MBA Debt
-
Somebody who gets an MBA and can't pay off his student loan is probably not using the degree all that wisely. But I get it everybody wants something for nothing.
WSS
-
How much student loan debt for an MBA do you think Bernie will waive when he becomes president? Need to find my sweet spot here...
How much student loan debt for an MBA do you think Bernie will waive when he becomes president? Need to find my sweet spot here...
Let me know when you find out from the Bernster.
-
Somebody who gets an MBA and can't pay off his student loan is probably not using the degree all that wisely. But I get it everybody wants something for nothing.
WSS
Somebody who gets an MBA and can't pay off his student loan is probably not using the degree all that wisely. But I get it everybody wants something for nothing.
WSS
There's some expensive ass programs out there. Michigan included
-
How much student loan debt for an MBA do you think Bernie will waive when he becomes president? Need to find my sweet spot here...
Let me know when you find out from the Bernster.
Let me know when you find out from the Bernster.
I'll shoot him a text
-
Somebody who gets an MBA and can't pay off his student loan is probably not using the degree all that wisely. But I get it everybody wants something for nothing.
WSS
There's some expensive ass programs out there. Michigan included
There's some expensive ass programs out there. Michigan included
I have no doubt that's true. But 1 would think there are some expectations that come along with that price tag.
WSS
-
There's some expensive ass programs out there. Michigan included
I have no doubt that's true. But 1 would think there are some expectations that come along with that price tag.
WSS
I have no doubt that's true. But 1 would think there are some expectations that come along with that price tag.
WSS
At least under Trump those graduating today have a good job market with rising wages to look forward to.
-
I have no doubt that's true. But 1 would think there are some expectations that come along with that price tag.
WSS
At least under Trump those graduating today have a good job market with rising wages to look forward to.
At least under Trump those graduating today have a good job market with rising wages to look forward to.
Wages are increasing but when compared to inflation (3.2% increase in wages, 1.9% inflation) it ends up being a pretty minimal bump.
-
I have no doubt that's true. But 1 would think there are some expectations that come along with that price tag.
WSS
At least under Trump those graduating today have a good job market with rising wages to look forward to.
At least under Trump those graduating today have a good job market with rising wages to look forward to.
I don't think there's been a major change in the last two years. Degrees in demand are still in demand. Exploding student loan debt is still an issue.
-
There's some expensive ass programs out there. Michigan included
I have no doubt that's true. But 1 would think there are some expectations that come along with that price tag.
WSS
I have no doubt that's true. But 1 would think there are some expectations that come along with that price tag.
WSS
Yeah those are the top programs with the best networking, professors, etc.
But we're talking $140k plus for Chicago, Michigan, Etc.
I'd love to... But fuck that's a lot of debt.
-
I have no doubt that's true. But 1 would think there are some expectations that come along with that price tag.
WSS
Yeah those are the top programs with the best networking, professors, etc.
But we're talking $140k plus for Chicago, Michigan, Etc.
I'd love to... But fuck that's a lot of debt.
Yeah those are the top programs with the best networking, professors, etc.
But we're talking $140k plus for Chicago, Michigan, Etc.
I'd love to... But fuck that's a lot of debt.
I would assume that a student with one of those top degrees should expect a pretty lucrative career. If that's not the case then it's probably not worth the expense.
WSS
-
At least under Trump those graduating today have a good job market with rising wages to look forward to.
Wages are increasing but when compared to inflation (3.2% increase in wages, 1.9% inflation) it ends up being a pretty minimal bump.
Wages are increasing but when compared to inflation (3.2% increase in wages, 1.9% inflation) it ends up being a pretty minimal bump.
picky picky picky
-
At least under Trump those graduating today have a good job market with rising wages to look forward to.
I don't think there's been a major change in the last two years. Degrees in demand are still in demand. Exploding student loan debt is still an issue.
I don't think there's been a major change in the last two years. Degrees in demand are still in demand. Exploding student loan debt is still an issue.
I remember you complaining recently about the trouble you had with hiring. That is because this economy favors workers and they can be more selective about where they want to go instead of having to take the first available job because jobs are in such short supply.
-
Yeah those are the top programs with the best networking, professors, etc.
But we're talking $140k plus for Chicago, Michigan, Etc.
I'd love to... But fuck that's a lot of debt.
I would assume that a student with one of those top degrees should expect a pretty lucrative career. If that's not the case then it's probably not worth the expense.
WSS
I would assume put a student with one of those top degrees should expect a pretty lucrative career. If that's not the case then it's probably not worth the expense.
WSS
Well I'm not exactly looking for a swing into those fancy, high paying, lucrative business careers (I don't think). Sure I'll bet on me... But it's still a lot.
