Freddie fired
-
I am just wondering...... where does Ohio rank in education? You all seem pretty stupid. As a well educated Seahawk fan, I do find you all very amusing. I hope none of you are offended. I would even support tax credits or some kind of government assistance for all of you.
At what level? You have proven that you can apply kindergarten level insult tactics. And I doubt that your actual education is all that and a bag of chips. And at which level do you want this ranking? Grade school, high school, tech school, college, graduate level. And do rankings really matter?
And you would think then that a great education, say, like, a degree from the Wharton School of Business, would make someone come off as educated...but obviously that is not the case. On the other hand, no formal education does not necessarily prohibit someone from succcess. Abraham Lincoln had like a whole year of formal education.
But, if you insist on dick measuring contest, Right here in the quarter acre in which I sit, there will soon be 7 degrees among 4 people. 4 Bachelor degrees, a Masters, a JD, and soon a PhD.
At what level? You have proven that you can apply kindergarten level insult tactics. And I doubt that your actual education is all that and a bag of chips. And at which level do you want this ranking? Grade school, high school, tech school, college, graduate level. And do rankings really matter?
And you would think then that a great education, say, like, a degree from the Wharton School of Business, would make someone come off as educated...but obviously that is not the case. On the other hand, no formal education does not necessarily prohibit someone from succcess. Abraham Lincoln had like a whole year of formal education.
But, if you insist on dick measuring contest, Right here in the quarter acre in which I sit, there will soon be 7 degrees among 4 people. 4 Bachelor degrees, a Masters, a JD, and soon a PhD.
Huh?
-
Except, of course, arguably the two best coaches in history used to coach the Browns: Paul Brown and Bill Belichick.
Art Modell fucked it up with both of them.
If you want to use your kiddiegarter insults on Modell....by all means, go at it.
First of all, that is ancient history. No real coach wants to live in Cleveland.
First of all, that is ancient history. No real coach wants to live in Cleveland.
How are the Sonics doing bro?
Wouldn't it be cool if you could go to their forum?
-
First of all, that is ancient history. No real coach wants to live in Cleveland.
How are the Sonics doing bro?
Wouldn't it be cool if you could go to their forum?
How are the Sonics doing bro?
Wouldn't it be cool if you could go to their forum?
I hate the NBA almost as bad as Lebron hates Cleveland. Glad we are getting the NHL. NBA is a joke. That Tristian Thompson is a fine citizen though!
-
I don't know what firing him right now does. I do think he's got no chance at keeping a job, but I'll also say the players haven't helped him out. Freddie can't help Chubb protect the ball. Freddie can't block the DL that Baker threw the ball to. Freddie can't tell Higgins not to push off. Freddie can't throw it to OBJ. Freddie can't help Denzel Ward catch the easy interception in the end zone.
Don't get me wrong, I think he's in way over his head, but our players have been terrible. Our players simply REFUSE to make plays consistently.
I don't know what firing him right now does. I do think he's got no chance at keeping a job, but I'll also say the players haven't helped him out. Freddie can't help Chubb protect the ball. Freddie can't block the DL that Baker threw the ball to. Freddie can't tell Higgins not to push off. Freddie can't throw it to OBJ. Freddie can't help Denzel Ward catch the easy interception in the end zone.
Don't get me wrong, I think he's in way over his head, but our players have been terrible. Our players simply REFUSE to make plays consistently.
Maybe I should start a poll, are the Browns cursed, or what?
-
Absolutely comical reading this thread and seeing people out there who believe the Head Freaking Coach has no influence on ball handling, penalties, attention to detail, discipline. I can't believe what I'm freaking reading.
This is an absolute shit show that falls squarely onto the shoulders of the head coach. And it's not the play calling, I think the play calling has been generally fine this year, except for maybe being completely unprepared for San Francisco. The lack of attention to details and lack of discipline is stunning and the Head coach has MAJOR inlfuence of that. These are things that should have been ironed out in July and August while Freddie had them bashing each others heads into mush. We've done stuff for seven weeks that the Patriots NEVER do. It absolutely has EVERYTHING to do with coaching.
Put Belichick on the Browns, Kitches on the Pats, and the result is flipped. Not a doubt in my mind.
Listen, I wanted Kitchens too, but it's BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that he was a tremendous mistake. I admit I was a moron for wanting him. It's not that hard to admit when it's this obvious. MAN UP. There's a reason this guy hadn't even been a coordinator yet.
-
I don't know what firing him right now does. I do think he's got no chance at keeping a job, but I'll also say the players haven't helped him out. Freddie can't help Chubb protect the ball. Freddie can't block the DL that Baker threw the ball to. Freddie can't tell Higgins not to push off. Freddie can't throw it to OBJ. Freddie can't help Denzel Ward catch the easy interception in the end zone.
