Skip to content

Njoku Back In

The Browns Board
163 31 5.3k 1
  • @nickers said:

    Don't mind poor Dutch gurl.. She has a bad case of Crabs and Dunning Kruger Effect...

    nickers, the human version of WWII France returns! 

    @dutch-oven said:

    nickers, the human version of WWII France returns! 

    You sick bastards!  I can't even drink soda while I'm reading this board anymore.  I'm left with 2 choices. Clean the beverage off my keyboard or explain to the warden why the keys are all sticky. If it's choice 2 - I'm gonna hunt your asss down and let you explain.  

  • apparently, Njoku is afraid he'll come in third behind Hunter and Bryant.

    The way he's dropped passes, trade him. Get First round draft pick. I'm good.

    @calfoxwc said:

    apparently, Njoku is afraid he'll come in third behind Hunter and Bryant.

    The way he's dropped passes, trade him. Get First round draft pick. I'm good.

    We won't get a 1st rounder.  Maybe a 4th or 5th.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    It's humorous to watch the biggest rah-rah guys on here nearly break their necks to jump off a player or coaches bandwagon the second it is apparent the player or coach will no longer be a Cleveland Brown. 

    Tuesday: RANDOM PLAYER IS A GREAT FOOTBALL PLAYER, HAS A GREAT LOVE FOR FOOTBALL AND IS A GREAT HUMAN BEING!
    Wednesday: Random Player expresses desire to no longer play for Browns. RANDOM PLAYER IS A BUM, HAS ALWAYS BEEN HORRIBLE, OBVIOUSLY HATES THE GAME OF FOOTBALL, AND PROBABLY SUPPORTS THE TALIBAN! 

    You get drafted in the first round we can’t hear “well he’s got potential” for three years now. 
     

    you get a rookie year and a handful of dumb plays and then it’s time to produce. 
     

    Others have had shorter leashes. 
     

    writing on wall...we gave a TE BIG money.  We drafted another in the middle of the draft. He’s not in the future plans.  I would love to get a “playing for the next contract” type of year out of him.  I Just don’t think he’s capable 
     

    @sdbacker80 said:

    You get drafted in the first round we can’t hear “well he’s got potential” for three years now. 
     

    you get a rookie year and a handful of dumb plays and then it’s time to produce. 
     

    Others have had shorter leashes. 
     

    writing on wall...we gave a TE BIG money.  We drafted another in the middle of the draft. He’s not in the future plans.  I would love to get a “playing for the next contract” type of year out of him.  I Just don’t think he’s capable 
     

    I get why he's being criticized by some of the people on here. He's been inconsistent during his time with the Browns, and not worth a first round pick.

    It's the people who blindly support players on the Browns one day, then trash them the next that I was commenting on. There's people on here who two days ago would have wrote glowing things about Njoku, who now are ripping him. That's what strikes me as funny. I get why Browns fans would like him one day, and not like him the next. It's the people who would argue that Njoku is a potential Pro-Bowler on Monday, then a hack who will be lucky to be in the league in two seasons the next.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    You get drafted in the first round we can’t hear “well he’s got potential” for three years now. 
     

    you get a rookie year and a handful of dumb plays and then it’s time to produce. 
     

    Others have had shorter leashes. 
     

    writing on wall...we gave a TE BIG money.  We drafted another in the middle of the draft. He’s not in the future plans.  I would love to get a “playing for the next contract” type of year out of him.  I Just don’t think he’s capable 
     

    I get why he's being criticized by some of the people on here. He's been inconsistent during his time with the Browns, and not worth a first round pick.

    It's the people who blindly support players on the Browns one day, then trash them the next that I was commenting on. There's people on here who two days ago would have wrote glowing things about Njoku, who now are ripping him. That's what strikes me as funny. I get why Browns fans would like him one day, and not like him the next. It's the people who would argue that Njoku is a potential Pro-Bowler on Monday, then a hack who will be lucky to be in the league in two seasons the next.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I get why he's being criticized by some of the people on here. He's been inconsistent during his time with the Browns, and not worth a first round pick.

