Keys to the Browns upcoming successful seasons - secret weapons
-
...I thought the knock on him was his drops. And an average route runner at best. I think Mel Kiper said, 'He looks good in a uniform.'
He's not known as a blocker and we know Stef wants his receivers to block for that wide zone run. I think it's gonna be rough for him this year. He's gotta be taught to be a crisp route runner in order to get open in the nfl. He's gotta learn to block. Gotta learn an nfl playbook. In this wacky COVID preseason with no games and few 'real' practices. Whew! It's a tough year to be a 'project' player! - He's got good size, I wish for him to become a weapon.
yep, if he works hard... it might be tough to keep him on the roster to only be a return man. But, he could be terrific at that.
-
Donovan Peoples-Jones could be a great find. Return man, good hands.
...I thought the knock on him was his drops. And an average route runner at best. I think Mel Kiper said, 'He looks good in a uniform.'
He's not known as a blocker and we know Stef wants his receivers to block for that wide zone run. I think it's gonna be rough for him this year. He's gotta be taught to be a crisp route runner in order to get open in the nfl. He's gotta learn to block. Gotta learn an nfl playbook. In this wacky COVID preseason with no games and few 'real' practices. Whew! It's a tough year to be a 'project' player! - He's got good size, I wish for him to become a weapon.
...I thought the knock on him was his drops. And an average route runner at best
Not really -- hands and route-running itself are both great. He's not short-area-quick enough to separate from coverage and can't handle that coverage while he's not separated.
-
Donovan Peoples-Jones could be a great find. Return man, good hands.
...I thought the knock on him was his drops. And an average route runner at best. I think Mel Kiper said, 'He looks good in a uniform.'
He's not known as a blocker and we know Stef wants his receivers to block for that wide zone run. I think it's gonna be rough for him this year. He's gotta be taught to be a crisp route runner in order to get open in the nfl. He's gotta learn to block. Gotta learn an nfl playbook. In this wacky COVID preseason with no games and few 'real' practices. Whew! It's a tough year to be a 'project' player! - He's got good size, I wish for him to become a weapon.
...I thought the knock on him was his drops. And an average route runner at best. I think Mel Kiper said, 'He looks good in a uniform.'
He's not known as a blocker and we know Stef wants his receivers to block for that wide zone run. I think it's gonna be rough for him this year. He's gotta be taught to be a crisp route runner in order to get open in the nfl.
I think we may have a toss-up on the best Browns mid-round pick? Peoples or Bryant.. https://brownsnation.com/why-did-donovan-peoples-jones-drop-to-the-sixth-round/ Peoples has the best two tutors in Landry & OBJ to learn from his faults. But the physical tools can't be packed in his lunchbox.. Both should bring much needed vertical size to the redzone.. Peeps Jones jumped a 44.5" vertical from a stand still at the combine? .. Chuck it up & go get it! ?
-
-
Gip thinks Peeps is a better prospect than Chase Claypool. Too bad he won't actually bet on it.
I did not say that corncunthole. I said DPJ's production in college is ever so incrementally less than Claypool's had been, (plus the fact that Claypool played 4 years opposed to 3 for Peeps so that makes the comparison even more difficult). I also said that Claypool goddam good and well better be considered a better prospect than Peeps because he was drafted only like 140 places above DPJ.
So, OK, sure. For a hot fudge sundae, I will say that 5 years from now Peeps will turn out to have just as productive career as Claypool.
Call me in 5 years.
-
interesting - yesterday's update ...Harrison Bryant is turning heads at camp, and Peoples-Jones is making a
case for himself here and there.
https://www.brownsnation.com/te-harrison-bryant-is-turning-heads-at-browns-training-camp/
-
Gip thinks Peeps is a better prospect than Chase Claypool. Too bad he won't actually bet on it.
I did not say that corncunthole. I said DPJ's production in college is ever so incrementally less than Claypool's had been, (plus the fact that Claypool played 4 years opposed to 3 for Peeps so that makes the comparison even more difficult). I also said that Claypool goddam good and well better be considered a better prospect than Peeps because he was drafted only like 140 places above DPJ.
So, OK, sure. For a hot fudge sundae, I will say that 5 years from now Peeps will turn out to have just as productive career as Claypool.
