NFL Rebranding Survey for my School Research Project
-
I don't know if this kid would come back here....seeing that he is intimidated by facts. But here is are other "factoids" he probably was not aware of:
Over the 28 year period from 1946 to 1973, the Browns had 26 winning record seasons. One .500 season, and one losing season. That one year being 1956, the hangover year after the retirement of Otto Graham.
I don't know if any team has ever matched that record.
Patriots I know may be fairly close. And perhaps Cowboys.
In checking:
Patriots, in 28 years since 1992 have had 5 losing seasons....3 of them at the beginning of the counting and 1 .500 season.
Dallas between 1965 and 1992 had 5 losing seasons and 1. .500 season.
The Steelers in the last 28 years, same period as the Pats, have only had 3 losing seasons....and 4 .500 seasons
The 49ers from 1980 to 2008 had 9 losing seasons.
The Chicago Bears, from 1920 to 1948 only had 2 losing seasons...and no .500 season (Plus 3 more in a row after that.)
The Green Bay Packers from 1921 to 1949 had only 3 losing seasons, and no .500 seasons.
-
I think you missed the entire point, and I am trying to help you.
Now 1st, I'll give you the benefit of doubt that you are who you say you are. And as such, you shouldn't be spoken to like a few have. Of course I do have a different view of kids that aren't mine as I have coached a long time. But, it also does seem a bit strange that you happen to do this on a week that the Browns and Ravens play. So that is why you are getting some push back from others.
Now on to what you have said, you will certainly get some negative feedback for saying it is a completely different organization than the one that moved to Baltimore. That is just completely inaccurate. Everything STAYED in Cleveland aside from the current individuals in the organization.
I used Jacksonville for a specific reason. They couldn't be considered a rebranding (as you described) because their 1 good year was an outlier.
And I have no idea how you can use what you said in this post as evidence. In 2018 (if you are using Bakers 1st year) they did not have a new coaching staff. If you are meaning after the 2018 season when there was hope that Browns had turned a corner, they certainly didn't have a reputable staff, as they had 2 head coaches last year, and NEITHER are on the staff.
Now I am certainly not in your class or your teacher, but your idea/definition of a rebrand is so off that I don't think that anyone will be able to follow including your teacher the way you are describing it. But let's use a few different things instead of football to show how this is coming off to an outsider. Lets use Basketball 1st. So in your description of a rebrand, the Golden State Warriors have went through 3 rebrand in the last 10 years. Pre Durant, With Durant, Post Durant. Or lets use a company, say Mountain Dew, when they add/remove a new flavor or change a top executive is that rebranding?
Thank you again for the constructive criticism, and trust me I wouldn't lie about being a high schooler because of all things that puts a larger target on my back. As I mentioned in my first response in this thread, my definition of a rebrand is more of a mentality change surrounding the organization. I didn't pull this definition out of my ass. I have been researching marketing in sports for the past three months and the identity of a team is what people tend to consider most when choosing their fandom. In my survey it mentions only the hiring of Stefanski as part of the rebrand, not the Freddie Kitchens disaster. With my definition of a rebrand, the Warriors wouldn't be considered a rebranded team over the past ten years because their identity as being a title contender hasn't changed (besides last year, but that was because of uncontrollable injuries). Mountain Dew adding a new flavor would also not be considered a rebrand with my definition because the company has the same identity in the public's eyes.
Other factoids that may interest only me:
I have been researching marketing in sports for the past three months
In no particular order, on this thread, we have seen: Two business consultants each w >15 years of experience, an elected Ohio judge, 5 engineers, an experienced football coach, and a gumby.
This isn't the Ravens forum for the insane traveling carnival magicians and homeless yoga instructors - people are actually professionals here.
-
Other factoids that may interest only me:
I have been researching marketing in sports for the past three months
In no particular order, on this thread, we have seen: Two business consultants each w >15 years of experience, an elected Ohio judge, 5 engineers, an experienced football coach, and a gumby.
This isn't the Ravens forum for the insane traveling carnival magicians and homeless yoga instructors - people are actually professionals here.
