Browns Willing to Let Schobert Walk, Per Source
-
I was wondering when you’d quote me mentioning Sashi. You’re as boring as our offense this year.
Your love affair with him is worth admiring from afar.
Now you can scurry under the rock you've been hiding under all season.
Your love affair with him is worth admiring from afar.
Now you can scurry under the rock you've been hiding under all season.
Not been hiding I got bored of you replying to everything I said with the same nonsense about Sashi Brown. Glad to see you grew out of that.
-
Your love affair with him is worth admiring from afar.
Now you can scurry under the rock you've been hiding under all season.
Not been hiding I got bored of you replying to everything I said with the same nonsense about Sashi Brown. Glad to see you grew out of that.
Not been hiding I got bored of you replying to everything I said with the same nonsense about Sashi Brown. Glad to see you grew out of that.
Prepared to get bored out of your mind.
-
I remember partaking in the conversation quite a while back... Schob moving back to more of a WILL role with Mack in the middle makes a great deal of sense to me. Of course this would mostly be predicated on a new DC (Please, Christ) and a personnel/scheme review.
Kirksey is gone. What cash you save by cutting him can go towards Schob. I just hate carrying dead money.
-
Simple, Dorsey didn't draft him. He hates Sashi's players and prefers his "real" football players like Jermaine Whitehead. If Schobert walks they're going to create a hole in the LB corp, Wilson is nowhere close to the production of Schobert and TakiTaki is a special teams caliber player for the foreseeable future. So far Dorsey looks incapable of building a team but is fixated on bringing in his guys, creating a hole somewhere then uses picks and cap space to fix it. Good teams keep their talent, Schobert was a 4/5th round pick that's been developed into a probowler and we're going to let another team benefit from that?
Simple, Dorsey didn't draft him. He hates Sashi's players and prefers his "real" football players like Jermaine Whitehead. If Schobert walks they're going to create a hole in the LB corp, Wilson is nowhere close to the production of Schobert and TakiTaki is a special teams caliber player for the foreseeable future. So far Dorsey looks incapable of building a team but is fixated on bringing in his guys, creating a hole somewhere then uses picks and cap space to fix it. Good teams keep their talent, Schobert was a 4/5th round pick that's been developed into a probowler and we're going to let another team benefit from that?
Agree with everything you said.
-
I remember partaking in the conversation quite a while back... Schob moving back to more of a WILL role with Mack in the middle makes a great deal of sense to me. Of course this would mostly be predicated on a new DC (Please, Christ) and a personnel/scheme review.
Kirksey is gone. What cash you save by cutting him can go towards Schob. I just hate carrying dead money.
I remember partaking in the conversation quite a while back... Schob moving back to more of a WILL role with Mack in the middle makes a great deal of sense to me. Of course this would mostly be predicated on a new DC (Please, Christ) and a personnel/scheme review.
Kirksey is gone. What cash you save by cutting him can go towards Schob. I just hate carrying dead money.
Cutting Kirk before 6-1-20 carries a $3.6mm dead money, price tag (saving 16.8).
His play does not warrant that price, but he has been the leader of our D and I've seen no one step into the void he left.
-
I remember partaking in the conversation quite a while back... Schob moving back to more of a WILL role with Mack in the middle makes a great deal of sense to me. Of course this would mostly be predicated on a new DC (Please, Christ) and a personnel/scheme review.
Kirksey is gone. What cash you save by cutting him can go towards Schob. I just hate carrying dead money.
Cutting Kirk before 6-1-20 carries a $3.6mm dead money, price tag (saving 16.8).
His play does not warrant that price, but he has been the leader of our D and I've seen no one step into the void he left.
Cutting Kirk before 6-1-20 carries a $3.6mm dead money, price tag (saving 16.8).
His play does not warrant that price, but he has been the leader of our D and I've seen no one step into the void he left.
Best ability is availability, which ain't Kirk.
Schob is a bit more low-key, I give you that. But going off what the rest of the defense has said when asked, Joe has stepped up as the 'leader' on the field. At least, by our players admission.
-
-
I’m highly interested in steps forward for this team, so l am all for resigning Schobert. He’s basically the captain of the defense, or at least the coordinator’s on field assistant, so you take him away you gotta find someone new for that role. A rookie likely won’t cut it. Kirksey when healthy? Maybe. Mack? Eh.
I’d like us to maintain any positive momentum we have going into next year, and l think Schobert is part of that.
-
MLB bears as much responsibility as any Defender for stopping the run and more than most.
Our D ranks 27th vs. the run.
I like Joe, but he's not an impact MLB.... 4-3's need a thumper in the middle.
His ability to flow, his sure tackling and his coverage ability are better suited to 4-3 OLB... IMO... but even there, not at any price.
-
MLB bears as much responsibility as any Defender for stopping the run and more than most.
Our D ranks 27th vs. the run.
I like Joe, but he's not an impact MLB.... 4-3's need a thumper in the middle.
