Skip to content

NFL / Covid Updates

Locked The Browns Board
481 40 12.5k 1
  • Let's do the math. The earth, on average, has about 156,000 deaths per day from all causes. Covid-19 deaths, year to date are 256,377. Today, there have been 126 days, year to date. This amounts to about 2,035 deaths per day, on average. That means that COVID-19 deaths amount to about 1.3% of all global deaths (2,035/156,000). Here is how this compares to WHO data from 2015. These are percentage of total deaths worldwide for each cause.

    Heart disease = 15.5%

    Stroke = 11.1%

    Lower Respiratory Infections = 5.6%

    COPD = 5.6%

    Respiratory Cancers = 3.0%

    Diabetes = 2.8%

    Dementias = 2.7%

    Diarrheal Diseases = 2.7%

    Tuberculosis = 2.4%

    Automobile accidents = 2.4%

    You're twice as likely to die from a motor vehicle accident or from diarrhea than you are to die from COVID-19. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this pandemic.

    Your thoughts?

  • @gorka said:

    Seibert may be that stupid , or it could be Siebert may have intentionally made false and grossly exaggerated comment out of anger and frustration shared by millions of Americans.

    lol..

    You climbed all the way up here from the pit to post this drivel?

    Also, it does not count towards your monthly football related quota.

    @tour2ma said:

    lol..

    You climbed all the way up here from the pit to post this drivel?

    Also, it does not count towards your monthly football related quota.

    Oh look ...a dimwit playin the drivel card because he's too stupid to understand what's being said.

    Either Seibert is really that ignorant, or he was just throwing shit against the wall because he hates or is at odds with the current state of affairs.

    Out of hate for something you never made exaggerations or hurled things you knew may not be true?

    Lets examine one thing Seibert said:

    "This so called 'disease'...contrast that with frustrated Browns fans saying " This so called "pro" football team.  Well we all know that COVID is really a disease and the Browns really are a pro football team.

    Did that help clear things up?

  • @d-bone said:

    PoG and I...... who could've seen this unlikely pairing of minds coming together? 

    Jeez, I fear texting drivers - not only for myself, but for my entire family and friends, far more than I do COVID. 

    According to Princess Newscum, CA is possibly starting to reopen by weeks end, so maybe, just maybe, I can save the family owned business that my hard working, uneducated father launched all by himself 47 years ago...... but I don't know if it's possible. 

    Some people lost a loved one, others will lose everything else.

    I think one thing that may be getting discounted here is that the loss of our livelihoods is far more frightening for some of us than the virus itself. I too am a second generation owner of a family business, and there’s a shit ton of pride in that and an equal amount of concern right now. 

    It’s not just a job or a paycheck. Prior to now it was a fine tuned vehicle through life for myself and my family built through a hellacious amount of time and effort from my father and l over 35 years. 

    It’s deeply personal. It’s my contribution to the world so a lot of my perceived self worth is tied into it. Life is finite, but if we play our cards right we can create things that outlive us and benefit our future generations.

    There are a lot of people’s life’s work at risk right now. It’s frightening and quite the burden for those of us tasked with carrying a torch through these tenuous times. 

    And by and large we get it. Save lives, it’s the right thing to do, yadda yadda. But none of that changes what l would do to get back to the daily grind. Volunteer to get a Covid 19 injection up the ass? Sign me up.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I think one thing that may be getting discounted here is that the loss of our livelihoods is far more frightening for some of us than the virus itself. I too am a second generation owner of a family business, and there’s a shit ton of pride in that and an equal amount of concern right now. 

    It’s not just a job or a paycheck. Prior to now it was a fine tuned vehicle through life for myself and my family built through a hellacious amount of time and effort from my father and l over 35 years. 

    It’s deeply personal. It’s my contribution to the world so a lot of my perceived self worth is tied into it. Life is finite, but if we play our cards right we can create things that outlive us and benefit our future generations.

    There are a lot of people’s life’s work at risk right now. It’s frightening and quite the burden for those of us tasked with carrying a torch through these tenuous times. 

    And by and large we get it. Save lives, it’s the right thing to do, yadda yadda. But none of that changes what l would do to get back to the daily grind. Volunteer to get a Covid 19 injection up the ass? Sign me up.

    You, or your wife or kids or parents could get sick and die......yet  the "loss of your livelihood" is more frightening?  

    THE CORONAVIRUS IS GOING TO KILL US ALL! OR WORSE... MESS WITH THE ...