Other factoids that may interest only me:
In no particular order, on this thread, we have seen: Two business consultants each w >15 years of experience, an elected Ohio judge, 5 engineers, an experienced football coach, and a gumby.
This isn't the Ravens forum for the insane traveling carnival magicians and homeless yoga instructors - people are actually professionals here.
Actually I am not elected in my position. I am appointed. Assuming you were talking about me when you said Ohio judge.
-
Other factoids that may interest only me:
I have been researching marketing in sports for the past three months
In no particular order, on this thread, we have seen: Two business consultants each w >15 years of experience, an elected Ohio judge, 5 engineers, an experienced football coach, and a gumby.
This isn't the Ravens forum for the insane traveling carnival magicians and homeless yoga instructors - people are actually professionals here.
Other factoids that may interest only me:
In no particular order, on this thread, we have seen: Two business consultants each w >15 years of experience, an elected Ohio judge, 5 engineers, an experienced football coach, and a gumby.
Some respect, please. I hope you're not calling me Engineer, I'm an Architect.
Gumby could be considered Engineer of Words. -
This thread might be the biggest "Who gives a fuck?" thread I've seen on here in quite a while.
Well done to everyone involved.
-
This thread might be the biggest "Who gives a fuck?" thread I've seen on here in quite a while.
Well done to everyone involved.
This thread might be the biggest "Who gives a fuck?" thread I've seen on here in quite a while.
Well done to everyone involved.
We try our best.
I don't know why, but now I want to eat some cereals
-
Other factoids that may interest only me:
I have been researching marketing in sports for the past three months
In no particular order, on this thread, we have seen: Two business consultants each w >15 years of experience, an elected Ohio judge, 5 engineers, an experienced football coach, and a gumby.
This isn't the Ravens forum for the insane traveling carnival magicians and homeless yoga instructors - people are actually professionals here.
Other factoids that may interest only me:
In no particular order, on this thread, we have seen: Two business consultants each w >15 years of experience, an elected Ohio judge, 5 engineers, an experienced football coach, and a gumby.
This isn't the Ravens forum for the insane traveling carnival magicians and homeless yoga instructors - people are actually professionals here.
Now I am trying to rack my brain to figure out who is who in this lol
So here is a good Gipper trivia. Identity the 10 people Unsympathetic is speaking of
I think I can name 4.
Gipper- Judge
Nero- Engineer (I think I remember)
Gumby- the tiny green bender
Gunz41- the dumb jock football coach
P.S.- The "presumed" high schooler that MUST know more than the aforementioned 10, apereg11.
And by the way, I searched the other teams message boards that I could find, and the ONLY mention I found on rebranding was asked by a college professor I believe it was. Haha
-
Other factoids that may interest only me:
In no particular order, on this thread, we have seen: Two business consultants each w >15 years of experience, an elected Ohio judge, 5 engineers, an experienced football coach, and a gumby.
This isn't the Ravens forum for the insane traveling carnival magicians and homeless yoga instructors - people are actually professionals here.
Now I am trying to rack my brain to figure out who is who in this lol
So here is a good Gipper trivia. Identity the 10 people Unsympathetic is speaking of
I think I can name 4.
Gipper- Judge
Nero- Engineer (I think I remember)
Gumby- the tiny green bender
Gunz41- the dumb jock football coach
P.S.- The "presumed" high schooler that MUST know more than the aforementioned 10, apereg11.
And by the way, I searched the other teams message boards that I could find, and the ONLY mention I found on rebranding was asked by a college professor I believe it was. Haha
-
-
Again. I'm an ARCHITECT.
We like Architects. Brian Sipe became an architect after football. Now, talk about a rebranding.
By the way.....the Makeup and Director of Special Effects for The Mandalorian is named Brian Sipe:
https://www.briansipe.com/the-madalorian
and more:
Brian Sipe is known for his work on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017), Captain Marvel(2019) and X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014).
I wonder if that could be his kid.
Edit: I have checked an can find nothing that says the two are related.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login