Skip to content

Jarvis Landry headed to pro bowl

The Browns Board
106 24 2.4k 1
  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    I’m just blessed to say I was there in Tampa with my hands up in the air, signaling TOUCHDOWN for play #2, when Jarvis extended his left hand across the plane WHILE making a diving catch. Absolute baller.

    Awesome play to see live! That entire game was so very frustrating, right? We played like garbage the entire time, then we're down 14 with 7 minutes to go and here comes Baker. The Landry TD was absolutely sick, but don't forget about that 40 yard run he had! Lol! Little white boy was RUNNING, and then got drilled in the head, and THEN the refs said he was ALLOWED to be hit in the head. Wtf. And of course the 59 yard FG that killed us in OT. ARGH! 

    Best play I was in attendance for was the Callaway TD bomb on 4th and 5 from Tyrod. That was AWESOME! However, it was another frustrating game, too. Hehehehe 

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #63

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Best play I was in attendance for was the Callaway TD bomb on 4th and 5 from Tyrod. That was AWESOME! However, it was another frustrating game, too. Hehehehe 

    It was after that game that I was extremely OK with the loss because I knew we had our franchise QB and that “somebody” was getting fired sooner or later.. lol 

    And that Callaway bomb from TT! hell yea! That was the loudest I yelled at my TV all season. However, I did go a bit cray when Greg Joseph sneaked the GW over the upright against Baltimore, that was a special W. “GET IN THEREEE!!!!!” Felt like I was roid raging lmao

  • @the-gipper said:

    What I see there is a guy that is in the Top Ten in the league in that category.  That is how.   And, to me, if a guy is targeted and catches fewer of the passes thrown his way, it says to me:   QB accuracy issues.

    He’s nearly bottom in every category of those targeted most often. You can even extend it to the top 20 and 30 targeted and he is close to it bottom in all other categories. 

    I know our fans are desperate to win and change the culture but they’re a bit blind with this guy. He just isn’t very good. 

    T Tacosman wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @londonbrown said:

    He’s nearly bottom in every category of those targeted most often. You can even extend it to the top 20 and 30 targeted and he is close to it bottom in all other categories. 

    I know our fans are desperate to win and change the culture but they’re a bit blind with this guy. He just isn’t very good. 

    and this is what I've said when we signed him....he's at 6.5 yards per target.  Thats terrible in the nfl in 2018/19.

    We've had some bright spots this year....he was not one of them.  We need to divert some of those targets to more productive guys.

    Bad signing so far(as I predicted)...how much money do we still owe him where it is feasible to get out?

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #65

    Stats aren't everything!! The attitude & work ethic he brought to us are MAJOR additions.

    If you two can't see what a positive Landry is, you need to find another team to bitch about.

    Mike

  • Stats aren't everything!! The attitude & work ethic he brought to us are MAJOR additions.

    If you two can't see what a positive Landry is, you need to find another team to bitch about.

    Mike

    T Tacosman wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @canton-mike said:

    Stats aren't everything!! The attitude & work ethic he brought to us are MAJOR additions.

    If you two can't see what a positive Landry is, you need to find another team to bitch about.

    Mike

    well this is hard to quantify....but I would suggest we find someone who is paid a couple of mill per year to bring 'good attitude and work ethic' to us?

    But it's not my money....as long as our cap  situation is what it is, they can pay him what they want.

    As a browns fan hopefully the passes will be distributed more to guys who are more efficient though.....

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #67

    You are correct about it being difficult to quantify, but Landry IS one of those players who raises the level of play of those around him & stats alone will not define that.

    Mike

  • @londonbrown said:

    He’s nearly bottom in every category of those targeted most often. You can even extend it to the top 20 and 30 targeted and he is close to it bottom in all other categories. 

    I know our fans are desperate to win and change the culture but they’re a bit blind with this guy. He just isn’t very good. 

    and this is what I've said when we signed him....he's at 6.5 yards per target.  Thats terrible in the nfl in 2018/19.

    We've had some bright spots this year....he was not one of them.  We need to divert some of those targets to more productive guys.

    Bad signing so far(as I predicted)...how much money do we still owe him where it is feasible to get out?

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #68

    @tacosman said:

    and this is what I've said when we signed him....he's at 6.5 yards per target.  Thats terrible in the nfl in 2018/19.

    We've had some bright spots this year....he was not one of them.  We need to divert some of those targets to more productive guys.

