Baker attacks Cleveland media, walks out
-
Credentials on what? Coaching? No, I had other things to do.
Nevertheless Your credential prove that you have two lips a tongue and teeth, so that you can talk. Otherwise you have proven you are an out of touch old geezer. (So am I...so what?)
I don't think for a minute that I don't think that the Gipper isn't a good lawyer in fact I think he could get under anyone's skin if he needed to do that too.
But watch this age stuff I am a little over a year older than the Gip......so watch it there you young so-in-so we could whip you in an IQ test!

Some of us oldies can surprise you! And bore you to death doing it so watch out.
I don't think for a minute that I don't think that the Gipper isn't a good lawyer in fact I think he could get under anyone's skin if he needed to do that too.
But watch this age stuff I am a little over a year older than the Gip......so watch it there you young so-in-so we could whip you in an IQ test!

Some of us oldies can surprise you! And bore you to death doing it so watch out.
I'm sure you guys have lots of life in you. I am 54 yrs old so I am not a spring chicken.
-
from once being in a locker room.. I prefer taking a full look at the tone of this presser before Grossi speaks
With it being Wednesday, you'd expect questions towards the Denver game. And at the start ,there were & Baker responded fine to even Patriots questions.. I get Tony is a hometown native & all Cleveland all the time. Has a radio show on the flagship station. Sports Time Ohio TV show..But he's no longer with the Cleveland Plain Dealer..Tony writes for ESPN* Cleveland.. again, watch the 7 minute tone of the presser..Than at 7:20:: it is truly a dumb ass question from Grossi.. sure, bakes frustrated and Grossi got enough to print his side of the story
Good find Gumby. Is it me or does it sound like a party is going on at the other end of the interview room? I recall Baker having to ask a reporter to repeat or clarify a question a couple times. Seemed like an odd atmosphere for an interview.
Good find Gumby. Is it me or does it sound like a party is going on at the other end of the interview room? I recall Baker having to ask a reporter to repeat or clarify a question a couple times. Seemed like an odd atmosphere for an interview.
They are doing the interview basically in the middle of the locker room. They hang a Browns blanket or something over a shower curtain rod and start asking questions. LOL - I think.
-
Good find Gumby. Is it me or does it sound like a party is going on at the other end of the interview room? I recall Baker having to ask a reporter to repeat or clarify a question a couple times. Seemed like an odd atmosphere for an interview.
They are doing the interview basically in the middle of the locker room. They hang a Browns blanket or something over a shower curtain rod and start asking questions. LOL - I think.
They are doing the interview basically in the middle of the locker room. They hang a Browns blanket or something over a shower curtain rod and start asking questions. LOL - I think.
Ah, could be right. Still seems like a frustrating atmosphere in which to be on an interview stand, but l guess these guys are used to it?
-
THERE IS NO LEADERSHIP IN BEREA
this is a reflection on the entire team. When your HC is a Weak whiny bitch, the team also is
THERE IS NO LEADERSHIP IN BEREA
this is a reflection on the entire team. When your HC is a Weak whiny bitch, the team also is
Hate to tell you Vince Lombardi is dead. And we don't know what goes on in team meetings...
I don't know if I'd go that far, but cracks are showing in Freddie. When he came on the scene, it felt like he was giddy with his celebrity status and thought he had the world by the short curlies. If you noticed, he dropped his whole "good ole southern boy" schtick. It's no longer cute or funny. And Baker should think twice about attacking local media, they are the closest thing to his only friends left.
Grossi and Mary Kay Rabbit are not his friends.
Toads are cool.
Yes they are...
Look at his numbers. Look at the wins. He needs to win then he is eccentric. Until then he is just a panic filled douche. Winners don't act like that. You are so used to losing , you don't know the difference. His team sees him coming unhinged. He has thrown twice as many pics as TDs and only won 2 games this year. What the hell has he done to be so arrogant. Oh that's right. It is panic, fear, not arrogance.
Winning cures a lot of "attitude" problems. Some of the biggest jerks in the history of the NFL got away with it because they played on winning teams.
Yeah, it takes discipline. Lot's of asses in the media.
