Skip to content

Survey Draft Week MK2

The Browns Board
23 7 369
  • If you had the option would you wish you had Bengals pick at 1 or the 3 Dolphins picks.... not trading for them.....just wish you had that teams position in the draft

  • If you had the option would you wish you had Bengals pick at 1 or the 3 Dolphins picks.... not trading for them.....just wish you had that teams position in the draft

    @darren15 said:

    If you had the option would you wish you had Bengals pick at 1 or the 3 Dolphins picks.... not trading for them.....just wish you had that teams position in the draft

    Ah...OK.   

    For the Browns, for this year, I think the  Miami picks:   5, 18, 26.

    So, what could we get with those picks would fill out our top needs:  Probably our top OT pick.  Murray or Queen or Baun at LB;  Delpit/McKinney at  Safety. 

  • Which prospect will go earlier than most expect


    Which prospect will go later than most expect

    How Many WR's will come off the board in the 1st round

    How many OT's will come off the board in the first round

    Will the Browns trade up or down at least once during the draft

    Will the Browns trade a player for pick(s) or trade pick(s) for a player this week

    Late round sleeper is

    Biggest bust is

    Would you rather swap 10 for Cinci's number 1 pick and probably take Chase Young or Miami's 3 first rounders
     

    @darren15 said:

    Which prospect will go earlier than most expect

    Trautman and Love


    Which prospect will go later than most expect

    Tua and Becton 

    How Many WR's will come off the board in the 1st round

    Jeudy, Lamb, Ricks, Higgins, Jefferson, Auiyak 

    How many OT's will come off the board in the first round
    4.

    Will the Browns trade up or down at least once during the draft

    trade down in the 1st and then trade up from the 2nd. 

    Will the Browns trade a player for pick(s) or trade pick(s) for a player this week

    Yes

    Late round sleeper is
     

    Two backs- McFarland and Darrynton Evans  Too many others to name 

    Biggest bust is

    Becton- gonna get eaten alive by grown men professionals.

    D. Brown- he’s ordinary.  Probably a decent run stuffer but you don’t pay for that in the Top 10.

    Tee Higgins- I see ordinary here too. 

    Would you rather swap 10 for Cinci's number 1 pick and probably take Chase Young or Miami's 3 first rounders.

    Probably Neither.  But I think Young is one of the few elite prospects in this draft.  This draft will be known for rounds 3-5.
     

  • Jalen Hurts

    Tua 

    Five

    Four

    Yes

    Yes

    Bust = Burrow. Nearly as old as Weeden 😉 
     

    Know nothing about sleepers 

  • Which prospect will go earlier than most expect. Jalen Hurts


    Which prospect will go later than most expect. RB Jonathan Taylor.

    How Many WR's will come off the board in the 1st round  6

    How many OT's will come off the board in the first round  6

    Will the Browns trade up or down at least once during the draft. Yes.  They will trade down and up.

    Will the Browns trade a player for pick(s) or trade pick(s) for a player this week. Yes. Trade a player for pick(s)

    Late round sleeper is RB Joshua Kelley UCLA

    Biggest bust is S Grant Delpit - when tackling is an issue for a safety it's as big of a red flag as a WR that drops too many passes. 

    Would you rather swap 10 for Cinci's number 1 pick and probably take Chase Young or Miami's 3 first rounders - Miami's 3 first rounders.

  • Which prospect will go earlier than most expect. Jalen Hurts


    Which prospect will go later than most expect. RB Jonathan Taylor.

    How Many WR's will come off the board in the 1st round  6

    How many OT's will come off the board in the first round  6

    Will the Browns trade up or down at least once during the draft. Yes.  They will trade down and up.

    Will the Browns trade a player for pick(s) or trade pick(s) for a player this week. Yes. Trade a player for pick(s)

    Late round sleeper is RB Joshua Kelley UCLA

    Biggest bust is S Grant Delpit - when tackling is an issue for a safety it's as big of a red flag as a WR that drops too many passes. 

