Front 7 didnt really show much yesterday...
-
I'm hardly a football expert...but this reads like a casual fan that just watched his first game.
I'm hardly a football expert...but this reads like a casual fan that just watched his first game.
no i explained i wasnt expecting full fire out on every play. But look myles and chris smith against the skins looked pretty fluid especially for preseason game 1. They werent playing 100% but u could still see them working their craft. On saturday cernon looked like he justcwanted to lock up with the tackle a bit then go have a beer. And Avery. who got quite a few reps....nrver flashed in pass rush against 2nd and 3rd team OL.
none of u would have been happy with baker coming out and doing nothing but hsndoffs and rb screens for 2 possessions. I just wsnted to see where our d lines pass rush was at when they put it in launch control.
-
Now is not the time to show much of anything, anyhow..If your after a 2 preseason game worry? #1..this OL can't run block. It's all been on running backs individual vision talent & effort.. #2..We just let 3 QB's at Colts go 30 of 44 with all 3 Qb's combined with a 104.7 QB rating. I was hoping our coverage depth was far better than Saturdays game..#3.Placekicker
-
Now is not the time to show much of anything, anyhow..If your after a 2 preseason game worry? #1..this OL can't run block. It's all been on running backs individual vision talent & effort.. #2..We just let 3 QB's at Colts go 30 of 44 with all 3 Qb's combined with a 104.7 QB rating. I was hoping our coverage depth was far better than Saturdays game..#3.Placekicker
Now is not the time to show much of anything, anyhow..If your after a 2 preseason game worry? #1..this OL can't run block. It's all been on running backs individual vision talent & effort.. #2..We just let 3 QB's at Colts go 30 of 44 with all 3 Qb's combined with a 104.7 QB rating. I was hoping our coverage depth was far better than Saturdays game..#3.Placekicker
I won't worry about #2 yet unless they play that way with Garrett in the game (and he was not in game 2).
-
Yeah, I wasn't overly blown away, mostly because Brissett looked like the second coming of Brett Favre, but our podcast analysts actually said our starting DL was dominant, and that's without Myles. I'm definitely not worried, but I am getting impatient. It just feels like more and more that the preseason is an excuse for players to get injured. We literally aren't playing our starters, and when we do, I'm holding my breath.
Nothing matters more than game 1. Everyone here knows our record of season openers, and we MUST have a victory week 1.
-
I’m of the opinion the Colts OL was a notch above what we saw in Washington. Even their back ups were decent.
-
Avery looks much quicker. Shows on the tackle on the screen pass right before half.
He was pass rushing, diagnosed the screen, and made it outside in time to trip up the receiver.
-
i understand vernon prob had standing orders not to fire out too hard...but jobi launched through a couple times. And that rookie lb'er again how the fuck did he fall that far? man thst kid is lightin it. I was just expecting certain players like avery, who very well may be fighting for a job...to.show something yesrerday.
Avery has zero to do with the lb'ers in wilks scheme...so he has to make the team as a DE. Theres alot of traffic at DE guys. Zettel, who i dont really care for but is gettin lots of reps, love me some big bear he's in, Chad Thomas.....i mean, avery needs to flash next game or ge might be playing alot in game 4 and we know what thst means.
Acery was highly thought of by GW but who knows with wilks. Wilks may not see much need for Avery as he doesnt use as many 3 DL sets as GW did.
-
Avery looks much quicker. Shows on the tackle on the screen pass right before half.
He was pass rushing, diagnosed the screen, and made it outside in time to trip up the receiver.
Avery looks much quicker. Shows on the tackle on the screen pass right before half.
He was pass rushing, diagnosed the screen, and made it outside in time to trip up the receiver.
he's a ridiculous athlete no question. He just may not work so well in our scheme.
-
In my old age i have come to the conclusion that exhibition football doesn't mean shit.
-
it's preseason. teams don't show the really cool stuff they can do. It is all basic stuff that doesn't tip off any
regular season opposition. In fact, this is the first exhibition season that I can watch the entire games with a lot of interest, with the depth the Browns now have.
Regular season will get here soon enough.
-
scheme wise teams arent showing shit, that goes without saying. Ofc wolks isnt showing complex rush and blitz schemes. Im just talking about a clean rip around the edge ffs. Avery was just getting pushed way wide, wasnt leaning into his edge rush.
-
scheme wise teams arent showing shit, that goes without saying. Ofc wolks isnt showing complex rush and blitz schemes. Im just talking about a clean rip around the edge ffs. Avery was just getting pushed way wide, wasnt leaning into his edge rush.
scheme wise teams arent showing shit, that goes without saying. Ofc wolks isnt showing complex rush and blitz schemes. Im just talking about a clean rip around the edge ffs. Avery was just getting pushed way wide, wasnt leaning into his edge rush.
Maybe the pass rushers are being vanilla too and not trying to show off their flashy/new moves
-
scheme wise teams arent showing shit, that goes without saying. Ofc wolks isnt showing complex rush and blitz schemes. Im just talking about a clean rip around the edge ffs. Avery was just getting pushed way wide, wasnt leaning into his edge rush.
Im just talking about a clean rip around the edge ffs. Avery was just getting pushed way wide, wasnt leaning into his edge rush.
Go to Colts gameday thread..Look at Chad Kelley video at 2:13 with 4.5 minutes left in game..I'd say Wyatt Ray made up for his dumb mistake
-
In my old age i have come to the conclusion that exhibition football doesn't mean shit.
They should do likethey did in the old days...play these games in different venues....like the Akron Rubber Bowl. Now put a game at Infocision stadium.
AND/OR...a better idea: bring back the old double headers. Remember them? The Browns would play someone, then 2 other teams would play.
If you don't want to hold that in the Browns stadium....have it at like Ohio Stadium... in Mid August where the Browns play an opponent and then the Bengals play someone. That would be cool, sort of.
-
I think they should go to 18 games with no preseason games. Be allowed to take 61 players into the season dropping 8 over a 4 game span (2 drops after each game).
-
I think they should go to 18 games with no preseason games. Be allowed to take 61 players into the season dropping 8 over a 4 game span (2 drops after each game).
I think they should go to 18 games with no preseason games. Be allowed to take 61 players into the season dropping 8 over a 4 game span (2 drops after each game).
And NO "inactives". If they are on the active roster, let them suit up and play.
-
I can't stress enough how much I hate the idea of a 18 game regular season.
I don't care if the rosters have a small village per team... I want the best players to have the best chance of being around at the end of the season, and prolonging the regular season won't do it. Quality over quantity.
-
I can't stress enough how much I hate the idea of a 18 game regular season.
I don't care if the rosters have a small village per team... I want the best players to have the best chance of being around at the end of the season, and prolonging the regular season won't do it. Quality over quantity.
I can't stress enough how much I hate the idea of a 18 game regular season.
But...do we hate 4 preseason games worse? On another thread earlier, there was discussion about a 17 game season...and how that could work. Resucitate that is you will.
I don't care if the rosters have a small village per team... I want the best players to have the best chance of being around at the end of the season, and prolonging the regular season won't do it. No...for sure.....getting rid of the inactives would help imo.
Quality over quantity.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login