Skip to content

Stefanski tests positive.

The Browns Board
103 27 3.1k 1
  • What I'd like to know is what is going on in Berea. 

    The Browns have gone from being a model of how to successfully navigate Covid protocol for most of the season to what we've seen the last month. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    What I'd like to know is what is going on in Berea. 

    The Browns have gone from being a model of how to successfully navigate Covid protocol for most of the season to what we've seen the last month. 

    is it the entire state of Ohio ? hearing there may be a problem with the Buckeye game monday night

  • Just Bito... so far...

    @tour2ma said:

    Just Bito... so far...

    exactly no idea why people are losing thier  heads I was expecting  alot of pro set this sunday anyway just stick to the game plan

  • @dutch-oven said:

    What I'd like to know is what is going on in Berea. 

    The Browns have gone from being a model of how to successfully navigate Covid protocol for most of the season to what we've seen the last month. 

    is it the entire state of Ohio ? hearing there may be a problem with the Buckeye game monday night

    @atom said:

    is it the entire state of Ohio ? hearing there may be a problem with the Buckeye game monday night

    Ohio, in mid-December, was among 14 other states that had a positive rate of 15% or higher 

  • @atom said:

    is it the entire state of Ohio ? hearing there may be a problem with the Buckeye game monday night

    Ohio, in mid-December, was among 14 other states that had a positive rate of 15% or higher 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Ohio, in mid-December, was among 14 other states that had a positive rate of 15% or higher 

    so this shit is to be expected  you know the next thing im gonna hear from gipper is that covid is a nfl conspiracy to keep the Browns out of the super bowl 

  • @nickers said:

    If the NFL had brains (GOD-ell)... They would push the playoffs back 2 weeks and let teams get healthy instead of thinking about their schedule and pocket books...

    even if you push it back 2 weeks thats 2 more weeks were someone else could catch it and spread it to even make it worse

    @atom said:

    even if you push it back 2 weeks thats 2 more weeks were someone else could catch it and spread it to even make it worse

    Well a week or two pause and a hotel bubble at least stops outside contact. 
     

    Case in point Haden got it outside the facility. 

  • @atom said:

    even if you push it back 2 weeks thats 2 more weeks were someone else could catch it and spread it to even make it worse

    Well a week or two pause and a hotel bubble at least stops outside contact. 
     

    Case in point Haden got it outside the facility. 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Well a week or two pause and a hotel bubble at least stops outside contact. 
     

    Case in point Haden got it outside the facility. 

    good point but I believe it is to late for that 

  • What makes people think pushing the playoffs back would help any team... including us?

    @tour2ma said:

    What makes people think pushing the playoffs back would help any team... including us?

    Hello!  McFly?  Is anybody home?   Pay attention. 

    We are talking about putting all the playoff teams in a bubble during that time...to assure no outside exposure.   It worked for the NHL and the NBA.   And that is just what the NCAA is doing with all 68 of the college basketball teams that will be part of March Madness. 

  • It's only Tuesday. If it follows the same formula, more people will be struck down either as close contacts or God forbid positive for the virus. Hopefully we can practice safely this week because we need it. 

    I'm speechless. Literally had tears in my eyes for Bitonio. It's not fair. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    It's only Tuesday. If it follows the same formula, more people will be struck down either as close contacts or God forbid positive for the virus. Hopefully we can practice safely this week because we need it. 

    I'm speechless. Literally had tears in my eyes for Bitonio. It's not fair. 

    More people for a number of teams.

  • @tour2ma said:

    What makes people think pushing the playoffs back would help any team... including us?

    On top of that question, I will add another statement:

    Comparing the situation now to weeks ago for say Baltimore and Pittsburgh is a lot different. They actually had time built in (i.e. more weeks), AND the outcome of the games didn't effect the preparation for others.

    Let's just assume that the favorites win their games this weekend; remaining teams would be:

    1. Chiefs 2. Bills 5. Ravens; the outcome of the Browns/Steelers effects every one of those. 

    I'm not saying that the NFL shouldn't explore options, even moving everything back. But to just act as if they are the same is very short sighted.