  • Let's do the math. The earth, on average, has about 156,000 deaths per day from all causes. Covid-19 deaths, year to date are 256,377. Today, there have been 126 days, year to date. This amounts to about 2,035 deaths per day, on average. That means that COVID-19 deaths amount to about 1.3% of all global deaths (2,035/156,000). Here is how this compares to WHO data from 2015. These are percentage of total deaths worldwide for each cause.

    Heart disease = 15.5%

    Stroke = 11.1%

    Lower Respiratory Infections = 5.6%

    COPD = 5.6%

    Respiratory Cancers = 3.0%

    Diabetes = 2.8%

    Dementias = 2.7%

    Diarrheal Diseases = 2.7%

    Tuberculosis = 2.4%

    Automobile accidents = 2.4%

    You're twice as likely to die from a motor vehicle accident or from diarrhea than you are to die from COVID-19. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this pandemic.

    Your thoughts?

    @d-bone said:

    Let's do the math. The earth, on average, has about 156,000 deaths per day from all causes. Covid-19 deaths, year to date are 256,377. Today, there have been 126 days, year to date. This amounts to about 2,035 deaths per day, on average. That means that COVID-19 deaths amount to about 1.3% of all global deaths (2,035/156,000). Here is how this compares to WHO data from 2015. These are percentage of total deaths worldwide for each cause.

    Heart disease = 15.5%

    Stroke = 11.1%

    Lower Respiratory Infections = 5.6%

    COPD = 5.6%

    Respiratory Cancers = 3.0%

    Diabetes = 2.8%

    Dementias = 2.7%

    Diarrheal Diseases = 2.7%

    Tuberculosis = 2.4%

    Automobile accidents = 2.4%

    You're twice as likely to die from a motor vehicle accident or from diarrhea than you are to die from COVID-19. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this pandemic.

    Your thoughts?

    My thoughts?

    I won't forget to put roses on your grave. 

  • @d-bone said:

    Let's do the math. The earth, on average, has about 156,000 deaths per day from all causes. Covid-19 deaths, year to date are 256,377. Today, there have been 126 days, year to date. This amounts to about 2,035 deaths per day, on average. That means that COVID-19 deaths amount to about 1.3% of all global deaths (2,035/156,000). Here is how this compares to WHO data from 2015. These are percentage of total deaths worldwide for each cause.

    Heart disease = 15.5%

    Stroke = 11.1%

    Lower Respiratory Infections = 5.6%

    COPD = 5.6%

    Respiratory Cancers = 3.0%

    Diabetes = 2.8%

    Dementias = 2.7%

    Diarrheal Diseases = 2.7%

    Tuberculosis = 2.4%

    Automobile accidents = 2.4%

    You're twice as likely to die from a motor vehicle accident or from diarrhea than you are to die from COVID-19. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this pandemic.

    Your thoughts?

    My thoughts?

    I won't forget to put roses on your grave. 

    @the-gipper said:

    My thoughts?

    I won't forget to put roses on your grave. 

    I respect the planet. I will be cremated.

    You, or your wife or kids or parents could get sick and die......yet  the "loss of your livelihood" is more frightening?  

    Says the guy getting his payroll deposit twice per month.... then gets his golden handshake for the rest of his life

  • Let's do the math. The earth, on average, has about 156,000 deaths per day from all causes. Covid-19 deaths, year to date are 256,377. Today, there have been 126 days, year to date. This amounts to about 2,035 deaths per day, on average. That means that COVID-19 deaths amount to about 1.3% of all global deaths (2,035/156,000). Here is how this compares to WHO data from 2015. These are percentage of total deaths worldwide for each cause.

    Heart disease = 15.5%

    Stroke = 11.1%

    Lower Respiratory Infections = 5.6%

    COPD = 5.6%

    Respiratory Cancers = 3.0%

    Diabetes = 2.8%

    Dementias = 2.7%

    Diarrheal Diseases = 2.7%

    Tuberculosis = 2.4%

    Automobile accidents = 2.4%

    You're twice as likely to die from a motor vehicle accident or from diarrhea than you are to die from COVID-19. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this pandemic.

    Your thoughts?

    @d-bone said:

    Let's do the math. The earth, on average, has about 156,000 deaths per day from all causes. Covid-19 deaths, year to date are 256,377. Today, there have been 126 days, year to date. This amounts to about 2,035 deaths per day, on average. That means that COVID-19 deaths amount to about 1.3% of all global deaths (2,035/156,000). Here is how this compares to WHO data from 2015. These are percentage of total deaths worldwide for each cause.

