The "It's-later-than-you-think" 2021 Mock Draft Thread
-
I saw another mock that had Patrick Jones II as the Browns #26 overall pick. I'm curious to where most draft sites have him.
I saw another mock that had Patrick Jones II as the Browns #26 overall pick. I'm curious to where most draft sites have him.
The ACC has 4 very good DE's... The U's Rousseau, I'd be very shocked if he's still hanging around after pick 15.. Clemson's DE Xavier Thomas fits more of a 3-4 scheme..
The 2 left that scheme well to us would be Pitt's Patrick Jones II.. Than Wake Forest DE Carlos 'boogie' Basham jr.
Both bring 6'5 frames..Basham brings straight-line 275lbs/ Jones is a leaner 260, with multi pass rushing moves..
Imho acc viewing opinion...
Most of Patrick Jones snaps have come from Garrett's side..He's never been asked to standup at the LOS to play at Pitt...
Boogie Basham has gametape of playing both DE sides, including lining him up as a interior rusher player as a rover DT..
both these 2 cats ^^ can straight up play with huge motors that burr thru 4 quarters..
-
* After tonight, just checking back in.
Wade is out of the 1st barring some dumb move by a GM or destroying the combine and convincing scouts it the coaches fault at tOSU.
Scouts are going to look twice at Fields spotty off-speed throwing when coming off his primary and most importantly - leading his targets into harms way (Battle's hit on Ruckert)
* After tonight, just checking back in.
Wade is out of the 1st barring some dumb move by a GM or destroying the combine and convincing scouts it the coaches fault at tOSU.
Scouts are going to look twice at Fields spotty off-speed throwing when coming off his primary and most importantly - leading his targets into harms way (Battle's hit on Ruckert)
I agree. I don't usually watch much OSU football anymore. Every time they play, there is almost a more interesting game to watch.
I had heard much about Wade. I know one game probably doesn't tell the whole story, but the guy looked extremely slow for a touted top level corner.
-
Here's the 7-rounder I did at DraftNetwork.. Interesting to see the 6'6 WR available in the 7th and Cisco sitting there in the 3rd
26. Nick Bolton LB, Missouri
58. Patrick Jones II EDGE, Pittsburgh
89. Andre Cisco S, Syracuse
91. Alim McNeill IDL, NC State
110. Jordan Smith EDGE, UAB
130. DJ Daniel CB, Georgia
168. Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR, Iowa
206. Rachad Wildgoose Jr. CB, Wisconsin
250. Warren Jackson WR, Colorado StateWatched two games of Cisco. If he's the #1 safety in this class, then I don't want to see the rest.
-
Not that any of this is realistic, but I like that trades have been disabled. Too many people make trades like it is some fantasy game. At least this way you get stuck with who is available, much like a real draft. It doesn't become plucking all the premium players or all OSU players.
Not that any of this is realistic, but I like that trades have been disabled. Too many people make trades like it is some fantasy game. At least this way you get stuck with who is available, much like a real draft. It doesn't become plucking all the premium players or all OSU players.
Well....It IS some kind of a fantasy game really, these draft sites. Fair to say?
-
Not that any of this is realistic, but I like that trades have been disabled. Too many people make trades like it is some fantasy game. At least this way you get stuck with who is available, much like a real draft. It doesn't become plucking all the premium players or all OSU players.
-
Looking into my latest effort more and I really it...
- Bolton (ILB, Missou)... addressed him in tia's Prospect thread... he's the modern MIKE.
- Basham (Edge, Wake)... besides being a great name for an Edge he has 4-3 size (6'4, 275), power and pass-rush tech. Not a burst-guy, edge bender, but has decent speed.
- Tuipulotu (IDL, USC)... every team needs a Samoan IDL... he's 6'4, 295 stout against the run with agility, a strong bull rush and a high-motor.
- Sermon (RB, tOSU)... had no plans to take him, but sitting there around this pick? He's my "Chubb got too expensive" insurance policy.
- Huhanga (S, USC)... at 6'1, 215 he feels more like a SS/hybrid LB, also lacks FS speed with mid-4.5s 40 speed, but reportedly hits hard and should be a ST standout
- Schwartz (WR, Auburn)... 6'0, 187 and runs in the mid-4.3s and is quick as well as fast... route tree needs work and body needs mass... developmental WR.
- Mond (QB, TAMU)... cause DePo told me to... plus "you should always be looking for your next QB" is my motto, so who better than my 2020 "Darkhorse"... great mechanics.
Only did five rounds as site was acting up last night... In rounds 6 and 7 Trevor Lawrence was being taken every third pick...

And @tiamat63 your CB, Vincent, went a couple picks before I took Huhanga in the 4th. I had my eye on him and per their ranking he should have still comfortably been there for our 2nd, 4th-round pick.
