Skip to content

Njoku Back In

The Browns Board
163 31 5.3k 1
  • I'm interested to see what Berry does here. Njoku has no leverage. He's under contract for 2 more years. Plus, he was hurt last year so his stats aren't exactly glowing. I would tell Rosenhaus that they are welcome to seek a trade with another team but if it doesn't start with a 2nd round pick, then I'm not interested. It's not that I think Njoku has that sort of value right now, as I don't think the Browns could get more than a 4th rounder, 3rd at best, but it's setting the standard for future players with this regime. In addition, there is no reason to cave to him. If there is one position group on this team that is easily replaceable, it's the tight ends. yes, stefanski loves them, but that also means he can develop them. Look at MN last year. No 1000 yard TE and none caught more than 75 balls. It was spread out. Plus, i think players such as Carlson are just as effective in this scheme

    I have seen various scenarios, all are speculation and manufactured with no credibility) but I'm not sure which is realistic:

    Njoku and a 3rd rounder for Ngakuoe? still have to pay Ngakuoe

    Hassan Riddick plus a 4th for Njoku? Trading for potential

    Jamal Adams for Njoku and 2021 & 2022 2nd rounders? Still have to pay Adams

    Njoku to cowboys for a 4th rounder...I've seen this deal for Washington as well

  • I like some of Njoku's "Skill set" if we can call it that.... He's got decent size and speed...Some TE's take as long as 4-5 years to get into their groove.. I mean.. Let's look at Zydrunas Ilgauskas for example... After all of those foot injuries... Did anyone honestly thing he would turn in a championship career?.. I certainly did not... However.. Since it was Rosenhaus he chose... He basically inked his football career death.....

  • Jeremy Fowler of ESPN has tweeted that the Browns have known of Njoku's unhappiness in Cleveland for about a year. This is not breaking news to the Browns, apparently. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Jeremy Fowler of ESPN has tweeted that the Browns have known of Njoku's unhappiness in Cleveland for about a year. This is not breaking news to the Browns, apparently. 

    No, that's a garbage source that you can't trust. None of it is true. You can't prove it. 

  • @topdawg31 said:

    I believe he was extended, might have 2 seasons left on contract.

    I guess that he had every intention of being a Cleveland BROWNS player for at least the next two years.

    Hmmmm I wonder what changed ?     😕

    @mjp28 said:

    I guess that he had every intention of being a Cleveland BROWNS player for at least the next two years.

    Hmmmm I wonder what changed ?     😕

    What changed is we signed Hooper, a pro bowl type player and drafted a TE in the 4th round.  David knows he is a pass catching TE with bad hands.  He needs to try to bluff someone else.

  • I like some of Njoku's "Skill set" if we can call it that.... He's got decent size and speed...Some TE's take as long as 4-5 years to get into their groove.. I mean.. Let's look at Zydrunas Ilgauskas for example... After all of those foot injuries... Did anyone honestly thing he would turn in a championship career?.. I certainly did not... However.. Since it was Rosenhaus he chose... He basically inked his football career death.....

    @nickers said:

    I like some of Njoku's "Skill set" if we can call it that.... He's got decent size and speed...Some TE's take as long as 4-5 years to get into their groove.. I mean.. Let's look at Zydrunas Ilgauskas for example... After all of those foot injuries... Did anyone honestly thing he would turn in a championship career?.. I certainly did not... However.. Since it was Rosenhaus he chose... He basically inked his football career death.....

    He was on his way to "career death"before hiring Drew. Now this is a last ditch attempt to get a 2nd, large contract, but he's never shown anything to garner such.  What team is going to:

    1.) Trade daft picks for a TE who scored 1 TD last year. 

    2.) Give a top 10 TE $ to a guy who has basically done nothing for 3 years. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Jeremy Fowler of ESPN has tweeted that the Browns have known of Njoku's unhappiness in Cleveland for about a year. This is not breaking news to the Browns, apparently. 

    No, that's a garbage source that you can't trust. None of it is true. You can't prove it. 

    @icecube said:

    No, that's a garbage source that you can't trust. None of it is true. You can't prove it. 