    Heart disease = 15.5%

    Stroke = 11.1%

    Lower Respiratory Infections = 5.6%

    COPD = 5.6%

    Respiratory Cancers = 3.0%

    Diabetes = 2.8%

    Dementias = 2.7%

    Diarrheal Diseases = 2.7%

    Tuberculosis = 2.4%

    Automobile accidents = 2.4%

    You're twice as likely to die from a motor vehicle accident or from diarrhea than you are to die from COVID-19. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this pandemic.

    Your thoughts?

    I did the math with Spain weeks ago. Looking at the death count every year, there are 1,200 deaths per day. With coronavirus, we have had 700 deaths per day for some days, and 500 deaths per day for many weeks. And those are the confirmed deaths by COVID, the ones that go to the statistics. 

    In my opinion, when something amounts  for weeks as much the 42% of the normal death toll of a country where social distancing has been mandatory for months, it's scary. Morgues have been overworking.

  • @d-bone said:

    Let's do the math. The earth, on average, has about 156,000 deaths per day from all causes. Covid-19 deaths, year to date are 256,377. Today, there have been 126 days, year to date. This amounts to about 2,035 deaths per day, on average. That means that COVID-19 deaths amount to about 1.3% of all global deaths (2,035/156,000). Here is how this compares to WHO data from 2015. These are percentage of total deaths worldwide for each cause.

    Heart disease = 15.5%

    Stroke = 11.1%

    Lower Respiratory Infections = 5.6%

    COPD = 5.6%

    Respiratory Cancers = 3.0%

    Diabetes = 2.8%

    Dementias = 2.7%

    Diarrheal Diseases = 2.7%

    Tuberculosis = 2.4%

    Automobile accidents = 2.4%

    You're twice as likely to die from a motor vehicle accident or from diarrhea than you are to die from COVID-19. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this pandemic.

    Your thoughts?

    I did the math with Spain weeks ago. Looking at the death count every year, there are 1,200 deaths per day. With coronavirus, we have had 700 deaths per day for some days, and 500 deaths per day for many weeks. And those are the confirmed deaths by COVID, the ones that go to the statistics. 

    In my opinion, when something amounts  for weeks as much the 42% of the normal death toll of a country where social distancing has been mandatory for months, it's scary. Morgues have been overworking.

    @nero said:

    I did the math with Spain weeks ago. Looking at the death count every year, there are 1,200 deaths per day. With coronavirus, we have had 700 deaths per day for some days, and 500 deaths per day for many weeks. And those are the confirmed deaths by COVID, the ones that go to the statistics. 

    In my opinion, when something amounts  for weeks as much the 42% of the normal death toll of a country where social distancing has been mandatory for months, it's scary. Morgues have been overworking.

    Thanks for the input Nero, always much appreciated by you. Those numbers are certainly attention grabbing, no doubt about it. I hope you and yours are all well. 

  • @d-bone said:

    Let's do the math. The earth, on average, has about 156,000 deaths per day from all causes. Covid-19 deaths, year to date are 256,377. Today, there have been 126 days, year to date. This amounts to about 2,035 deaths per day, on average. That means that COVID-19 deaths amount to about 1.3% of all global deaths (2,035/156,000). Here is how this compares to WHO data from 2015. These are percentage of total deaths worldwide for each cause.

    Heart disease = 15.5%

    Stroke = 11.1%

    Lower Respiratory Infections = 5.6%

    COPD = 5.6%

    Respiratory Cancers = 3.0%

    Diabetes = 2.8%

    Dementias = 2.7%

    Diarrheal Diseases = 2.7%

    Tuberculosis = 2.4%

    Automobile accidents = 2.4%

    You're twice as likely to die from a motor vehicle accident or from diarrhea than you are to die from COVID-19. I'm just trying to wrap my head around this pandemic.

    Your thoughts?

    I did the math with Spain weeks ago. Looking at the death count every year, there are 1,200 deaths per day. With coronavirus, we have had 700 deaths per day for some days, and 500 deaths per day for many weeks. And those are the confirmed deaths by COVID, the ones that go to the statistics. 

    In my opinion, when something amounts  for weeks as much the 42% of the normal death toll of a country where social distancing has been mandatory for months, it's scary. Morgues have been overworking.

    @nero said:

    I did the math with Spain weeks ago. Looking at the death count every year, there are 1,200 deaths per day. With coronavirus, we have had 700 deaths per day for some days, and 500 deaths per day for many weeks. And those are the confirmed deaths by COVID, the ones that go to the statistics. 