-
Looking into my latest effort more and I really it...
- Bolton (ILB, Missou)... addressed him in tia's Prospect thread... he's the modern MIKE.
- Basham (Edge, Wake)... besides being a great name for an Edge he has 4-3 size (6'4, 275), power and pass-rush tech. Not a burst-guy, edge bender, but has decent speed.
- Tuipulotu (IDL, USC)... every team needs a Samoan IDL... he's 6'4, 295 stout against the run with agility, a strong bull rush and a high-motor.
- Sermon (RB, tOSU)... had no plans to take him, but sitting there around this pick? He's my "Chubb got too expensive" insurance policy.
- Huhanga (S, USC)... at 6'1, 215 he feels more like a SS/hybrid LB, also lacks FS speed with mid-4.5s 40 speed, but reportedly hits hard and should be a ST standout
- Schwartz (WR, Auburn)... 6'0, 187 and runs in the mid-4.3s and is quick as well as fast... route tree needs work and body needs mass... developmental WR.
- Mond (QB, TAMU)... cause DePo told me to... plus "you should always be looking for your next QB" is my motto, so who better than my 2020 "Darkhorse"... great mechanics.
Only did five rounds as site was acting up last night... In rounds 6 and 7 Trevor Lawrence was being taken every third pick...

And @tiamat63 your CB, Vincent, went a couple picks before I took Huhanga in the 4th. I had my eye on him and per their ranking he should have still comfortably been there for our 2nd, 4th-round pick.
Looking into my latest effort more and I really it...
- Bolton (ILB, Missou)... addressed him in tia's Prospect thread... he's the modern MIKE.
- Basham (Edge, Wake)... besides being a great name for an Edge he has 4-3 size (6'4, 275), power and pass-rush tech. Not a burst-guy, edge bender, but has decent speed.
- Tuipulotu (IDL, USC)... every team needs a Samoan IDL... he's 6'4, 295 stout against the run with agility, a strong bull rush and a high-motor.
- Sermon (RB, tOSU)... had no plans to take him, but sitting there around this pick? He's my "Chubb got too expensive" insurance policy.
- Huhanga (S, USC)... at 6'1, 215 he feels more like a SS/hybrid LB, also lacks FS speed with mid-4.5s 40 speed, but reportedly hits hard and should be a ST standout
- Schwartz (WR, Auburn)... 6'0, 187 and runs in the mid-4.3s and is quick as well as fast... route tree needs work and body needs mass... developmental WR.
- Mond (QB, TAMU)... cause DePo told me to... plus "you should always be looking for your next QB" is my motto, so who better than my 2020 "Darkhorse"... great mechanics.
Only did five rounds as site was acting up last night... In rounds 6 and 7 Trevor Lawrence was being taken every third pick...

And @tiamat63 your CB, Vincent, went a couple picks before I took Huhanga in the 4th. I had my eye on him and per their ranking he should have still comfortably been there for our 2nd, 4th-round pick.
Was told Huhanga is the next Su'a Cravens. Haven't been able to confirm that on film yet.
But yes, Kary most likely won't go before the late 3rd because of the "slot" label.
-
Did i read somewhere in a thread, that you watched the better Cuse player that maybe a fit? https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/ifeatu-melifonwu/yjuBjN1Blt i looked back but can't find it..thanks.... hope is.. is to take Claypool's size & speed away
No, I haven't. You're thinking of @calfoxwc reference to Owawu (spell check) from ND.
I'm going through DB's I like first. I'm still wrapping up Kary Vincent. At the urging of a friend who texted me, I'll be moving on to Cal's boy 2nd in my viewings.
No, I haven't. You're thinking of @calfoxwc reference to Owawu (spell check) from ND.
I'm going through DB's I like first. I'm still wrapping up Kary Vincent. At the urging of a friend who texted me, I'll be moving on to Cal's boy 2nd in my viewings.
Don’t forget Jack Sanborn. ILB Wisconsin. He impressed me against OSU 2019-2020 season
Scratch it. He’s returning.
-
Did a 7-rounder today... and Trevor Lawrence was only selected 5 or 6 time in the 7th round...
... I'd say they have a glitch.
DraftNetwork's fee for Premium in only $25 (round numbers).... and you get a lot more than trading in their Mock Machine.
Anyway here's the latest. Some picks were the same... some not.
- Bolton (same)... my MIKE...
- Holland (FS, Oregon)... DraftNet's write up on the kid is to say the least glowing.
- Tuipulotu (same)... versatile, 3-down IDL
- Jones II (Edge, Pitt)... while not as keen on him as some here due to frame questions, he looks to be a great, Round 3 value.
