Skip to content

Browns focused on Mayfield getting slimmer, faster

The Browns Board
49 18 1.4k
  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Body composition and conditioning > just saying "weight".   If Baker wants to play at 220, that's cool. But there's a way to go about getting there in a healthy manner.

  • I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Look, I heard somethings where they were acting like the weight gain was on purpose to make him "more durable." I'm calling BS on that.

    His weight gain was from pounding beers and probably pizzas. At his age, it would be a cake walk to drop 20 lbs. Just drop some of the empty calories and he's be right into shape. And when your head coach looks like he's hiding a beach ball under his shirt, not much leadership going on there.. 

  • Look, I heard somethings where they were acting like the weight gain was on purpose to make him "more durable." I'm calling BS on that.

    His weight gain was from pounding beers and probably pizzas. At his age, it would be a cake walk to drop 20 lbs. Just drop some of the empty calories and he's be right into shape. And when your head coach looks like he's hiding a beach ball under his shirt, not much leadership going on there.. 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @icecube said:

    Look, I heard somethings where they were acting like the weight gain was on purpose to make him "more durable." I'm calling BS on that.

    He really hasn't missed many snaps since he started starting. I will say that about the guy. If the dad bod fat helps absorb those hits, then l’m ok with it l guess. Just have him do legs. Lots of running.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Anyone out there not gain weight during their first year of marriage? I know I did... a bunch. Then I woke up and started working it off. Baker can do the same and will have a lot more incentive and help to do so than I ever did.

  • He really porked out:

    dZ5FzZf.jpg

    GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by Gorka
    #22

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    He really porked out:

    dZ5FzZf.jpg

    Wow. In black and yellow this fat ass is easily mistaken for Pig Pen.

    They're saying over on another thread that he's really fat these days.

  • He really porked out:

    dZ5FzZf.jpg

    GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by Gorka
    #23

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    He really porked out:

    dZ5FzZf.jpg

    He actually looks more like Kitchens. even his mug.

  • Anyone out there not gain weight during their first year of marriage? I know I did... a bunch. Then I woke up and started working it off. Baker can do the same and will have a lot more incentive and help to do so than I ever did.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @tour2ma said:

    Anyone out there not gain weight during their first year of marriage? I know I did... a bunch. Then I woke up and started working it off. Baker can do the same and will have a lot more incentive and help to do so than I ever did.

    Of course. My only problem - and this may be an old man talking - is when is this guy going to get focused? You were the #1 player drafted. Take it a little more serious. Let's face it: despite other problems, he sucked last season. Sure, nothing is ever perfect, but he had plenty of plays he should have made. He had a dope running game, good Wrs, OL not the worst...Baker needs to grow up. 

  • Anyone out there not gain weight during their first year of marriage? I know I did... a bunch. Then I woke up and started working it off. Baker can do the same and will have a lot more incentive and help to do so than I ever did.

    GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @tour2ma said:

    Anyone out there not gain weight during their first year of marriage? I know I did... a bunch. Then I woke up and started working it off. Baker can do the same and will have a lot more incentive and help to do so than I ever did.

    Appears that weight gain during the first year of marriage is common amongst you professional athletes.

  • Anyone out there not gain weight during their first year of marriage? I know I did... a bunch. Then I woke up and started working it off. Baker can do the same and will have a lot more incentive and help to do so than I ever did.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @tour2ma said:

    Anyone out there not gain weight during their first year of marriage? I know I did... a bunch. Then I woke up and started working it off. Baker can do the same and will have a lot more incentive and help to do so than I ever did.

    Yep-I went from a svelte 175 in the best shape of my life fresh out of Infantry School to a porky 190 within 6 months of marriage. So I took a tropical vacation to Vietnam via a two week jungle school in Panama and came back around 165. Funny how those duck and cover drills can take that stuff right off in no time flat. Right C. Mike and DieHard??

  • @tour2ma said:

    Anyone out there not gain weight during their first year of marriage? I know I did... a bunch. Then I woke up and started working it off. Baker can do the same and will have a lot more incentive and help to do so than I ever did.

    Of course. My only problem - and this may be an old man talking - is when is this guy going to get focused? You were the #1 player drafted. Take it a little more serious. Let's face it: despite other problems, he sucked last season. Sure, nothing is ever perfect, but he had plenty of plays he should have made. He had a dope running game, good Wrs, OL not the worst...Baker needs to grow up. 

    GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by Gorka
    #27

    @icecube said:

    Of course. My only problem - and this may be an old man talking - is when is this guy going to get focused? You were the #1 player drafted. Take it a little more serious. Let's face it: despite other problems, he sucked last season. Sure, nothing is ever perfect, but he had plenty of plays he should have made. He had a dope running game, good Wrs, OL not the worst...Baker needs to grow up. 

    "He wasn't focused" is harder to swallow than a Hindu eating a hamburger.