    In my opinion, when something amounts  for weeks as much the 42% of the normal death toll of a country where social distancing has been mandatory for months, it's scary. Morgues have been overworking.

    That's where the "its just the flu" crowd loses me.

    This is going to kill way more people than "just the regular flu" and that's AFTER the U.S. shut down a huge portion of the country. What would the Covid death totals look like if every thing was still business as usual? 

  • @nero said:

    I did the math with Spain weeks ago. Looking at the death count every year, there are 1,200 deaths per day. With coronavirus, we have had 700 deaths per day for some days, and 500 deaths per day for many weeks. And those are the confirmed deaths by COVID, the ones that go to the statistics. 

    In my opinion, when something amounts  for weeks as much the 42% of the normal death toll of a country where social distancing has been mandatory for months, it's scary. Morgues have been overworking.

    That's where the "its just the flu" crowd loses me.

    This is going to kill way more people than "just the regular flu" and that's AFTER the U.S. shut down a huge portion of the country. What would the Covid death totals look like if every thing was still business as usual? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    That's where the "its just the flu" crowd loses me.

    This is going to kill way more people than "just the regular flu" and that's AFTER the U.S. shut down a huge portion of the country. What would the Covid death totals look like if every thing was still business as usual? 

    That's the thing many protestors and others forget

    "There are barely any deaths from Covid! We need to end social distancing!"

    The deaths are only "low" BECAUSE we're social distancing

  • @nickers said:

    Fuck you... you do the work!

    Why? You wouldn't believe me anyway.

    All the pieces are in the links I posted...

    ... some assembly required.

    @gorka said:

    Oh look ...a dimwit playin the drivel card because he's too stupid to understand what's being said.

    lol... you can't seem to decide whether to condescend or underestimate when it comes to me.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    I think one thing that may be getting discounted here is that the loss of our livelihoods is far more frightening for some of us than the virus itself. I too am a second generation owner of a family business, and there’s a shit ton of pride in that and an equal amount of concern right now. 

    It’s not just a job or a paycheck. Prior to now it was a fine tuned vehicle through life for myself and my family built through a hellacious amount of time and effort from my father and l over 35 years. 

    It’s deeply personal. It’s my contribution to the world so a lot of my perceived self worth is tied into it. Life is finite, but if we play our cards right we can create things that outlive us and benefit our future generations.

    There are a lot of people’s life’s work at risk right now. It’s frightening and quite the burden for those of us tasked with carrying a torch through these tenuous times. 

    And by and large we get it. Save lives, it’s the right thing to do, yadda yadda. But none of that changes what l would do to get back to the daily grind. Volunteer to get a Covid 19 injection up the ass? Sign me up.

    You, or your wife or kids or parents could get sick and die......yet  the "loss of your livelihood" is more frightening?  

    THE CORONAVIRUS IS GOING TO KILL US ALL! OR WORSE... MESS WITH THE ...

    @the-gipper said:

    You, or your wife or kids or parents could get sick and die......yet  the "loss of your livelihood" is more frightening?  

    Top notch comprehension skills there Gip, haha. Yes, that is my “most frightening thing” right now. But it’s just my own most frightening thing and l’m well aware it’s not everyone’s most frightening thing. That’s how society works here. We throw our deepest concerns at one another and/or elected officials and hope for a good middle ground solution.

    My deepest concern is just a part of the equation, but it’s a concern shared by others and is important enough that l would like it to get the levity of consideration that it deserves.

  • PoG and I...... who could've seen this unlikely pairing of minds coming together? 

    Jeez, I fear texting drivers - not only for myself, but for my entire family and friends, far more than I do COVID. 

    According to Princess Newscum, CA is possibly starting to reopen by weeks end, so maybe, just maybe, I can save the family owned business that my hard working, uneducated father launched all by himself 47 years ago...... but I don't know if it's possible. 

    Some people lost a loved one, others will lose everything else.

    @d-bone said:

    According to Princess Newscum, CA is possibly starting to reopen by weeks end, so maybe, just maybe, I can save the family owned business that my hard working, uneducated father launched all by himself 47 years ago...... but I don't know if it's possible. 

    Some people lost a loved one, others will lose everything else.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I think one thing that may be getting discounted here is that the loss of our livelihoods is far more frightening for some of us than the virus itself. I too am a second generation owner of a family business, and there’s a shit ton of pride in that and an equal amount of concern right now.