I'll give you some history Coach. Grossi got fired from the Cleveland Plain Dealer for being a jerk. Hooked up with ESPN. Care to believe he's not POed for getting shit-canned by the local paper? Guess again. He has no sources anymore from inside with the team- but he does have a press pass. Him and Mary Kay Cabot are just looking for openings to pile on. They're experts on feeding crap to the local dim-bulbs who want Freddie fired and Baker replaced.
You want anything 1\2 objective? Read Terry Pluto or Dan Labbe.
-
THERE IS NO LEADERSHIP IN BEREA
this is a reflection on the entire team. When your HC is a Weak whiny bitch, the team also is
Hate to tell you Vince Lombardi is dead. And we don't know what goes on in team meetings...
I don't know if I'd go that far, but cracks are showing in Freddie. When he came on the scene, it felt like he was giddy with his celebrity status and thought he had the world by the short curlies. If you noticed, he dropped his whole "good ole southern boy" schtick. It's no longer cute or funny. And Baker should think twice about attacking local media, they are the closest thing to his only friends left.
Grossi and Mary Kay Rabbit are not his friends.
Toads are cool.
Yes they are...
Look at his numbers. Look at the wins. He needs to win then he is eccentric. Until then he is just a panic filled douche. Winners don't act like that. You are so used to losing , you don't know the difference. His team sees him coming unhinged. He has thrown twice as many pics as TDs and only won 2 games this year. What the hell has he done to be so arrogant. Oh that's right. It is panic, fear, not arrogance.
Winning cures a lot of "attitude" problems. Some of the biggest jerks in the history of the NFL got away with it because they played on winning teams.
Yeah, it takes discipline. Lot's of asses in the media.
I'll give you some history Coach. Grossi got fired from the Cleveland Plain Dealer for being a jerk. Hooked up with ESPN. Care to believe he's not POed for getting shit-canned by the local paper? Guess again. He has no sources anymore from inside with the team- but he does have a press pass. Him and Mary Kay Cabot are just looking for openings to pile on. They're experts on feeding crap to the local dim-bulbs who want Freddie fired and Baker replaced.
You want anything 1\2 objective? Read Terry Pluto or Dan Labbe.
Hate to tell you Vince Lombardi is dead. And we don't know what goes on in team meetings...
Grossi and Mary Kay Rabbit are not his friends.
Yes they are...
Winning cures a lot of "attitude" problems. Some of the biggest jerks in the history of the NFL got away with it because they played on winning teams.
I'll give you some history Coach. Grossi got fired from the Cleveland Plain Dealer for being a jerk. Hooked up with ESPN. Care to believe he's not POed for getting shit-canned by the local paper? Guess again. He has no sources anymore from inside with the team- but he does have a press pass. Him and Mary Kay Cabot are just looking for openings to pile on. They're experts on feeding crap to the local dim-bulbs who want Freddie fired and Baker replaced.
You want anything 1\2 objective? Read Terry Pluto or Dan Labbe.
I appreciate the context. The media is full of jerks. He sounds like a D bag. My earlier point is you can get away with being moody and pissy when you are winning. When you are losing it makes your team and support system lose confidence in you. It looks like panic. It often is. Ryan Leaf talks about this in a pretty honest way. Mayfield is a good kid that is probably a little scared. He just needs to reel it in a little.
This is my opinion and I have never met him so I could be totally misreading the situation.
-
I'm not going to quote anyone or mention anything about the use of Spanish in this thread (I'm still shivering), so here's my opinion:
Baker needs to speak on the field, not outside the field. What we see from him is twitter battles, media fights and a shitload of commercials. Then comes the game and he plays like a rookie, worse than he did when he actually was one.
The question is stupid, but he should have said "no comment" and should have swallowed his pride.
It's hard for us fans to defend someone who is so outspoken and then doesn't perform where it really matters. Even if he played well against New England, he made an awful shovel pass to a defender.
Keep quiet and let your work and game do the talking.
-
Ok. I have coached arhletes for 30 years. This is Ryan Leaf, Jeff George behaviour. I gaurantee you his team is wondering and worried about him. You are way out on a limb. You honestly believe this is productive behaviour? That is a ridiculous position. Find me a winning coach that agrees that this is good behaviour for him and his team right now. The rats are ready to leave the ship. He needs to be calm and confident. He acts and is playing in panic mode.
