Skip to content

Bill O'Clown finally fired

The Browns Board
43 16 918 1
  • Can’t believe he outlasted Gase in NYJ

    But then I heard the Jets want to lose every game, so keeping Gase is probably a good thing for them

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @browns149 said:

    Can’t believe he outlasted Gase in NYJ

    But then I heard the Jets want to lose every game, so keeping Gase is probably a good thing for them

    They clearly are all in on the Tank for Trevor train.. I feel bad for Darnold.. He's a great kid...

  • WarriorsRpussiesW WarriorsRpussies wrote on last edited by WarriorsRpussies
    #16

    Literally one of the worst Gms in history of sport. It will take half a decade to fix that mess wasting away Watson's prime years. No cap or picks. Dolphins will be really good in like 3 years with all those 1st rounders.

  • @browns149 said:

    Can’t believe he outlasted Gase in NYJ

    But then I heard the Jets want to lose every game, so keeping Gase is probably a good thing for them

    Do you think they are giving up on Darnold?  and Tanking for Trevor? 

    WarriorsRpussiesW WarriorsRpussies wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @the-gipper said:

    Do you think they are giving up on Darnold?  and Tanking for Trevor? 

    After seeing what the Cardinals did I'm thinking yes, precedent has been set. Sucks because I thought Darnold was best QB in that class.

  • I figured he was a goner as soon as he traded Hopkins away.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @texasag1969 said:

    I figured he was a goner as soon as he traded Hopkins away.

    The guy is dumber than a doorknob. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Do you think they are giving up on Darnold?  and Tanking for Trevor? 

    After seeing what the Cardinals did I'm thinking yes, precedent has been set. Sucks because I thought Darnold was best QB in that class.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @warriorsrpussies said:

    After seeing what the Cardinals did I'm thinking yes, precedent has been set. Sucks because I thought Darnold was best QB in that class.

    Have you watched Sam play? He mostly sucks. I was never sold on him. He played on USC when they had better athletes than their opponents. He's another Matt Leinart. 

  • @warriorsrpussies said:

    After seeing what the Cardinals did I'm thinking yes, precedent has been set. Sucks because I thought Darnold was best QB in that class.

    Have you watched Sam play? He mostly sucks. I was never sold on him. He played on USC when they had better athletes than their opponents. He's another Matt Leinart. 

    WarriorsRpussiesW WarriorsRpussies wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @icecube said:

    Have you watched Sam play? He mostly sucks. I was never sold on him. He played on USC when they had better athletes than their opponents. He's another Matt Leinart. 

    Yeah I seen him play but Gase is as bad as Freddie and they're devoid of talent, so I don't think he got a fair shake.

  • N Neo

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Hopkins literally my favorite WR. He's just incredible. Although I'm partial to OBJ lately! ?

    I've said it before, I've never seen Hopkins drop a pass. Just amazing.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @neo said:

    I've said it before, I've never seen Hopkins drop a pass. Just amazing.

    And given away for a RB who's last decent season was in 2016.....

    I think Bill tries so hard to imitate Hoodie that he loses his way. You can't just mimic another person 100% and be successful. When Bill found out how much Hops wanted in his next contract, he flipped out and over-reacted. 

  • @icecube said:

    Have you watched Sam play? He mostly sucks. I was never sold on him. He played on USC when they had better athletes than their opponents. He's another Matt Leinart. 

    Yeah I seen him play but Gase is as bad as Freddie and they're devoid of talent, so I don't think he got a fair shake.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @warriorsrpussies said:

    Yeah I seen him play but Gase is as bad as Freddie and they're devoid of talent, so I don't think he got a fair shake.

    Just think...Gase thought he was too good for Cleveland and wouldn’t give an interview.

    Karma is a bitch.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Final thought...

    Another case of a decent HC who had his team in the playoffs going to "the boss" and saying, "Boss, if I could just have control of personnel..."

    How many times have we seen that be the end of a HC?

    Butch Davis and Eric Mangini on lines 1 and 2... 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @dutch-oven said:

    Butch Davis and Eric Mangini on lines 1 and 2... 

    When was Mangini a GM? He wasn't when he was our HC.

  • N Neo

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Hopkins literally my favorite WR. He's just incredible. Although I'm partial to OBJ lately! ?

