Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Political Discussion
  3. MBA Debt

MBA Debt

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Political Discussion
70 Posts 11 Posters 772 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
    • 33k Posts
    • 3k Reputation
    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #1

    How much student loan debt for an MBA do you think Bernie will waive when he becomes president? Need to find my sweet spot here...

    Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
    OldBrownsFanO bigbamboB LogicIsForSquaresL 3 Replies Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

      How much student loan debt for an MBA do you think Bernie will waive when he becomes president? Need to find my sweet spot here...

      OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
      • 11k Posts
      • 3k Reputation
      OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
      #2

      @mld-woody said:

      How much student loan debt for an MBA do you think Bernie will waive when he becomes president? Need to find my sweet spot here...

      1 Reply Last reply
      😂
      Quote Reply
      • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

        How much student loan debt for an MBA do you think Bernie will waive when he becomes president? Need to find my sweet spot here...

        bigbambo bigbamboB Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 431 Posts
        • 133 Reputation
        bigbamboB bigbambo wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @mld-woody said:

         Need to find my sweet spot here...

        I believe you can skip any area dealing with logic.  

        1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
          • 39k Posts
          • 9k Reputation
          W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Somebody who gets an MBA and can't pay off his student loan is probably not using the degree all that wisely. But I get it everybody wants something for nothing.

          WSS

          www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
          MLD WoodyM 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

            How much student loan debt for an MBA do you think Bernie will waive when he becomes president? Need to find my sweet spot here...

            LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 10k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @mld-woody said:

            How much student loan debt for an MBA do you think Bernie will waive when he becomes president? Need to find my sweet spot here...

            Let me know when you find out from the Bernster.

            MLD WoodyM 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • W Westside Steve

              Somebody who gets an MBA and can't pay off his student loan is probably not using the degree all that wisely. But I get it everybody wants something for nothing.

              WSS

              MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
              • 33k Posts
              • 3k Reputation
              MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @westside-steve said:

              Somebody who gets an MBA and can't pay off his student loan is probably not using the degree all that wisely. But I get it everybody wants something for nothing.

              WSS

              There's some expensive ass programs out there. Michigan included

              Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
              W 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares

                @mld-woody said:

                How much student loan debt for an MBA do you think Bernie will waive when he becomes president? Need to find my sweet spot here...

                Let me know when you find out from the Bernster.

                MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                • 33k Posts
                • 3k Reputation
                MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @logicisforsquares said:

                Let me know when you find out from the Bernster.

                I'll shoot him a text

                Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                1 Reply Last reply
                👍
                Quote Reply
                • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                  @westside-steve said:

                  Somebody who gets an MBA and can't pay off his student loan is probably not using the degree all that wisely. But I get it everybody wants something for nothing.

                  WSS

                  There's some expensive ass programs out there. Michigan included

                  Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                  • 39k Posts
                  • 9k Reputation
                  W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @mld-woody said:

                  There's some expensive ass programs out there. Michigan included

                  I have no doubt that's true. But 1 would think there are some expectations that come along with that price tag. 

                  WSS

                  www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                  OldBrownsFanO MLD WoodyM 2 Replies Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • W Westside Steve

                    @mld-woody said:

                    There's some expensive ass programs out there. Michigan included

                    I have no doubt that's true. But 1 would think there are some expectations that come along with that price tag. 

                    WSS

                    OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
                    • 11k Posts
                    • 3k Reputation
                    OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @westside-steve said:

                    I have no doubt that's true. But 1 would think there are some expectations that come along with that price tag. 

                    WSS

                    At least under Trump those graduating today have a good job market with rising wages to look forward to. 

                    LogicIsForSquaresL MLD WoodyM 2 Replies Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan

                      @westside-steve said:

                      I have no doubt that's true. But 1 would think there are some expectations that come along with that price tag. 

                      WSS

                      At least under Trump those graduating today have a good job market with rising wages to look forward to. 

                      LogicIsForSquares LogicIsForSquaresL Dedicated Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 10k Posts
                      • 2k Reputation
                      LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @oldbrownsfan said:

                      At least under Trump those graduating today have a good job market with rising wages to look forward to. 

                      Wages are increasing but when compared to inflation (3.2% increase in wages, 1.9% inflation) it ends up being a pretty minimal bump.

                      C 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan

                        @westside-steve said:

                        I have no doubt that's true. But 1 would think there are some expectations that come along with that price tag. 

                        WSS

                        At least under Trump those graduating today have a good job market with rising wages to look forward to. 

