Skip to content

Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

The Browns Board
268 51 7.8k 1
  • Color me unimpressed... The Baseball guy won... Now he can put the Browns back into tank mode.. after all the miraculous work Dorsey did in a short period...you can bet DePoop will tear it down.... I still see dark days ahead...

    DePoop has far too much control...

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @nickers said:

    Color me unimpressed... The Baseball guy won... Now he can put the Browns back into tank mode.. after all the miraculous work Dorsey did in a short period... I still see dark days ahead...

    DePoop has far too much control...

    You mean the analytics guy that everyone in the front office was ignoring until the team continued to be dysfunctional? 

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    I don’t think it’s official. NFL.com says “Browns planning to hire” and ESPN is reporting it as breaking news.

    At this point it's more like an officially confirmed intent.

    Likely the offer's been verbally made and accepted in principle with details on paper to be signed soon.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @tour2ma said:

    At this point it's more like an officially confirmed intent.

    Likely the offer's been verbally made and accepted in principle with details on paper to be signed soon.

    Sounds like it's done. 

  • At least, I think, we have this going for us with this hire:     Very low expectations.    Clearly no one here is jumping up and down with enthusiasm and anticipation of a great season ahead.   Anything better than a 6-10 season will seem like a major positive accomplishment.

    Fair to say? 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @the-gipper said:

    At least, I think, we have this going for us with this hire:     Very low expectations.    Clearly no one here is jumping up and down with enthusiasm and anticipation of a great season ahead.   Anything better than a 6-10 season will seem like a major positive accomplishment.

    Fair to say? 

    I'd bump it up to 9-7 as minimum to feeling like an accomplishment. 

  • At least, I think, we have this going for us with this hire:     Very low expectations.    Clearly no one here is jumping up and down with enthusiasm and anticipation of a great season ahead.   Anything better than a 6-10 season will seem like a major positive accomplishment.

    Fair to say? 

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS
    #33

    @the-gipper said:

    Anything better than a 6-10 season will seem like a major positive accomplishment.

    Fair to say? 

    I would say playoffs, or bust.
    We just gotta chill out with the super bowl talk and hopefully keep the team focused on a week to week basis. No distractions.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #34

    If the Browns had to have a motto to accompany this hire, it would be something like: 

    KEVIN STEFANSKI FOR HEAD COACH: AT LEAST HE ISN'T BRIAN DABOLL! 

  • If the Browns had to have a motto to accompany this hire, it would be something like: 

    KEVIN STEFANSKI FOR HEAD COACH: AT LEAST HE ISN'T BRIAN DABOLL! 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @dutch-oven said:

    If the Browns had to have a motto to accompany this hire, it would be something like: 

    KEVIN STEFANSKI FOR HEAD COACH: AT LEAST HE ISN'T BRIAN DABOLL! 

    Well if the Browns hired DUMBOLL.. It's would've been a PR disaster on all fronts... I'm glad it wasn't him.. But.. I have little confidence in this hiring..

  • BereanB Berean wrote on last edited by
    #36

    The Factory of Sadness churns on - 3 shifts a day, 7 days a week. 

  • At least, I think, we have this going for us with this hire:     Very low expectations.    Clearly no one here is jumping up and down with enthusiasm and anticipation of a great season ahead.   Anything better than a 6-10 season will seem like a major positive accomplishment.

    Fair to say? 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @the-gipper said:

    At least, I think, we have this going for us with this hire:     Very low expectations.    Clearly no one here is jumping up and down with enthusiasm and anticipation of a great season ahead.   Anything better than a 6-10 season will seem like a major positive accomplishment.

    Fair to say? 

    Between Freddie’s “coaching” and the defensive scheme.  I’d hope we can be at least a .500 team taking out the two factors above 

  • @the-gipper said:

    At least, I think, we have this going for us with this hire:     Very low expectations.    Clearly no one here is jumping up and down with enthusiasm and anticipation of a great season ahead.   Anything better than a 6-10 season will seem like a major positive accomplishment.

    Fair to say? 

    I'd bump it up to 9-7 as minimum to feeling like an accomplishment. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @icecube said:

    I'd bump it up to 9-7 as minimum to feeling like an accomplishment. 

    Right....I am saying that anything around .500 would be that. 

  • If the Browns had to have a motto to accompany this hire, it would be something like: 

    KEVIN STEFANSKI FOR HEAD COACH: AT LEAST HE ISN'T BRIAN DABOLL! 

    darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @dutch-oven said:

    If the Browns had to have a motto to accompany this hire, it would be something like: 

    KEVIN STEFANSKI FOR HEAD COACH: AT LEAST HE ISN'T BRIAN DABOLL! 

    Glad it wasn,t  McDaniels ....he will go back to breast feeding on Bill through the nipple holes in his hoodie

  • @tour2ma said:

    At this point it's more like an officially confirmed intent.

    Likely the offer's been verbally made and accepted in principle with details on paper to be signed soon.

    Sounds like it's done. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @icecube said:

    Sounds like it's done. 

    What are we going to talk about now?   Hmmmmm. Oh yeah the draft.

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #41

    huh

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #42

    Let's ask this question: 

    Was this whole  massive search for a new HC   just a dog and pony show?   Was it predetermined once Freddie was hired and Depo was put in charge that Stefanski was the choice...because he was HIS choice from last year?   Were hauling in the 8 names in here just a song and dance, and once Stefanski was free he was going to get the job anyway?   Hell, why not do it like the Cowboys:  bring in one nominal black face to suffice the Rooney rule, then make your hire.

    I think, if I were  McDaniel, Saleh, Roman, etc. etc. that is how I would probably feel about it. 

  • @icecube said:

    Sounds like it's done. 

    What are we going to talk about now?   Hmmmmm. Oh yeah the draft.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @mjp28 said:

    What are we going to talk about now?   Hmmmmm. Oh yeah the draft.

    I know I'm thrilled at the idea of these guys running the Browns drafts again! 

    (Goddamn it, how do you make posts pink again?) ?

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #44

    ...ok....onward and upward with Stefanski then.    To infinity, and beyond/

  • @icecube said:

    Sounds like it's done. 

    What are we going to talk about now?   Hmmmmm. Oh yeah the draft.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @mjp28 said:

    What are we going to talk about now?   Hmmmmm. Oh yeah the draft.

    Uhmm.....who is going to be conducting that draft?   Who is going to be coaching the defense?  Is Stinky  (that is going to be my name for him for short)....going to call plays, or hire an OC.....or bring in Kubiak  (which would help sooth my confidence quite a bit)

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    If anything, this gives us a ton of material for more polish jokes.    Perogi's FOR DAYS!!!

  • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
    #47

    If he gets a coaching staff of Kubiak and Schwartz than I can live with it. 

    I dont have a good feeling about this though 

  • BrownsFan4EvrB BrownsFan4Evr wrote on last edited by
    #48

    I think this hire sucks.......hope I'm wrong.

  • If he gets a coaching staff of Kubiak and Schwartz than I can live with it. 

    I dont have a good feeling about this though 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @louisville-slugger said:

    If he gets a coaching staff of Kubiak and Schwartz than I can live with it. 

    I dont have a good feeling about this though 

    Explain again how we can get Schwartz.    Is he free to sign anywhere?