    Bad signing so far(as I predicted)...how much money do we still owe him where it is feasible to get out?

    His targets started to differ once Hue left. Baker doesn’t like Landry as much as this board does. 

  • @tacosman said:

    and this is what I've said when we signed him....he's at 6.5 yards per target.  Thats terrible in the nfl in 2018/19.

    We've had some bright spots this year....he was not one of them.  We need to divert some of those targets to more productive guys.

    Bad signing so far(as I predicted)...how much money do we still owe him where it is feasible to get out?

    His targets started to differ once Hue left. Baker doesn’t like Landry as much as this board does. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @londonbrown said:

    His targets started to differ once Hue left. Baker doesn’t like Landry as much as this board does. 

    I didn’t know your name was Baker 

  • @tacosman said:

    and this is what I've said when we signed him....he's at 6.5 yards per target.  Thats terrible in the nfl in 2018/19.

    We've had some bright spots this year....he was not one of them.  We need to divert some of those targets to more productive guys.

    Bad signing so far(as I predicted)...how much money do we still owe him where it is feasible to get out?

    His targets started to differ once Hue left. Baker doesn’t like Landry as much as this board does. 

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @londonbrown said:

    His targets started to differ once Hue left. Baker doesn’t like Landry as much as this board does. 

    Lmao what a troll

  • @tacosman said:

    and this is what I've said when we signed him....he's at 6.5 yards per target.  Thats terrible in the nfl in 2018/19.

    We've had some bright spots this year....he was not one of them.  We need to divert some of those targets to more productive guys.

    Bad signing so far(as I predicted)...how much money do we still owe him where it is feasible to get out?

    His targets started to differ once Hue left. Baker doesn’t like Landry as much as this board does. 

    T Tacosman wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @londonbrown said:

    His targets started to differ once Hue left. Baker doesn’t like Landry as much as this board does. 

    well makes sense as Baker doesnt seem like a guy who expects to get 6 yards per target or one td evey 40 targets

  • You are correct about it being difficult to quantify, but Landry IS one of those players who raises the level of play of those around him & stats alone will not define that.

    Mike

    T Tacosman wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @canton-mike said:

    You are correct about it being difficult to quantify, but Landry IS one of those players who raises the level of play of those around him & stats alone will not define that.

    Mike

    how do we prove that?  What is the evidence for this?  Couldn't you just as easily say this about any player anyone wanted?

  • @londonbrown said:

    His targets started to differ once Hue left. Baker doesn’t like Landry as much as this board does. 

    Lmao what a troll

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #73

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Lmao what a troll

    ? i took a similar amount of stick when we traded Hyde. I was delighted about it and everyone else....wasnt. 

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Lmao what a troll

    ? i took a similar amount of stick when we traded Hyde. I was delighted about it and everyone else....wasnt. 

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @londonbrown said:

    ? i took a similar amount of stick when we traded Hyde. I was delighted about it and everyone else....wasnt. 

    It’s easy to give your opinions stick, man. Especially how you go about it. “Hue deserves to get fired even if he never loses another game in his life” type shit, you sound like a hater half the time.

    And at least we agreed on something then, as I wasn’t fond of Hyde as well and even went as far as to saying he was used as a rental until Chubb was ready to go.

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Lmao what a troll

    ? i took a similar amount of stick when we traded Hyde. I was delighted about it and everyone else....wasnt. 

    T Tacosman wrote on last edited by
    #75

    @londonbrown said:

    ? i took a similar amount of stick when we traded Hyde. I was delighted about it and everyone else....wasnt. 

    this forum, practically everyone here, is mostly divorced from actual data.  Or actual data that is shown to be related to success winning(ie citing how many total catches landry is).  

    there is a lot of ass backwards thinking in here that doesn't go along with the nfl in 2019

  • @londonbrown said:

    ? i took a similar amount of stick when we traded Hyde. I was delighted about it and everyone else....wasnt. 

    this forum, practically everyone here, is mostly divorced from actual data.  Or actual data that is shown to be related to success winning(ie citing how many total catches landry is).  

    there is a lot of ass backwards thinking in here that doesn't go along with the nfl in 2019

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @tacosman said:

    this forum, practically everyone here, is mostly divorced from actual data.  Or actual data that is shown to be related to success winning(ie citing how many total catches landry is).  

    there is a lot of ass backwards thinking in here that doesn't go along with the nfl in 2019

    Gtfo if you don’t know what “logic” and “sense” are. Stats are great but not everything. Your ass is backwards.