I could alternatively go to BW for $30k-ish, get the degree, check the box and learn something too. Just won't be as prestigious and stuff
There's a debate about how much it really matters. Compelling arguments on both sides.
-
I don't think there's been a major change in the last two years. Degrees in demand are still in demand. Exploding student loan debt is still an issue.
I remember you complaining recently about the trouble you had with hiring. That is because this economy favors workers and they can be more selective about where they want to go instead of having to take the first available job because jobs are in such short supply.
I remember you complaining recently about the trouble you had with hiring. That is because this economy favors workers and they can be more selective about where they want to go instead of having to take the first available job because jobs are in such short supply.
Hiring production workers. Machinists. Operators. Etc
I haven't had any issues with engineers.
My comment was more directed at degrees professionals
-
I would assume put a student with one of those top degrees should expect a pretty lucrative career. If that's not the case then it's probably not worth the expense.
WSS
Well I'm not exactly looking for a swing into those fancy, high paying, lucrative business careers (I don't think). Sure I'll bet on me... But it's still a lot.
I could alternatively go to BW for $30k-ish, get the degree, check the box and learn something too. Just won't be as prestigious and stuff
There's a debate about how much it really matters. Compelling arguments on both sides.
Well I'm not exactly looking for a swing into those fancy, high paying, lucrative business careers (I don't think). Sure I'll bet on me... But it's still a lot.
I could alternatively go to BW for $30k-ish, get the degree, check the box and learn something too. Just won't be as prestigious and stuff
There's a debate about how much it really matters. Compelling arguments on both sides.
And one question should be if it's not for Success then how much should Joe Blow the taxpayer pay for Prestige?
And I guess I kind of understand the networking thing oh, somebody that has a theater degree from NYU is probably rubbing elbows with people who will be successful, as opposed to the University of Akron. Not that the guy from NYU is any more talented but when your classmates turn out to be Stars...
WSS
-
I remember you complaining recently about the trouble you had with hiring. That is because this economy favors workers and they can be more selective about where they want to go instead of having to take the first available job because jobs are in such short supply.
Hiring production workers. Machinists. Operators. Etc
I haven't had any issues with engineers.
My comment was more directed at degrees professionals
Hiring production workers. Machinists. Operators. Etc
I haven't had any issues with engineers.
My comment was more directed at degrees professionals
This economy is good for all workers though. This type of economy is better for workers than any union. I am not anti union but not for them either. My attitude is any employer who has a union probably deserves one.
-
Well I'm not exactly looking for a swing into those fancy, high paying, lucrative business careers (I don't think). Sure I'll bet on me... But it's still a lot.
I could alternatively go to BW for $30k-ish, get the degree, check the box and learn something too. Just won't be as prestigious and stuff
There's a debate about how much it really matters. Compelling arguments on both sides.
And one question should be if it's not for Success then how much should Joe Blow the taxpayer pay for Prestige?
And I guess I kind of understand the networking thing oh, somebody that has a theater degree from NYU is probably rubbing elbows with people who will be successful, as opposed to the University of Akron. Not that the guy from NYU is any more talented but when your classmates turn out to be Stars...
WSS
And one question should be if it's not for Success then how much should Joe Blow the taxpayer pay for Prestige?
And I guess I kind of understand the networking thing oh, somebody that has a theater degree from NYU is probably rubbing elbows with people who will be successful, as opposed to the University of Akron. Not that the guy from NYU is any more talented but when your classmates turn out to be Stars...
WSS
I'm also 90% joking in this thread. The vast majority of graduate level degrees shouldn't really get any taxpayer support. The issue is with undergrad degrees, which are pretty much necessary. Now these graduate degrees still have the problem of a rapid increase in tuition, but they're much more optional.
-
Hiring production workers. Machinists. Operators. Etc
I haven't had any issues with engineers.
My comment was more directed at degrees professionals
This economy is good for all workers though. This type of economy is better for workers than any union. I am not anti union but not for them either. My attitude is any employer who has a union probably deserves one.
This economy is good for all workers though. This type of economy is better for workers than any union. I am not anti union but not for them either. My attitude is any employer who has a union probably deserves one.
I'm telling you there hasn't really been any major change in degreed professional level hiring, at least within what I know (engineering) since Trump took over. Again, at least based on everything I'm seeing.
-
Wages are increasing but when compared to inflation (3.2% increase in wages, 1.9% inflation) it ends up being a pretty minimal bump.
picky picky picky
-
If Comrade Bernie ever gets elected...I need to have a talk with him about the mortgages I've been paying.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login