Skip to content

Baker Mayfield

The Browns Board
630 59 21.5k 1
  • Ordinarily I wouldn't put too much emphasis on any one game. Players have good days and bad days, especially qb's. But losing like that on the verge of getting into the playoffs and not being able to beat the worst team in the league is going to haunt him. All he had to do was fall forward and hold the ball. I honestly don't see how it even happened. Additionally, Baker has to play to a team that pressures more than any other and we saw how he handled the pressure against the literal worst defensive team in the nation. Oh yeah, it's the Steelers. We always play well against them. 

  • Back to average at best today...

  • Back to average at best today...

    @falcon7 said:

    Back to average at best today...

    Tough scale to grade on. Take away the little league QB sneak fumble, and Baker did the best he could given the weapons he had.

    Point fingers at the defense, it was they who needed to win the game today, and as usual, they were the achilles heal of the team. 

  • @falcon7 said:

    Back to average at best today...

    Tough scale to grade on. Take away the little league QB sneak fumble, and Baker did the best he could given the weapons he had.

    Point fingers at the defense, it was they who needed to win the game today, and as usual, they were the achilles heal of the team. 

    @d-bone said:

    Tough scale to grade on. Take away the little league QB sneak fumble, and Baker did the best he could given the weapons he had.

    Point fingers at the defense, it was they who needed to win the game today, and as usual, they were the achilles heal of the team. 

    Almost had that TD. 

  • @baconhound said:

    If Baker is the answer we are in trouble 

    Just admit it... You hate the man...

    @nickers said:

    Just admit it... You hate the man...

    Lol.  Don’t hate anybody.  Baker is a fantastic cheerleader and at times a very good QB.  He isn’t consistent and is prone to making poor decisions.  I saw this at OU.  When the team is firing on all cylinders he is very good.  When they aren’t he is terrible.

  • @nickers said:

    Just admit it... You hate the man...

    Lol.  Don’t hate anybody.  Baker is a fantastic cheerleader and at times a very good QB.  He isn’t consistent and is prone to making poor decisions.  I saw this at OU.  When the team is firing on all cylinders he is very good.  When they aren’t he is terrible.

    @baconhound said:

    Lol.  Don’t hate anybody.  Baker is a fantastic cheerleader and at times a very good QB.  He isn’t consistent and is prone to making poor decisions.  I saw this at OU.  When the team is firing on all cylinders he is very good.  When they aren’t he is terrible.

    Baker had a terrible game at the worst possible time. It's not all on him, the supporting cast was decimated. Just get Landry on the field, and we may well have won.  🙁  

  • @nickers said:

    Just admit it... You hate the man...

    Lol.  Don’t hate anybody.  Baker is a fantastic cheerleader and at times a very good QB.  He isn’t consistent and is prone to making poor decisions.  I saw this at OU.  When the team is firing on all cylinders he is very good.  When they aren’t he is terrible.

    @baconhound said:

    Lol.  Don’t hate anybody.  Baker is a fantastic cheerleader and at times a very good QB.  He isn’t consistent and is prone to making poor decisions.  I saw this at OU.  When the team is firing on all cylinders he is very good.  When they aren’t he is terrible.

      The offensive line is the engine that runs the car. and vs the jets, the car had bad tires on the front of the car.....(wr's) , two cylinders misfiring and backfiring -

    of course the steering wheel and gas pedal aren't going to win the race and be excellent. The offensive line was overrun. The Jets have more roughing the passer penalites than any team in the NFL? I think that was what they said. He couldn't have confidence in his oline - well, I watched Peyton Manning's oline have a terrible game - Peyton threw three interceptions in one half. If the oline can't block well or great on plays - the plays don't work - doesn't matter who is the qb. Being a great runner helps at times....

    I see the Browns winning the last game if they get their players back.

  • @baconhound said:

    Lol.  Don’t hate anybody.  Baker is a fantastic cheerleader and at times a very good QB.  He isn’t consistent and is prone to making poor decisions.  I saw this at OU.  When the team is firing on all cylinders he is very good.  When they aren’t he is terrible.

      The offensive line is the engine that runs the car. and vs the jets, the car had bad tires on the front of the car.....(wr's) , two cylinders misfiring and backfiring -

    of course the steering wheel and gas pedal aren't going to win the race and be excellent. The offensive line was overrun. The Jets have more roughing the passer penalites than any team in the NFL? I think that was what they said. He couldn't have confidence in his oline - well, I watched Peyton Manning's oline have a terrible game - Peyton threw three interceptions in one half. If the oline can't block well or great on plays - the plays don't work - doesn't matter who is the qb. Being a great runner helps at times....

    I see the Browns winning the last game if they get their players back.

    @calfoxwc said:

      The offensive line is the engine that runs the car. and vs the jets, the car had bad tires on the front of the car.....(wr's) , two cylinders misfiring and backfiring -

    of course the steering wheel and gas pedal aren't going to win the race and be excellent. The offensive line was overrun. The Jets have more roughing the passer penalites than any team in the NFL? I think that was what they said. He couldn't have confidence in his oline - well, I watched Peyton Manning's oline have a terrible game - Peyton threw three interceptions in one half. If the oline can't block well or great on plays - the plays don't work - doesn't matter who is the qb. Being a great runner helps at times....

    I see the Browns winning the last game if they get their players back.

    I see an easy win, I don't think Pitt is even playing most starters, are they?

  • @calfoxwc said:

      The offensive line is the engine that runs the car. and vs the jets, the car had bad tires on the front of the car.....(wr's) , two cylinders misfiring and backfiring -

    of course the steering wheel and gas pedal aren't going to win the race and be excellent. The offensive line was overrun. The Jets have more roughing the passer penalites than any team in the NFL? I think that was what they said. He couldn't have confidence in his oline - well, I watched Peyton Manning's oline have a terrible game - Peyton threw three interceptions in one half. If the oline can't block well or great on plays - the plays don't work - doesn't matter who is the qb. Being a great runner helps at times....

    I see the Browns winning the last game if they get their players back.

    I see an easy win, I don't think Pitt is even playing most starters, are they?

    @icecube said:

    I see an easy win, I don't think Pitt is even playing most starters, are they?

    I think they play them to try and get a better seeding I think...

  • @icecube said:

    I see an easy win, I don't think Pitt is even playing most starters, are they?

    I think they play them to try and get a better seeding I think...

    @nickers said:

    I think they play them to try and get a better seeding I think...

    Usually there will be an article or two coming out soon on which teams take a rest in week 17. I think Pitt will be one that has no need to win. We shall see.

  • I love how Baker gets all the blame when our defense couldn't stop my local high school team from scoring!

  • @nickers said:

    I think they play them to try and get a better seeding I think...

    Usually there will be an article or two coming out soon on which teams take a rest in week 17. I think Pitt will be one that has no need to win. We shall see.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Usually there will be an article or two coming out soon on which teams take a rest in week 17. I think Pitt will be one that has no need to win. We shall see.

    No.  We have gone over this numerous times.  They have to win and hope Buff. loses a game so they can get the #2 spot.  Plus 2 home playoff games potentially.