  • @canton-mike said:

    Stats aren't everything!! The attitude & work ethic he brought to us are MAJOR additions.

    If you two can't see what a positive Landry is, you need to find another team to bitch about.

    Mike

    well this is hard to quantify....but I would suggest we find someone who is paid a couple of mill per year to bring 'good attitude and work ethic' to us?

    But it's not my money....as long as our cap  situation is what it is, they can pay him what they want.

    As a browns fan hopefully the passes will be distributed more to guys who are more efficient though.....

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @tacosman said:

    As a browns fan hopefully 

    you will become a bigger CFL fan CzIL.gif  RCac.gif        actual data..

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Best play I was in attendance for was the Callaway TD bomb on 4th and 5 from Tyrod. That was AWESOME! However, it was another frustrating game, too. Hehehehe 

    It was after that game that I was extremely OK with the loss because I knew we had our franchise QB and that “somebody” was getting fired sooner or later.. lol 

    And that Callaway bomb from TT! hell yea! That was the loudest I yelled at my TV all season. However, I did go a bit cray when Greg Joseph sneaked the GW over the upright against Baltimore, that was a special W. “GET IN THEREEE!!!!!” Felt like I was roid raging lmao

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    It was after that game that I was extremely OK with the loss because I knew we had our franchise QB and that “somebody” was getting fired sooner or later.. lol 

    And that Callaway bomb from TT! hell yea! That was the loudest I yelled at my TV all season. However, I did go a bit cray when Greg Joseph sneaked the GW over the upright against Baltimore, that was a special W. “GET IN THEREEE!!!!!” Felt like I was roid raging lmao

    LOL! Yes! I thought there was NO way it had any CHANCE of going through, and the announcer yelled, "IT WENT INNNNNN!" So awesome. 

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #79

    Landry is a possession WR being paid like a star WR.  Like others have said I don't care what they pay him until the cap becomes an issue.  Good for him making the Pro Bowl but it also illustrates it isn't a measure of top tier talent in the league since his numbers are good at best.

  • Landry is a possession WR being paid like a star WR.  Like others have said I don't care what they pay him until the cap becomes an issue.  Good for him making the Pro Bowl but it also illustrates it isn't a measure of top tier talent in the league since his numbers are good at best.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @baconhound said:

    Landry is a possession WR being paid like a star WR.  Like others have said I don't care what they pay him until the cap becomes an issue.  Good for him making the Pro Bowl but it also illustrates it isn't a measure of top tier talent in the league since his numbers are good at best.

    It also proves the point that most players could give a shit about the pro bowl since they are backing out all the time.   

  • @baconhound said:

    Landry is a possession WR being paid like a star WR.  Like others have said I don't care what they pay him until the cap becomes an issue.  Good for him making the Pro Bowl but it also illustrates it isn't a measure of top tier talent in the league since his numbers are good at best.

    It also proves the point that most players could give a shit about the pro bowl since they are backing out all the time.   

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @mark-o said:

    It also proves the point that most players could give a shit about the pro bowl since they are backing out all the time.   

    Two things Mark

    1) I never respected Dan Marino for coming up with a phantom injury every year so he didn't have to play.

    2) With the billions the NFL makes, what they pay the guys in the Pro Bowl is an insult. Make it $500k to the winners, and $250k to the losers, and I'd bet a lot more guys would show up. 

    & Yes I'm one of the few that actually watches the Pro Bowl every year. 

  • @mark-o said:

    It also proves the point that most players could give a shit about the pro bowl since they are backing out all the time.   

    Two things Mark

    1) I never respected Dan Marino for coming up with a phantom injury every year so he didn't have to play.

    2) With the billions the NFL makes, what they pay the guys in the Pro Bowl is an insult. Make it $500k to the winners, and $250k to the losers, and I'd bet a lot more guys would show up. 

    & Yes I'm one of the few that actually watches the Pro Bowl every year. 

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @hoorta said:

    & Yes I'm one of the few that actually watches the Pro Bowl every year. 

    So you're the one who's watching.  Good to know.    I'm sure I watched when I was a kid but I just have no interest at all.   I might at least look to tune in this year since there will be some good looking orange helmets in the game for a change.