    I feel for you and others in your situation... truly. Even more so because the programs intended to help see you thru the shut-in are generally not getting to the smallest of the small and will in the end be insufficient at their current levels.

    But reopening isn't the answer... people are not going to come out in sufficient numbers to help... not anytime soon anyway. Reopening will be used as an excuse to end any aid to which you are entitled. You can see this coming from a mile away.

    Then there are the inevitable flare ups that are already emerging. If you don't see them yet... just give it another 10 days.

  • @d-bone said:

    According to Princess Newscum, CA is possibly starting to reopen by weeks end, so maybe, just maybe, I can save the family owned business that my hard working, uneducated father launched all by himself 47 years ago...... but I don't know if it's possible. 

    Some people lost a loved one, others will lose everything else.

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I think one thing that may be getting discounted here is that the loss of our livelihoods is far more frightening for some of us than the virus itself. I too am a second generation owner of a family business, and there’s a shit ton of pride in that and an equal amount of concern right now.

    I feel for you and others in your situation... truly. Even more so because the programs intended to help see you thru the shut-in are generally not getting to the smallest of the small and will in the end be insufficient at their current levels.

    But reopening isn't the answer... people are not going to come out in sufficient numbers to help... not anytime soon anyway. Reopening will be used as an excuse to end any aid to which you are entitled. You can see this coming from a mile away.

    Then there are the inevitable flare ups that are already emerging. If you don't see them yet... just give it another 10 days.

    @tour2ma said:

    I feel for you and others in your situation... truly. Even more so because the programs intended to help see you thru the shut-in are generally not getting to the smallest of the small and will in the end be insufficient at their current levels.

    But reopening isn't the answer... people are not going to come out in sufficient numbers to help... not anytime soon anyway. Reopening will be used as an excuse to end any aid to which you are entitled. You can see this coming from a mile away.

    Then there are the inevitable flare ups that are already emerging. If you don't see them yet... just give it another 10 days.

    Thanks T, much appreciated. 

    As you might know, my daughter is a 3rd year DPT student in Melbourne Australia - graduating in December, and we have good discussions about this all of the time. She being a medical, science professional has many good points of view from the side that a lot of people like yourself are on, and she always gets me to say "Yea, I never thought of it that way."

    Last night we discussed the math/death causes that I posted here yesterday, and not only was she not surprised at all by the numbers, but she had a lightening quick response as to why they are different..... "Someone can't touch something that you then touch and give you heart disease or a car accident." Leave it to my 25yr old millennial to be the first to answer the question, and do so in a way that made me say "hmmmm, I never saw it like that."

    Now for some fun stuff that I asked her and you have to search your soul and look in the mirror to answer truthfully......

    I simply asked her, "What if the cure, prevention, vaccine is either decades away, or in fact never comes...... is this our new life?"

    She immediately said, "Oh hell no!!" So I asked her if she meant that "eventually, the planet would have to open up again, so everyone who is lucky enough to exist on it, actually has a life that is worth living?" and she paused for a bit and softly said "yes.'"

    I then pointed out that with that decision, she is now exactly where I am today, but by pushing it off to the 3rd shutdown in 4 years, or the 13th shutdown in 15 years, she is then saying, "Sorry everyone, we tried, lord knows we tried, but now we all have to live our lives and if some of you don't make it, well you don't." 

    She then said "hmmmm, I never saw it like that."

    I know some brainiac is going to pipe in this thread and say "oh, that will never happen, we will 100% have a vaccine", and to that future poster - lookin' at you Peeps, I say the same thing I say to OBJ.... Show me on the field.

    Until then, it's just blah, blah, blah. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    I feel for you and others in your situation... truly. Even more so because the programs intended to help see you thru the shut-in are generally not getting to the smallest of the small and will in the end be insufficient at their current levels.

    But reopening isn't the answer... people are not going to come out in sufficient numbers to help... not anytime soon anyway. Reopening will be used as an excuse to end any aid to which you are entitled. You can see this coming from a mile away.

    Then there are the inevitable flare ups that are already emerging. If you don't see them yet... just give it another 10 days.

    Thanks T, much appreciated. 

    As you might know, my daughter is a 3rd year DPT student in Melbourne Australia - graduating in December, and we have good discussions about this all of the time. She being a medical, science professional has many good points of view from the side that a lot of people like yourself are on, and she always gets me to say "Yea, I never thought of it that way."