    Would you rather swap 10 for Cinci's number 1 pick and probably take Chase Young or Miami's 3 first rounders - Miami's 3 first rounders.

    @flugel said:

    Which prospect will go earlier than most expect. Jalen Hurts

    Makes me want to change my answer... dammit...

  • @flugel said:

    Which prospect will go earlier than most expect. Jalen Hurts

    Makes me want to change my answer... dammit...

    @tour2ma said:

    Makes me want to change my answer... dammit...

    London actually beat me to it with Hurts.  I've had a sick feeling he's gonna be a Pittsburgh Steeler in round 2, if NE doesn't take him at #23 (or via trade back a little further). And then it was recently mentioned on the NFL Channel or ESPN that Mike Tomlin likes him a lot.  

  • @tour2ma said:

    Makes me want to change my answer... dammit...

    London actually beat me to it with Hurts.  I've had a sick feeling he's gonna be a Pittsburgh Steeler in round 2, if NE doesn't take him at #23 (or via trade back a little further). And then it was recently mentioned on the NFL Channel or ESPN that Mike Tomlin likes him a lot.  

    @flugel said:

    London actually beat me to it with Hurts.  I've had a sick feeling he's gonna be a Pittsburgh Steeler in round 2, if NE doesn't take him at #23 (or via trade back a little further). And then it was recently mentioned on the NFL Channel or ESPN that Mike Tomlin likes him a lot.  

    I would not be under the impression that him going in round 2 would be  "earlier than expected".   That is about where I would expect him to go. 

  • @flugel said:

    London actually beat me to it with Hurts.  I've had a sick feeling he's gonna be a Pittsburgh Steeler in round 2, if NE doesn't take him at #23 (or via trade back a little further). And then it was recently mentioned on the NFL Channel or ESPN that Mike Tomlin likes him a lot.  

    I would not be under the impression that him going in round 2 would be  "earlier than expected".   That is about where I would expect him to go. 

    @the-gipper said:

    I would not be under the impression that him going in round 2 would be  "earlier than expected".   That is about where I would expect him to go. 

    Even with all the rankings you've "surveyed"?

    Odd since most of the ones I can recall have him going in the 3rd.

  • @flugel said:

    London actually beat me to it with Hurts.  I've had a sick feeling he's gonna be a Pittsburgh Steeler in round 2, if NE doesn't take him at #23 (or via trade back a little further). And then it was recently mentioned on the NFL Channel or ESPN that Mike Tomlin likes him a lot.  

    I would not be under the impression that him going in round 2 would be  "earlier than expected".   That is about where I would expect him to go. 

    @the-gipper said:

    I would not be under the impression that him going in round 2 would be  "earlier than expected".   That is about where I would expect him to go. 

    In the Athlon Sports' Draft Guide - he's projected in the 4th round.  Although among their QB rankings, he's ranked 8th behind Burrow, Tag, Herbert, Love, Fromm, Eason, and Stanley with a draft projection of 3rd-4th round.  Lindy's Draft Guide has him ranked 7th among QBs - projected for round 4.  Todd McShay has him going somewhere on day 3.  PFF's mock draft has him going at #75 to the Colts, which is in round 3.

    I think I'm okay to conclude late 1st round or anywhere in the 2nd round exceeds a lot of the expectations/projections I've seen for the guy.

  • Well I found an interesting article on undervalued prospects, among whom are Delpit (flug's fav?) and my actual favorite to surprise, Duvernay from UT-Austin.

    https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/LongFormArticle/NFL-Draft-2020-The-undervalued-college-stars-at-each-position-146297164/#146297164_1

  • @flugel said:

    Which prospect will go earlier than most expect. Jalen Hurts

    Makes me want to change my answer... dammit...

    @tour2ma said:

    Makes me want to change my answer... dammit...

    OK... feel a little better about my answer (Murray) now...

    image.png.cc8f72a616a4a2b26556802a58f34490.png

  • @the-gipper said:

    I would not be under the impression that him going in round 2 would be  "earlier than expected".   That is about where I would expect him to go. 