- Vincent, Jr. (CB, DBU)... for @tiamat63 (see write up on him below)
- Imatorbhebhe (WR, Illinois)... our new biggun... 6'2, 215 with good speed and agility.
- Mond (same)... love me some Darkhorse QB draftin'
- Darden (WR, North Texas)... our new, 5'9, 170# waterbug described as having "elite levels of twitch".
- Morrissey (IOL, Pitt)... 6'3, 300# "technician" in PassPro and ZBS.
-
Did a 7-rounder today... and Trevor Lawrence was only selected 5 or 6 time in the 7th round...
... I'd say they have a glitch.
DraftNetwork's fee for Premium in only $25 (round numbers).... and you get a lot more than trading in their Mock Machine.
Anyway here's the latest. Some picks were the same... some not.
- Bolton (same)... my MIKE...
- Holland (FS, Oregon)... DraftNet's write up on the kid is to say the least glowing.
- Tuipulotu (same)... versatile, 3-down IDL
- Jones II (Edge, Pitt)... while not as keen on him as some here due to frame questions, he looks to be a great, Round 3 value.
- Vincent, Jr. (CB, DBU)... for @tiamat63 (see write up on him below)
- Imatorbhebhe (WR, Illinois)... our new biggun... 6'2, 215 with good speed and agility.
- Mond (same)... love me some Darkhorse QB draftin'
- Darden (WR, North Texas)... our new, 5'9, 170# waterbug described as having "elite levels of twitch".
- Morrissey (IOL, Pitt)... 6'3, 300# "technician" in PassPro and ZBS.
Did a 7-rounder today... and Trevor Lawrence was only selected 5 or 6 time in the 7th round...
... I'd say they have a glitch.
DraftNetwork's fee for Premium in only $25 (round numbers).... and you get a lot more than trading in their Mock Machine.
Anyway here's the latest. Some picks were the same... some not.
- Bolton (same)... my MIKE...
- Holland (FS, Oregon)... DraftNet's write up on the kid is to say the least glowing.
- Tuipulotu (same)... versatile, 3-down IDL
- Jones II (Edge, Pitt)... while not as keen on him as some here due to frame questions, he looks to be a great, Round 3 value.
- Vincent, Jr. (CB, DBU)... for @tiamat63 (see write up on him below)
- Imatorbhebhe (WR, Illinois)... our new biggun... 6'2, 215 with good speed and agility.
- Mond (same)... love me some Darkhorse QB draftin'
- Darden (WR, North Texas)... our new, 5'9, 170# waterbug described as having "elite levels of twitch".
- Morrissey (IOL, Pitt)... 6'3, 300# "technician" in PassPro and ZBS.
The pros look good. The "route anticipation" part doesn't sit with me. I've seen the calls LSU makes (currently time stamping the LSU-Texas game) and I'm not overly fond of their alignments against trips.
Against UCF when Greedy sat out, Kary played on the perimeter almost exclusively and showed some great footwork & hip fluidity. I tend to lead towards the "trail" being about athletic ability. And that's why I bring up some one like Jaire Alexander who plays somewhat similar. Staying on top as a smaller corner is a good way to get boxed out by bigger receivers. So why not trail and use my speed + vertical to force not only the WR, but the QB to beat me with ball placement?
He does get hung up on blocks when engaged, but he's 5'10... It's the trade off. When he has an open alley he looks quite aggressive downhill. I even tagged the instances in the clip I linked when I first watched him. Have to disagree with Marino on that part.
His draw back is what it is - size. I'm willing to live wirh that in a pass happy NFL. I can always put him on a hash in base ala what you're seeing with KC as we type.
-
Speed kills..
Meanwhile... took FanSpeak's mock out for a spin using DraftTek's rankings (you chose from about a half dozen) and rankings still vary widely... to say the least.
- First surprise was my first pick: Barmore still there at #26.
- An even bigger surprise with Collins falling to Pick 59... I took him as my Will and situational MG bookend.
- Hufanga at #89 is a name from my DraftNetwork mocks; he had a higher ranking here. He can play both Safety spots, but seems headed for FS.
- Next came a LB pair... tsun's McGrone and tOSU's Werner... I think I'll assign them to be roommates... McGrone will be my MIKE while Werner works mostly as my SAM, but backs up both other LB roles.
- Another Safety at #129, and one I think I scouted last year... at any rate he's a 6'0, 200#, SS candidate with some FS potential and a ton of ST potential.
- A pair of WRs next, a true Mutt & Jeff (look it up kids) pair... Eskridge is a 5'9, 190# ankle-breaker while Grimes is 6'4, 215# with sub-4-4 speed (estimated).