    Maybe not Cube, you can't either.   Maybe it wasn't a year.  Maybe since the end of the draft and free agency.

  • @nickers said:

    I like some of Njoku's "Skill set" if we can call it that.... He's got decent size and speed...Some TE's take as long as 4-5 years to get into their groove.. I mean.. Let's look at Zydrunas Ilgauskas for example... After all of those foot injuries... Did anyone honestly thing he would turn in a championship career?.. I certainly did not... However.. Since it was Rosenhaus he chose... He basically inked his football career death.....

    He was on his way to "career death"before hiring Drew. Now this is a last ditch attempt to get a 2nd, large contract, but he's never shown anything to garner such.  What team is going to:

    1.) Trade daft picks for a TE who scored 1 TD last year. 

    2.) Give a top 10 TE $ to a guy who has basically done nothing for 3 years. 

    @icecube said:

    He was on his way to "career death"before hiring Drew. Now this is a last ditch attempt to get a 2nd, large contract, but he's never shown anything to garner such.  What team is going to:

    1.) Trade daft picks for a TE who scored 1 TD last year. 

    2.) Give a top 10 TE $ to a guy who has basically done nothing for 3 years. 

    I agree Cube.  He has to get out of here to have any shot at a big payday.  I don't blame him or his agent.  I don't think he is a malcontent.  You have to try to protect your interests and being here isn't in his best interests.Between Hooper and Hunt, they steal 85% of David's targets.  Guys catching 20-30 balls a season don't get big money.  They live on 1 year deals at minimum pay plus a few incentives..   When you are a pass catching TE with questionable hands, it isn't a good combination.

  • @icecube said:

    He was on his way to "career death"before hiring Drew. Now this is a last ditch attempt to get a 2nd, large contract, but he's never shown anything to garner such.  What team is going to:

    1.) Trade daft picks for a TE who scored 1 TD last year. 

    2.) Give a top 10 TE $ to a guy who has basically done nothing for 3 years. 

    I agree Cube.  He has to get out of here to have any shot at a big payday.  I don't blame him or his agent.  I don't think he is a malcontent.  You have to try to protect your interests and being here isn't in his best interests.Between Hooper and Hunt, they steal 85% of David's targets.  Guys catching 20-30 balls a season don't get big money.  They live on 1 year deals at minimum pay plus a few incentives..   When you are a pass catching TE with questionable hands, it isn't a good combination.

    @ballpeen said:

    I agree Cube.  He has to get out of here to have any shot at a big payday.  I don't blame him or his agent.  I don't think he is a malcontent.  You have to try to protect your interests and being here isn't in his best interests.Between Hooper and Hunt, they steal 85% of David's targets.  Guys catching 20-30 balls a season don't get big money.  They live on 1 year deals at minimum pay plus a few incentives..   When you are a pass catching TE with questionable hands, it isn't a good combination.

    Agree to all. When you are a known weak-blocking TE, you better catch everything near you. He has not. "Athletic ability" does not always translate to "football player."

  • I did so want to see what Stef could do with Njoku in his TE friendly offense....as opposed to Freddie.  It's obvious, however, that the new FO and HC invested somewhat heavily in the TE position since taking over the team.  That doesn't show a whole lot of faith in Njoku.  

  • @icecube said:

    He was on his way to "career death"before hiring Drew. Now this is a last ditch attempt to get a 2nd, large contract, but he's never shown anything to garner such.  What team is going to:

    1.) Trade daft picks for a TE who scored 1 TD last year. 

    2.) Give a top 10 TE $ to a guy who has basically done nothing for 3 years. 

    I agree Cube.  He has to get out of here to have any shot at a big payday.  I don't blame him or his agent.  I don't think he is a malcontent.  You have to try to protect your interests and being here isn't in his best interests.Between Hooper and Hunt, they steal 85% of David's targets.  Guys catching 20-30 balls a season don't get big money.  They live on 1 year deals at minimum pay plus a few incentives..   When you are a pass catching TE with questionable hands, it isn't a good combination.

