Skip to content

Gerald McCoy/ Mike Daniels

The Browns Board
272 35 12.1k 1
  • Looks like the fucking Ratfuckers are going heavy after McCoy.

  • Looks like the fucking Ratfuckers are going heavy after McCoy.

    @the-gipper said:

    Looks like the fucking Ratfuckers are going heavy after McCoy.

    “Sources” saying he wants to play for a contender and BAL fits better. My unbiased opinion and money would say CLE is more of a contender right now. 

  • No heavier than the browns did. His visit format is exactly the same as his browns visit

  • @tour2ma said:

    Yet that is exactly what JD did when he swapped Zeitler for Vernon.

    You have to give value to get value.

    Maybe he did, and it still remains to be seen if that was the right move. 

    On the other hand, the trade of Zeitler may be compared to the trade of Carlos Hyde.  That trade opened things up for Chubb to become the starting RB. He may see trading Zeitler as a way of opening things up for Corbett....whom, perhaps (like Chubb) he sees as a person with more potential than the person he traded.

    @the-gipper said:

    On the other hand, the trade of Zeitler may be compared to the trade of Carlos Hyde.  That trade opened things up for Chubb to become the starting RB. He may see trading Zeitler as a way of opening things up for Corbett....whom, perhaps (like Chubb) he sees as a person with more potential than the person he traded.

    Which is the definition of "a position of strength".

    It usually takes you more than consecutive posts for you to contradict yourself

  • any news on this? he was supposed to be signed by one or the other by today. I hope he's smart and realizes that his productivity might return to it's old form in our rotation. He's not going anywhere in the postseason with the Ravens.....not until they get a real QB. But if the Ravens throw money at him, clearly overpaying..which I suspect they will do..i can't blame him if he signs with them. If it's comparable offers tho….it's pretty clear who he should choose. But I think the Ravens are desperate to keep FA's out of Cleveland. 

  • any news on this? he was supposed to be signed by one or the other by today. I hope he's smart and realizes that his productivity might return to it's old form in our rotation. He's not going anywhere in the postseason with the Ravens.....not until they get a real QB. But if the Ravens throw money at him, clearly overpaying..which I suspect they will do..i can't blame him if he signs with them. If it's comparable offers tho….it's pretty clear who he should choose. But I think the Ravens are desperate to keep FA's out of Cleveland. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    any news on this? he was supposed to be signed by one or the other by today. I hope he's smart and realizes that his productivity might return to it's old form in our rotation. He's not going anywhere in the postseason with the Ravens.....not until they get a real QB. But if the Ravens throw money at him, clearly overpaying..which I suspect they will do..i can't blame him if he signs with them. If it's comparable offers tho….it's pretty clear who he should choose. But I think the Ravens are desperate to keep FA's out of Cleveland. 

    They may be actually, didn’t think of that. We have about three times the cap room they do, so i think it should be a little easier for us to sign him. 

  • @clevfan4life said:

    any news on this? he was supposed to be signed by one or the other by today. I hope he's smart and realizes that his productivity might return to it's old form in our rotation. He's not going anywhere in the postseason with the Ravens.....not until they get a real QB. But if the Ravens throw money at him, clearly overpaying..which I suspect they will do..i can't blame him if he signs with them. If it's comparable offers tho….it's pretty clear who he should choose. But I think the Ravens are desperate to keep FA's out of Cleveland. 

    They may be actually, didn’t think of that. We have about three times the cap room they do, so i think it should be a little easier for us to sign him. 

    @comeonman said:

    They may be actually, didn’t think of that. We have about three times the cap room they do, so i think it should be a little easier for us to sign him. 

    yeah but will Dorsey overpay him? 

  • He is staying the night again in Baltimore

  • @comeonman said:

    They may be actually, didn’t think of that. We have about three times the cap room they do, so i think it should be a little easier for us to sign him. 

    yeah but will Dorsey overpay him? 

    @clevfan4life said:

    yeah but will Dorsey overpay him? 

    If it’s a one year deal, I don’t think I would mind if we overpaid a little tbh

  • He is staying the night again in Baltimore

    @lbc-mike said:

    He is staying the night again in Baltimore

    Only seen the opposite reported. Josina Anderson just reported he's on his way home to discuss with family

  • https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/free-agent-gerald-mccoy-reportedly-deciding-between-two-afc-north-teams/    why play now in a 3-4 defensive front with a QB that says he never knew his offense would change with a new OC ?..Leave your Agent in Balt-dee & ride to the Land.. Thank me later😉 when all your dinners are free..?