- Wells is a big TE, 6'4, 250# I know nothing about other than he went to TCU and they pass a lot... I was just ready for the mock to be over and there wasn't a QB/RB/IOL/OT I was remotely interested in...
Both tia's CB, Vincent, and my QB, Mond were taken a couple slots before I was poised to take them. Both were dipped out of the pile well above their ranking. Just made me look at more players I'd not read about. So my file and list of players to scout is growing nicely.

-
I don't think Collins will be there in the 2nd round either. He would be more likely to go even before our first pick IMO.
-
-
If I recall, you actually said that Fields could drop out the top half of the first round. And all I said was that most of the "experts" and that most mock drafts still had him in the Top 5. Which they may still do. I have not checked lately. I also said don't be surprised if Zach Wilson jumps over Fields, not because Fields would be "demoted" its just that people would begin to see how good Wilson could be.. I also said that if you think about it, after Lawrence, the next team that needed a QB may not be until pick 9 with Carolina....if NYJ decided to stick with Darnold.
A lot of that has changed now. Lions want to move Stafford, so they at 7 will be in the market (I think that is where Kiper has Fields going). Could Philly at 6 want a QB also? And Kiper has the Falcons taking Wilson at #4. I had no inkling that ATL might have wanted to do that....but it makes some sense. New GM, new coach....they may want a new QB...like Detroit.
-
I’ll be shocked if Fields is outside of the Top 10.
You have his hometown team at 4.Maybe Philly
Carolina
Detroit
Possibly Denver.
Maybe NE moves up.
He needs time - he could have used some more game reps but there is no denying the guy has some tools.
-
I don't think Collins will be there in the 2nd round either. He would be more likely to go even before our first pick IMO.
I don't think Collins will be there in the 2nd round either. He would be more likely to go even before our first pick IMO.
I thought you were a DraftTek disciple?

-
I don't think Collins will be there in the 2nd round either. He would be more likely to go even before our first pick IMO.
I thought you were a DraftTek disciple?

-
This one gets us pretty good pretty quick on defense.. Nasirildeen is this season's Simmons.
26. Zaven Collins LB, Tulsa
58. Carlos Basham Jr. EDGE, Wake Forest
89. Baron Browning LB, Ohio State
91. Hamsah Nasirildeen S, Florida State
110. Hunter Long TE, Boston College
130. Rashad Weaver EDGE, Pittsburgh
168. Josh Imatorbhebhe WR, Illinois
206. Bryce Thompson CB, Tennessee
250. Chris Rumph II EDGE, DukeImatorbhebhe and Thompson have #1 potential which is really all you can ask for from day3's
-
This one gets us pretty good pretty quick on defense.. Nasirildeen is this season's Simmons.
26. Zaven Collins LB, Tulsa
58. Carlos Basham Jr. EDGE, Wake Forest
89. Baron Browning LB, Ohio State
91. Hamsah Nasirildeen S, Florida State
110. Hunter Long TE, Boston College
130. Rashad Weaver EDGE, Pittsburgh
168. Josh Imatorbhebhe WR, Illinois
206. Bryce Thompson CB, Tennessee
250. Chris Rumph II EDGE, DukeImatorbhebhe and Thompson have #1 potential which is really all you can ask for from day3's
This one gets us pretty good pretty quick on defense.. Nasirildeen is this season's Simmons.
26. Zaven Collins LB, Tulsa
58. Carlos Basham Jr. EDGE, Wake Forest
89. Baron Browning LB, Ohio State
91. Hamsah Nasirildeen S, Florida State
110. Hunter Long TE, Boston College
130. Rashad Weaver EDGE, Pittsburgh
168. Josh Imatorbhebhe WR, Illinois
206. Bryce Thompson CB, Tennessee
250. Chris Rumph II EDGE, DukeImatorbhebhe and Thompson have #1 potential which is really all you can ask for from day3's
Not sure Imatorbhebhe will be there. I would think he goes way way before that. WR is more important then Db at this point
-
This one gets us pretty good pretty quick on defense.. Nasirildeen is this season's Simmons.
26. Zaven Collins LB, Tulsa
58. Carlos Basham Jr. EDGE, Wake Forest
89. Baron Browning LB, Ohio State
91. Hamsah Nasirildeen S, Florida State
110. Hunter Long TE, Boston College
130. Rashad Weaver EDGE, Pittsburgh
168. Josh Imatorbhebhe WR, Illinois
206. Bryce Thompson CB, Tennessee
250. Chris Rumph II EDGE, DukeImatorbhebhe and Thompson have #1 potential which is really all you can ask for from day3's
89. Baron Browning LB, Ohio State
Do you think Browning has the goods to be a Mike at the next level?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