    @ballpeen said:

    I agree Cube.  He has to get out of here to have any shot at a big payday.  I don't blame him or his agent.  I don't think he is a malcontent.  You have to try to protect your interests and being here isn't in his best interests.Between Hooper and Hunt, they steal 85% of David's targets.  Guys catching 20-30 balls a season don't get big money.  They live on 1 year deals at minimum pay plus a few incentives..   When you are a pass catching TE with questionable hands, it isn't a good combination.

    He was really never that good, he was more about potential with good length, size and speed. His hands were always questionable. To be honest, who have the Browns had worth a damn at TE since Ozzie? Seth Devalue? He was devalued. Malcolm Johnson? Randal Telfer? Brad Smelley? Pee u. Jordan Cameron? Had a nice 2013 and then what happened to him? He looked like a beast that season. Martin Rucker? Winslow Jr? One of the all time worst draft busts in Browns' history. Didn't he just get locked up for raping an 80-year old? Darnell Sanders? James Dearth? He was a real dearth of talent. If you're a TE and Cleveland drafts you, you're toast. They finally waved the white flat and signed a FA to turn the TE spot around. 

  • I'm interested to see what Berry does here. Njoku has no leverage. He's under contract for 2 more years. Plus, he was hurt last year so his stats aren't exactly glowing. I would tell Rosenhaus that they are welcome to seek a trade with another team but if it doesn't start with a 2nd round pick, then I'm not interested. It's not that I think Njoku has that sort of value right now, as I don't think the Browns could get more than a 4th rounder, 3rd at best, but it's setting the standard for future players with this regime. In addition, there is no reason to cave to him. If there is one position group on this team that is easily replaceable, it's the tight ends. yes, stefanski loves them, but that also means he can develop them. Look at MN last year. No 1000 yard TE and none caught more than 75 balls. It was spread out. Plus, i think players such as Carlson are just as effective in this scheme

    I have seen various scenarios, all are speculation and manufactured with no credibility) but I'm not sure which is realistic:

    Njoku and a 3rd rounder for Ngakuoe? still have to pay Ngakuoe

    Hassan Riddick plus a 4th for Njoku? Trading for potential

    Jamal Adams for Njoku and 2021 & 2022 2nd rounders? Still have to pay Adams

    Njoku to cowboys for a 4th rounder...I've seen this deal for Washington as well

    @bigalow80 said:

    I'm interested to see what Berry does here. Njoku has no leverage. He's under contract for 2 more years. Plus, he was hurt last year so his stats aren't exactly glowing. I would tell Rosenhaus that they are welcome to seek a trade with another team but if it doesn't start with a 2nd round pick, then I'm not interested. It's not that I think Njoku has that sort of value right now, as I don't think the Browns could get more than a 4th rounder, 3rd at best, but it's setting the standard for future players with this regime. In addition, there is no reason to cave to him. If there is one position group on this team that is easily replaceable, it's the tight ends. yes, stefanski loves them, but that also means he can develop them. Look at MN last year. No 1000 yard TE and none caught more than 75 balls. It was spread out. Plus, i think players such as Carlson are just as effective in this scheme

    I have seen various scenarios, all are speculation and manufactured with no credibility) but I'm not sure which is realistic:

    Njoku and a 3rd rounder for Ngakuoe? still have to pay Ngakuoe

    Hassan Riddick plus a 4th for Njoku? Trading for potential

    Jamal Adams for Njoku and 2021 & 2022 2nd rounders? Still have to pay Adams

    Njoku to cowboys for a 4th rounder...I've seen this deal for Washington as well

    Excellent assessment.

    Id rather keep Njoku for a year- let him play with a chip and play like he’s trying to get his next contract.  It’s Time for the Browns to be on the other side of this.   You are getting pennies on the dollar by dealing him now with the season in somewhat jeopardy and his performance the past two years.  

