MBA Debt
-
I don't think there's been a major change in the last two years. Degrees in demand are still in demand. Exploding student loan debt is still an issue.
I remember you complaining recently about the trouble you had with hiring. That is because this economy favors workers and they can be more selective about where they want to go instead of having to take the first available job because jobs are in such short supply.
I remember you complaining recently about the trouble you had with hiring. That is because this economy favors workers and they can be more selective about where they want to go instead of having to take the first available job because jobs are in such short supply.
Hiring production workers. Machinists. Operators. Etc
I haven't had any issues with engineers.
My comment was more directed at degrees professionals
-
I would assume put a student with one of those top degrees should expect a pretty lucrative career. If that's not the case then it's probably not worth the expense.
WSS
Well I'm not exactly looking for a swing into those fancy, high paying, lucrative business careers (I don't think). Sure I'll bet on me... But it's still a lot.
I could alternatively go to BW for $30k-ish, get the degree, check the box and learn something too. Just won't be as prestigious and stuff
There's a debate about how much it really matters. Compelling arguments on both sides.
Well I'm not exactly looking for a swing into those fancy, high paying, lucrative business careers (I don't think). Sure I'll bet on me... But it's still a lot.
I could alternatively go to BW for $30k-ish, get the degree, check the box and learn something too. Just won't be as prestigious and stuff
There's a debate about how much it really matters. Compelling arguments on both sides.
And one question should be if it's not for Success then how much should Joe Blow the taxpayer pay for Prestige?
And I guess I kind of understand the networking thing oh, somebody that has a theater degree from NYU is probably rubbing elbows with people who will be successful, as opposed to the University of Akron. Not that the guy from NYU is any more talented but when your classmates turn out to be Stars...
WSS
-
I remember you complaining recently about the trouble you had with hiring. That is because this economy favors workers and they can be more selective about where they want to go instead of having to take the first available job because jobs are in such short supply.
Hiring production workers. Machinists. Operators. Etc
I haven't had any issues with engineers.
My comment was more directed at degrees professionals
Hiring production workers. Machinists. Operators. Etc
I haven't had any issues with engineers.
My comment was more directed at degrees professionals
This economy is good for all workers though. This type of economy is better for workers than any union. I am not anti union but not for them either. My attitude is any employer who has a union probably deserves one.
-
Well I'm not exactly looking for a swing into those fancy, high paying, lucrative business careers (I don't think). Sure I'll bet on me... But it's still a lot.
I could alternatively go to BW for $30k-ish, get the degree, check the box and learn something too. Just won't be as prestigious and stuff
There's a debate about how much it really matters. Compelling arguments on both sides.
And one question should be if it's not for Success then how much should Joe Blow the taxpayer pay for Prestige?
And I guess I kind of understand the networking thing oh, somebody that has a theater degree from NYU is probably rubbing elbows with people who will be successful, as opposed to the University of Akron. Not that the guy from NYU is any more talented but when your classmates turn out to be Stars...
WSS
And one question should be if it's not for Success then how much should Joe Blow the taxpayer pay for Prestige?
And I guess I kind of understand the networking thing oh, somebody that has a theater degree from NYU is probably rubbing elbows with people who will be successful, as opposed to the University of Akron. Not that the guy from NYU is any more talented but when your classmates turn out to be Stars...
WSS
I'm also 90% joking in this thread. The vast majority of graduate level degrees shouldn't really get any taxpayer support. The issue is with undergrad degrees, which are pretty much necessary. Now these graduate degrees still have the problem of a rapid increase in tuition, but they're much more optional.
-
Hiring production workers. Machinists. Operators. Etc
I haven't had any issues with engineers.
My comment was more directed at degrees professionals
This economy is good for all workers though. This type of economy is better for workers than any union. I am not anti union but not for them either. My attitude is any employer who has a union probably deserves one.
This economy is good for all workers though. This type of economy is better for workers than any union. I am not anti union but not for them either. My attitude is any employer who has a union probably deserves one.
I'm telling you there hasn't really been any major change in degreed professional level hiring, at least within what I know (engineering) since Trump took over. Again, at least based on everything I'm seeing.
-
Wages are increasing but when compared to inflation (3.2% increase in wages, 1.9% inflation) it ends up being a pretty minimal bump.
picky picky picky
-
If Comrade Bernie ever gets elected...I need to have a talk with him about the mortgages I've been paying.
-
If Comrade Bernie ever gets elected...I need to have a talk with him about the mortgages I've been paying.
If Comrade Bernie ever gets elected...I need to have a talk with him about the mortgages I've been paying.