    Last night we discussed the math/death causes that I posted here yesterday, and not only was she not surprised at all by the numbers, but she had a lightening quick response as to why they are different..... "Someone can't touch something that you then touch and give you heart disease or a car accident." Leave it to my 25yr old millennial to be the first to answer the question, and do so in a way that made me say "hmmmm, I never saw it like that."

    Now for some fun stuff that I asked her and you have to search your soul and look in the mirror to answer truthfully......

    I simply asked her, "What if the cure, prevention, vaccine is either decades away, or in fact never comes...... is this our new life?"

    She immediately said, "Oh hell no!!" So I asked her if she meant that "eventually, the planet would have to open up again, so everyone who is lucky enough to exist on it, actually has a life that is worth living?" and she paused for a bit and softly said "yes.'"

    I then pointed out that with that decision, she is now exactly where I am today, but by pushing it off to the 3rd shutdown in 4 years, or the 13th shutdown in 15 years, she is then saying, "Sorry everyone, we tried, lord knows we tried, but now we all have to live our lives and if some of you don't make it, well you don't." 

    She then said "hmmmm, I never saw it like that."

    I know some brainiac is going to pipe in this thread and say "oh, that will never happen, we will 100% have a vaccine", and to that future poster - lookin' at you Peeps, I say the same thing I say to OBJ.... Show me on the field.

    Until then, it's just blah, blah, blah. 

    @d-bone said:

    Thanks T, much appreciated. 

    As you might know, my daughter is a 3rd year DPT student in Melbourne Australia - graduating in December, and we have good discussions about this all of the time. She being a medical, science professional has many good points of view from the side that a lot of people like yourself are on, and she always gets me to say "Yea, I never thought of it that way."

    Last night we discussed the math/death causes that I posted here yesterday, and not only was she not surprised at all by the numbers, but she had a lightening quick response as to why they are different..... "Someone can't touch something that you then touch and give you heart disease or a car accident." Leave it to my 25yr old millennial to be the first to answer the question, and do so in a way that made me say "hmmmm, I never saw it like that."

    Now for some fun stuff that I asked her and you have to search your soul and look in the mirror to answer truthfully......

    I simply asked her, "What if the cure, prevention, vaccine is either decades away, or in fact never comes...... is this our new life?"

    She immediately said, "Oh hell no!!" So I asked her if she meant that "eventually, the planet would have to open up again, so everyone who is lucky enough to exist on it, actually has a life that is worth living?" and she paused for a bit and softly said "yes.'"

    I then pointed out that with that decision, she is now exactly where I am today, but by pushing it off to the 3rd shutdown in 4 years, or the 13th shutdown in 15 years, she is then saying, "Sorry everyone, we tried, lord know we tried, but now we all have to live our lives and if some of you don't make it, well you don't." 

    She then said "hmmmm, I never saw it like that."

    I know some brainiac is going to pipe in this thread and say "oh, that will never happen, we will 100% have a vaccine", and to that future poster - lookin' at you Peeps, I say the same thing I say to OBJ.... Show me on the field.

    Until then, it's just blah, blah, blah. 

    Well, the scientists are pretty certain they will come up with a vaccine.  

    But,  there have been diseases that ravished the planet for long, long times.   The bubonic plague wiped out  one-third of the population of Europe.  Smallpox certainly did its damage, especially when it was introduced to North America and into the native American population.   (by the way....it ws not unknown that such a tactic to have been done purposely by Euro settlers).

    I don't know...maybe this "herd immunity" thing will kick in, as perhaps it did with the plague (they never developed a vaccine in the middle ages).  I don't think it ever developed with small pox.   I think they came up with a vaccine for that. In the mean time, the concept that we should just all "go about our usual lives" and accept the sacrifices that it will take to develop the herd immunity is fine.     I am willing to allow you to be one of those sacrifices if you wish 😮  (jk, not really).   I CAN think of some people that I would be willing to sacrifice however.....those carrying Nazi and Confederate flags at these so called rallies. 

    By the way, cool that your daughter is studying in Australia.    Does she plan to stay there? 

  • @d-bone said:

    Thanks T, much appreciated. 

    As you might know, my daughter is a 3rd year DPT student in Melbourne Australia - graduating in December, and we have good discussions about this all of the time. She being a medical, science professional has many good points of view from the side that a lot of people like yourself are on, and she always gets me to say "Yea, I never thought of it that way."

    Last night we discussed the math/death causes that I posted here yesterday, and not only was she not surprised at all by the numbers, but she had a lightening quick response as to why they are different..... "Someone can't touch something that you then touch and give you heart disease or a car accident." Leave it to my 25yr old millennial to be the first to answer the question, and do so in a way that made me say "hmmmm, I never saw it like that."

