The "It's-later-than-you-think" 2021 Mock Draft Thread
-
The player and their draft prospects speak for themselves.
I was curious to why you put "No Comment" by those two.
Because both did not come close to playing like the top prospects they were going into the season.
In the time I wrote this, Northwestern just got three first downs on Wade by running out routes on him, because he's apparently petrified of getting beat deep and plays 10 yards off receivers.
I'm already on record numerous times about how I feel about Fields.
In the time I wrote this, Northwestern just got three first downs on Wade by running out routes on him, because he's apparently petrified of getting beat deep and plays 10 yards off receivers.
DBs set where the called Defense dictates.
Also... I did not realize the game is still going on.
-
-
The player and their draft prospects speak for themselves.
I was curious to why you put "No Comment" by those two.
Because both did not come close to playing like the top prospects they were going into the season.
In the time I wrote this, Northwestern just got three first downs on Wade by running out routes on him, because he's apparently petrified of getting beat deep and plays 10 yards off receivers.
I'm already on record numerous times about how I feel about Fields.
I was curious to why you put "No Comment" by those two.
Because both did not come close to playing like the top prospects they were going into the season.
In the time I wrote this, Northwestern just got three first downs on Wade by running out routes on him, because he's apparently petrified of getting beat deep and plays 10 yards off receivers.
I'm already on record numerous times about how I feel about Fields.
You'll notice the OSU DB play has fallen off when Hafley departed.
I'm not as bullish on Wade as I am Fields. Wade is a talented DB that needs a little time. Top 10? No. But when the Browns pick? I don't hate the idea at the moment.
-
Yeah I figured Wade was going in the 1st but not Top 10
-
In the time I wrote this, Northwestern just got three first downs on Wade by running out routes on him, because he's apparently petrified of getting beat deep and plays 10 yards off receivers.
DBs set where the called Defense dictates.
Also... I did not realize the game is still going on.
-
Yeah, that's a joke.
Pretty sure I knew that...
... which should tell you it's not Gipper.
-
Suggest away, since there's no way to verify. But chances are I'm right otherwise I tend to shut my mouth. If JF shows out against Clemson like he did against NU and the draft board slide talk begins - then I'll accept your nod as being better than some professional draft 'prognosticator'. Keep in mind a good deal of mocks have Fields as high as #2.
Should be an interesting couple weeks.
Suggest away, since there's no way to verify. But chances are I'm right otherwise I tend to shut my mouth. If JF shows out against Clemson like he did against NU and the draft board slide talk begins - then I'll accept your nod as being better than some professional draft 'prognosticator'. Keep in mind a good deal of mocks have Fields as high as #2.
Should be an interesting couple weeks.
There certainly is a way to verify if the prognosticators have them ranked in Top 10. Just read their articles. As you say, many have him going #2.
I am not saying now what teams will do in May, or whatever. I am saying how people...pros at that job...view them now.
-
I was curious to why you put "No Comment" by those two.
Because both did not come close to playing like the top prospects they were going into the season.
In the time I wrote this, Northwestern just got three first downs on Wade by running out routes on him, because he's apparently petrified of getting beat deep and plays 10 yards off receivers.
I'm already on record numerous times about how I feel about Fields.
You'll notice the OSU DB play has fallen off when Hafley departed.
I'm not as bullish on Wade as I am Fields. Wade is a talented DB that needs a little time. Top 10? No. But when the Browns pick? I don't hate the idea at the moment.
You'll notice the OSU DB play has fallen off when Hafley departed.
I'm not as bullish on Wade as I am Fields. Wade is a talented DB that needs a little time. Top 10? No. But when the Browns pick? I don't hate the idea at the moment.
Hafley was and still is a great coach but there is no Chase Young type disruptor hurrying the clock of a QB. And Guys like Sevyn Banks and Cam Brown aren’t as athletically gifted as Okudah. Arnette makes your case for Hafley being missed. Arnette played himself into a first round pick and I think Hafley had a lot to do with that but it took time and a lot of reps. This current OSU DB group has not been afforded that same opportunity.
I tend to agree to on Wade. He’s no Okaduh that’s for sure. Not a pure cover guy, he’s not very fluid in that department. But he’s a great tackler and he’s an instinctive football player. Pretty versatile- he played in the slot last year ventured out this year. He’s not a No. 1 WR eraser. I think he’s a 15-20 type selection.
-
We need premium draft capital spent on LBs, Interior Dlineman and a DE. Perhaps even a CB.