    I've said it before, I've never seen Hopkins drop a pass. Just amazing.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @neo said:

    I've said it before, I've never seen Hopkins drop a pass. Just amazing.

    I have...

    ... I thought it was the first sign of the End of Days...

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Thread appropriate tidbit from an article I'm reading...

    image.png.162ede236908bd569a0803861421865d.png

  • Thread appropriate tidbit from an article I'm reading...

    image.png.162ede236908bd569a0803861421865d.png

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @tour2ma said:

    Thread appropriate tidbit from an article I'm reading...

    Can anyone say any of that breaks their heart?

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #27

    I  wasn't or .. Am not a fan of Bill O'Brien... Don't let the door hit your ass Bill.. We know how this show goes round these here parts... Take yo self elsewhere and keep it as far away from Cleveland as you possibly can... Good luck Romeo...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Butch Davis and Eric Mangini on lines 1 and 2... 

    When was Mangini a GM? He wasn't when he was our HC.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @tour2ma said:

    When was Mangini a GM? He wasn't when he was our HC.

    He pretty much was running the whole show in '09, his first season with the Browns. 

    George Kokinis was an empty suit that was hired AFTER Mangini, and he was fired halfway through the 2009 season. Trust me, Mangini was running the Browns lock, stock and barrel... I and many others on the old board I was on argued for years with the brilliant mind that is Pete Smith (yes, THAT Pete Smith) about how Mangini completely butchered that draft. ? 

  • @warriorsrpussies said:

    After seeing what the Cardinals did I'm thinking yes, precedent has been set. Sucks because I thought Darnold was best QB in that class.

    Have you watched Sam play? He mostly sucks. I was never sold on him. He played on USC when they had better athletes than their opponents. He's another Matt Leinart. 

    WarriorsRpussiesW WarriorsRpussies wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @icecube said:

    Have you watched Sam play? He mostly sucks. I was never sold on him. He played on USC when they had better athletes than their opponents. He's another Matt Leinart. 

    You won't get any arguments out me about his sub-par play but look at the number Freddie did to Baker, it may take another year for him to recover. If I remember right Matt choose to bang bitches at USC while in the NFL, and party during the season like a crazy frat-boy.

  • @warriorsrpussies said:

    After seeing what the Cardinals did I'm thinking yes, precedent has been set. Sucks because I thought Darnold was best QB in that class.

    Have you watched Sam play? He mostly sucks. I was never sold on him. He played on USC when they had better athletes than their opponents. He's another Matt Leinart. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @icecube said:

    Have you watched Sam play? He mostly sucks. I was never sold on him. He played on USC when they had better athletes than their opponents. He's another Matt Leinart. 

    The question is if Sam is terrible, or just playing on a terrible team?  It's been the ruination of many highly drafted first round qbs.  David Carr comes to mind immediately.... Our own Tim Couch may be in the running... 

  • @icecube said:

    Have you watched Sam play? He mostly sucks. I was never sold on him. He played on USC when they had better athletes than their opponents. He's another Matt Leinart. 

    The question is if Sam is terrible, or just playing on a terrible team?  It's been the ruination of many highly drafted first round qbs.  David Carr comes to mind immediately.... Our own Tim Couch may be in the running... 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @hoorta said:

    The question is if Sam is terrible, or just playing on a terrible team?  It's been the ruination of many highly drafted first round qbs.  David Carr comes to mind immediately.... Our own Tim Couch may be in the running... 

    We had Baker all set up for failure, but somebody went and prioritized the OL and kept 4 superior RBs + a FB + blocking TEs. Go figure.?

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    This guy went to the playoffs 4 of 6 years. Yeesh. I guess he completely screwed himself...but still...

  • This guy went to the playoffs 4 of 6 years. Yeesh. I guess he completely screwed himself...but still...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @jiggins7919 said:

    This guy went to the playoffs 4 of 6 years. Yeesh. I guess he completely screwed himself...but still...

    That is what happens often when the HC wants to also be the GM.   Occasionally it works out.  More often not, it seems, including our foray into Butch Davis trying to do that sort of thing. 

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #34

    Texans don't have a LB or DB worth trading for - unless OBrien will give Berry their CB Roby for a 2021 4th as a parting gift - so I'm actually happy with Texans treading water.  Means there's one less AFC playoff contender..