Skip to content

So, who would you pick as the next HC ?

The Browns Board
155 39 5.8k
  • 7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Tom Laundry available??????

  • I will say this... We need someone thats going to teach Baker to be a surgeon... That starts by getting rid of OBJ... I know a lot of you don't want to hear this... But its painfully obvious... I just think OBJ's best days are behind him... We need solid chain mover types like a Hines Ward.. I think Landry stays for sure... Theres just too much bullshit with OBJ with rings.. Cars.. money and what not... That doesnt ring team player to me... We need a HC that is gonna drive discipline and accountability... no favoritism toward any one player.. And He doesnt have to be "buddies" with them...

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @nickers said:

    I will say this... We need someone thats going to teach Baker to be a surgeon... That starts by getting rid of OBJ... I know a lot of you don't want to hear this... But its painfully obvious... I just think OBJ's best days are behind him... We need solid chain mover types like a Hines Ward.. I think Landry stays for sure... Theres just too much bullshit with OBJ with rings.. Cars.. money and what not... That doesnt ring team player to me... We need a HC that is gonna drive discipline and accountability... no favoritism toward any one player.. And He doesnt have to be "buddies" with them...

    Yeah I agree. OBJ is a huge distraction. He's not going to change his ways, no matter what team he's on. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #30

    I think Saleh and Greg Roman could/should be give some consideration.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    If they fire Freddie and get a new head coach, I'd love for the new head coach to consider Ray Horton as his defensive coordinator. 

    Fuck Ray Horton.. He's already had two tours of duty here.. His D is too fucking passive for me..

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @nickers said:

    Fuck Ray Horton.. He's already had two tours of duty here.. His D is too fucking passive for me..

    I believe that was a joke 

  • So far (at 3:35 p.m. on 12/22/2019), the top choices are:

    1. Ron Rivera (10 votes)

    2. Freddie Kitchens (8 votes)

    3. "Other" (3 votes)

    4. Tie between Mike McCarthy, Josh McDaniels, and Kevin Stefanski (2 votes)

    5. Tie between Dan Campbell, Marvin Lewis, Greg Roman, and Lincoln Riley  (1 vote)

    Or to put it another way:

    Votes to dump Freddie: 23

    Votes to keep Freddie: 8

    RichiswhereR Richiswhere wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @tinythinker said:

    So far (at 3:35 p.m. on 12/22/2019), the top choices are:

    1. Ron Rivera (10 votes)

    2. Freddie Kitchens (8 votes)

    3. "Other" (3 votes)

    4. Tie between Mike McCarthy, Josh McDaniels, and Kevin Stefanski (2 votes)

    5. Tie between Dan Campbell, Marvin Lewis, Greg Roman, and Lincoln Riley  (1 vote)

    Or to put it another way:

    Votes to dump Freddie: 23

    Votes to keep Freddie: 8

    Na obviously Freddie has created 8 different accounts. No Browns fan can be this dumb ?

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #33

    I like Urban

  • @tinythinker said:

    So far (at 3:35 p.m. on 12/22/2019), the top choices are:

    1. Ron Rivera (10 votes)

    2. Freddie Kitchens (8 votes)

    3. "Other" (3 votes)

    4. Tie between Mike McCarthy, Josh McDaniels, and Kevin Stefanski (2 votes)

    5. Tie between Dan Campbell, Marvin Lewis, Greg Roman, and Lincoln Riley  (1 vote)

    Or to put it another way:

    Votes to dump Freddie: 23

    Votes to keep Freddie: 8

    Na obviously Freddie has created 8 different accounts. No Browns fan can be this dumb ?

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @richiswhere said:

    Na obviously Freddie has created 8 different accounts. No Browns fan can be this dumb ?

    Per ESPN

    Describe the game in two words: So emblematic. Clock mismanagement, questionable decision-making, missed opportunities and sideline shouting all defined Sunday’s game, as they have this entire Browns season.

    DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE COACH WE WANT?

  • @richiswhere said:

    Na obviously Freddie has created 8 different accounts. No Browns fan can be this dumb ?

    Per ESPN

    Describe the game in two words: So emblematic. Clock mismanagement, questionable decision-making, missed opportunities and sideline shouting all defined Sunday’s game, as they have this entire Browns season.

    DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE COACH WE WANT?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @browns149 said:

    Per ESPN

    Describe the game in two words: So emblematic. Clock mismanagement, questionable decision-making, missed opportunities and sideline shouting all defined Sunday’s game, as they have this entire Browns season.

    DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE COACH WE WANT?

    Truthfully.. and unfortunatly.....NO.    

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #36

    The initial interviews are over (or so we believe).

    Who would you pick?  -  You're not married to your choice.  None of us interviewed anybody so we don't 'really know' the candidates.  Your choice could get hired and suck....and you'd be allowed to say he sucks.  🙂  

    The hire could happen very soon, it could be after the weekend, or it could be after the last candidate exits the playoffs.

