Skip to content

Chubb at GA

The Browns Board
33 10 772 1
  • @the-gipper said:

    Except that  the Big Ten Conference academic wise is considered quite  long way ahead of the SEC, though the Pac 12 has a good Academic Reputation.    Just for shits and giggles, I looked up where the schools in each of those 3 conferences rated on a World Wide basis of respected academic institutions,  and here are those world wide rankings, color coded based on conference.  Blue for Pac 12,  Red for Big Ten, Green for SEC

    I've seen various ratings like this in the past no big surprise and. GO BIG TEN !

    Now I wouldn't want to make a run against the IVY LEAGUE on the books.

    Nice too that Ohio State is up there with Alabama in football talent on the field.

    @mjp28 said:

    I've seen various ratings like this in the past no big surprise and. GO BIG TEN !

    Now I wouldn't want to make a run against the IVY LEAGUE on the books.

    Nice too that Ohio State is up there with Alabama in football talent on the field.

    Number of schools in the Top 200 per each conf.:

    Big Ten:  12

    Pac 12:   8

    ACC:  5

    SEC: 3

    Big 12:   1

    Ivy League school rankings:

    6. Princeton

    7. Harvard

    8. Yale

    11.  Penn

    16. Columbia

    19. Cornell

    53. Brown

    94. Dartmouth

    FYI....this ranking had   Cal Tech,  Stanford, and MIT rated above any of the Ivy League schools. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Just to up the collective GPA of the SEC... like Northwestern for the Big Ten.

    Except that  the Big Ten Conference academic wise is considered quite  long way ahead of the SEC, though the Pac 12 has a good Academic Reputation.    Just for shits and giggles, I looked up where the schools in each of those 3 conferences rated on a World Wide basis of respected academic institutions,  and here are those world wide rankings, color coded based on conference.  Blue for Pac 12,  Red for Big Ten, Green for SEC

    4. Stanford

    13. Cal-Berkely

    17. UCLA

    21. Michigan

    22. Northwestern

    48. Illinois

    51. Wisconsin

    62. USC

    70. Ohio State

    78. Penn St.

    79. Minnesota

    84. Michigan St.

    88. Purdue

    91. Maryland

    104. Arizona

    116. Vanderbilt

    124. Colorado

    130. Washington

    134. Indiana

    155. Arizona St.

    168. Rutgers

    175. Florida

    178. Texas A&M

    Between 201 and 250: Iowa,   Utah

    Between 251-300:  Oregon

    Between 301 and 250:  Tennessee

    Between 351 and 400:  Oregon St. and Washington St.

    Between 401 and 500:  Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina,  Nebraska

    Not rated in the top 500: Auburn, Mississippi,   Miss. St., LSU, Arkansas,  

    https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2020/world-ranking#!/page/20/length/25/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

    @the-gipper said:

    Except that  the Big Ten Conference academic wise is considered quite  long way ahead of the SEC, though the Pac 12 has a good Academic Reputation.    Just for shits and giggles, I looked up where the schools in each of those 3 conferences rated on a World Wide basis of respected academic institutions,  and here are those world wide rankings, color coded based on conference.  Blue for Pac 12,  Red for Big Ten, Green for SEC

    4. Stanford

    13. Cal-Berkely

    17. UCLA

    21. Michigan

    22. Northwestern

    48. Illinois

    51. Wisconsin

    62. USC

    70. Ohio State

    78. Penn St.

    79. Minnesota

    84. Michigan St.

    88. Purdue

    91. Maryland

    104. Arizona

    116. Vanderbilt

    124. Colorado

    130. Washington

    134. Indiana

    155. Arizona St.

    168. Rutgers

    175. Florida

    178. Texas A&M

    Between 201 and 250: Iowa,   Utah

    Between 251-300:  Oregon

    Between 301 and 250:  Tennessee

    Between 351 and 400:  Oregon St. and Washington St.

    Between 401 and 500:  Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina,  Nebraska

    Not rated in the top 500: Auburn, Mississippi,   Miss. St., LSU, Arkansas,  

    https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2020/world-ranking#!/page/20/length/25/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

    Ok, cool.   If I am looking for a MD, I am probably looking towards Duke, Stanford, or one of the Ivey's.  If I am looking for a football player, I am checking the SEC first.

    This takes a genius to figure out?

    I graduated from Florida Law.  It has a good reputation.  To be honest, I am not sure I like your tone.

    Just saying

  • Holy crap, I'm not shocked that southern universities graded poorly, but that's sad. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Holy crap, I'm not shocked that southern universities graded poorly, but that's sad. 

    Yea but the SEC grades well in caving northern conferences faces in playing football. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Except that  the Big Ten Conference academic wise is considered quite  long way ahead of the SEC, though the Pac 12 has a good Academic Reputation.    Just for shits and giggles, I looked up where the schools in each of those 3 conferences rated on a World Wide basis of respected academic institutions,  and here are those world wide rankings, color coded based on conference.  Blue for Pac 12,  Red for Big Ten, Green for SEC

    4. Stanford

    13. Cal-Berkely

    17. UCLA

    21. Michigan

    22. Northwestern

    48. Illinois

    51. Wisconsin

    62. USC

    70. Ohio State

    78. Penn St.

    79. Minnesota

    84. Michigan St.

    88. Purdue

    91. Maryland

    104. Arizona

    116. Vanderbilt

    124. Colorado

    130. Washington

    134. Indiana

    155. Arizona St.

    168. Rutgers

    175. Florida

    178. Texas A&M

    Between 201 and 250: Iowa,   Utah

    Between 251-300:  Oregon

    Between 301 and 250:  Tennessee

    Between 351 and 400:  Oregon St. and Washington St.

    Between 401 and 500:  Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina,  Nebraska

    Not rated in the top 500: Auburn, Mississippi,   Miss. St., LSU, Arkansas,  

    https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2020/world-ranking#!/page/20/length/25/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

    Ok, cool.   If I am looking for a MD, I am probably looking towards Duke, Stanford, or one of the Ivey's.  If I am looking for a football player, I am checking the SEC first.

    This takes a genius to figure out?

    I graduated from Florida Law.  It has a good reputation.  To be honest, I am not sure I like your tone.

    Just saying

    @ballpeen said:

    Ok, cool.   If I am looking for a MD, I am probably looking towards Duke, Stanford, or one of the Ivey's.  If I am looking for a football player, I am checking the SEC first.

    This takes a genius to figure out?

    I graduated from Florida Law.  It has a good reputation.  To be honest, I am not sure I like your tone.

    Just saying

    The question had to do with Vanderbilt being in the SEC where Dutch  said that it was there to "bring up the GPA" of the conference, just as Northwestern is in the Big Ten to bring up its "GPA".....so I started checking out the data......and the above is what I found.  I did not know what the result of the data was going to be, (though honestly I did suspect that the Big 10 would rank out higher overall). But I did just give the data. So don't blame me....blame the data. (note I also said that you may have to take these rankings...and all rankings of this sort... with a grain of salt).

    And I am aware that FLA.  law has a good rep.   (almost as good as  Cleveland-Marshall...😆😛

    (actually....US News and World Report ranks   Fla.  at #48,   CSU at #106) 

    http://schools.lawschoolnumbers.com/rankings/us-news-report-law-school-rankings

    (as for a Doctor...I would reccommend  Johns Hopkins or the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Holy crap, I'm not shocked that southern universities graded poorly, but that's sad. 

    Yea but the SEC grades well in caving northern conferences faces in playing football. 

    @icecube said:

    Yea but the SEC grades well in caving northern conferences faces in playing football. 

    Fascinating, I guess?.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Holy crap, I'm not shocked that southern universities graded poorly, but that's sad. 

    Yea but the SEC grades well in caving northern conferences faces in playing football. 

    @icecube said:

    Yea but the SEC grades well in caving northern conferences faces in playing football. 

    Northern conferences?  You mean like the MAC  or the Missouri Valley conference?  You are probably right there. 

  • @icecube said:

    Yea but the SEC grades well in caving northern conferences faces in playing football. 

    Northern conferences?  You mean like the MAC  or the Missouri Valley conference?  You are probably right there. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Northern conferences?  You mean like the MAC  or the Missouri Valley conference?  You are probably right there. 

    OK, the top SEC team is playing the top big 10 team, what are the odds SEC tops them?

  • @the-gipper said:

    Northern conferences?  You mean like the MAC  or the Missouri Valley conference?  You are probably right there. 

    OK, the top SEC team is playing the top big 10 team, what are the odds SEC tops them?

    @icecube said:

    OK, the top SEC team is playing the top big 10 team, what are the odds SEC tops them?

    50/50

  • @the-gipper said:

    Northern conferences?  You mean like the MAC  or the Missouri Valley conference?  You are probably right there. 

    OK, the top SEC team is playing the top big 10 team, what are the odds SEC tops them?

    @icecube said:

    OK, the top SEC team is playing the top big 10 team, what are the odds SEC tops them?

    I believe that the SEC has a different set of standards when it comes to grades and football players than most other conferences.

    Top SEC versus B10 I'd go with the B10 over the SEC and most P5 schools.

  • @icecube said:

    OK, the top SEC team is playing the top big 10 team, what are the odds SEC tops them?

    50/50

  • @icecube said:

    https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/college-football-national-championship-history

    A little less than 50-50

    The Top Team in the Big Ten is THE Ohio State University.  I would give them a 50/50 chance against any team in the nation,  SEC or otherwise. 

    You asked what I thought  would happen if the Top Big Ten Team would play the Top SEC team....not what did happen in the past.  (If that is what you wanted, you should have framed your question differently)   I asumed you were talking going forward.  I will take my chances on Ohio State at 50/50 any time.  

  • @icecube said:

    https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/college-football-national-championship-history

    A little less than 50-50

    The Top Team in the Big Ten is THE Ohio State University.  I would give them a 50/50 chance against any team in the nation,  SEC or otherwise. 

    You asked what I thought  would happen if the Top Big Ten Team would play the Top SEC team....not what did happen in the past.  (If that is what you wanted, you should have framed your question differently)   I asumed you were talking going forward.  I will take my chances on Ohio State at 50/50 any time.  

    @the-gipper said:

    The Top Team in the Big Ten is THE Ohio State University.  I would give them a 50/50 chance against any team in the nation,  SEC or otherwise. 

    You asked what I thought  would happen if the Top Big Ten Team would play the Top SEC team....not what did happen in the past.  (If that is what you wanted, you should have framed your question differently)   I asumed you were talking going forward.  I will take my chances on Ohio State at 50/50 any time.  

    Recent history says you are wrong. OSU losses to top SEC teams is the the norm. OSU beats the weak big 10 teams and what happens when they face the Alabamas of the world? They get their chicklets knocked out. Frame that question. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    The Top Team in the Big Ten is THE Ohio State University.  I would give them a 50/50 chance against any team in the nation,  SEC or otherwise. 

    You asked what I thought  would happen if the Top Big Ten Team would play the Top SEC team....not what did happen in the past.  (If that is what you wanted, you should have framed your question differently)   I asumed you were talking going forward.  I will take my chances on Ohio State at 50/50 any time.  

    Recent history says you are wrong. OSU losses to top SEC teams is the the norm. OSU beats the weak big 10 teams and what happens when they face the Alabamas of the world? They get their chicklets knocked out. Frame that question. 

    @icecube said:

    Recent history says you are wrong. OSU losses to top SEC teams is the the norm. OSU beats the weak big 10 teams and what happens when they face the Alabamas of the world? They get their chicklets knocked out. Frame that question. 

    Except of course they beat Alabama the last two times they played them including in the CFP