Skip to content

Mike McCarthy Approached

The Browns Board
165 34 4.1k 1
  • @mr.-make-believe said:

    He also thought Hue Jackson and Todd Haley were best for the team. We can say he’d be wrong again. 

    The current crew earned their opportunity to go into next season at the helm. Don’t try to fix what isn’t broken.

    No, he let Hue bring in Haley. He was giving the current at the time staff a chance with a somehwhat built roster, he let nature take its course.

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    No, he let Hue bring in Haley. He was giving the current at the time staff a chance with a somehwhat built roster, he let nature take its course.

    You think Jackson wanted Haley here? I think you're dreaming oh, it was forced on him that pissed him off every second of the day.

    WSS

  • McCarthy wasn't even good for a HoF talent like Rodgers.    Why would there be an impression that here is some how different...? 

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    No, he let Hue bring in Haley. He was giving the current at the time staff a chance with a somehwhat built roster, he let nature take its course.

    You think Jackson wanted Haley here? I think you're dreaming oh, it was forced on him that pissed him off every second of the day.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    You think Jackson wanted Haley here? I think you're dreaming oh, it was forced on him that pissed him off every second of the day.

    WSS

    O I was under the impresssion that Haley was the guy Hue wanted to bring in.

    who did he want then?

  • McCarthy wasn't even good for a HoF talent like Rodgers.    Why would there be an impression that here is some how different...? 

    @tiamat63 said:

    McCarthy wasn't even good for a HoF talent like Rodgers.    Why would there be an impression that here is some how different...? 

    I blame the Packers GM, well now ex GM since he got fired..

  • In any case, if Dorsey thinks McCarthy is best for the team...who are we to say right?

    @clevfan4life said:

    In any case, if Dorsey thinks McCarthy is best for the team...who are we to say right?

    Agree. I have opined about keeping things intact. But I respect what JD has done and will support the team and his choices until given reason other wise. 

  • The last thing I want is another qb squanderer taking over the reins.

    Keep whats in place another year...they have earned it.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    McCarthy wasn't even good for a HoF talent like Rodgers.    Why would there be an impression that here is some how different...? 

    I blame the Packers GM, well now ex GM since he got fired..

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    I blame the Packers GM, well now ex GM since he got fired..

    GM didn't have a hand in the game day prep and questionable coaching the last 5 years.  

  • Out of all of the rumors, this is the only dude that I don't want.

    I think Dorsey already has his guy all but signed, but needs to do the Broadway style song and dance show to appease the NFL's ridiculous hiring rules. 

  • The problem with Dorsey seems to be his locking onto personnel early with little regard to input from anyone else.   It worked with Baker (so far)                  But he believes McCarthy is Andy Reid - he is incorrect.  

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    I blame the Packers GM, well now ex GM since he got fired..

    GM didn't have a hand in the game day prep and questionable coaching the last 5 years.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    GM didn't have a hand in the game day prep and questionable coaching the last 5 years.  

    Hahaha but how about the actual supporting cast of one of the greatest QBs of all time?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    GM didn't have a hand in the game day prep and questionable coaching the last 5 years.  

    Hahaha but how about the actual supporting cast of one of the greatest QBs of all time?

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Hahaha but how about the actual supporting cast of one of the greatest QBs of all time?

    Then that is on the GM.  But when said HoF openly has issues with his head coach, should tell you all you need to know.

    Green Bay had a sizable personnel advantage over Arizona and still found a way to lose to them.  Not only that but in the manner in which they took the L.  The team looked lost, without leadership, structure and just counting on Rodgers to do everything.     That should be a big red flag. 

  •  McCarthy had a premiere QB and couldn’t find his way to the playoffs . His approach is no longer working 

    @7moses7 said:

     McCarthy had a premiere QB and couldn’t find his way to the playoffs . His approach is no longer working 

    In his 13th year, Look at what he did with rogers in the early years.

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Hahaha but how about the actual supporting cast of one of the greatest QBs of all time?

    Then that is on the GM.  But when said HoF openly has issues with his head coach, should tell you all you need to know.

    Green Bay had a sizable personnel advantage over Arizona and still found a way to lose to them.  Not only that but in the manner in which they took the L.  The team looked lost, without leadership, structure and just counting on Rodgers to do everything.     That should be a big red flag. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Then that is on the GM.  But when said HoF openly has issues with his head coach, should tell you all you need to know.

    Green Bay had a sizable personnel advantage over Arizona and still found a way to lose to them.  Not only that but in the manner in which they took the L.  The team looked lost, without leadership, structure and just counting on Rodgers to do everything.     That should be a big red flag. 

    more going on than just McCarthy they sucked even harder after he got canned

  • If McCarthy with a young Baker can replicate what he did with a young Rogers bring him on. Rogers is on the downside of his career heading into his 14 season. GB failed to bring in talent and allowed his best WR's to leave.

  • for anyone who wants MM- watch the seattle-GB nfl championship game from several years back.  He singlehandedly lost that game

  • for anyone who wants MM- watch the seattle-GB nfl championship game from several years back.  He singlehandedly lost that game

    @tacosman said:

    for anyone who wants MM- watch the seattle-GB nfl championship game from several years back.  He singlehandedly lost that game

    coaches do that on occasion

  • I'm no McCarthy fan, but then I'm not John Dorsey either, so I'll wait & see what he choses & support his choice.

    Mike

  • I'm no McCarthy fan, but then I'm not John Dorsey either, so I'll wait & see what he choses & support his choice.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I'm no McCarthy fan, but then I'm not John Dorsey either, so I'll wait & see what he choses & support his choice.

    Mike

    that's pretty much where I am. 

  • McCarthy would be a nightmare for Chubb. I think McCarthy and Baker may bump heads too. How much of the fallout was Rodgers or his coach. I personally believe the team fell apart due to lack of talent and the wrong guy got the blame

  • McCarthy would be a nightmare for Chubb. I think McCarthy and Baker may bump heads too. How much of the fallout was Rodgers or his coach. I personally believe the team fell apart due to lack of talent and the wrong guy got the blame

    @louisville-slugger said:

    McCarthy would be a nightmare for Chubb. I think McCarthy and Baker may bump heads too. How much of the fallout was Rodgers or his coach. I personally believe the team fell apart due to lack of talent and the wrong guy got the blame

    I was intrigued at first about McCarthy, but the more I read (and heard specifically from Packers fans) the more I think McCarthy's best years might be behind him. 

    I also think A-a-ron Rodgers might very well be a world-class douche nozzle too, so there's that. It might be a combo situation in Green Bay.