Don't get me wrong, I think he's in way over his head, but our players have been terrible. Our players simply REFUSE to make plays consistently.
Maybe I should start a poll, are the Browns cursed, or what?
-
I don't know what firing him right now does. I do think he's got no chance at keeping a job, but I'll also say the players haven't helped him out. Freddie can't help Chubb protect the ball. Freddie can't block the DL that Baker threw the ball to. Freddie can't tell Higgins not to push off. Freddie can't throw it to OBJ. Freddie can't help Denzel Ward catch the easy interception in the end zone.
Don't get me wrong, I think he's in way over his head, but our players have been terrible. Our players simply REFUSE to make plays consistently.
Maybe I should start a poll, are the Browns cursed, or what?
-
Freddie ia a terrible head coach but there is a reason he's the head coach, no one worth a lick wants to coach this dumpster fire of a team. Look at the last 3 head coaches, a lack of experience and unproven.
-
Freddie ia a terrible head coach but there is a reason he's the head coach, no one worth a lick wants to coach this dumpster fire of a team. Look at the last 3 head coaches, a lack of experience and unproven.
Freddie ia a terrible head coach but there is a reason he's the head coach, no one worth a lick wants to coach this dumpster fire of a team. Look at the last 3 head coaches, a lack of experience and unproven.
Partially because established and winning head coaches might just possibly have another job already?
Plus it's usually a sucker's bet to think that picking an apple off a winning coaches tree, like Belichick, doesn't often work out. Like hiring Bill Wyman to play bass and wondering why your band isn't as good as the Rolling Stones.
Adam gase? Bruce Arians? Just for the record if we were not worried that Freddie would have gone elsewhere I'd have liked to see him stay at OC and keep Gregg Williams as head coach.
WSS
-
In case you weren't watching the game, let me be sure to remind you of what Freddie decided to do.
4th and 11 in a two score game, Freddie first decides to punt the ball (stupid). Realizes he made stupid mistake. Instead of using timeout, intentionally takes a delay of game penalty to make the 4th down play 4th and 16 that was game over if you don't get it. Of course they don't (because stupid) and we have the result we saw. This isn't "rookie learning curve". That's incompetence of the highest order. Rex Ryan was crying he was laughing so hard at how bad that decision was.
As has been posted, I was intrigued by giving Freddie a shot and maybe having our lightning in a bottle. But peeps, this isn't "rookie coaching mistakes". The game is simply too fast for him right now, and it's resulting in incompetence, discipline penalties, and results where we are. I never really think there's a reason to fire someone 1/2 way, but I just hope unless we see some unbelievable shift we cut bait. It's clear as day Freddie just doesn't have the chops to do this.
-
Except, of course, arguably the two best coaches in history used to coach the Browns: Paul Brown and Bill Belichick.
Art Modell fucked it up with both of them.
If you want to use your kiddiegarter insults on Modell....by all means, go at it.
First of all, that is ancient history. No real coach wants to live in Cleveland.
First of all, that is ancient history. No real coach wants to live in Cleveland.
Well....all you know is ancient history apparently with your thinking that Cleveland is still polluted.
Beyond that, Prove it. Provide affidavits. And give us a list of whom you think these "real coaches" might be.
-
How are the Sonics doing bro?
Wouldn't it be cool if you could go to their forum?
I hate the NBA almost as bad as Lebron hates Cleveland. Glad we are getting the NHL. NBA is a joke. That Tristian Thompson is a fine citizen though!
I hate the NBA almost as bad as Lebron hates Cleveland. Glad we are getting the NHL. NBA is a joke. That Tristian Thompson is a fine citizen though!
LeBron still loves Cleveland/Akron. Still has his home here. He just went to LA to semi-retire and to try to get into being a Hollywood producer. Stars in his eyes and all that.
In fact, I hear that he may have to come stay back here, because his home in LA is like right in the area where fires are destroying a lot of houses.
-
Freddie ia a terrible head coach but there is a reason he's the head coach, no one worth a lick wants to coach this dumpster fire of a team. Look at the last 3 head coaches, a lack of experience and unproven.
Freddie ia a terrible head coach but there is a reason he's the head coach, no one worth a lick wants to coach this dumpster fire of a team. Look at the last 3 head coaches, a lack of experience and unproven.
The Browns do seem to want to bring in the "hot new" coordinator or something. So, OK, "lack of experience and unproven" is an issue. On the other hand, when they have brought in experienced coaches, they have fared no better: Hue Jackson (former Raiders HC), Eric Mangini (Jets).
-
My two cents has always been that Greg Williams earned the right to be HC this season. Instead he got the boot.
-
In case you weren't watching the game, let me be sure to remind you of what Freddie decided to do.