    It's the people who blindly support players on the Browns one day, then trash them the next that I was commenting on. There's people on here who two days ago would have wrote glowing things about Njoku, who now are ripping him. That's what strikes me as funny. 

    Your Honor, I saw some good things out of him when Baker was a rookie.  Since my favorite team drafted him - of course I wanted him to succeed.  Why wouldn't I?  

    Now for the reasons I find it easy to say "Don't let the door hit you in the asss on the easy out."    Last year, there was some speculation he was unhappy and dropping passes on purpose in practice to show people he wanted out.  I understand he was also playing through injury and he dropped passes in the 2nd Cincy game. But when you have to start guessing if it's crappy attitude or sloppy concentration from a 1st round guy fans expect to be a professional - it starts to change the perception. 

    Then came the Coaching change which was a fresh start for everyone.  I have no problem if he wants out; but don't tell us a few months ago you have a refreshed feeling and you're excited with new opportunities under the new staff.  Then, come right back to the same "I want out."  Gas to fire, Rosenhaus is his agent and we're in the middle of a Pandemic reading this.

    Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, is this okay for me/anyone else as a fan to expect a better response to adversity than what unfolded out of this 1st round talent/commitment?   If not, tough shittt!

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I get why he's being criticized by some of the people on here. He's been inconsistent during his time with the Browns, and not worth a first round pick.

    It's the people who blindly support players on the Browns one day, then trash them the next that I was commenting on. There's people on here who two days ago would have wrote glowing things about Njoku, who now are ripping him. That's what strikes me as funny. 

    Your Honor, I saw some good things out of him when Baker was a rookie.  Since my favorite team drafted him - of course I wanted him to succeed.  Why wouldn't I?  

    Now for the reasons I find it easy to say "Don't let the door hit you in the asss on the easy out."    Last year, there was some speculation he was unhappy and dropping passes on purpose in practice to show people he wanted out.  I understand he was also playing through injury and he dropped passes in the 2nd Cincy game. But when you have to start guessing if it's crappy attitude or sloppy concentration from a 1st round guy fans expect to be a professional - it starts to change the perception. 

    Then came the Coaching change which was a fresh start for everyone.  I have no problem if he wants out; but don't tell us a few months ago you have a refreshed feeling and you're excited with new opportunities under the new staff.  Then, come right back to the same "I want out."  Gas to fire, Rosenhaus is his agent and we're in the middle of a Pandemic reading this.

    Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, is this okay for me/anyone else as a fan to expect a better response to adversity than what unfolded out of this 1st round talent/commitment?   If not, tough shittt!

    @flugel said:

    Your Honor, I saw some good things out of him when Baker was a rookie.  Since my favorite team drafted him - of course I wanted him to succeed.  Why wouldn't I?  

    Now for the reasons I find it easy to say "Don't let the door hit you in the asss on the easy out."    Last year, there was some speculation he was unhappy and dropping passes on purpose in practice to show people he wanted out.  I understand he was also playing through injury and he dropped passes in the 2nd Cincy game. But when you have to start guessing if it's crappy attitude or sloppy concentration from a 1st round guy fans expect to be a professional - it starts to change the perception. 

    Then came the Coaching change which was a fresh start for everyone.  I have no problem if he wants out; but don't tell us a few months ago you have a refreshed feeling and you're excited with new opportunities under the new staff.  Then, come right back to the same "I want out."  Gas to fire, Rosenhaus is his agent.

    Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, is this okay?

    It's about being objective, that's all. There's nothing wrong with wanting your favorite team to do well. 

    But when a person has nothing but glowing things to say about a player one day, then the player magically sucks the next, it comes off a bit homerish. It's the sports version of "LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT." There's no grey area with some people. That's all, Flugs. 

    I've found Njoku to be somewhat disappointing, especially considering his draft position, and now that I know he doesn't want to be here? Bye Felicia. 

