McDaniels next coach possibly...
-
Article from the Canton Repository... very interesting take on the angle of what McD will do in his interview tomorrow and a decent read.
Link to full article follows Headline plus the opening thru one boldfaced tidbit that I think may be determinative for McD becoming our next HC. If McD can split the hair that is that tidbit, then I think he has grown since his debacle in Denver and can be our new HC.
================================================================================================================
Steve Doerschuk: Expect Josh McDaniels to recommend sweeping Browns makeover
Browns beat writer Steve Doerschuk expects Josh McDaniels to gauge Jimmy Haslam’s appetite for big operational changes when he interviews with the Browns on Friday.
If one knows Josh McDaniels and his story reasonably well, one can begin to imagine how key points of his interview with the Browns might play out Friday.
This version comes from someone who has met face-to-face with McDaniels at all nine of his Super Bowls (he and Tom Brady are the only Patriots to work for Bill Belichick in every one). These Super Bowl visits began not terribly long after we knew McDaniels as a top-of-the-class student at Canton McKinley who navigated the tricky business of quarterbacking a high-profile team piloted by his dad.
Friday’s interview is the last one scheduled in the Browns’ head coaching search. McDaniels will be assessing the Browns as intently as they are studying him. One imagines an undertone of respect from both sides as they gauge each other’s appetite for brutal honesty.
They could be perfect for each other.
McDaniels will be accompanied by his wife, with whom he will discuss an offer if one comes. He will be prepared to make a quick decision, including to move on, if his clear vision of what the Browns need meets a lukewarm reception early in the day.
McDaniels will present firm requirements, taking care that they do not come off as demands.
=========================================================================================================================
-
Sigh. There wasn't much need for a huge makeover (acknowledge I am in the minority) but seems that's where we are headed again.
We were in such a great position, it's so frustrating.
-
Article from the Canton Repository... very interesting take on the angle of what McD will do in his interview tomorrow and a decent read.
Link to full article follows Headline plus the opening thru one boldfaced tidbit that I think may be determinative for McD becoming our next HC. If McD can split the hair that is that tidbit, then I think he has grown since his debacle in Denver and can be our new HC.
================================================================================================================
Steve Doerschuk: Expect Josh McDaniels to recommend sweeping Browns makeover
Browns beat writer Steve Doerschuk expects Josh McDaniels to gauge Jimmy Haslam’s appetite for big operational changes when he interviews with the Browns on Friday.
If one knows Josh McDaniels and his story reasonably well, one can begin to imagine how key points of his interview with the Browns might play out Friday.
This version comes from someone who has met face-to-face with McDaniels at all nine of his Super Bowls (he and Tom Brady are the only Patriots to work for Bill Belichick in every one). These Super Bowl visits began not terribly long after we knew McDaniels as a top-of-the-class student at Canton McKinley who navigated the tricky business of quarterbacking a high-profile team piloted by his dad.
Friday’s interview is the last one scheduled in the Browns’ head coaching search. McDaniels will be assessing the Browns as intently as they are studying him. One imagines an undertone of respect from both sides as they gauge each other’s appetite for brutal honesty.
They could be perfect for each other.
McDaniels will be accompanied by his wife, with whom he will discuss an offer if one comes. He will be prepared to make a quick decision, including to move on, if his clear vision of what the Browns need meets a lukewarm reception early in the day.
McDaniels will present firm requirements, taking care that they do not come off as demands.
=========================================================================================================================
-
...that's his opinion...but...it's opinion...
It's a matter of how much Jimmuh HAS TO have him.
Actually it's not Doerschuk's opinion... it's the opinion of "someone who has met face-to-face with McDaniels at all nine of his Super Bowls (he and Tom Brady are the only Patriots to work for Bill Belichick in every one)." And that kind of proximity should mean it is a fairly well-informed one.
At any rate now CBS Sports has picked up the story...
-
...that's his opinion...but...it's opinion...
It's a matter of how much Jimmuh HAS TO have him.
Meh. I always figured McDaniels and Jimmy hashed this out like week 15 of the season, Jimmy agreed and told Dorsey and he packed up his stuff and left... the rest of these “interviews” have been a dog and pony show...
-
...that's his opinion...but...it's opinion...
It's a matter of how much Jimmuh HAS TO have him.
Meh. I always figured McDaniels and Jimmy hashed this out like week 15 of the season, Jimmy agreed and told Dorsey and he packed up his stuff and left... the rest of these “interviews” have been a dog and pony show...
Meh. I always figured McDaniels and Jimmy hashed this out like week 15 of the season, Jimmy agreed and told Dorsey and he packed up his stuff and left... the rest of these “interviews” have been a dog and pony show...
I had this same feeling as well. That Dorsey was leaving because Jimmy already had his coach and wanted more control.
-
Would love Wade Phillips as DC whoever we get as HC
-
If McDaniels does get the job the first thing he needs to do is hire Tim Tebow to coach Baker on how not to be an NFL QB ....
-
If McDaniels does get the job the first thing he needs to do is hire Tim Tebow to coach Baker on how not to be an NFL QB ....
If McDaniels does get the job the first thing he needs to do is hire Tim Tebow to coach Baker on how not to be an NFL QB ....
I'd have to think that most quarterbacks drafted in the first round failed to live up to expectations.
But that aside one concern I have about McDaniels is that I heard Terry Pluto on the radio this morning he doesn't seem very enthusiastic at all. And I usually respect his opinions.
