Skip to content

Bill O'Clown finally fired

The Browns Board
43 16 918 1
  • @icecube said:

    Boy, that took longer than I thought. 

    https://dknation.draftkings.com/nfl/2020/10/5/21458850/bill-obrien-fired-rumors-news-houston-texans-head-coach-general-manager-replacement-candidates

    The guy was a buffoon. 

    I think we had a survey a couple weeks ago and He was my first and only guess.  

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I think we had a survey a couple weeks ago and He was my first and only guess.  

    We did....and while we didn't have a "pool', if we had, and you had him, you would have won.

    But it would have been close between him and Gase.   And right now the Falcons are getting their butts handed to them by the Pack....so their coach could be in trouble.   And Matt Patricia in Detroit is on shaky ground, IMO. 

  • Can’t believe he outlasted Gase in NYJ

    But then I heard the Jets want to lose every game, so keeping Gase is probably a good thing for them

    @browns149 said:

    Can’t believe he outlasted Gase in NYJ

    But then I heard the Jets want to lose every game, so keeping Gase is probably a good thing for them

    Do you think they are giving up on Darnold?  and Tanking for Trevor? 

  • Final thought...

    Another case of a decent HC who had his team in the playoffs going to "the boss" and saying, "Boss, if I could just have control of personnel..."

    How many times have we seen that be the end of a HC?

    @tour2ma said:

    Final thought...

    Another case of a decent HC who had his team in the playoffs going to "the boss" and saying, "Boss, if I could just have control of personnel..."

    How many times have we seen that be the end of a HC?

    That was the final straw. I couldn't believe it when they did that this offseason. 

    Then he goes batshit crazy and trades Hopkins, a WR that put up big numbers with QBs like Schaub and Osweiler.

    From Wikipedia, about his 2015 season: "Hopkins finished the 2015 season with then-career highs in receptions (111), receiving yards (1,521), and touchdowns (11), despite playing with four different quarterbacks (Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett, T. J. Yates, and Brandon Weeden)"

    Tell me how many of those QBs woud you have even as a backup QB in your team... Unbelievable player. 

    Bill O'Brien may have ended up messing the Texans this year even more than he has done all his years as a HC... 

  • Can’t believe he outlasted Gase in NYJ

    But then I heard the Jets want to lose every game, so keeping Gase is probably a good thing for them

    @browns149 said:

    Can’t believe he outlasted Gase in NYJ

    But then I heard the Jets want to lose every game, so keeping Gase is probably a good thing for them

    They clearly are all in on the Tank for Trevor train.. I feel bad for Darnold.. He's a great kid...

  • Literally one of the worst Gms in history of sport. It will take half a decade to fix that mess wasting away Watson's prime years. No cap or picks. Dolphins will be really good in like 3 years with all those 1st rounders.

  • @browns149 said:

    Can’t believe he outlasted Gase in NYJ

    But then I heard the Jets want to lose every game, so keeping Gase is probably a good thing for them

    Do you think they are giving up on Darnold?  and Tanking for Trevor? 

    @the-gipper said:

    Do you think they are giving up on Darnold?  and Tanking for Trevor? 

    After seeing what the Cardinals did I'm thinking yes, precedent has been set. Sucks because I thought Darnold was best QB in that class.

  • I figured he was a goner as soon as he traded Hopkins away.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I figured he was a goner as soon as he traded Hopkins away.

    The guy is dumber than a doorknob. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Do you think they are giving up on Darnold?  and Tanking for Trevor? 

    After seeing what the Cardinals did I'm thinking yes, precedent has been set. Sucks because I thought Darnold was best QB in that class.

    @warriorsrpussies said:

    After seeing what the Cardinals did I'm thinking yes, precedent has been set. Sucks because I thought Darnold was best QB in that class.

    Have you watched Sam play? He mostly sucks. I was never sold on him. He played on USC when they had better athletes than their opponents. He's another Matt Leinart. 

  • @warriorsrpussies said:

    After seeing what the Cardinals did I'm thinking yes, precedent has been set. Sucks because I thought Darnold was best QB in that class.

    Have you watched Sam play? He mostly sucks. I was never sold on him. He played on USC when they had better athletes than their opponents. He's another Matt Leinart. 

    @icecube said:

    Have you watched Sam play? He mostly sucks. I was never sold on him. He played on USC when they had better athletes than their opponents. He's another Matt Leinart. 

    Yeah I seen him play but Gase is as bad as Freddie and they're devoid of talent, so I don't think he got a fair shake.

  • N Neo

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Hopkins literally my favorite WR. He's just incredible. Although I'm partial to OBJ lately! ?

    I've said it before, I've never seen Hopkins drop a pass. Just amazing.

    @neo said:

    I've said it before, I've never seen Hopkins drop a pass. Just amazing.