We have a 1,2,3,3,4,4...5 of those 6 picks need investment at these three spots. We are at point where need trumps all.
Im willing to give Delpit a shot (he will essentially be a rookie coming off an Achilles not a good combo from instant contribution) and I’d couple that with an actual starter via free agency. So we roll with Harrison, Delpit and free agent starter.
-
Suggest away, since there's no way to verify. But chances are I'm right otherwise I tend to shut my mouth. If JF shows out against Clemson like he did against NU and the draft board slide talk begins - then I'll accept your nod as being better than some professional draft 'prognosticator'. Keep in mind a good deal of mocks have Fields as high as #2.
Should be an interesting couple weeks.
There certainly is a way to verify if the prognosticators have them ranked in Top 10. Just read their articles. As you say, many have him going #2.
I am not saying now what teams will do in May, or whatever. I am saying how people...pros at that job...view them now.
There certainly is a way to verify if the prognosticators have them ranked in Top 10. Just read their articles. As you say, many have him going #2.
I am not saying now what teams will do in May, or whatever. I am saying how people...pros at that job...view them now.
Tell you what, you can go ahead and get to work on linking all the articles from these experts since you're the one making the claim. Make sure those articles are dated on or after the 19th.
-
For me what will be interesting is what players actually take advantage of the extra Covid year of eligibility in order to gain a higher draft status in 2022.
-
There certainly is a way to verify if the prognosticators have them ranked in Top 10. Just read their articles. As you say, many have him going #2.
I am not saying now what teams will do in May, or whatever. I am saying how people...pros at that job...view them now.
Tell you what, you can go ahead and get to work on linking all the articles from these experts since you're the one making the claim. Make sure those articles are dated on or after the 19th.
Tell you what, you can go ahead and get to work on linking all the articles from these experts since you're the one making the claim. Make sure those articles are dated on or after the 19th.
From Tankathon:
1 Trevor Lawrence - QB 2 Justin Fields - QB 3 Penei Sewell - OT 4 Micah Parsons - OLB/ILB 5 Patrick Surtain II - CB -
Walter Football:
Jacksonville Jaguars: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State 
The Gardner Minshew experience was fun, but it's sadly coming to an end. Minshew is a feisty quarterback, but will be relegated to backup duties because he can't throw passes longer than 15 yards.
Justin Fields made the egregious mistake of committing to a program with a talented, young quarterback in Jake Fromm, so he was blocked from starting. Fields, however, was able to transfer to Ohio State, where he dominated in his first season. He continued his strong play into the shortened 2020 campaign, aside from a sloppy performance against Indiana -
NFL Mock Draft SiteDateNo. 1No. 2No. 3No. 4No. 512/17T.LawrenceJ.FieldsP.SewellG.RousseauS.Cosmi12/17T.LawrenceZ.WilsonJ.ChaseP.SewellJ.Fields12/16T.LawrenceJ.FieldsP.SewellG.RousseauK.Paye12/16T.LawrenceJ.FieldsP.SewellG.RousseauM.Jones12/16T.LawrenceJ.FieldsM.ParsonsG.RousseauP.Sewell12/16T.LawrenceJ.FieldsP.SewellS.CosmiP.Surtain12/15T.LawrenceJ.FieldsP.SewellK.PittsR.Slater12/14T.LawrenceJ.FieldsP.SewellP.SurtainC.Farley12/13T.LawrenceJ.FieldsP.SewellJ.ChaseG.Rousseau12/13T.LawrenceJ.FieldsP.SewellP.SurtainM.Parsons12/11T.LawrenceJ.FieldsP.SewellG.RousseauK.Pitts12/11T.LawrenceJ.FieldsP.SewellT.LanceP.Surtain12/11T.LawrenceJ.FieldsP.SewellJ.ChaseM.Parsons12/10T.LawrenceJ.FieldsP.SewellM.ParsonsZ.Wilson12/6T.LawrenceJ.FieldsP.SewellG.RousseauR.Walker12/2S.HowellE.NealD.StingleyO.PappoeK.Thibodeaux12/1T.LawrenceJ.FieldsP.SewellP.SurtainM.Parsons12/1T.LawrenceJ.FieldsC.BarmoreG.RousseauP.Sewell11/28T.SloughD.StingleyL.BrownD.NixonJ.Ross11/21T.LawrenceJ.FieldsG.RousseauT.LanceP.Sewell11/18T.LawrenceJ.FieldsP.SewellP.SurtainM.Parsons11/17T.LawrenceJ.FieldsP.SewellT.LanceM.Parsons11/15S.HowellK.SlovisL.BrownD.StingleyK.Thibodeaux11/11T.LawrenceJ.FieldsG.RousseauM.ParsonsT.Lance11/10T.LawrenceJ.FieldsS.WadeG.RousseauJ.Chase11/9T.LawrenceJ.FieldsP.SewellM.ParsonsZ.Wilson11/7T.LawrenceJ.FieldsP.SewellJ.ChaseP.Surtain10/28T.LawrenceJ.FieldsG.RousseauJ.ChaseP.Sewell9/8T.LawrenceP.SewellJ.FieldsT.LanceJ.Chase9/12T.LawrenceP.SewellJ.FieldsJ.ChaseM.Parsons9/2T.LawrenceP.SewellJ.ChaseG.RousseauM.Parsons8/31T.LawrenceP.SewellJ.ChaseG.RousseauT.Lance8/28T.LawrenceJ.FieldsG.RousseauJ.ChaseT.Lance8/19T.LawrenceJ.FieldsP.SewellM.ParsonsT.Lance5/14C.StroudD.UiagaleleiB.BreseeD.SandersT.Davis5/6T.LawrenceG.RousseauP.SewellJ.ChaseJ.Fields5/5T.LanceK.ThibodeauxD.StingleyK.HamiltonZ.Harrison5/3T.LawrenceJ.FieldsG.RousseauP.SewellJ.Chase5/1T.LawrenceP.SewellJ.FieldsJ.ChaseG.Rousseau4/30P.SewellJ.ChaseT.LawrenceG.RousseauJ.Ross4/29J.FieldsP.SewellJ.ChaseG.RousseauD.Smith4/29T.LawrenceP.SewellJ.ChaseG.RousseauJ.Fields4/27T.LawrenceP.SewellG.RousseauJ.ChaseJ.Fields4/27T.LawrenceJ.FieldsP.SewellW.LittleJ.Chase4/26T.LawrenceP.SewellJ.ChaseG.RousseauJ.Fields