WSS
-
If McDaniels does get the job the first thing he needs to do is hire Tim Tebow to coach Baker on how not to be an NFL QB ....
I'd have to think that most quarterbacks drafted in the first round failed to live up to expectations.
But that aside one concern I have about McDaniels is that I heard Terry Pluto on the radio this morning he doesn't seem very enthusiastic at all. And I usually respect his opinions.
WSS
I'd have to think that most quarterbacks drafted in the first round failed to live up to expectations.
But that aside one concern I have about McDaniels is that I heard Terry Pluto on the radio this morning he doesn't seem very enthusiastic at all. And I usually respect his opinions.
WSS
I didn't get to hear that, could you elaborate more please?
-
I'd have to think that most quarterbacks drafted in the first round failed to live up to expectations.
But that aside one concern I have about McDaniels is that I heard Terry Pluto on the radio this morning he doesn't seem very enthusiastic at all. And I usually respect his opinions.
WSS
I didn't get to hear that, could you elaborate more please?
I didn't get to hear that, could you elaborate more please?
Actually he was on the radio has eyes driving over to get blood drawn I didn't hear or record the whole thing he just sounded very lukewarm about Josh. Seems like he preferred Eric bieniemy.
WSS
-
I didn't get to hear that, could you elaborate more please?
Actually he was on the radio has eyes driving over to get blood drawn I didn't hear or record the whole thing he just sounded very lukewarm about Josh. Seems like he preferred Eric bieniemy.
WSS
Actually he was on the radio has eyes driving over to get blood drawn I didn't hear or record the whole thing he just sounded very lukewarm about Josh. Seems like he preferred Eric bieniemy.
WSS
I'm lukewarm on him too, if he's hired let's hope he's learnt enough since his last stint as HC to make us a winner.
-
Actually he was on the radio has eyes driving over to get blood drawn I didn't hear or record the whole thing he just sounded very lukewarm about Josh. Seems like he preferred Eric bieniemy.
WSS
I'm lukewarm on him too, if he's hired let's hope he's learnt enough since his last stint as HC to make us a winner.
I'm lukewarm on him too, if he's hired let's hope he's learnt enough since his last stint as HC to make us a winner.
I agree with that. And again I'm concerned that no other team showed any interest. Sure he couldn't interview right away with anybody but seems like other teams didn't care to wait. Still I will be in the guy's Corner if he's the choice. There are certainly positives
WSS
-
I’ve said all along we need a LEADER not a position genius, or a great play caller or even a coordinator that has produced results.
Hopefully this leader surrounds himself with the great play caller, good QB coach and a Def. coordinator with a decent scheme.
-
I'm lukewarm on him too, if he's hired let's hope he's learnt enough since his last stint as HC to make us a winner.
I agree with that. And again I'm concerned that no other team showed any interest. Sure he couldn't interview right away with anybody but seems like other teams didn't care to wait. Still I will be in the guy's Corner if he's the choice. There are certainly positives
WSS
I agree with that. And again I'm concerned that no other team showed any interest. Sure he couldn't interview right away with anybody but seems like other teams didn't care to wait. Still I will be in the guy's Corner if he's the choice. There are certainly positives
WSS
You can get that way on leftovers. What did or didn't everyone else see about this candidate that you all of a sudden see?
I also think that can come on more after YEARS of searching for a new HC.
-
I'm lukewarm on him too, if he's hired let's hope he's learnt enough since his last stint as HC to make us a winner.
I agree with that. And again I'm concerned that no other team showed any interest. Sure he couldn't interview right away with anybody but seems like other teams didn't care to wait. Still I will be in the guy's Corner if he's the choice. There are certainly positives
WSS
I agree with that. And again I'm concerned that no other team showed any interest. Sure he couldn't interview right away with anybody but seems like other teams didn't care to wait. Still I will be in the guy's Corner if he's the choice. There are certainly positives
WSS
Maybe he didn’t want to interview With some of these other teams.
you hear the question all the time Over the years in Cleveland - why didn’t we interview so and so- well maybe he didn’t want to coach here.
-
I agree with that. And again I'm concerned that no other team showed any interest. Sure he couldn't interview right away with anybody but seems like other teams didn't care to wait. Still I will be in the guy's Corner if he's the choice. There are certainly positives
WSS
Maybe he didn’t want to interview With some of these other teams.
you hear the question all the time Over the years in Cleveland - why didn’t we interview so and so- well maybe he didn’t want to coach here.
Maybe he didn’t want to interview With some of these other teams.
you hear the question all the time Over the years in Cleveland - why didn’t we interview so and so- well maybe he didn’t want to coach here.
Just because you get offered an interview, doesn't mean you have to interview.
Rhule supposedly told the Browns don't bother....
-
Maybe he didn’t want to interview With some of these other teams.
you hear the question all the time Over the years in Cleveland - why didn’t we interview so and so- well maybe he didn’t want to coach here.
Just because you get offered an interview, doesn't mean you have to interview.
Rhule supposedly told the Browns don't bother....
-
well stick a fork in this thread
-
Maybe he didn’t want to interview With some of these other teams.
you hear the question all the time Over the years in Cleveland - why didn’t we interview so and so- well maybe he didn’t want to coach here.
Just because you get offered an interview, doesn't mean you have to interview.
Rhule supposedly told the Browns don't bother....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login