    As for Gippers idea (no offense, but you are posting like this is a novel idea that you came up with), but anyway...

    In my opinion, those almost have to be done in Green Bay and Kansas City. Those teams were of the impression that they would be at home throughout playoffs. If you take that away, you are then taking away an advantage they earned. Yes, I understand that this is a serious pandemic and a very unusual situation, but it is also much different than the NBA and MLB. Those had much more time to decide on it, and also didn't have to factor in weather, and also much smaller groups. 

    I think it is way too late to institute a full bubble. I think the best that could hope for (and still not exactly an easy thing) is a mandatory quarantine for every remaining team. That would mean only around other football personnel. And ideally that would mean ONLY virtual meetings. 

    @gunz41 said:

    On top of that question, I will add another statement:

    Comparing the situation now to weeks ago for say Baltimore and Pittsburgh is a lot different. They actually had time built in (i.e. more weeks), AND the outcome of the games didn't effect the preparation for others.

    Let's just assume that the favorites win their games this weekend; remaining teams would be:

    1. Chiefs 2. Bills 5. Ravens; the outcome of the Browns/Steelers effects every one of those. 

    I'm not saying that the NFL shouldn't explore options, even moving everything back. But to just act as if they are the same is very short sighted.

    As for Gippers idea (no offense, but you are posting like this is a novel idea that you came up with), but anyway...

    In my opinion, those almost have to be done in Green Bay and Kansas City. Those teams were of the impression that they would be at home throughout playoffs. If you take that away, you are then taking away an advantage they earned. Yes, I understand that this is a serious pandemic and a very unusual situation, but it is also much different than the NBA and MLB. Those had much more time to decide on it, and also didn't have to factor in weather, and also much smaller groups. 

    I think it is way too late to institute a full bubble. I think the best that could hope for (and still not exactly an easy thing) is a mandatory quarantine for every remaining team. That would mean only around other football personnel. And ideally that would mean ONLY virtual meetings. 

    Doing the bubble in  GB and KC would be fine with me.... great, crazy weather games.   But I doubt the NFL would want that out of weather concerns.  They would want domes or warm weather sites.  

    As for the timing....that is what the 2 week delay is supposed to be for.   I think it could be done logistically even with the greater number of players.   Have  2 sites with 7 teams each would certainly not be as difficult as what the NBA did in Orlando. 

    As for the  other leagues having more time to decide on it:    I think that just bespeaks of the NFL's failure to have a contingency plan in place.  A lack of foresight and vision.   Hell, my self and other shmoes on here thought of it long ago.  Why couldn't the brilliant minds of the NFL think of it?     What is that you say?  What brilliant minds?  OK, fair to say. 

  • @nickers said:

    If the NFL had brains (GOD-ell)... They would push the playoffs back 2 weeks and let teams get healthy instead of thinking about their schedule and pocket books...

    even if you push it back 2 weeks thats 2 more weeks were someone else could catch it and spread it to even make it worse

    @atom said:

    even if you push it back 2 weeks thats 2 more weeks were someone else could catch it and spread it to even make it worse

    Not if they were in a bubble. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Ohio, in mid-December, was among 14 other states that had a positive rate of 15% or higher 

    so this shit is to be expected  you know the next thing im gonna hear from gipper is that covid is a nfl conspiracy to keep the Browns out of the super bowl 

    @atom said:

    so this shit is to be expected  you know the next thing im gonna hear from gipper is that covid is a nfl conspiracy to keep the Browns out of the super bowl 

    I didn't think about that.....but gee......thanks for the Idea!!

    No, actually, it is just what I said above.....a complete lack of foresight on their behalf by not having a contingency plan. 

    What would happen if Tom Brady,  Aaron Rodgers,  Derrick Henry.  Russell Wilson..Drew Brees  etc.   or a team's entire  WR/QB/RB corps comes down with it?  