                        MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                        • 33k Posts
                        • 3k Reputation
                        MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @oldbrownsfan said:

                        At least under Trump those graduating today have a good job market with rising wages to look forward to. 

                        I don't think there's been a major change in the last two years. Degrees in demand are still in demand. Exploding student loan debt is still an issue. 

                        Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                        OldBrownsFanO 1 Reply Last reply
                        👍
                        Quote Reply
                        • W Westside Steve

                          @mld-woody said:

                          There's some expensive ass programs out there. Michigan included

                          I have no doubt that's true. But 1 would think there are some expectations that come along with that price tag. 

                          WSS

                          MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                          • 33k Posts
                          • 3k Reputation
                          MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @westside-steve said:

                          I have no doubt that's true. But 1 would think there are some expectations that come along with that price tag. 

                          WSS

                          Yeah those are the top programs with the best networking, professors, etc.

                          But we're talking $140k plus for Chicago, Michigan, Etc.

                          I'd love to... But fuck that's a lot of debt.

                          Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                          W jbluhm86J 2 Replies Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                            @westside-steve said:

                            I have no doubt that's true. But 1 would think there are some expectations that come along with that price tag. 

                            WSS

                            Yeah those are the top programs with the best networking, professors, etc.

                            But we're talking $140k plus for Chicago, Michigan, Etc.

                            I'd love to... But fuck that's a lot of debt.

                            Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                            • 39k Posts
                            • 9k Reputation
                            W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                            #13

                            @mld-woody said:

                            Yeah those are the top programs with the best networking, professors, etc.

                            But we're talking $140k plus for Chicago, Michigan, Etc.

                            I'd love to... But fuck that's a lot of debt.

                            I would assume that a student with one of those top degrees should expect a pretty lucrative career. If that's not the case then it's probably not worth the expense.

                            WSS

                            www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                            MLD WoodyM 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares

                              @oldbrownsfan said:

                              At least under Trump those graduating today have a good job market with rising wages to look forward to. 

                              Wages are increasing but when compared to inflation (3.2% increase in wages, 1.9% inflation) it ends up being a pretty minimal bump.

                              calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                              • 64k Posts
                              • 8k Reputation
                              C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @logicisforsquares said:

                              Wages are increasing but when compared to inflation (3.2% increase in wages, 1.9% inflation) it ends up being a pretty minimal bump.

                              picky picky picky

                              LogicIsForSquaresL 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                                @oldbrownsfan said:

                                At least under Trump those graduating today have a good job market with rising wages to look forward to. 

                                I don't think there's been a major change in the last two years. Degrees in demand are still in demand. Exploding student loan debt is still an issue. 

                                OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
                                • 11k Posts
                                • 3k Reputation
                                OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @mld-woody said:

                                I don't think there's been a major change in the last two years. Degrees in demand are still in demand. Exploding student loan debt is still an issue. 

                                I remember you complaining recently about the trouble you had with hiring. That is because this economy favors workers and they can be more selective about where they want to go instead of having to take the first available job because jobs are in such short supply.

                                MLD WoodyM 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • W Westside Steve

                                  @mld-woody said:

                                  Yeah those are the top programs with the best networking, professors, etc.

                                  But we're talking $140k plus for Chicago, Michigan, Etc.

                                  I'd love to... But fuck that's a lot of debt.

                                  I would assume that a student with one of those top degrees should expect a pretty lucrative career. If that's not the case then it's probably not worth the expense.

                                  WSS

                                  MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                                  • 33k Posts
                                  • 3k Reputation
                                  MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @westside-steve said:

                                  I would assume put a student with one of those top degrees should expect a pretty lucrative career. If that's not the case then it's probably not worth the expense.

                                  WSS

                                  Well I'm not exactly looking for a swing into those fancy, high paying, lucrative business careers (I don't think). Sure I'll bet on me... But it's still a lot.

                                  I could alternatively go to BW for $30k-ish, get the degree, check the box and learn something too. Just won't be as prestigious and stuff

                                  There's a debate about how much it really matters. Compelling arguments on both sides.

                                  Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                                  W 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan

                                    @mld-woody said:

                                    I don't think there's been a major change in the last two years. Degrees in demand are still in demand. Exploding student loan debt is still an issue. 

                                    I remember you complaining recently about the trouble you had with hiring. That is because this economy favors workers and they can be more selective about where they want to go instead of having to take the first available job because jobs are in such short supply.