Ok. I have coached arhletes for 30 years. This is Ryan Leaf, Jeff George behaviour. I gaurantee you his team is wondering and worried about him. You are way out on a limb. You honestly believe this is productive behaviour? That is a ridiculous position. Find me a winning coach that agrees that this is good behaviour for him and his team right now. The rats are ready to leave the ship. He needs to be calm and confident. He acts and is playing in panic mode.
Tom Brady has stormed off from a podium before (he has done it multiple times and as recently as this year) . So has Aaron Rodgers. So has a myriad of other quarterbacks. So have a ton of coaches including bellicheck (pretty winning coach). Baker didn't cuss him out or threaten to fight him. It's not Ryan leaf. Quit overreacting
-
Ok. I have coached arhletes for 30 years. This is Ryan Leaf, Jeff George behaviour. I gaurantee you his team is wondering and worried about him. You are way out on a limb. You honestly believe this is productive behaviour? That is a ridiculous position. Find me a winning coach that agrees that this is good behaviour for him and his team right now. The rats are ready to leave the ship. He needs to be calm and confident. He acts and is playing in panic mode.
Tom Brady has stormed off from a podium before (he has done it multiple times and as recently as this year) . So has Aaron Rodgers. So has a myriad of other quarterbacks. So have a ton of coaches including bellicheck (pretty winning coach). Baker didn't cuss him out or threaten to fight him. It's not Ryan leaf. Quit overreacting
Tom Brady has stormed off from a podium before (he has done it multiple times and as recently as this year) . So has Aaron Rodgers. So has a myriad of other quarterbacks. So have a ton of coaches including bellicheck (pretty winning coach). Baker didn't cuss him out or threaten to fight him. It's not Ryan leaf. Quit overreacting
Not at the beginning of their careers. When you are losing it looks like panic. If he starts to really win, he can act up. Until then he needs to really be careful. You have seen this before.
-
Grossi is paid by espn to be controversial. He was and Baker walked. End of story
-
THERE IS NO LEADERSHIP IN BEREA
this is a reflection on the entire team. When your HC is a Weak whiny bitch, the team also is
Hate to tell you Vince Lombardi is dead. And we don't know what goes on in team meetings...
I don't know if I'd go that far, but cracks are showing in Freddie. When he came on the scene, it felt like he was giddy with his celebrity status and thought he had the world by the short curlies. If you noticed, he dropped his whole "good ole southern boy" schtick. It's no longer cute or funny. And Baker should think twice about attacking local media, they are the closest thing to his only friends left.
Grossi and Mary Kay Rabbit are not his friends.
Toads are cool.
Yes they are...
Look at his numbers. Look at the wins. He needs to win then he is eccentric. Until then he is just a panic filled douche. Winners don't act like that. You are so used to losing , you don't know the difference. His team sees him coming unhinged. He has thrown twice as many pics as TDs and only won 2 games this year. What the hell has he done to be so arrogant. Oh that's right. It is panic, fear, not arrogance.
Winning cures a lot of "attitude" problems. Some of the biggest jerks in the history of the NFL got away with it because they played on winning teams.
Yeah, it takes discipline. Lot's of asses in the media.
I'll give you some history Coach. Grossi got fired from the Cleveland Plain Dealer for being a jerk. Hooked up with ESPN. Care to believe he's not POed for getting shit-canned by the local paper? Guess again. He has no sources anymore from inside with the team- but he does have a press pass. Him and Mary Kay Cabot are just looking for openings to pile on. They're experts on feeding crap to the local dim-bulbs who want Freddie fired and Baker replaced.
You want anything 1\2 objective? Read Terry Pluto or Dan Labbe.
I'll give you some history Coach. Grossi got fired from the Cleveland Plain Dealer for being a jerk.
I'll expand on this Coach.
Grossi got fired from the Cleveland Plain Dealer for writing on his Twitter feed that ex-Browns owner Randy Lerner was an useless and inept owner.
He was absolutely right.