  • @clevfan4life said:

    yeah but will Dorsey overpay him? 

    If it’s a one year deal, I don’t think I would mind if we overpaid a little tbh

    @comeonman said:

    If it’s a one year deal, I don’t think I would mind if we overpaid a little tbh

    well right but Blt will go either more pay or more years. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    On the other hand, the trade of Zeitler may be compared to the trade of Carlos Hyde.  That trade opened things up for Chubb to become the starting RB. He may see trading Zeitler as a way of opening things up for Corbett....whom, perhaps (like Chubb) he sees as a person with more potential than the person he traded.

    Which is the definition of "a position of strength".

    It usually takes you more than consecutive posts for you to contradict yourself

    @tour2ma said:

    Which is the definition of "a position of strength".

    It usually takes you more than consecutive posts for you to contradict yourself

    I didn't contradict myself at all....you just have comprehension/interpretation issues. 

    Trading Zeitler may indeed have created a weakness out of a position of strength.  I simply related how it may be that Dorsey feels about it:  moving someone to open up a position for someone else that he may have more confidence in.  Why does he have more confidence in him? Perhaps, simply because Corbett was HIS choice. 

    So...no I did not contradict myself.  I still do not believe you strengthen one position by weakening another.  But despite what I think may have happened here....Dorsey may not think the same way as I do.  Or maybe he does. Maybe he does NOT think that he has weakened the RG position by his moves.  We just have to live by what he has done and hope he is right. 

    Will I defer to him because he has the job...and the experience and the knowlege?  Absoluteley. (that does not mean that he will be proven right) And believe it or not...he even has all that over you despite what you may think.

  • They are indicating he is now going to Carolina too. Can you spell distraction? 

    Let me know when he's a Brown......otherwise, meh....

    We coulda/shoulda just dropped a 6th or 7th and it woulda been a done deal weeks ago.....

  • For 13m tho. Think Dorsey is smart on this...we had first visit, GM likely knows we have the most money.

    Can't blame the guy for doing the FA tour...career is almost over and it's a first for him. Saint might even throw in, but they're also cap strapped a bit. Browns definitely not a shoe in by any means, but think we got a chance to land him. It's obviously about money...

  • They are indicating he is now going to Carolina too. Can you spell distraction? 

    Let me know when he's a Brown......otherwise, meh....

    We coulda/shoulda just dropped a 6th or 7th and it woulda been a done deal weeks ago.....

    @mudfly said:

    They are indicating he is now going to Carolina too. Can you spell distraction? 

    Let me know when he's a Brown......otherwise, meh....

    We coulda/shoulda just dropped a 6th or 7th and it woulda been a done deal weeks ago.....

    I think his $13 million a year salary was too rich for us. We would've been on the hook for it in a trade. 

  • Although it would very much be nice if Corbett worked out and our run game went well..

     - Or does "established" happen after one carry?

  • They are indicating he is now going to Carolina too. Can you spell distraction? 

    Let me know when he's a Brown......otherwise, meh....

    We coulda/shoulda just dropped a 6th or 7th and it woulda been a done deal weeks ago.....

    @mudfly said:

    We coulda/shoulda just dropped a 6th or 7th and it woulda been a done deal weeks ago.....

    wutz up stranger..??  reportedly, only one team tried to trade..reported, as Not Us, 4 days ago..  https://www.bucsnation.com/2019/5/25/18639671/report-buccaneers-almost-traded-gerald-mccoy      my guess would be, the Bucs wanted a draft pick/picks, a round or two higher? Honestly, am glad he gets to go where he* chooses..    

  • @mudfly said:

    They are indicating he is now going to Carolina too. Can you spell distraction? 

    Let me know when he's a Brown......otherwise, meh....

    We coulda/shoulda just dropped a 6th or 7th and it woulda been a done deal weeks ago.....

    I think his $13 million a year salary was too rich for us. We would've been on the hook for it in a trade. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I think his $13 million a year salary was too rich for us. We would've been on the hook for it in a trade. 

    So?  Now he is a free agent who can take the best offer, right?   And by cutting him, TB was off the hook for that 13 mill right?  And the same with any team that signs him, right?

    Another question:  how about the Rams, are they in the mix?   They lost Suh so would they be in the market for a replacemement? (or did they get one already).  And obviously they fit the condition of being a "contender"....given that they were just in the Super Bowl.

  • If he signs with any team other than us... he's not really into winning a championship. Playoffs, maybe. But let it be known that we are winning it all.