  • @bigalow80 said:

    I'm interested to see what Berry does here. Njoku has no leverage. He's under contract for 2 more years. Plus, he was hurt last year so his stats aren't exactly glowing. I would tell Rosenhaus that they are welcome to seek a trade with another team but if it doesn't start with a 2nd round pick, then I'm not interested. It's not that I think Njoku has that sort of value right now, as I don't think the Browns could get more than a 4th rounder, 3rd at best, but it's setting the standard for future players with this regime. In addition, there is no reason to cave to him. If there is one position group on this team that is easily replaceable, it's the tight ends. yes, stefanski loves them, but that also means he can develop them. Look at MN last year. No 1000 yard TE and none caught more than 75 balls. It was spread out. Plus, i think players such as Carlson are just as effective in this scheme

    I have seen various scenarios, all are speculation and manufactured with no credibility) but I'm not sure which is realistic:

    Njoku and a 3rd rounder for Ngakuoe? still have to pay Ngakuoe

    Hassan Riddick plus a 4th for Njoku? Trading for potential

    Jamal Adams for Njoku and 2021 & 2022 2nd rounders? Still have to pay Adams

    Njoku to cowboys for a 4th rounder...I've seen this deal for Washington as well

    Excellent assessment.

    Id rather keep Njoku for a year- let him play with a chip and play like he’s trying to get his next contract.  It’s Time for the Browns to be on the other side of this.   You are getting pennies on the dollar by dealing him now with the season in somewhat jeopardy and his performance the past two years.  

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Excellent assessment.

    Id rather keep Njoku for a year- let him play with a chip and play like he’s trying to get his next contract.  It’s Time for the Browns to be on the other side of this.   You are getting pennies on the dollar by dealing him now with the season in somewhat jeopardy and his performance the past two years.  

    apparently, his value is said to be less than a third round pick. I agree, keep him, make him play, if he screws it up, he never gets a big payday. If he does play great, which I doubt, he is worth a higher draft pick.

  • @ballpeen said:

    I agree Cube.  He has to get out of here to have any shot at a big payday.  I don't blame him or his agent.  I don't think he is a malcontent.  You have to try to protect your interests and being here isn't in his best interests.Between Hooper and Hunt, they steal 85% of David's targets.  Guys catching 20-30 balls a season don't get big money.  They live on 1 year deals at minimum pay plus a few incentives..   When you are a pass catching TE with questionable hands, it isn't a good combination.

    He was really never that good, he was more about potential with good length, size and speed. His hands were always questionable. To be honest, who have the Browns had worth a damn at TE since Ozzie? Seth Devalue? He was devalued. Malcolm Johnson? Randal Telfer? Brad Smelley? Pee u. Jordan Cameron? Had a nice 2013 and then what happened to him? He looked like a beast that season. Martin Rucker? Winslow Jr? One of the all time worst draft busts in Browns' history. Didn't he just get locked up for raping an 80-year old? Darnell Sanders? James Dearth? He was a real dearth of talent. If you're a TE and Cleveland drafts you, you're toast. They finally waved the white flat and signed a FA to turn the TE spot around. 

    @icecube said:

    To be honest, who have the Browns had worth a damn at TE since Ozzie?

    Aside from Gary Barnidge, we had Benjamin Watson for a year or two.  A good receiver, blocker and a great guy.  But for some reason we let him walk and go on to have many very productive years.  Obviously, we've had people that didn't understand the TE position very well.  Except for that season with DePhlippo & Barnidge.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Njoku wants to be traded by training camp. 

    You don't know this, it's a fake source. You're just saying this because you don't like him. He loves being in Cleveland and wants to play his entire career there. 

    @icecube said:

    You don't know this, it's a fake source. You're just saying this because you don't like him. He loves being in Cleveland and wants to play his entire career there. 

    Is this a real take? He's definitely asking for a trade. I've seen it from multiple sources. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Excellent assessment.

    Id rather keep Njoku for a year- let him play with a chip and play like he’s trying to get his next contract.  It’s Time for the Browns to be on the other side of this.   You are getting pennies on the dollar by dealing him now with the season in somewhat jeopardy and his performance the past two years.  

    apparently, his value is said to be less than a third round pick. I agree, keep him, make him play, if he screws it up, he never gets a big payday. If he does play great, which I doubt, he is worth a higher draft pick.

    @calfoxwc said:

    apparently, his value is said to be less than a third round pick. I agree, keep him, make him play, if he screws it up, he never gets a big payday. If he does play great, which I doubt, he is worth a higher draft pick.