4th and 11 in a two score game, Freddie first decides to punt the ball (stupid). Realizes he made stupid mistake. Instead of using timeout, intentionally takes a delay of game penalty to make the 4th down play 4th and 16 that was game over if you don't get it. Of course they don't (because stupid) and we have the result we saw. This isn't "rookie learning curve". That's incompetence of the highest order. Rex Ryan was crying he was laughing so hard at how bad that decision was.
As has been posted, I was intrigued by giving Freddie a shot and maybe having our lightning in a bottle. But peeps, this isn't "rookie coaching mistakes". The game is simply too fast for him right now, and it's resulting in incompetence, discipline penalties, and results where we are. I never really think there's a reason to fire someone 1/2 way, but I just hope unless we see some unbelievable shift we cut bait. It's clear as day Freddie just doesn't have the chops to do this.
In case you weren't watching the game, let me be sure to remind you of what Freddie decided to do.
4th and 11 in a two score game, Freddie first decides to punt the ball (stupid). Realizes he made stupid mistake. Instead of using timeout, intentionally takes a delay of game penalty to make the 4th down play 4th and 16 that was game over if you don't get it. Of course they don't (because stupid) and we have the result we saw. This isn't "rookie learning curve". That's incompetence of the highest order. Rex Ryan was crying he was laughing so hard at how bad that decision was.
As has been posted, I was intrigued by giving Freddie a shot and maybe having our lightning in a bottle. But peeps, this isn't "rookie coaching mistakes". The game is simply too fast for him right now, and it's resulting in incompetence, discipline penalties, and results where we are. I never really think there's a reason to fire someone 1/2 way, but I just hope unless we see some unbelievable shift we cut bait. It's clear as day Freddie just doesn't have the chops to do this.
It does seem that way......but the fact is, the Browns have 9 games to play.....and very well could be favored to win all of them (mjp has failed to show the spreads on these upcoming games...despite being asked to do so numerous times).
If he sorely fucks up these games...with the talent now on this team, then we will know that what you say is true.
-
My two cents has always been that Greg Williams earned the right to be HC this season. Instead he got the boot.
My two cents has always been that Greg Williams earned the right to be HC this season. Instead he got the boot.
I would like to blame this on Jimmy Haslam, who has had a tendency toward poor hiring practices. But I think this has to be on Dorsey.
-
My two cents has always been that Greg Williams earned the right to be HC this season. Instead he got the boot.
I would like to blame this on Jimmy Haslam, who has had a tendency toward poor hiring practices. But I think this has to be on Dorsey.
I would like to blame this on Jimmy Haslam, who has had a tendency toward poor hiring practices. But I think this has to be on Dorsey.
Same here because I am not impressed with Haslam and I like Dorsey.
-
I don't know what firing him right now does. I do think he's got no chance at keeping a job, but I'll also say the players haven't helped him out. Freddie can't help Chubb protect the ball. Freddie can't block the DL that Baker threw the ball to. Freddie can't tell Higgins not to push off. Freddie can't throw it to OBJ. Freddie can't help Denzel Ward catch the easy interception in the end zone.
Don't get me wrong, I think he's in way over his head, but our players have been terrible. Our players simply REFUSE to make plays consistently.
Maybe I should start a poll, are the Browns cursed, or what?
Maybe I should start a poll, are the Browns cursed, or what?
It’s like I said in another post, I think the Browns HAVE to be cursed. I mean, what other explanation is there? How many times have you EVER seen an offensive lineman fall down and hit feet inexplicably swings upwards to perfectly hit a ball from a running back’s grasp and then have the ball roll directly to a defensive player for a touchdown? Have you EVER seen it? I know I have not, and that’s just the beginning.
How about the breakaway Chubb fumble? We had one of those last year with Calloway, and here we are, doing it again THIS year. Have you ever seen two teams do that in back to back years? What about the Baker interceptions that bounce off receivers only to sail directly to defenders? How many of THOSE are we going to see? A defensive lineman that beats our all pro guard and INTERCEPTS a pass?
I could go on and on, but there’s really no point. SOMETHING is just very wrong with our team, and what really hurts is the fact we all believed we were DONE with this crap. We thought that we were really on our way, but the reality is…”We’re the same old Browns.”
Lord, I want to be wrong. Heck, I’d love NOTHING MORE than to be wrong. But who the heck are we going to beat when we just GIVE the games away?
-
-
First of all, that is ancient history. No real coach wants to live in Cleveland.
Well....all you know is ancient history apparently with your thinking that Cleveland is still polluted.
Beyond that, Prove it. Provide affidavits. And give us a list of whom you think these "real coaches" might be.
Well....all you know is ancient history apparently with your thinking that Cleveland is still polluted.
Beyond that, Prove it. Provide affidavits. And give us a list of whom you think these "real coaches" might be.
I have my legal secretary working on that now.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