    And dammit, stop with "your honor" stuff... leave that for Gipper! ?

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Get First round draft pick. I'm good.

    Never going to happen.  In this life or the next.  

    @icecube said:

    You don't know this, it's a fake source. You're just saying this because you don't like him. He loves being in Cleveland and wants to play his entire career there. 

    To date, the sources he has linked have been better than yours.

    Correction, at least the sources he has linked are real accounts and not whatever is in your head.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    To date, the sources he has linked have been better than yours.

    Correction, at least the sources he has linked are real accounts and not whatever is in your head.  

    The poster in question, tia, is so immoral, he doesn't even conceal after he is being a liar, he laughs about it, with glee. 

  • @topdawg31 said:

    Now he "officially" sucks

    For a team that wants to use multi-TE sets early and often, this isn't great news.

    But he's a free agent after this season, right? I doubt they were re-signing him anyways. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    For a team that wants to use multi-TE sets early and often, this isn't great news.

    But he's a free agent after this season, right? I doubt they were re-signing him anyways. 

    I believe he was extended, might have 2 seasons left on contract.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    For a team that wants to use multi-TE sets early and often, this isn't great news.

    But he's a free agent after this season, right? I doubt they were re-signing him anyways. 

    I believe he was extended, might have 2 seasons left on contract.

    @topdawg31 said:

    I believe he was extended, might have 2 seasons left on contract.

    You are correct... the Browns a few months ago picked up his 5th year option, which means he would be a free agent after the 2021 season. I had forgotten about this. 

  • @topdawg31 said:

    I believe he was extended, might have 2 seasons left on contract.

    You are correct... the Browns a few months ago picked up his 5th year option, which means he would be a free agent after the 2021 season. I had forgotten about this. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    You are correct... the Browns a few months ago picked up his 5th year option, which means he would be a free agent after the 2021 season. I had forgotten about this. 

    Adds value, which at this point, there doesn't seem to be much. His injury history and only 5 catches last season wont help.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    For a team that wants to use multi-TE sets early and often, this isn't great news.

    But he's a free agent after this season, right? I doubt they were re-signing him anyways. 

    I believe he was extended, might have 2 seasons left on contract.

    @topdawg31 said:

    I believe he was extended, might have 2 seasons left on contract.

    I guess that he had every intention of being a Cleveland BROWNS player for at least the next two years.

    Hmmmm I wonder what changed ?     😕

  • @flugel said:

    Your Honor, I saw some good things out of him when Baker was a rookie.  Since my favorite team drafted him - of course I wanted him to succeed.  Why wouldn't I?  

    Now for the reasons I find it easy to say "Don't let the door hit you in the asss on the easy out."    Last year, there was some speculation he was unhappy and dropping passes on purpose in practice to show people he wanted out.  I understand he was also playing through injury and he dropped passes in the 2nd Cincy game. But when you have to start guessing if it's crappy attitude or sloppy concentration from a 1st round guy fans expect to be a professional - it starts to change the perception. 

    Then came the Coaching change which was a fresh start for everyone.  I have no problem if he wants out; but don't tell us a few months ago you have a refreshed feeling and you're excited with new opportunities under the new staff.  Then, come right back to the same "I want out."  Gas to fire, Rosenhaus is his agent.

    Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, is this okay?

    It's about being objective, that's all. There's nothing wrong with wanting your favorite team to do well. 

    But when a person has nothing but glowing things to say about a player one day, then the player magically sucks the next, it comes off a bit homerish. It's the sports version of "LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT." There's no grey area with some people. That's all, Flugs. 

    I've found Njoku to be somewhat disappointing, especially considering his draft position, and now that I know he doesn't want to be here? Bye Felicia. 

    And dammit, stop with "your honor" stuff... leave that for Gipper! ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    It's about being objective, that's all. There's nothing wrong with wanting your favorite team to do well. 