                                    MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                                    • 33k Posts
                                    • 3k Reputation
                                    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @oldbrownsfan said:

                                    I remember you complaining recently about the trouble you had with hiring. That is because this economy favors workers and they can be more selective about where they want to go instead of having to take the first available job because jobs are in such short supply.

                                    Hiring production workers. Machinists. Operators. Etc

                                    I haven't had any issues with engineers.

                                    My comment was more directed at degrees professionals

                                    Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                                    OldBrownsFanO 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                                      @westside-steve said:

                                      I would assume put a student with one of those top degrees should expect a pretty lucrative career. If that's not the case then it's probably not worth the expense.

                                      WSS

                                      Well I'm not exactly looking for a swing into those fancy, high paying, lucrative business careers (I don't think). Sure I'll bet on me... But it's still a lot.

                                      I could alternatively go to BW for $30k-ish, get the degree, check the box and learn something too. Just won't be as prestigious and stuff

                                      There's a debate about how much it really matters. Compelling arguments on both sides.

                                      Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                                      • 39k Posts
                                      • 9k Reputation
                                      W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                                      #18

                                      @mld-woody said:

                                      Well I'm not exactly looking for a swing into those fancy, high paying, lucrative business careers (I don't think). Sure I'll bet on me... But it's still a lot.

                                      I could alternatively go to BW for $30k-ish, get the degree, check the box and learn something too. Just won't be as prestigious and stuff

                                      There's a debate about how much it really matters. Compelling arguments on both sides.

                                      And one question should be if it's not for Success then how much should Joe Blow the taxpayer pay for Prestige?

                                      And I guess I kind of understand the networking thing oh, somebody that has a theater degree from NYU is probably rubbing elbows with people who will be successful, as opposed to the University of Akron. Not that the guy from NYU is any more talented but when your classmates turn out to be Stars... 

                                      WSS

                                      www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                                      MLD WoodyM 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody

                                        @oldbrownsfan said:

                                        I remember you complaining recently about the trouble you had with hiring. That is because this economy favors workers and they can be more selective about where they want to go instead of having to take the first available job because jobs are in such short supply.

                                        Hiring production workers. Machinists. Operators. Etc

                                        I haven't had any issues with engineers.

                                        My comment was more directed at degrees professionals

                                        OldBrownsFan OldBrownsFanO
                                        • 11k Posts
                                        • 3k Reputation
                                        OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @mld-woody said:

                                        Hiring production workers. Machinists. Operators. Etc

                                        I haven't had any issues with engineers.

                                        My comment was more directed at degrees professionals

                                        This economy is good for all workers though. This type of economy is better for workers than any union. I am not anti union but not for them either. My attitude is any employer who has a union probably deserves one.

                                        MLD WoodyM 1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • W Westside Steve

                                          @mld-woody said:

                                          Well I'm not exactly looking for a swing into those fancy, high paying, lucrative business careers (I don't think). Sure I'll bet on me... But it's still a lot.

                                          I could alternatively go to BW for $30k-ish, get the degree, check the box and learn something too. Just won't be as prestigious and stuff

                                          There's a debate about how much it really matters. Compelling arguments on both sides.

                                          And one question should be if it's not for Success then how much should Joe Blow the taxpayer pay for Prestige?

                                          And I guess I kind of understand the networking thing oh, somebody that has a theater degree from NYU is probably rubbing elbows with people who will be successful, as opposed to the University of Akron. Not that the guy from NYU is any more talented but when your classmates turn out to be Stars... 

                                          WSS

                                          MLD Woody MLD WoodyM Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular First Post Collaborator Posting Machine Reacting Well One Month Later One Year In Week One Done
                                          • 33k Posts
                                          • 3k Reputation
                                          MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @westside-steve said:

                                          And one question should be if it's not for Success then how much should Joe Blow the taxpayer pay for Prestige?

                                          And I guess I kind of understand the networking thing oh, somebody that has a theater degree from NYU is probably rubbing elbows with people who will be successful, as opposed to the University of Akron. Not that the guy from NYU is any more talented but when your classmates turn out to be Stars... 

                                          WSS

                                          I'm also 90% joking in this thread. The vast majority of graduate level degrees shouldn't really get any taxpayer support. The issue is with undergrad degrees, which are pretty much necessary. Now these graduate degrees still have the problem of a rapid increase in tuition, but they're much more optional. 

                                          Ja.brill Peppers - Cleveland Brown OldBrownsFan, on 02 Jun 2017 - 5:09PM said: "No you are not the work of the devil but you are deceived by the devil." Who's got it better than us? Nooooobody!
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate