Skip to content

What are the chances Greedy turns out?

The Browns Board
84 14 2.5k
  • I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #1

    It would be outstanding for the Browns if Ward takes the next step and Greedy turned out to be a legit NFL top flight CB himself. They signed Joseph as S and the DL appears solid. If the CBs turned out to be as good as hoped for, LB is the only real weak spot on the team (assuming Baker is legit). 

    But do you think Greedy will develop into a legit CB? A lot is riding on it. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Sure. 

  • Sure. 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @the-gipper said:

    Sure. 

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2824237-greedy-williams-nfl-draft-2019-scouting-report-for-cleveland-browns-pick

    Do you feel he has lived up (and/or down) to his pre-draft profile?

    Good size and speed, but weak in quickness and being physical.  

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #4

    I never screamed louder at my TV set while watching a Jim O'Neil's browns defense.. no angles nor wrap tackling techs..we were the worst tackling team by miles..

    till...Along came Gregg Williams.... Was the best tackling improvement I'd ever seen?

    Along comes Steve Wilks....and were back to no heads around with ball in air & soft over pursuit arm tackling was back... 

    if Joe Woods has proven one thing? He took Talib/Harris & or R.Sherman... and a bunch of no name young DB's, to a top 5 unit in passing against/game...9'ers were ranked #1 last season while Robert Saleh took most the credit...but Joe Woods was the 9'ers secondary coach...

    Woods has proven everywhere he can coach...Does Ward & Greedy & others want to accept the NFL coaching is a whole different thing?.. and maybe Ward did listen to Gregg Williams about "getting trucked in this league" ?   

    as for Greedy? he didn't seem to play scared when it came to breaking down & tackling...but with that frame? target taking the wheels out..  

  • TypicalBrowns50T TypicalBrowns50 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Greedy is like Ward, can’t stay healthy. Greedy had an “ok” rookie season but nothing special. Injuries aside I think he will be decent. They still got Money Mitchell as the 3rd option and I think the dude is better than Greedy

  • @the-gipper said:

    Sure. 

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2824237-greedy-williams-nfl-draft-2019-scouting-report-for-cleveland-browns-pick

    Do you feel he has lived up (and/or down) to his pre-draft profile?

    Good size and speed, but weak in quickness and being physical.  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @icecube said:

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2824237-greedy-williams-nfl-draft-2019-scouting-report-for-cleveland-browns-pick

    Do you feel he has lived up (and/or down) to his pre-draft profile?

    Good size and speed, but weak in quickness and being physical.  

    Sure.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #7

    The book on Greedy is he is good in man coverage.  We didn't play much of that last year.  I think he will be fine.

  • Greedy is like Ward, can’t stay healthy. Greedy had an “ok” rookie season but nothing special. Injuries aside I think he will be decent. They still got Money Mitchell as the 3rd option and I think the dude is better than Greedy

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @typicalbrowns50 said:

    Greedy is like Ward, can’t stay healthy.

    I agree. 

    I wasn't too impressed with him last year.  But we probably have to throw out last year because everybody believed the hype and didn't work/prepare like they should have.

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Greedy stunk as a rookie IMHO. Let's hope he steps it up with his buddy Delpit on the team.

  • Greedy is like Ward, can’t stay healthy. Greedy had an “ok” rookie season but nothing special. Injuries aside I think he will be decent. They still got Money Mitchell as the 3rd option and I think the dude is better than Greedy

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @typicalbrowns50 said:

    Greedy is like Ward, can’t stay healthy. Greedy had an “ok” rookie season but nothing special. Injuries aside I think he will be decent. They still got Money Mitchell as the 3rd option and I think the dude is better than Greedy

    "Stay healthy" the thing that separates super stars from the "good but" guys in tackle football.

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #11

    I thought teams went at him last year.  He held his own sometimes and got beat others. 

    I think we can rule out that He’s no Justin Gilbert.  I don’t think We can determine whether or not he has some Pro Bowl years ahead of himself.

    there were games that I thought he came up and filled and tackled better than he played in coverage - which was supposed to be the opposite. 

    Anyone have his PFF number last year?

  • I thought teams went at him last year.  He held his own sometimes and got beat others. 

    I think we can rule out that He’s no Justin Gilbert.  I don’t think We can determine whether or not he has some Pro Bowl years ahead of himself.

    there were games that I thought he came up and filled and tackled better than he played in coverage - which was supposed to be the opposite. 

    Anyone have his PFF number last year?

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I thought teams went at him last year.  He held his own sometimes and got beat others. 

    I think we can rule out that He’s no Justin Gilbert.  I don’t think We can determine whether or not he has some Pro Bowl years ahead of himself.

    How was Justin Gilbert such a huge bust? He was terrible. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I thought teams went at him last year.  He held his own sometimes and got beat others. 

    I think we can rule out that He’s no Justin Gilbert.  I don’t think We can determine whether or not he has some Pro Bowl years ahead of himself.

    How was Justin Gilbert such a huge bust? He was terrible. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #13

    @icecube said:

    How was Justin Gilbert such a huge bust? He was terrible. 

    Are you asking How...or Why.  The How...you answered....he was terrible.  The why is more of a mystery because he seemed to have the physical talent, but he completely had no heart or head for the game is my only guess. 

  • @icecube said:

    How was Justin Gilbert such a huge bust? He was terrible. 

    Are you asking How...or Why.  The How...you answered....he was terrible.  The why is more of a mystery because he seemed to have the physical talent, but he completely had no heart or head for the game is my only guess. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @the-gipper said:

    Are you asking How...or Why.  The How...you answered....he was terrible.  The why is more of a mystery because he seemed to have the physical talent, but he completely had no heart or head for the game is my only guess. 

    I remember Brandon Weeden saying something along the lines of "Well, if the Browns had bothered to ask me about him, they probably wouldn't have drafted him..."

  • @the-gipper said:

    Are you asking How...or Why.  The How...you answered....he was terrible.  The why is more of a mystery because he seemed to have the physical talent, but he completely had no heart or head for the game is my only guess. 

    I remember Brandon Weeden saying something along the lines of "Well, if the Browns had bothered to ask me about him, they probably wouldn't have drafted him..."

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @dutch-oven said:

    I remember Brandon Weeden saying something along the lines of "Well, if the Browns had bothered to ask me about him, they probably wouldn't have drafted him..."

    Of course, he could have been talking about himself. 😆

  • @the-gipper said:

    Are you asking How...or Why.  The How...you answered....he was terrible.  The why is more of a mystery because he seemed to have the physical talent, but he completely had no heart or head for the game is my only guess. 

    I remember Brandon Weeden saying something along the lines of "Well, if the Browns had bothered to ask me about him, they probably wouldn't have drafted him..."

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @dutch-oven said:

    I remember Brandon Weeden saying something along the lines of "Well, if the Browns had bothered to ask me about him, they probably wouldn't have drafted him..."

    Jokes on the Weedster... had the Browns bothered to ask me about him, they wouldn't have drafted him either.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I remember Brandon Weeden saying something along the lines of "Well, if the Browns had bothered to ask me about him, they probably wouldn't have drafted him..."

    Jokes on the Weedster... had the Browns bothered to ask me about him, they wouldn't have drafted him either.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @tiamat63 said:

    Jokes on the Weedster... had the Browns bothered to ask me about him, they wouldn't have drafted him either.

    There could have been a book or miniseries on the BROWNS bust draft picks.

    Hopefully that is changing and for good.

  • I never screamed louder at my TV set while watching a Jim O'Neil's browns defense.. no angles nor wrap tackling techs..we were the worst tackling team by miles..

    till...Along came Gregg Williams.... Was the best tackling improvement I'd ever seen?

    Along comes Steve Wilks....and were back to no heads around with ball in air & soft over pursuit arm tackling was back... 

    if Joe Woods has proven one thing? He took Talib/Harris & or R.Sherman... and a bunch of no name young DB's, to a top 5 unit in passing against/game...9'ers were ranked #1 last season while Robert Saleh took most the credit...but Joe Woods was the 9'ers secondary coach...

    Woods has proven everywhere he can coach...Does Ward & Greedy & others want to accept the NFL coaching is a whole different thing?.. and maybe Ward did listen to Gregg Williams about "getting trucked in this league" ?   

    as for Greedy? he didn't seem to play scared when it came to breaking down & tackling...but with that frame? target taking the wheels out..  

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @gumby73 said:

    I never screamed louder at my TV set while watching a Jim O'Neil's browns defense.. no angles nor wrap tackling techs..we were the worst tackling team by miles..

    till...Along came Gregg Williams.... Was the best tackling improvement I'd ever seen?

    Along comes Steve Wilks....and were back to no heads around with ball in air & soft over pursuit arm tackling was back... 

    if Joe Woods has proven one thing? He took Talib/Harris & or R.Sherman... and a bunch of no name young DB's, to a top 5 unit in passing against/game...9'ers were ranked #1 last season while Robert Saleh took most the credit...but Joe Woods was the 9'ers secondary coach...

    Woods has proven everywhere he can coach...Does Ward & Greedy & others want to accept the NFL coaching is a whole different thing?.. and maybe Ward did listen to Gregg Williams about "getting trucked in this league" ?   

    as for Greedy? he didn't seem to play scared when it came to breaking down & tackling...but with that frame? target taking the wheels out..  

    Yeah, way too many defenders with their heads down when O'Neil was here.  To be honest though, when Bob Slowik was here as DC - I never gagged more than watching our corners forfeit every opportunity to compete with gigantic cushions. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I remember Brandon Weeden saying something along the lines of "Well, if the Browns had bothered to ask me about him, they probably wouldn't have drafted him..."

    Jokes on the Weedster... had the Browns bothered to ask me about him, they wouldn't have drafted him either.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @tiamat63 said:

    Jokes on the Weedster... had the Browns bothered to ask me about him, they wouldn't have drafted him either.

    Its never a good idea to use a first round pick on a QB who will be receiving an AARP newsletter in a year or two, and eats his "supper" at 4pm. 

  • @icecube said:

    How was Justin Gilbert such a huge bust? He was terrible. 

    Are you asking How...or Why.  The How...you answered....he was terrible.  The why is more of a mystery because he seemed to have the physical talent, but he completely had no heart or head for the game is my only guess. 

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @the-gipper said:

    Are you asking How...or Why.  The How...you answered....he was terrible.  The why is more of a mystery because he seemed to have the physical talent, but he completely had no heart or head for the game is my only guess. 

    It's almost like he just didn't care enough to try. Maybe his rookie contract was so much $ to him, he thought he arrived just from that first contract. You'd think them dumping him to their arch rival would be a wake up call, but he was just as horrid in Pitt.