-
from once being in a locker room.. I prefer taking a full look at the tone of this presser before Grossi speaks
With it being Wednesday, you'd expect questions towards the Denver game. And at the start ,there were & Baker responded fine to even Patriots questions.. I get Tony is a hometown native & all Cleveland all the time. Has a radio show on the flagship station. Sports Time Ohio TV show..But he's no longer with the Cleveland Plain Dealer..Tony writes for ESPN* Cleveland.. again, watch the 7 minute tone of the presser..Than at 7:20:: it is truly a dumb ass question from Grossi.. sure, bakes frustrated and Grossi got enough to print his side of the story
Good find Gumby. Is it me or does it sound like a party is going on at the other end of the interview room? I recall Baker having to ask a reporter to repeat or clarify a question a couple times. Seemed like an odd atmosphere for an interview.
Is it me or does it sound like a party is going on at the other end of the interview room? I recall Baker having to ask a reporter to repeat or clarify a question a couple times. Seemed like an odd atmosphere for an interview.
go to same Baker video at 3:19 and tell me what Shelton Richardson is rap'in. it sounds like ."And now who's talking on the cell phone..talking to the cell phone Bot's" lol.
lots of action to bakes left. (practice for SB media day
) Yesterday Chubb/Bitonio/Baker all used the same media stand. but with that much background chatter, i'd guess to close to the lockers...
Freddie's yesterday, was the quiet clubhouse press room..(rotating ads back drop)
-
Grossi is paid by espn to be controversial. He was and Baker walked. End of story
Grossi is paid by espn to be controversial. He was and Baker walked. End of story
Sports writers ALL have deadlines many times they also have agendas to go by often from their employees.....the people who pay them. Not surprising huh?
And so it goes. GO BROWNS, and the next column is due.
-
Hate to tell you Vince Lombardi is dead. And we don't know what goes on in team meetings...
Grossi and Mary Kay Rabbit are not his friends.
Yes they are...
Winning cures a lot of "attitude" problems. Some of the biggest jerks in the history of the NFL got away with it because they played on winning teams.
I'll give you some history Coach. Grossi got fired from the Cleveland Plain Dealer for being a jerk. Hooked up with ESPN. Care to believe he's not POed for getting shit-canned by the local paper? Guess again. He has no sources anymore from inside with the team- but he does have a press pass. Him and Mary Kay Cabot are just looking for openings to pile on. They're experts on feeding crap to the local dim-bulbs who want Freddie fired and Baker replaced.
You want anything 1\2 objective? Read Terry Pluto or Dan Labbe.
I appreciate the context. The media is full of jerks. He sounds like a D bag. My earlier point is you can get away with being moody and pissy when you are winning. When you are losing it makes your team and support system lose confidence in you. It looks like panic. It often is. Ryan Leaf talks about this in a pretty honest way. Mayfield is a good kid that is probably a little scared. He just needs to reel it in a little.
This is my opinion and I have never met him so I could be totally misreading the situation.
I appreciate the context. The media is full of jerks. He sounds like a D bag. My earlier point is you can get away with being moody and pissy when you are winning. When you are losing it makes your team and support system lose confidence in you. It looks like panic. It often is. Ryan Leaf talks about this in a pretty honest way. Mayfield is a good kid that is probably a little scared. He just needs to reel it in a little.
This is my opinion and I have never met him so I could be totally misreading the situation.
Yes...it IS just your opinion and you certainly COULD be misreading the situation. Could Baker act more mature? Sure....he could just ignore the stupid questions. Will he do that someday? Probably, when he has been playing for longer than just a bit over a year. Would NO ONE care about any of this if they were winning? Damn straight. But, again, it is an ASSholeumption to think that because of this little tiff with a reporter that the team will lose confidence in him. He is in there battling with them practically 24/7. Will a big overreaction by media change their view of him? I believe not one whit.
(and remember...it is the media that is reporting and commenting on this. And the media protects their own)
-
I'm not going to quote anyone or mention anything about the use of Spanish in this thread (I'm still shivering), so here's my opinion:
Baker needs to speak on the field, not outside the field. What we see from him is twitter battles, media fights and a shitload of commercials. Then comes the game and he plays like a rookie, worse than he did when he actually was one.