    McDaniels, Stefanski, Saleh, Bieniemy, Roman, Schwartz, Daboll

    ----------------

    I'm picking Roman.  I like how he adapted his side of the ball to match the talent that he currently has.  I wouldn't mind having a guy overseeing the whole team with that kind of mind's eye.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #37

    I guess I'd go with McDaniels. 

    He's got tons of experience and has been a head coach. I think he could put together a good coaching staff. 

    I'm not head over heels about him, but everyone else has bigger questions surrounding them. Stefanski and Saleh are relatively green at being coordinators, Bieniemy is an OC who doesn't call players, Roman seems to really succeed with running QBs, Schwartz does have HC experience, but his Lions teams were undisciplined, young teams that often shot themselves in the foot. (Sound familiar?). Daboll feels like the human version of a consolation prize. 

  • I guess I'd go with McDaniels. 

    He's got tons of experience and has been a head coach. I think he could put together a good coaching staff. 

    I'm not head over heels about him, but everyone else has bigger questions surrounding them. Stefanski and Saleh are relatively green at being coordinators, Bieniemy is an OC who doesn't call players, Roman seems to really succeed with running QBs, Schwartz does have HC experience, but his Lions teams were undisciplined, young teams that often shot themselves in the foot. (Sound familiar?). Daboll feels like the human version of a consolation prize. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @dutch-oven said:

    Stefanski and Saleh are relatively green at being coordinators, Bieniemy is an OC who doesn't call players, Roman seems to really succeed with running QBs, Schwartz does have HC experience, but his Lions teams were undisciplined, young teams that often shot themselves in the foot. (Sound familiar?). Daboll feels like the human version of a consolation prize. 

    I agree with your assessment of the candidates. 

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #39

    I'm betting on either Stefanski or  McDaniels. 

    They'd love Saleh enough to wait until after the Super Bowl. Don't see it happening.

  • I'm betting on either Stefanski or  McDaniels. 

    They'd love Saleh enough to wait until after the Super Bowl. Don't see it happening.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @hoorta said:

    I'm betting on

    ....but who would YOU pick?   Based on what little we know.

    ---------

    And I fully understand a McDaniels pick.  He's seen how a dynasty is done!

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Sort of been asked in about a dozen threads here.  But I will give a pecking order of those who interviewed. 

    1. McDaniels

    2. Stefanski

    3. Bienemy

    4. Saleh

    5. Roman

    6. Schwartz

    7. Daboll

    8. McCarthy...off the board.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    I'm going to wait until I see the white smoke come out of the chimney when they actually pick a new coach and go from there.

    I don't think that they are going to consult with us before making a decision.  😐

  • I'm going to wait until I see the white smoke come out of the chimney when they actually pick a new coach and go from there.

    I don't think that they are going to consult with us before making a decision.  😐

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @mjp28 said:

    I'm going to wait until I see the white smoke come out of the chimney when they actually pick a new coach and go from there.

    I don't think that they are going to consult with us before making a decision.  😐

    Cop out!

    We have another use for your time:   Pope watch. 

  • The initial interviews are over (or so we believe).

    Who would you pick?  -  You're not married to your choice.  None of us interviewed anybody so we don't 'really know' the candidates.  Your choice could get hired and suck....and you'd be allowed to say he sucks.  🙂  

    The hire could happen very soon, it could be after the weekend, or it could be after the last candidate exits the playoffs.

    McDaniels, Stefanski, Saleh, Bieniemy, Roman, Schwartz, Daboll

    ----------------

    I'm picking Roman.  I like how he adapted his side of the ball to match the talent that he currently has.  I wouldn't mind having a guy overseeing the whole team with that kind of mind's eye.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @orion said:

    McDaniels, Stefanski, Saleh, Bieniemy, Roman, Schwartz, Daboll

    I liked Saleh, but since only McD and Stef appear to be in the running... I think I go Stef.

    He's the less seasoned of the two, but...

    In the end I just can't get passed McD's face plant in Denver.

  • @hoorta said:

    I'm betting on

    ....but who would YOU pick?   Based on what little we know.

    ---------

    And I fully understand a McDaniels pick.  He's seen how a dynasty is done!

    S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @orion said:

    ....but who would YOU pick?   Based on what little we know.

    ---------

    And I fully understand a McDaniels pick.  He's seen how a dynasty is done!

    And hopefully learned from his mistakes the first time around

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #46

    Another thing that bothers me about McD...

    I can't recall seeing him interact with anyone on the Pat's sideline other than Tom or Bill.

  • Kennel ClubK Kennel Club wrote on last edited by
    #47

    I know the popular choice is McDaniels, and I would be over the moon if we get him but out of the whole list Schwartz is my preference.