    But when a person has nothing but glowing things to say about a player one day, then the player magically sucks the next, it comes off a bit homerish. It's the sports version of "LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT." There's no grey area with some people. That's all, Flugs. 

    I've found Njoku to be somewhat disappointing, especially considering his draft position, and now that I know he doesn't want to be here? Bye Felicia. 

    And dammit, stop with "your honor" stuff... leave that for Gipper! ?

    ? You're fine Dutch.  I wasn't sure who you were directing that at.  If it was me - I used it as an ideal time to bust your balls (which I don't do very often). Looks like we have the same opinions about Njoku as well as why we have them.

  • I'm interested to see what Berry does here. Njoku has no leverage. He's under contract for 2 more years. Plus, he was hurt last year so his stats aren't exactly glowing. I would tell Rosenhaus that they are welcome to seek a trade with another team but if it doesn't start with a 2nd round pick, then I'm not interested. It's not that I think Njoku has that sort of value right now, as I don't think the Browns could get more than a 4th rounder, 3rd at best, but it's setting the standard for future players with this regime. In addition, there is no reason to cave to him. If there is one position group on this team that is easily replaceable, it's the tight ends. yes, stefanski loves them, but that also means he can develop them. Look at MN last year. No 1000 yard TE and none caught more than 75 balls. It was spread out. Plus, i think players such as Carlson are just as effective in this scheme

    I have seen various scenarios, all are speculation and manufactured with no credibility) but I'm not sure which is realistic:

    Njoku and a 3rd rounder for Ngakuoe? still have to pay Ngakuoe

    Hassan Riddick plus a 4th for Njoku? Trading for potential

    Jamal Adams for Njoku and 2021 & 2022 2nd rounders? Still have to pay Adams

    Njoku to cowboys for a 4th rounder...I've seen this deal for Washington as well

  • I like some of Njoku's "Skill set" if we can call it that.... He's got decent size and speed...Some TE's take as long as 4-5 years to get into their groove.. I mean.. Let's look at Zydrunas Ilgauskas for example... After all of those foot injuries... Did anyone honestly thing he would turn in a championship career?.. I certainly did not... However.. Since it was Rosenhaus he chose... He basically inked his football career death.....

  • Jeremy Fowler of ESPN has tweeted that the Browns have known of Njoku's unhappiness in Cleveland for about a year. This is not breaking news to the Browns, apparently. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Jeremy Fowler of ESPN has tweeted that the Browns have known of Njoku's unhappiness in Cleveland for about a year. This is not breaking news to the Browns, apparently. 

    No, that's a garbage source that you can't trust. None of it is true. You can't prove it. 

  • @topdawg31 said:

    I believe he was extended, might have 2 seasons left on contract.

    I guess that he had every intention of being a Cleveland BROWNS player for at least the next two years.

    Hmmmm I wonder what changed ?     😕

    @mjp28 said:

    I guess that he had every intention of being a Cleveland BROWNS player for at least the next two years.

    Hmmmm I wonder what changed ?     😕

    What changed is we signed Hooper, a pro bowl type player and drafted a TE in the 4th round.  David knows he is a pass catching TE with bad hands.  He needs to try to bluff someone else.

  • I like some of Njoku's "Skill set" if we can call it that.... He's got decent size and speed...Some TE's take as long as 4-5 years to get into their groove.. I mean.. Let's look at Zydrunas Ilgauskas for example... After all of those foot injuries... Did anyone honestly thing he would turn in a championship career?.. I certainly did not... However.. Since it was Rosenhaus he chose... He basically inked his football career death.....

    @nickers said:

    I like some of Njoku's "Skill set" if we can call it that.... He's got decent size and speed...Some TE's take as long as 4-5 years to get into their groove.. I mean.. Let's look at Zydrunas Ilgauskas for example... After all of those foot injuries... Did anyone honestly thing he would turn in a championship career?.. I certainly did not... However.. Since it was Rosenhaus he chose... He basically inked his football career death.....