The question is stupid, but he should have said "no comment" and should have swallowed his pride.
It's hard for us fans to defend someone who is so outspoken and then doesn't perform where it really matters. Even if he played well against New England, he made an awful shovel pass to a defender.
Keep quiet and let your work and game do the talking.
I'm not going to quote anyone or mention anything about the use of Spanish in this thread (I'm still shivering), so here's my opinion:
Baker needs to speak on the field, not outside the field. What we see from him is twitter battles, media fights and a shitload of commercials. Then comes the game and he plays like a rookie, worse than he did when he actually was one.
The question is stupid, but he should have said "no comment" and should have swallowed his pride.
It's hard for us fans to defend someone who is so outspoken and then doesn't perform where it really matters. Even if he played well against New England, he made an awful shovel pass to a defender.
Keep quiet and let your work and game do the talking.
We could say the same about any of us here commenting....shut up about this....do your jobs. He doesn't need to shut up any more than all of us need to shut up.
-
I'll give you some history Coach. Grossi got fired from the Cleveland Plain Dealer for being a jerk.
I'll expand on this Coach.
Grossi got fired from the Cleveland Plain Dealer for writing on his Twitter feed that ex-Browns owner Randy Lerner was an useless and inept owner.
He was absolutely right.
I'll expand on this Coach.
Grossi got fired from the Cleveland Plain Dealer for writing on his Twitter feed that ex-Browns owner Randy Lerner was an useless and inept owner.
He was absolutely right.
He was right. So, basically, he got shit for telling the truth. And now you all are giving Baker shit for telling the truth. Double standard.
-
from once being in a locker room.. I prefer taking a full look at the tone of this presser before Grossi speaks
With it being Wednesday, you'd expect questions towards the Denver game. And at the start ,there were & Baker responded fine to even Patriots questions.. I get Tony is a hometown native & all Cleveland all the time. Has a radio show on the flagship station. Sports Time Ohio TV show..But he's no longer with the Cleveland Plain Dealer..Tony writes for ESPN* Cleveland.. again, watch the 7 minute tone of the presser..Than at 7:20:: it is truly a dumb ass question from Grossi.. sure, bakes frustrated and Grossi got enough to print his side of the story
from once being in a locker room.. I prefer taking a full look at the tone of this presser before Grossi speaks
With it being Wednesday, you'd expect questions towards the Denver game. And at the start ,there were & Baker responded fine to even Patriots questions.. I get Tony is a hometown native & all Cleveland all the time. Has a radio show on the flagship station. Sports Time Ohio TV show..But he's no longer with the Cleveland Plain Dealer..Tony writes for ESPN* Cleveland.. again, watch the 7 minute tone of the presser..Than at 7:20:: it is truly a dumb ass question from Grossi.. sure, bakes frustrated and Grossi got enough to print his side of the story
Yup...
-
Grossi is a hack. Been that way for 10 years now.
-
I'll give you some history Coach. Grossi got fired from the Cleveland Plain Dealer for being a jerk.
I'll expand on this Coach.
Grossi got fired from the Cleveland Plain Dealer for writing on his Twitter feed that ex-Browns owner Randy Lerner was an useless and inept owner.
He was absolutely right.
I'll expand on this Coach.
Grossi got fired from the Cleveland Plain Dealer for writing on his Twitter feed that ex-Browns owner Randy Lerner was an useless and inept owner.
He was absolutely right.
I can tell you from experience, if you follow Grossi on Twitter and disagree with him one iota....the asshat will block you.
-
I'll expand on this Coach.
Grossi got fired from the Cleveland Plain Dealer for writing on his Twitter feed that ex-Browns owner Randy Lerner was an useless and inept owner.
He was absolutely right.
I can tell you from experience, if you follow Grossi on Twitter and disagree with him one iota....the asshat will block you.
I can tell you from experience, if you follow Grossi on Twitter and disagree with him one iota....the asshat will block you.
back in the day, the Akron Beacon had a negative nelli named Tom Melody, a real downer and critic of...everything Browns.
eventually, he ended up off sports. Really so much like Tony "the gross one" - his questions and takes are just worthless.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login