Call me in 5 years.
I did not say that corncunthole. I said DPJ's production in college is ever so incrementally less than Claypool's had been, (plus the fact that Claypool played 4 years opposed to 3 for Peeps so that makes the comparison even more difficult). I also said that Claypool goddam good and well better be considered a better prospect than Peeps because he was drafted only like 140 places above DPJ.
So, OK, sure. For a hot fudge sundae, I will say that 5 years from now Peeps will turn out to have just as productive career as Claypool.
Call me in 5 years.
Were you going to take me up on this bet?

-
interesting - yesterday's update ...Harrison Bryant is turning heads at camp, and Peoples-Jones is making a
case for himself here and there.
https://www.brownsnation.com/te-harrison-bryant-is-turning-heads-at-browns-training-camp/
interesting - yesterday's update ...Harrison Bryant is turning heads at camp, and Peoples-Jones is making a
case for himself here and there.
https://www.brownsnation.com/te-harrison-bryant-is-turning-heads-at-browns-training-camp/
We need some good news because there really hasn't been much. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the teams who aren't implementing new systems are going to absolutely dominate IMO. This year was significantly shortened and the preseason plain doesn't exist. Guess who we play first? We play the team with the most galvanized identity in the league...the Ravens. They know exactly what they want to do, how to do it, and they won't be trying to learn new things.
Conversely, every single day I read about our beloved Browns it's more bad news about the offense. Yesterday they could hardly complete a pass with the top 6 DBs out or injured! I realize the defense is always ahead of the offense, but it's getting a little more urgent. To be fair, we haven't had that many practices, we lost a padded practice with the recent covid scare, and we still have 3 weeks before Baltimore. But guess what? The Ravens don't care about being fair. They won't feel bad about us not having a typical offseason to install our new shit.
We're going to lean on the running game early, and that's totally fine with me. But to do that, we can't be down 20 points. We need some good offensive news next week or it's gonna get messy. I REALLY don't like reading about Baker sailing throws high still...that can't happen again. And Jesus, please no more injuries, ok?
-
interesting - yesterday's update ...Harrison Bryant is turning heads at camp, and Peoples-Jones is making a
case for himself here and there.
https://www.brownsnation.com/te-harrison-bryant-is-turning-heads-at-browns-training-camp/
We need some good news because there really hasn't been much. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the teams who aren't implementing new systems are going to absolutely dominate IMO. This year was significantly shortened and the preseason plain doesn't exist. Guess who we play first? We play the team with the most galvanized identity in the league...the Ravens. They know exactly what they want to do, how to do it, and they won't be trying to learn new things.
Conversely, every single day I read about our beloved Browns it's more bad news about the offense. Yesterday they could hardly complete a pass with the top 6 DBs out or injured! I realize the defense is always ahead of the offense, but it's getting a little more urgent. To be fair, we haven't had that many practices, we lost a padded practice with the recent covid scare, and we still have 3 weeks before Baltimore. But guess what? The Ravens don't care about being fair. They won't feel bad about us not having a typical offseason to install our new shit.
We're going to lean on the running game early, and that's totally fine with me. But to do that, we can't be down 20 points. We need some good offensive news next week or it's gonna get messy. I REALLY don't like reading about Baker sailing throws high still...that can't happen again. And Jesus, please no more injuries, ok?
We need some good news because there really hasn't been much. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the teams who aren't implementing new systems are going to absolutely dominate IMO. This year was significantly shortened and the preseason plain doesn't exist. Guess who we play first? We play the team with the most galvanized identity in the league...the Ravens. They know exactly what they want to do, how to do it, and they won't be trying to learn new things.
Conversely, every single day I read about our beloved Browns it's more bad news about the offense. Yesterday they could hardly complete a pass with the top 6 DBs out or injured! I realize the defense is always ahead of the offense, but it's getting a little more urgent. To be fair, we haven't had that many practices, we lost a padded practice with the recent covid scare, and we still have 3 weeks before Baltimore. But guess what? The Ravens don't care about being fair. They won't feel bad about us not having a typical offseason to install our new shit.
We're going to lean on the running game early, and that's totally fine with me. But to do that, we can't be down 20 points. We need some good offensive news next week or it's gonna get messy. I REALLY don't like reading about Baker sailing throws high still...that can't happen again. And Jesus, please no more injuries, ok?