    Now for some fun stuff that I asked her and you have to search your soul and look in the mirror to answer truthfully......

    I simply asked her, "What if the cure, prevention, vaccine is either decades away, or in fact never comes...... is this our new life?"

    She immediately said, "Oh hell no!!" So I asked her if she meant that "eventually, the planet would have to open up again, so everyone who is lucky enough to exist on it, actually has a life that is worth living?" and she paused for a bit and softly said "yes.'"

    I then pointed out that with that decision, she is now exactly where I am today, but by pushing it off to the 3rd shutdown in 4 years, or the 13th shutdown in 15 years, she is then saying, "Sorry everyone, we tried, lord know we tried, but now we all have to live our lives and if some of you don't make it, well you don't." 

    She then said "hmmmm, I never saw it like that."

    I know some brainiac is going to pipe in this thread and say "oh, that will never happen, we will 100% have a vaccine", and to that future poster - lookin' at you Peeps, I say the same thing I say to OBJ.... Show me on the field.

    Until then, it's just blah, blah, blah. 

    Well, the scientists are pretty certain they will come up with a vaccine.  

    But,  there have been diseases that ravished the planet for long, long times.   The bubonic plague wiped out  one-third of the population of Europe.  Smallpox certainly did its damage, especially when it was introduced to North America and into the native American population.   (by the way....it ws not unknown that such a tactic to have been done purposely by Euro settlers).

    I don't know...maybe this "herd immunity" thing will kick in, as perhaps it did with the plague (they never developed a vaccine in the middle ages).  I don't think it ever developed with small pox.   I think they came up with a vaccine for that. In the mean time, the concept that we should just all "go about our usual lives" and accept the sacrifices that it will take to develop the herd immunity is fine.     I am willing to allow you to be one of those sacrifices if you wish 😮  (jk, not really).   I CAN think of some people that I would be willing to sacrifice however.....those carrying Nazi and Confederate flags at these so called rallies. 

    By the way, cool that your daughter is studying in Australia.    Does she plan to stay there? 

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, the scientists are pretty certain they will come up with a vaccine.  

    But,  there have been diseases that ravished the planet for long, long times.   The bubonic plague wiped out  one-third of the population of Europe.  Smallpox certainly did its damage, especially when it was introduced to North America and into the native American population.   (by the way....it ws not unknown that such a tactic to have been done purposely by Euro settlers).

    I don't know...maybe this "herd immunity" thing will kick in, as perhaps it did with the plague (they never developed a vaccine in the middle ages).  I don't think it ever developed with small pox.   I think they came up with a vaccine for that. In the mean time, the concept that we should just all "go about our usual lives" and accept the sacrifices that it will take to develop the herd immunity is fine.     I am willing to allow you to be one of those sacrifices if you wish 😮  (jk, not really).   I CAN think of some people that I would be willing to sacrifice however.....those carrying Nazi and Confederate flags at these so called rallies. 

    By the way, cool that your daughter is studying in Australia.    Does she plan to stay there? 

    Good answer.. thanks! Man, that's a whole other fear I have, and one that forces me to take a Lorazopame at bedtime. She loves it there and has had a boyfriend there since she first studied abroad during her undergrad junior year. She says she is coming home, but I think she just hasn't admitted to herself yet that she is not.

    That right there is the biggest bummer in my life, and our business situation and virus don't even sniff the bottom of that pain and fear's shoes. I'm proud as hell though, so it's a really weird group of feelings to wade through..... but that's what my Crazy Pill is for.

  • A somewhat interesting read on the history of the largest pandemics in history.  

    https://www.history.com/news/pandemics-end-plague-cholera-black-death-smallpox

    Just a few notes:  

    A.  As stated in prior post, the Black Death took up to a third of Europe's populace.

    B. The Black Plague really never went away in Britain...It apparently would resurface like every 20 years.    The only effective way they had to combat it:  quarantine.

    C.  In the first century after Europeans began arriving, smallpox   killed of  90% of the population of the native peoples living in what is now Mexico. 

    D. Cholera was the third big killer.  Mostly from contaminated drinking water. 

  • A somewhat interesting read on the history of the largest pandemics in history.  

    https://www.history.com/news/pandemics-end-plague-cholera-black-death-smallpox

    Just a few notes:  

    A.  As stated in prior post, the Black Death took up to a third of Europe's populace.

    B. The Black Plague really never went away in Britain...It apparently would resurface like every 20 years.    The only effective way they had to combat it:  quarantine.