    And given away for a RB who's last decent season was in 2016.....

    I think Bill tries so hard to imitate Hoodie that he loses his way. You can't just mimic another person 100% and be successful. When Bill found out how much Hops wanted in his next contract, he flipped out and over-reacted. 

  • @icecube said:

    Have you watched Sam play? He mostly sucks. I was never sold on him. He played on USC when they had better athletes than their opponents. He's another Matt Leinart. 

    Yeah I seen him play but Gase is as bad as Freddie and they're devoid of talent, so I don't think he got a fair shake.

    @warriorsrpussies said:

    Yeah I seen him play but Gase is as bad as Freddie and they're devoid of talent, so I don't think he got a fair shake.

    Just think...Gase thought he was too good for Cleveland and wouldn’t give an interview.

    Karma is a bitch.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Final thought...

    Another case of a decent HC who had his team in the playoffs going to "the boss" and saying, "Boss, if I could just have control of personnel..."

    How many times have we seen that be the end of a HC?

    Butch Davis and Eric Mangini on lines 1 and 2... 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Butch Davis and Eric Mangini on lines 1 and 2... 

    When was Mangini a GM? He wasn't when he was our HC.

  • N Neo

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Hopkins literally my favorite WR. He's just incredible. Although I'm partial to OBJ lately! ?

    I've said it before, I've never seen Hopkins drop a pass. Just amazing.

    @neo said:

    I've said it before, I've never seen Hopkins drop a pass. Just amazing.

    I have...

    ... I thought it was the first sign of the End of Days...

  • Thread appropriate tidbit from an article I'm reading...

    image.png.162ede236908bd569a0803861421865d.png

  • Thread appropriate tidbit from an article I'm reading...

    image.png.162ede236908bd569a0803861421865d.png

    @tour2ma said:

    Thread appropriate tidbit from an article I'm reading...

    Can anyone say any of that breaks their heart?

  • I  wasn't or .. Am not a fan of Bill O'Brien... Don't let the door hit your ass Bill.. We know how this show goes round these here parts... Take yo self elsewhere and keep it as far away from Cleveland as you possibly can... Good luck Romeo...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Butch Davis and Eric Mangini on lines 1 and 2... 

    When was Mangini a GM? He wasn't when he was our HC.

    @tour2ma said:

    When was Mangini a GM? He wasn't when he was our HC.

    He pretty much was running the whole show in '09, his first season with the Browns. 

    George Kokinis was an empty suit that was hired AFTER Mangini, and he was fired halfway through the 2009 season. Trust me, Mangini was running the Browns lock, stock and barrel... I and many others on the old board I was on argued for years with the brilliant mind that is Pete Smith (yes, THAT Pete Smith) about how Mangini completely butchered that draft. ? 

  • @warriorsrpussies said:

    After seeing what the Cardinals did I'm thinking yes, precedent has been set. Sucks because I thought Darnold was best QB in that class.

    Have you watched Sam play? He mostly sucks. I was never sold on him. He played on USC when they had better athletes than their opponents. He's another Matt Leinart. 

    @icecube said:

    Have you watched Sam play? He mostly sucks. I was never sold on him. He played on USC when they had better athletes than their opponents. He's another Matt Leinart. 

    You won't get any arguments out me about his sub-par play but look at the number Freddie did to Baker, it may take another year for him to recover. If I remember right Matt choose to bang bitches at USC while in the NFL, and party during the season like a crazy frat-boy.

  • @warriorsrpussies said:

    After seeing what the Cardinals did I'm thinking yes, precedent has been set. Sucks because I thought Darnold was best QB in that class.

    Have you watched Sam play? He mostly sucks. I was never sold on him. He played on USC when they had better athletes than their opponents. He's another Matt Leinart. 

    @icecube said:

    Have you watched Sam play? He mostly sucks. I was never sold on him. He played on USC when they had better athletes than their opponents. He's another Matt Leinart. 

    The question is if Sam is terrible, or just playing on a terrible team?  It's been the ruination of many highly drafted first round qbs.  David Carr comes to mind immediately.... Our own Tim Couch may be in the running... 

  • @icecube said:

    Have you watched Sam play? He mostly sucks. I was never sold on him. He played on USC when they had better athletes than their opponents. He's another Matt Leinart. 

    The question is if Sam is terrible, or just playing on a terrible team?  It's been the ruination of many highly drafted first round qbs.  David Carr comes to mind immediately.... Our own Tim Couch may be in the running... 

    @hoorta said:

    The question is if Sam is terrible, or just playing on a terrible team?  It's been the ruination of many highly drafted first round qbs.  David Carr comes to mind immediately.... Our own Tim Couch may be in the running... 

    We had Baker all set up for failure, but somebody went and prioritized the OL and kept 4 superior RBs + a FB + blocking TEs. Go figure.?