After we address taking over the social media, we will work on these mortgages, comrade.
-
I just like my numbers to be honest. That is why a lot of people put fingers in their ears about national debt.
I think the people with fingers in their ears (and asses) reside on Capital Hill.
-
I'm sure those who already paid off their student loans will get compensated as well...
-
I'm sure those who already paid off their student loans will get compensated as well...
I'm sure those who already paid off their student loans will get compensated as well...
Reparations FOR ALL!!!!
-
I'm sure those who already paid off their student loans will get compensated as well...
I'm sure those who already paid off their student loans will get compensated as well...
Oh that would be fantastic.
-
I have no doubt that's true. But 1 would think there are some expectations that come along with that price tag.
WSS
Yeah those are the top programs with the best networking, professors, etc.
But we're talking $140k plus for Chicago, Michigan, Etc.
I'd love to... But fuck that's a lot of debt.
Yeah those are the top programs with the best networking, professors, etc.
But we're talking $140k plus for Chicago, Michigan, Etc.
I'd love to... But fuck that's a lot of debt.
My Bachelor's degree in Biology ended up just a shade under $70k. Miami University definitely isn't among the cheapest unis to go to.
-
I'm sure those who already paid off their student loans will get compensated as well...
Oh that would be fantastic.
Oh that would be fantastic.
-
Oh that would be fantastic.
I've always found it amusing how baby boomers get into such an uproar over the national debt when they're the generation who took the proverbial credit card of national wealth given to them by the preceding generation and proceeded to be the ones that maxed it out to begin with.
And the best part is, most boomers are on the back 9 of life anyway, so they'll more than likely never be affected by having to be the ones to pay the debt off.
-
Oh that would be fantastic.
Better not increase taxes at all on the super wealthy though.
Or try to close their tax loopholes
-
I've always found it amusing how baby boomers get into such an uproar over the national debt when they're the generation who took the proverbial credit card of national wealth given to them by the preceding generation and proceeded to be the ones that maxed it out to begin with.
And the best part is, most boomers are on the back 9 of life anyway, so they'll more than likely never be affected by having to be the ones to pay the debt off.
I've always found it amusing how baby boomers get into such an uproar over the national debt when they're the generation who took the proverbial credit card of national wealth given to them by the preceding generation and proceeded to be the ones that maxed it out to begin with.
And the best part is, most boomers are on the back 9 of life anyway, so they'll more than likely never be affected by having to be the ones to pay the debt off.
Point the finger where it belongs at Washington DC..there have been a lot of boomers who never signed on to overspending by our government and have said we are saddling the next generation with this debt.
-
Better not increase taxes at all on the super wealthy though.
Or try to close their tax loopholes
Better not increase taxes at all on the super wealthy though.
Or try to close their tax loopholes
Socialism and playing class warfare are not the answer. Instead of envying the wealthy and wanting to see them punished for being successful I want to see more people getting wealthy. We all benefit from it. If they weren't paying their fair share I would feel different but in most cases they are.
Remember this too that businesses do not pay taxes anyway. Whatever increase in taxes are put on them will just get passed on to consumers.
-
Better not increase taxes at all on the super wealthy though.
Or try to close their tax loopholes
Socialism and playing class warfare are not the answer. Instead of envying the wealthy and wanting to see them punished for being successful I want to see more people getting wealthy. We all benefit from it. If they weren't paying their fair share I would feel different but in most cases they are.
Remember this too that businesses do not pay taxes anyway. Whatever increase in taxes are put on them will just get passed on to consumers.
Socialism and playing class warfare are not the answer. Instead of envying the wealthy and wanting to see them punished for being successful I want to see more people getting wealthy. We all benefit from it. If they weren't paying their fair share I would feel different but in most cases they are.
Slightly increasing taxes on the super wealthy isn't going to be the one thing that starts "class warfare". That already exists through the massive income disparities in this country. A slightly higher tax isn't punishment.
-
Socialism and playing class warfare are not the answer. Instead of envying the wealthy and wanting to see them punished for being successful I want to see more people getting wealthy. We all benefit from it. If they weren't paying their fair share I would feel different but in most cases they are.
Slightly increasing taxes on the super wealthy isn't going to be the one thing that starts "class warfare". That already exists through the massive income disparities in this country. A slightly higher tax isn't punishment.
Slightly increasing taxes on the super wealthy isn't going to be the one thing that starts "class warfare". That already exists through the massive income disparities in this country. A slightly higher tax isn't punishment.
Just wait until one of your Socialists take the White House with a Dem Congress.
The National Debt will swell faster than Rosie O'Donell's thighs.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
