Skip to content

Our Trading GM ....The Dorse

The Browns Board
31 11 1.6k
  • I think the one thing I had wrong this offseason is Linebacker. I think they REALLY value Genard Avery, and I think Kirkseys leadership and ability registers higher than I thought.

    I expected a bigger turnover/addition.

    Z

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #19

    Zombo said:

    I think the one thing I had wrong this offseason is Linebacker. I think they REALLY value Genard Avery, and I think Kirkseys leadership and ability registers higher than I thought.

    I expected a bigger turnover/addition.

    Z

    I think your right..If were talking Chad Thomas/Smith/Avery getting more reps? Vernon has no issue lining up at linebacker either..Any of them.Giants did.The LB Dorse picked up from TB, ain't no joker either. Let's Move to Simmons..Only 2 teams with Pro Day & Private meeting equals Browns & Colts. Private only-TB(PICKS-#5 & 2.7)/KC(29)/Colts(26 &2.2)/Mia.(13 & 2.16)/Oak.(4-24-27 & 2.3)/Sea.(21)/Texans(23)/Vikings (18)..2 additional teams just showed at Pro Day/ Eagles(25) & Jags (7 & 2.6)..Combined teams keeping picks would have to pass on Simmons 17 times that had visits..before the Browns pick at #49..I just don't see that happening with Simmons on field talents..and Simmons may not even be the name on the card with Dorsey 😮  

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by flyingfooldoug
    #20

    Dorsey has put together a team that has depth. Year in, year out, half decent starter gets hurt, no quality backup. Now we have second teamers  that could be starters on other teams. 

  • Dorsey has put together a team that has depth. Year in, year out, half decent starter gets hurt, no quality backup. Now we have second teamers  that could be starters on other teams. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Dorsey has put together a team that has depth. Year in, year out, half decent starter gets hurt, no quality backup. Now we have second teamers  that could be starters on other teams. 

    Hopefully we don't have to find that out for certain this year. I prefer not to test your theory.??

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Dorsey has put together a team that has depth. Year in, year out, half decent starter gets hurt, no quality backup. Now we have second teamers  that could be starters on other teams. 

    Hopefully we don't have to find that out for certain this year. I prefer not to test your theory.??

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @texasag1969 said:

    Hopefully we don't have to find that out for certain this year. I prefer not to test your theory.??

    Every year every team deals with injuries. If you have depth of talent, you’re in pretty good shape. Our team has been the model for otherwise

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Hopefully we don't have to find that out for certain this year. I prefer not to test your theory.??

    Every year every team deals with injuries. If you have depth of talent, you’re in pretty good shape. Our team has been the model for otherwise

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Every year every team deals with injuries. If you have depth of talent, you’re in pretty good shape. Our team has been the model for otherwise

    True but every year a team that should have gone deep in the playoffs does not because of too many key injuries and a team or two with none gets there despite the odds going in. I want us to be the latter.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Every year every team deals with injuries. If you have depth of talent, you’re in pretty good shape. Our team has been the model for otherwise

    True but every year a team that should have gone deep in the playoffs does not because of too many key injuries and a team or two with none gets there despite the odds going in. I want us to be the latter.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @texasag1969 said:

    True but every year a team that should have gone deep in the playoffs does not because of too many key injuries and a team or two with none gets there despite the odds going in. I want us to be the latter.

    True but? Lol

  • Dorsey has put together a team that has depth. Year in, year out, half decent starter gets hurt, no quality backup. Now we have second teamers  that could be starters on other teams. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Now we have second teamers  that could be starters on other teams. 

    We do?

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Every year every team deals with injuries. If you have depth of talent, you’re in pretty good shape. Our team has been the model for otherwise

    True but every year a team that should have gone deep in the playoffs does not because of too many key injuries and a team or two with none gets there despite the odds going in. I want us to be the latter.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #26

    @texasag1969 said:

    True but every year a team that should have gone deep in the playoffs does not because of too many key injuries and a team or two with none gets there despite the odds going in. I want us to be the latter.

    I've pointed out before, not necessarily making the playoffs, but costing you a bunch of wins. Living in Bengal territory- I'll posit some of their poor record was due to the rash of injuries they had. Eifert was out nearly the entire year, Dalton and AJ Green essentially missed 1\2 the season. How would the Browns do if the same happened to Baker, Landry, and Njoku? 

    Now some of the following stats are skewed with non-contributors on both teams sitting out the entire season so take it FWIW.  

    Looking at pro football reference the Bengals had an astounding 250+ player\games missed either due to "out" or "IR".  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2018_injuries.htm

    By comparison the Browns were around 200 https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/2018_injuries.htm 

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Now we have second teamers  that could be starters on other teams. 

    We do?

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @tour2ma said:

    We do?

    Yes, that’s what I wrote. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    We do?

    Yes, that’s what I wrote. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Yes, that’s what I wrote. 

    I thought maybe you had some examples you might like to share...

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Yes, that’s what I wrote. 

    I thought maybe you had some examples you might like to share...

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @tour2ma said:

    I thought maybe you had some examples you might like to share...

    You mean like running back? I kinda thought it was obvious to most. At least around Cleveland we know we have more depth. Too deep?

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #30
  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #31
    Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 20m20 minutes ago
    Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
    At No. 31, the Rams already have received calls from teams interested in trading into the back of the first round, per sources. Teams value getting the fifth-year option in the contract’s of first-round picks, and the back of the draft tonight is likely to be fluid and busy.
    More

    At No. 31, the Rams already have received calls from teams interested in trading into the back of the first round, per sources. Teams value getting the fifth-year option in the contract’s of first-round picks, and the back of the draft tonight is likely to be fluid and busy.

    Image result for john dorsey on the phone