    A 3rd????

    Wow.  That would be an overpay.  I’d take it if offered. That’s not pennies on the dollar and if you really think about it you could probably find a more football talented TE in 2021 draft in the third round that you would have control of for four years.
     

  • @icecube said:

    You don't know this, it's a fake source. You're just saying this because you don't like him. He loves being in Cleveland and wants to play his entire career there. 

    Is this a real take? He's definitely asking for a trade. I've seen it from multiple sources. 

    @vagitron said:

    Is this a real take? He's definitely asking for a trade. I've seen it from multiple sources. 

    You weren't around, this post is sarcasm. When I suggested OBJ wanted to be traded, Dutch endlessly said it wasn't true. 

  • @vagitron said:

    Is this a real take? He's definitely asking for a trade. I've seen it from multiple sources. 

    You weren't around, this post is sarcasm. When I suggested OBJ wanted to be traded, Dutch endlessly said it wasn't true. 

    @icecube said:

    You weren't around, this post is sarcasm. When I suggested OBJ wanted to be traded, Dutch endlessly said it wasn't true. 

    And he made up fictional stories about fictional sources to try and defend it, which is why he's ignored what tia just said about him when tia posted it, and when I reposted it... trust me, MANY posters on this board had a field day making fun of poor lil' Icecube for this. Then he doubled down on his lying by saying that I was a Josh Gordon fan back in 2014 when he was laying Hoyer out to dry, which of course when pressed he could not back up, considering this was three years before I was on this board. This is Icecube's M.O.  

    Seriously Vagitron, he's a clown. 

  • @vagitron said:

    Is this a real take? He's definitely asking for a trade. I've seen it from multiple sources. 

    You weren't around, this post is sarcasm. When I suggested OBJ wanted to be traded, Dutch endlessly said it wasn't true. 

    @icecube said:

    You weren't around, this post is sarcasm. When I suggested OBJ wanted to be traded, Dutch endlessly said it wasn't true. 

    That post only "became sarcasm" after I posted Adam Schefter's Twitter showing the trade request to be reality.

    Dutch endlessly [and correctly] said the OBJ trade request wasn't true after Icecube kept quoting Colin Cowherd as his reliable source for the request.

    At this point the default opinion for anything Icecube posts has to be that it's going to be wrong.. even his opinions of himself.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    apparently, his value is said to be less than a third round pick. I agree, keep him, make him play, if he screws it up, he never gets a big payday. If he does play great, which I doubt, he is worth a higher draft pick.

    A 3rd????

    Wow.  That would be an overpay.  I’d take it if offered. That’s not pennies on the dollar and if you really think about it you could probably find a more football talented TE in 2021 draft in the third round that you would have control of for four years.
     

    @sdbacker80 said:

    A 3rd????

    Wow.  That would be an overpay.  I’d take it if offered. That’s not pennies on the dollar and if you really think about it you could probably find a more football talented TE in 2021 draft in the third round that you would have control of for four years.
     

    Well, I did say "less than a third"... meaning fourth or fifth...a party pizza from East of Chicago....a pickup truck bed full of root beer.....

  • @icecube said:

    You weren't around, this post is sarcasm. When I suggested OBJ wanted to be traded, Dutch endlessly said it wasn't true. 

    That post only "became sarcasm" after I posted Adam Schefter's Twitter showing the trade request to be reality.

    Dutch endlessly [and correctly] said the OBJ trade request wasn't true after Icecube kept quoting Colin Cowherd as his reliable source for the request.

    At this point the default opinion for anything Icecube posts has to be that it's going to be wrong.. even his opinions of himself.

    @unsympathetic said:

    That post only "became sarcasm" after I posted Adam Schefter's Twitter showing the trade request to be reality.

    Dutch endlessly [and correctly] said the OBJ trade request wasn't true after Icecube kept quoting Colin Cowherd as his reliable source for the request.

    At this point the default opinion for anything Icecube posts has to be that it's going to be wrong.. even his opinions of himself.

    Oh, because you say so, huh? LMFAO