    C.  In the first century after Europeans began arriving, smallpox   killed of  90% of the population of the native peoples living in what is now Mexico. 

    D. Cholera was the third big killer.  Mostly from contaminated drinking water. 

    @the-gipper said:

    B. The Black Plague really never went away in Britain...It apparently would resurface like every 20 years.    The only effective way they had to combat it:  quarantine.

    The Black Plague had to do with low higiene, so when people started having anti bodies and they started to use masks etc to threat the ill people and quarantine them, then the virus had less bodies to move around, became practicslly unexistant. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    I feel for you and others in your situation... truly. Even more so because the programs intended to help see you thru the shut-in are generally not getting to the smallest of the small and will in the end be insufficient at their current levels.

    But reopening isn't the answer... people are not going to come out in sufficient numbers to help... not anytime soon anyway. Reopening will be used as an excuse to end any aid to which you are entitled. You can see this coming from a mile away.

    Then there are the inevitable flare ups that are already emerging. If you don't see them yet... just give it another 10 days.

    Thanks T, much appreciated. 

    As you might know, my daughter is a 3rd year DPT student in Melbourne Australia - graduating in December, and we have good discussions about this all of the time. She being a medical, science professional has many good points of view from the side that a lot of people like yourself are on, and she always gets me to say "Yea, I never thought of it that way."

    Last night we discussed the math/death causes that I posted here yesterday, and not only was she not surprised at all by the numbers, but she had a lightening quick response as to why they are different..... "Someone can't touch something that you then touch and give you heart disease or a car accident." Leave it to my 25yr old millennial to be the first to answer the question, and do so in a way that made me say "hmmmm, I never saw it like that."

    Now for some fun stuff that I asked her and you have to search your soul and look in the mirror to answer truthfully......

    I simply asked her, "What if the cure, prevention, vaccine is either decades away, or in fact never comes...... is this our new life?"

    She immediately said, "Oh hell no!!" So I asked her if she meant that "eventually, the planet would have to open up again, so everyone who is lucky enough to exist on it, actually has a life that is worth living?" and she paused for a bit and softly said "yes.'"

    I then pointed out that with that decision, she is now exactly where I am today, but by pushing it off to the 3rd shutdown in 4 years, or the 13th shutdown in 15 years, she is then saying, "Sorry everyone, we tried, lord knows we tried, but now we all have to live our lives and if some of you don't make it, well you don't." 

    She then said "hmmmm, I never saw it like that."

    I know some brainiac is going to pipe in this thread and say "oh, that will never happen, we will 100% have a vaccine", and to that future poster - lookin' at you Peeps, I say the same thing I say to OBJ.... Show me on the field.

    Until then, it's just blah, blah, blah. 

    @d-bone said:

    I simply asked her, "What if the cure, prevention, vaccine is either decades away, or in fact never comes...... is this our new life?"

    She immediately said, "Oh hell no!!" So I asked her if she meant that "eventually, the planet would have to open up again, so everyone who is lucky enough to exist on it, actually has a life that is worth living?" and she paused for a bit and softly said "yes.'"

    I then pointed out that with that decision, she is now exactly where I am today, but by pushing it off to the 3rd shutdown in 4 years, or the 13th shutdown in 15 years, she is then saying, "Sorry everyone, we tried, lord knows we tried, but now we all have to live our lives and if some of you don't make it, well you don't." 

    Quoting myself... George would be proud. 

    I just wanted to add that I only asked her the above, not to prove that I was right and she was wrong - or vice versa, but simply just to point out that in the end, we really aren't that different after all.

    Here's to hoping we all get back to our normal lives soon, and everyone's family and friends are healthy.This thing has taken way too much positive energy from my soul, and for that I say, Fuck You Corona.

    More like it from me............

       Racooooon.jpg

  • @nickers said:

    Read the fucking label dexter!!...... 

    You mean the part where it says, "Misuse"?

    You do not know what you are talking about.... so stop.

    image.png.af0d822be85c96baf13a3f107ae7a7cd.png

    And posting unrelated rantings does not help you look less stupid.

    @tour2ma said:

    You mean the part where it says, "Misuse"?

    You do not know what you are talking about.... so stop.

    image.png.af0d822be85c96baf13a3f107ae7a7cd.png

    And posting unrelated rantings does not help you look less stupid.

    I never get tired of that idiot getting owned.