His ability to flow, his sure tackling and his coverage ability are better suited to 4-3 OLB... IMO... but even there, not at any price.
MLB bears as much responsibility as any Defender for stopping the run and more than most.
Our D ranks 27th vs. the run.
I like Joe, but he's not an impact MLB.... 4-3's need a thumper in the middle.
His ability to flow, his sure tackling and his coverage ability are better suited to 4-3 OLB... IMO... but even there, not at any price.
What does a 4-2-5 require? Since that is what we are running and since whatever it requires we do not seem to be able to provide.
-
Thinking out loud, wouldn't our long term need be more of a two OLB at about 235', no ILB type of thing? Due to the prevalence of 5-wides using rub routes over the middle to get open, wouldn't the "thumper" position be more of a one-down specialist, and LB's sought for coverage? So our ideal player type would be the as-yet-theoretical Consistent Mack Wilson?
This doesn't mean we wouldn't draft guys who play college ILB, just that they need OLB speed/quickness as well.
Conveniently, many of 2020's top LB are exactly this type. More than 2 of these should still be available for both of our 3rd round picks: Murray, Moses, Lewis, Grenard, Okwara, Jennings, Brooks
-
Thinking out loud, wouldn't our long term need be more of a two OLB at about 235', no ILB type of thing? Due to the prevalence of 5-wides using rub routes over the middle to get open, wouldn't the "thumper" position be more of a one-down specialist, and LB's sought for coverage? So our ideal player type would be the as-yet-theoretical Consistent Mack Wilson?
This doesn't mean we wouldn't draft guys who play college ILB, just that they need OLB speed/quickness as well.
Conveniently, many of 2020's top LB are exactly this type. More than 2 of these should still be available for both of our 3rd round picks: Murray, Moses, Lewis, Grenard, Okwara, Jennings, Brooks
Thinking out loud, wouldn't our long term need be more of a two OLB at about 235', no ILB type of thing? Due to the prevalence of 5-wides using rub routes over the middle to get open, wouldn't the "thumper" position be more of a one-down specialist, and LB's sought for coverage? So our ideal player type would be the as-yet-theoretical Consistent Mack Wilson?
This doesn't mean we wouldn't draft guys who play college ILB, just that they need OLB speed/quickness as well.
Conveniently, many of 2020's top LB are exactly this type. More than 2 of these should still be available for both of our 3rd round picks: Murray, Moses, Lewis, Grenard, Okwara, Jennings, Brooks
Good out loud stuff...
When I talk about a thumper I emphasize that trait because it's what I see us missing... but in reality I want the whole MLB package. Since those guys don't grow on trees tho, I'd sacrifice a little Pass D capability for the rest of the package of which speed and agility are key parts.
For me this is still a league where the first order of a D's business is stopping the run....and Ds are built front 2 back and inside out. That puts MLB right at the crossroads.
Who that is and did they play inside or outside in college? Dunno... early for me and TBH I focus more on the other side of the ball, but by the time The Combine rolls around I'll be more conversant.
-
You actually listed players at completely different positions then Troy and then bothered to compare about production and stats?!?!
You. Fucking. Dumb. Shit.
I take that back, you have high functioning autism because there is no other explanation for why anybody would attempt to even do that. This is like me saying "CLAY MATTHEWS SHOULDN"T GET INTO THE HOF BECAUSE JJ WATT WAS BETTER". Well herpy fucking derp there, Sheriff Woody. You can't even do an honest apples to apples comparison. Aren't you a mod or something associated with this site as well? Jesus H, as if this board needs more embarrassment. Because if Gorka gave you something to "think about" then I'm not about to drop my IQ to room temperature just to hang out with you mouth breathers at that level.
And there's always the "It won't change my mind". Point blank, you said it. So either you just have a whiny bitch like need for attention or you like talking out what you post in your own mind. Either way, you're reasoning skills hint that you're fucked in the head.
I'll take my highway exit here, champ. The void of the ignore list awaits.
-
You actually listed players at completely different positions then Troy and then bothered to compare about production and stats?!?!
You. Fucking. Dumb. Shit.
I take that back, you have high functioning autism because there is no other explanation for why anybody would attempt to even do that. This is like me saying "CLAY MATTHEWS SHOULDN"T GET INTO THE HOF BECAUSE JJ WATT WAS BETTER". Well herpy fucking derp there, Sheriff Woody. You can't even do an honest apples to apples comparison. Aren't you a mod or something associated with this site as well? Jesus H, as if this board needs more embarrassment. Because if Gorka gave you something to "think about" then I'm not about to drop my IQ to room temperature just to hang out with you mouth breathers at that level.
And there's always the "It won't change my mind". Point blank, you said it. So either you just have a whiny bitch like need for attention or you like talking out what you post in your own mind. Either way, you're reasoning skills hint that you're fucked in the head.
I'll take my highway exit here, champ. The void of the ignore list awaits.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login