    But I'll cling to anything in hopes Baker doesn't end up on that list of one year wonder QB's headed up by RGIII.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    He really porked out:

    dZ5FzZf.jpg

    Wow. In black and yellow this fat ass is easily mistaken for Pig Pen.

    They're saying over on another thread that he's really fat these days.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @gorka said:

    Wow. In black and yellow this fat ass is easily mistaken for Pig Pen.

    They're saying over on another thread that he's really fat these days.

    And you have denied it there.

    Fickle much?

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    He really porked out:

    dZ5FzZf.jpg

    He actually looks more like Kitchens. even his mug.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @gorka said:

    He actually looks more like Kitchens. even his mug.

    And as I informed everyone, this guy has since died from complication from his obesity at age 38.   Let's hope Freddy does not go that route.  As bad as he was as a coach and had to go,  he was still a decent guy and you don't want that happening to him. 

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Mayfield working on getting slimmer:

    Image result for fat guy sprinting gif

  • Mayfield working on getting slimmer:

    Image result for fat guy sprinting gif

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Mayfield working on getting slimmer:

    Image result for fat guy sprinting gif

    And watching it at home on TV.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Anyone out there not gain weight during their first year of marriage? I know I did... a bunch. Then I woke up and started working it off. Baker can do the same and will have a lot more incentive and help to do so than I ever did.

    Yep-I went from a svelte 175 in the best shape of my life fresh out of Infantry School to a porky 190 within 6 months of marriage. So I took a tropical vacation to Vietnam via a two week jungle school in Panama and came back around 165. Funny how those duck and cover drills can take that stuff right off in no time flat. Right C. Mike and DieHard??

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @texasag1969 said:

    Yep-I went from a svelte 175 in the best shape of my life fresh out of Infantry School to a porky 190 within 6 months of marriage. So I took a tropical vacation to Vietnam via a two week jungle school in Panama and came back around 165. Funny how those duck and cover drills can take that stuff right off in no time flat. Right C. Mike and DieHard??

    You betcha!!

    Mike

  • @gorka said:

    Wow. In black and yellow this fat ass is easily mistaken for Pig Pen.

    They're saying over on another thread that he's really fat these days.

    And you have denied it there.

    Fickle much?

    GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by Gorka
    #33

    @the-gipper said:

    And you have denied it there.

    Fickle much?

    Try reading it one more time.

    I have denied nothing. The issue is that you're much too obtuse to recognize sarcasm.

  • @the-gipper said:

    And you have denied it there.

    Fickle much?

    Try reading it one more time.

    I have denied nothing. The issue is that you're much too obtuse to recognize sarcasm.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @gorka said:

    Try reading it one more time.

    I have denied nothing. The issue is that you're much too obtuse to recognize sarcasm.

    Whoa. 

    I think I just agreed with this guy on something! ?

  • @gorka said:

    He actually looks more like Kitchens. even his mug.

    And as I informed everyone, this guy has since died from complication from his obesity at age 38.   Let's hope Freddy does not go that route.  As bad as he was as a coach and had to go,  he was still a decent guy and you don't want that happening to him. 

    GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @the-gipper said:

    And as I informed everyone, this guy has since died from complication from his obesity at age 38.   Let's hope Freddy does not go that route.  As bad as he was as a coach and had to go,  he was still a decent guy and you don't want that happening to him. 

    Keep up the good work in keeping people informed Gipper!  Even if it's fake news about BR...and as opposed to our beloved Freddie, lets hope BR does die from complications from his obesity you claim he is saddled with, right?.

  • @the-gipper said:

    And you have denied it there.

    Fickle much?

    Try reading it one more time.

    I have denied nothing. The issue is that you're much too obtuse to recognize sarcasm.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @gorka said:

    Try reading it one more time.

    I have denied nothing. The issue is that you're much too obtuse to recognize sarcasm.

    No I recognized it as a feeble attempt to try to hide your true feelings behind a lame attempt at sarcasm.....you are too inept at creating sarcasm to make it recognizable.

  • @the-gipper said:

    And as I informed everyone, this guy has since died from complication from his obesity at age 38.   Let's hope Freddy does not go that route.  As bad as he was as a coach and had to go,  he was still a decent guy and you don't want that happening to him. 

    Keep up the good work in keeping people informed Gipper!  Even if it's fake news about BR...and as opposed to our beloved Freddie, lets hope BR does die from complications from his obesity you claim he is saddled with, right?.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @gorka said:

    Keep up the good work in keeping people informed Gipper!  Even if it's fake news about BR...and as opposed to our beloved Freddie, lets hope BR does die from complications from his obesity you claim he is saddled with, right?.

    BR is fat. 

    Maybe it would be appropriate to saddle him up.    

    Or, get him some of these:

    giphy.gif

    J00GLNDRvM31QWkzM0UVNqrY0g_R-FNYbAAfBDTb