The "It's-later-than-you-think" 2021 Mock Draft Thread
-
Well you've definitely never been wrong about or overhyped anything relating to Ohio or OSU in the past...
-
Well you've definitely never been wrong about or overhyped anything relating to Ohio or OSU in the past...
Well you've definitely never been wrong about or overhyped anything relating to Ohio or OSU in the past...
Yes you are right.
-
Browns trading back wouldn't net much - thinking tiers, last 10 of the first and first 10 of the second are roughly equivalent.. Depends on the individual player of course, but don't drift away into fantasyland thinking that everyone is as terrible at trades as the ex-Texans GM. For us to "win a trade-back" .. someone has to be that idiot you're planning to fleece, and I just don't see it.
-
Browns trading back wouldn't net much - thinking tiers, last 10 of the first and first 10 of the second are roughly equivalent.. Depends on the individual player of course, but don't drift away into fantasyland thinking that everyone is as terrible at trades as the ex-Texans GM. For us to "win a trade-back" .. someone has to be that idiot you're planning to fleece, and I just don't see it.
Browns trading back wouldn't net much - thinking tiers, last 10 of the first and first 10 of the second are roughly equivalent.. Depends on the individual player of course, but don't drift away into fantasyland thinking that everyone is as terrible at trades as the ex-Texans GM. For us to "win a trade-back" .. someone has to be that idiot you're planning to fleece, and I just don't see it.
Right now they would be drafting in the dreaded #22 spot!! Isn't that where they took Quinn, Weeden and JMZ?
-
Here is who one mock draft has them taking. What do all you "draft experts" say about this possible choice? :
226'4"253 lbs -
Here is who one mock draft has them taking. What do all you "draft experts" say about this possible choice? :
226'4"253 lbsHere is who one mock draft has them taking. What do all you "draft experts" say about this possible choice? :
226'4"253 lbsNot opposed at all.
I usually don’t like Notre Dame guys but Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, OLB, Notre Dame caught my attention this year.
Seems like the type of athlete that can chase Lamar too. -
Here is who one mock draft has them taking. What do all you "draft experts" say about this possible choice? :
226'4"253 lbsNot opposed at all.
I usually don’t like Notre Dame guys but Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, OLB, Notre Dame caught my attention this year.
Seems like the type of athlete that can chase Lamar too.Seems like the type of athlete that can chase Lamar too
Maybe, but it'd be better to have someone who could actually catch LJ...

-
The nice thing about me, Gip... I don't even charge for the premium opinions I provide.
-
The nice thing about me, Gip... I don't even charge for the premium opinions I provide.
The nice thing about me, Gip... I don't even charge for the premium opinions I provide.
And I won't charge you for my earlier opinion that.....despite all of the mocks post-Northwestern that still had him in the Top 5, I said that he WOULD slip down to like 9-10.....because...just as you see here, other than Jags who will take Trevor, none of the other teams before 9-10 are really in the market for a QB.
BUT....I may charge you for my opinion that Zack Wilson of BYU may be taken over Fields....not because Fields would be devalued, but because, I think, Wilson's draft prospect evaluations may skyrocket.
-
The nice thing about me, Gip... I don't even charge for the premium opinions I provide.
The nice thing about me, Gip... I don't even charge for the premium opinions I provide.
I see no reason for the Broncos to take a questionable QB when they already have a good one in Lock. Waste of a pick when they need more help in the OL.
-
The nice thing about me, Gip... I don't even charge for the premium opinions I provide.
I see no reason for the Broncos to take a questionable QB when they already have a good one in Lock. Waste of a pick when they need more help in the OL.
when they already have a good one in Lock.
You and John Elway might be the only one's to think that.
-
The nice thing about me, Gip... I don't even charge for the premium opinions I provide.
I see no reason for the Broncos to take a questionable QB when they already have a good one in Lock. Waste of a pick when they need more help in the OL.
I see no reason for the Broncos to take a questionable QB when they already have a good one in Lock. Waste of a pick when they need more help in the OL.
Well......I think few would agree with you that the prospects for Lock are better than those for Fields.
Do the "experts on here agree with that?
-
when they already have a good one in Lock.
You and John Elway might be the only one's to think that.
-
when they already have a good one in Lock.
You and John Elway might be the only one's to think that.
-
Pu
Maybe John knows the real problem is in the OL.
Well I'm sure Denver fans hope Elway is better at identifying OL talent than he is QB talent.
Because he's taken 3 top 50 picks on a QB in the last 7 years.
-
Pu
Maybe John knows the real problem is in the OL.
Well I'm sure Denver fans hope Elway is better at identifying OL talent than he is QB talent.
Because he's taken 3 top 50 picks on a QB in the last 7 years.
Well I'm sure Denver fans hope Elway is better at identifying OL talent than he is QB talent.
Because he's taken 3 top 50 picks on a QB in the last 7 years.
And taking Fields would be exactly the same IMO. Time to do exactly what the Browns did. Fix that OL immediately and use the #1 pick on a good one like we did. When you put a decent QB behind it who isn't running for his life every other play, then maybe you can see what he really looks like. Lock has shown me enough to believe he will be good behind an OL that gives him time to really go through progressions.
-
Well I'm sure Denver fans hope Elway is better at identifying OL talent than he is QB talent.
Because he's taken 3 top 50 picks on a QB in the last 7 years.
And taking Fields would be exactly the same IMO. Time to do exactly what the Browns did. Fix that OL immediately and use the #1 pick on a good one like we did. When you put a decent QB behind it who isn't running for his life every other play, then maybe you can see what he really looks like. Lock has shown me enough to believe he will be good behind an OL that gives him time to really go through progressions.
And taking Fields would be exactly the same IMO. Time to do exactly what the Browns did. Fix that OL immediately and use the #1 pick on a good one like we did. When you put a decent QB behind it who isn't running for his life every other play, then maybe you can see what he really looks like. Lock has shown me enough to believe he will be good behind an OL that gives him time to really go through progressions.
I don't think Lock is viewed with the same potential as Baker Mayfield was when we all knew that the Browns were in desperate need of a LT when we drafted Wills. Is he?
-
Call me an OSU homer..Fields may play well or put out a few more bad clips this Friday. I think he’s actually going to play a little more relaxed this Friday.
But I strongly believe he will put on a show during his workouts with his arm, his legs and his mind and he will be a top prospect this draft.
There have been enough flashes of potential in the past season and a half.
-
when they already have a good one in Lock.
You and John Elway might be the only one's to think that.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