    He was on his way to "career death"before hiring Drew. Now this is a last ditch attempt to get a 2nd, large contract, but he's never shown anything to garner such.  What team is going to:

    1.) Trade daft picks for a TE who scored 1 TD last year. 

    2.) Give a top 10 TE $ to a guy who has basically done nothing for 3 years. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Jeremy Fowler of ESPN has tweeted that the Browns have known of Njoku's unhappiness in Cleveland for about a year. This is not breaking news to the Browns, apparently. 

    No, that's a garbage source that you can't trust. None of it is true. You can't prove it. 

    @icecube said:

    No, that's a garbage source that you can't trust. None of it is true. You can't prove it. 

    Maybe not Cube, you can't either.   Maybe it wasn't a year.  Maybe since the end of the draft and free agency.

  • @nickers said:

    I like some of Njoku's "Skill set" if we can call it that.... He's got decent size and speed...Some TE's take as long as 4-5 years to get into their groove.. I mean.. Let's look at Zydrunas Ilgauskas for example... After all of those foot injuries... Did anyone honestly thing he would turn in a championship career?.. I certainly did not... However.. Since it was Rosenhaus he chose... He basically inked his football career death.....

    He was on his way to "career death"before hiring Drew. Now this is a last ditch attempt to get a 2nd, large contract, but he's never shown anything to garner such.  What team is going to:

    1.) Trade daft picks for a TE who scored 1 TD last year. 

    2.) Give a top 10 TE $ to a guy who has basically done nothing for 3 years. 

    @icecube said:

    He was on his way to "career death"before hiring Drew. Now this is a last ditch attempt to get a 2nd, large contract, but he's never shown anything to garner such.  What team is going to:

    1.) Trade daft picks for a TE who scored 1 TD last year. 

    2.) Give a top 10 TE $ to a guy who has basically done nothing for 3 years. 

    I agree Cube.  He has to get out of here to have any shot at a big payday.  I don't blame him or his agent.  I don't think he is a malcontent.  You have to try to protect your interests and being here isn't in his best interests.Between Hooper and Hunt, they steal 85% of David's targets.  Guys catching 20-30 balls a season don't get big money.  They live on 1 year deals at minimum pay plus a few incentives..   When you are a pass catching TE with questionable hands, it isn't a good combination.

  • @icecube said:

    He was on his way to "career death"before hiring Drew. Now this is a last ditch attempt to get a 2nd, large contract, but he's never shown anything to garner such.  What team is going to:

    1.) Trade daft picks for a TE who scored 1 TD last year. 

    2.) Give a top 10 TE $ to a guy who has basically done nothing for 3 years. 

    I agree Cube.  He has to get out of here to have any shot at a big payday.  I don't blame him or his agent.  I don't think he is a malcontent.  You have to try to protect your interests and being here isn't in his best interests.Between Hooper and Hunt, they steal 85% of David's targets.  Guys catching 20-30 balls a season don't get big money.  They live on 1 year deals at minimum pay plus a few incentives..   When you are a pass catching TE with questionable hands, it isn't a good combination.

    @ballpeen said:

    I agree Cube.  He has to get out of here to have any shot at a big payday.  I don't blame him or his agent.  I don't think he is a malcontent.  You have to try to protect your interests and being here isn't in his best interests.Between Hooper and Hunt, they steal 85% of David's targets.  Guys catching 20-30 balls a season don't get big money.  They live on 1 year deals at minimum pay plus a few incentives..   When you are a pass catching TE with questionable hands, it isn't a good combination.

    Agree to all. When you are a known weak-blocking TE, you better catch everything near you. He has not. "Athletic ability" does not always translate to "football player."

  • I did so want to see what Stef could do with Njoku in his TE friendly offense....as opposed to Freddie.  It's obvious, however, that the new FO and HC invested somewhat heavily in the TE position since taking over the team.  That doesn't show a whole lot of faith in Njoku.