I didn't know it til just now- but I posted that Greedy is hurt now, might? miss time.... I'll delete it if it's already been said...
A lot of us? would have felt the Browns would have a great chance at winning the division...but with the significant injuries..
I have to wonder now. But if any HC can adjust and still win - it will be Stefanski I think.
"secret weapons" will play a far bigger role in the Browns - given the injuries.
Stefanski is just an inspiring guy - a good press conference - (Chubb is back, etc)
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/kevin-stefanski-jedrick-wills-jr-is-progressing-every-day
-
We need some good news because there really hasn't been much. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the teams who aren't implementing new systems are going to absolutely dominate IMO. This year was significantly shortened and the preseason plain doesn't exist. Guess who we play first? We play the team with the most galvanized identity in the league...the Ravens. They know exactly what they want to do, how to do it, and they won't be trying to learn new things.
Conversely, every single day I read about our beloved Browns it's more bad news about the offense. Yesterday they could hardly complete a pass with the top 6 DBs out or injured! I realize the defense is always ahead of the offense, but it's getting a little more urgent. To be fair, we haven't had that many practices, we lost a padded practice with the recent covid scare, and we still have 3 weeks before Baltimore. But guess what? The Ravens don't care about being fair. They won't feel bad about us not having a typical offseason to install our new shit.
We're going to lean on the running game early, and that's totally fine with me. But to do that, we can't be down 20 points. We need some good offensive news next week or it's gonna get messy. I REALLY don't like reading about Baker sailing throws high still...that can't happen again. And Jesus, please no more injuries, ok?
I didn't know it til just now- but I posted that Greedy is hurt now, might? miss time.... I'll delete it if it's already been said...
A lot of us? would have felt the Browns would have a great chance at winning the division...but with the significant injuries..
I have to wonder now. But if any HC can adjust and still win - it will be Stefanski I think.
"secret weapons" will play a far bigger role in the Browns - given the injuries.
Stefanski is just an inspiring guy - a good press conference - (Chubb is back, etc)
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/kevin-stefanski-jedrick-wills-jr-is-progressing-every-day
-
Greedy is definitely missing a good amount of time, we just don't know HOW much.
What’s his problem?
-
-
Greedy is definitely missing a good amount of time, we just don't know HOW much.
What’s his problem?
What’s his problem?
Shoulder injury. Nobody is saying exactly what it is, but it's not good.
-
What’s his problem?
Shoulder injury. Nobody is saying exactly what it is, but it's not good.
Shoulder injury. Nobody is saying exactly what it is, but it's not good.
Well, now they're saying he's "truly day to day".
That's INCREDIBLE news!
-
Shoulder injury. Nobody is saying exactly what it is, but it's not good.
Well, now they're saying he's "truly day to day".
That's INCREDIBLE news!
Well, now they're saying he's "truly day to day".
Aren't we all? ?
-
I guess i really never caught this connection early on?
TE Harrison Bryant at Florida Atlantic was coached by Charlie Weiss jr..That is the son of Pats blowhard... Charlie Weiss Sr. now on NFL radio.. While traveling to work this past week, I heard Charlie Sr. compare Harrison Bryant as a combo of Mark Bravro & Zach Ertz... Charlie rarely thinks highly of the Browns in any season..but this season, Charlie Sr. really liked the drafting of HB by AB...
We hear rookie's may not see much playing time due to lack of prep time?... or just Hang your hopes on seeing? Wills, Harrison Bryant & Nick Harris ?
-
Shoulder injury. Nobody is saying exactly what it is, but it's not good.
Well, now they're saying he's "truly day to day".
That's INCREDIBLE news!
Well, now they're saying he's "truly day to day".
That's INCREDIBLE news!
"But aren't we all"....ESPN'S Chris Berman's famous line.
-
I guess i really never caught this connection early on?
TE Harrison Bryant at Florida Atlantic was coached by Charlie Weiss jr..That is the son of Pats blowhard... Charlie Weiss Sr. now on NFL radio.. While traveling to work this past week, I heard Charlie Sr. compare Harrison Bryant as a combo of Mark Bravro & Zach Ertz... Charlie rarely thinks highly of the Browns in any season..but this season, Charlie Sr. really liked the drafting of HB by AB...