Advertisement
Advertisement
-
And I don't have to make sure of shit.
You prove what you say by linking anything after the 19th that says otherwise. If there are anything I guess they are going to say that a sprained thumb is a reason for degrading a person's draft prospect.
-
And I don't have to make sure of shit.
You prove what you say by linking anything after the 19th that says otherwise. If there are anything I guess they are going to say that a sprained thumb is a reason for degrading a person's draft prospect.
And I don't have to make sure of shit.
You prove what you say by linking anything after the 19th that says otherwise. If there are anything I guess they are going to say that a sprained thumb is a reason for degrading a person's draft prospect.
So none of those links are from the end of this regular season then? Noted.
-
And I don't have to make sure of shit.
You prove what you say by linking anything after the 19th that says otherwise. If there are anything I guess they are going to say that a sprained thumb is a reason for degrading a person's draft prospect.
So none of those links are from the end of this regular season then? Noted.
So none of those links are from the end of this regular season then? Noted.
They are just a few that I could find. These were what were on Tankathon and Walter football as of right here, right now. And as you can see some of those links in the database were updated as of the 16th or 17th, which is only 4-5 days ago. You want something since then....you find them.
-
Kiper:
Mel Kiper 2021 NFL Draft Big Board:
IDECEMBER 17, 2020
Here are his top 10 prospects:
1. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
2. Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
3. Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
4. DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
5. Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU
6. Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
7. Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
8. Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
9. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB, Notre Dame
10. Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa
-
Todd McShay Mock Draft
4. CAROLINA PANTHERS - JUSTIN FIELDS, QB - OHIO STATE
-
Kiper:
Mel Kiper 2021 NFL Draft Big Board:
IDECEMBER 17, 2020
Here are his top 10 prospects:
1. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
2. Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
3. Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
4. DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
5. Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU
6. Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
7. Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
8. Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
9. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB, Notre Dame
10. Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa
Kiper:
Mel Kiper 2021 NFL Draft Big Board:
IDECEMBER 17, 2020
Here are his top 10 prospects:
1. Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
2. Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
3. Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
4. DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
5. Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU
6. Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
7. Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
8. Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
9. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB, Notre Dame
10. Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa
You're purposefully avoiding anything Saturday or after. And Mel Kiper? Please.
He's a link from 11/5/12. Before the real pro's started their draft evals on Matt Barkley. The supposed #1 overall pick bestest,evvaaaaaaaaa
Fast forward to the end of bowl season and he sunk like the Edmund Fitz.
You see my point, yes?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login