    Even with all the rankings you've "surveyed"?

    Odd since most of the ones I can recall have him going in the 3rd.

    @tour2ma said:

    Even with all the rankings you've "surveyed"?

    Odd since most of the ones I can recall have him going in the 3rd.

    Oh, yes,   I agree that all the rankings have him as a third/4th round talent.    And I agree that he is a 3rd/4th round talent.

    So let me clarify:   I personally would EXPECT him to go as high as the 2d round.   He is a QB,   one with a name, one with a national championship to his resume.    QBs get overdrafted often.    And I suspect one with his creds to be overdrafted. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I would not be under the impression that him going in round 2 would be  "earlier than expected".   That is about where I would expect him to go. 

    In the Athlon Sports' Draft Guide - he's projected in the 4th round.  Although among their QB rankings, he's ranked 8th behind Burrow, Tag, Herbert, Love, Fromm, Eason, and Stanley with a draft projection of 3rd-4th round.  Lindy's Draft Guide has him ranked 7th among QBs - projected for round 4.  Todd McShay has him going somewhere on day 3.  PFF's mock draft has him going at #75 to the Colts, which is in round 3.

    I think I'm okay to conclude late 1st round or anywhere in the 2nd round exceeds a lot of the expectations/projections I've seen for the guy.

    @flugel said:

    In the Athlon Sports' Draft Guide - he's projected in the 4th round.  Although among their QB rankings, he's ranked 8th behind Burrow, Tag, Herbert, Love, Fromm, Eason, and Stanley with a draft projection of 3rd-4th round.  Lindy's Draft Guide has him ranked 7th among QBs - projected for round 4.  Todd McShay has him going somewhere on day 3.  PFF's mock draft has him going at #75 to the Colts, which is in round 3.

    I think I'm okay to conclude late 1st round or anywhere in the 2nd round exceeds a lot of the expectations/projections I've seen for the guy.

    OK, fair enough.     I guess I am saying that it would not surprise me if he goes in round 2.  So maybe that is just another way of saying:   Hurts answers the question:  who will go drafted higher than expected.   

  • @tour2ma said:

    Makes me want to change my answer... dammit...

    London actually beat me to it with Hurts.  I've had a sick feeling he's gonna be a Pittsburgh Steeler in round 2, if NE doesn't take him at #23 (or via trade back a little further). And then it was recently mentioned on the NFL Channel or ESPN that Mike Tomlin likes him a lot.  

    @flugel said:

    London actually beat me to it with Hurts.  I've had a sick feeling he's gonna be a Pittsburgh Steeler in round 2, if NE doesn't take him at #23 (or via trade back a little further). And then it was recently mentioned on the NFL Channel or ESPN that Mike Tomlin likes him a lot.  

    NE in the 1st was a call I made a while back, but if Bill doesn't grab Hurts there, then I have a feeling Dallas might go after him in the 2nd.

    I've already made the Dak 2.0 comment so what better way to put a little pressure on Dak to get a deal done than to draft his clone? Of course they are two picks behind the Steelers, so if Tomlin is interested, then da 'Boys will have to leap frog them to land Hurts.

  • Which prospect will go earlier than most expect


    Which prospect will go later than most expect

    How Many WR's will come off the board in the 1st round

    How many OT's will come off the board in the first round

    Will the Browns trade up or down at least once during the draft

    Will the Browns trade a player for pick(s) or trade pick(s) for a player this week

    Late round sleeper is

    Biggest bust is

    Would you rather swap 10 for Cinci's number 1 pick and probably take Chase Young or Miami's 3 first rounders
     

    @darren15 said:

    How Many WR's will come off the board in the 1st round? Answer: 6

    How many OT's will come off the board in the first round? Answer: 6

  • @flugel said:

    Which prospect will go earlier than most expect. Jalen Hurts

    Makes me want to change my answer... dammit...

    @tour2ma said:

    Makes me want to change my answer... dammit...

    Going in the middle second round now means he didn’t get drafted a lot higher than expected