We hear rookie's may not see much playing time due to lack of prep time?... or just Hang your hopes on seeing? Wills, Harrison Bryant & Nick Harris ?
I guess i really never caught this connection early on?
TE Harrison Bryant at Florida Atlantic was coached by Charlie Weiss jr..That is the son of Pats blowhard... Charlie Weiss Sr. now on NFL radio.. While traveling to work this past week, I heard Charlie Sr. compare Harrison Bryant as a combo of Mark Bravro & Zach Ertz... Charlie rarely thinks highly of the Browns in any season..but this season, Charlie Sr. really liked the drafting of HB by AB...
We hear rookie's may not see much playing time due to lack of prep time?... or just Hang your hopes on seeing? Wills, Harrison Bryant & Nick Harris ?
Apparently, Wills is a given at LT. Harris is a possibility at OG ? or center. and Harrison has been turning heads in training camp like crazy, going high for catching the ball...he's serious business. I think he's a huge steal. Word has it that Njoku is having a bad camp.
-
I guess i really never caught this connection early on?
TE Harrison Bryant at Florida Atlantic was coached by Charlie Weiss jr..That is the son of Pats blowhard... Charlie Weiss Sr. now on NFL radio.. While traveling to work this past week, I heard Charlie Sr. compare Harrison Bryant as a combo of Mark Bravro & Zach Ertz... Charlie rarely thinks highly of the Browns in any season..but this season, Charlie Sr. really liked the drafting of HB by AB...
We hear rookie's may not see much playing time due to lack of prep time?... or just Hang your hopes on seeing? Wills, Harrison Bryant & Nick Harris ?
Apparently, Wills is a given at LT. Harris is a possibility at OG ? or center. and Harrison has been turning heads in training camp like crazy, going high for catching the ball...he's serious business. I think he's a huge steal. Word has it that Njoku is having a bad camp.
Apparently, Wills is a given at LT. Harris is a possibility at OG ? or center. and Harrison has been turning heads in training camp like crazy, going high for catching the ball...he's serious business. I think he's a huge steal. Word has it that Njoku is having a bad camp.
I'm completely floored by Harrison Bryant. It's one thing to make a handful of catches in practice, but apparently he's been torching people from the beginning and still turning it on. I also like Carlson, who is another receiving TE that will be tough to get rid of. Carlson is the guy who effectively ended that Steelers game last year by catching a very difficult TD.
One of the studs of training camp has been Austin Hooper, which is GREAT news for us. We'll be running a bunch of two TE sets, so having Harrison Bryant turning into a viable threat is a serious boon to our attack. We're going to be pretty tough to stop if we can get these pieces working together.
I can see us running a TON of boot-action short passes to our TEs and to Kareem Hunt. Hunt catching a 3 yard boot pass can easily turn into a big play.
-
Apparently, Wills is a given at LT. Harris is a possibility at OG ? or center. and Harrison has been turning heads in training camp like crazy, going high for catching the ball...he's serious business. I think he's a huge steal. Word has it that Njoku is having a bad camp.
I'm completely floored by Harrison Bryant. It's one thing to make a handful of catches in practice, but apparently he's been torching people from the beginning and still turning it on. I also like Carlson, who is another receiving TE that will be tough to get rid of. Carlson is the guy who effectively ended that Steelers game last year by catching a very difficult TD.
One of the studs of training camp has been Austin Hooper, which is GREAT news for us. We'll be running a bunch of two TE sets, so having Harrison Bryant turning into a viable threat is a serious boon to our attack. We're going to be pretty tough to stop if we can get these pieces working together.
I can see us running a TON of boot-action short passes to our TEs and to Kareem Hunt. Hunt catching a 3 yard boot pass can easily turn into a big play.
I can see us running a TON of boot-action short passes to our TEs and to Kareem Hunt. Hunt catching a 3 yard boot pass can easily turn into a big play.
Do you think Chubb gets the vast majority of rushes, while Hunt plays the "Duke Johnson" role again (a few carries, but used more as a 3rd down back who catches the ball more than runs it), or do you see Hunt being a true 1A to Chubb's 1 (where he plays a full series for every two series Chubb is in for)?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