    I predict something like the above will happen between now and Saturday.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Well a week or two pause and a hotel bubble at least stops outside contact. 
     

    Case in point Haden got it outside the facility. 

    good point but I believe it is to late for that 

    @atom said:

    good point but I believe it is to late for that 

    Why?

  • Michael Dunn may end up being Sunday's hero on the oline.

    Meanwhile, the game will go on, apparently.

    Just like the NFL made the ratbirds and squealers go ahead and pla...

    oh, wait. They had their games delayed....

    @calfoxwc said:

    Michael Dunn may end up being Sunday's hero on the oline.

    Meanwhile, the game will go on, apparently.

    Just like the NFL made the ratbirds and squealers go ahead and pla...

    oh, wait. They had their games delayed....

    It was Denver with a WR as QB they made play. I watched because I knew it would look like the original Mets. They did not disappoint. Kendall Hinton was one of nine for 13 yards. On the plus side he completed twice as many as that to their opponent. LOL!??

  • @atom said:

    good point but I believe it is to late for that 

    Why?

    @the-gipper said:

    Why?

    how far do you expect them to push it back ? im sure that their are players outside now as we speak  so even if we went into a bubble next week or the week after it could still be brought in

    if there had been a bubble the plans should have been made months ago

  • @the-gipper said:

    Why?

    how far do you expect them to push it back ? im sure that their are players outside now as we speak  so even if we went into a bubble next week or the week after it could still be brought in

    if there had been a bubble the plans should have been made months ago

    @atom said:

    how far do you expect them to push it back ? im sure that their are players outside now as we speak  so even if we went into a bubble next week or the week after it could still be brought in

    We talked about 2 weeks.  If anyone were brought in,  it would have to be now so they could be in that bubble for 2 weeks.  I mean, you bring your PS  and injured list with you....unless you rule anyone out completely. 

    if there had been a bubble the plans should have been made months ago

    DOH, uh, yea....see above.  Wholly a lack of foresight.  Wholly a failure to at least have that contingency plan.    Still, I think it could be done.  But yes, difficult. 

  • @gunz41 said:

    On top of that question, I will add another statement:

    Comparing the situation now to weeks ago for say Baltimore and Pittsburgh is a lot different. They actually had time built in (i.e. more weeks), AND the outcome of the games didn't effect the preparation for others.

    Let's just assume that the favorites win their games this weekend; remaining teams would be:

    1. Chiefs 2. Bills 5. Ravens; the outcome of the Browns/Steelers effects every one of those. 

    I'm not saying that the NFL shouldn't explore options, even moving everything back. But to just act as if they are the same is very short sighted.

    As for Gippers idea (no offense, but you are posting like this is a novel idea that you came up with), but anyway...

    In my opinion, those almost have to be done in Green Bay and Kansas City. Those teams were of the impression that they would be at home throughout playoffs. If you take that away, you are then taking away an advantage they earned. Yes, I understand that this is a serious pandemic and a very unusual situation, but it is also much different than the NBA and MLB. Those had much more time to decide on it, and also didn't have to factor in weather, and also much smaller groups. 

    I think it is way too late to institute a full bubble. I think the best that could hope for (and still not exactly an easy thing) is a mandatory quarantine for every remaining team. That would mean only around other football personnel. And ideally that would mean ONLY virtual meetings. 

    Doing the bubble in  GB and KC would be fine with me.... great, crazy weather games.   But I doubt the NFL would want that out of weather concerns.  They would want domes or warm weather sites.  

    As for the timing....that is what the 2 week delay is supposed to be for.   I think it could be done logistically even with the greater number of players.   Have  2 sites with 7 teams each would certainly not be as difficult as what the NBA did in Orlando. 

    As for the  other leagues having more time to decide on it:    I think that just bespeaks of the NFL's failure to have a contingency plan in place.  A lack of foresight and vision.   Hell, my self and other shmoes on here thought of it long ago.  Why couldn't the brilliant minds of the NFL think of it?     What is that you say?  What brilliant minds?  OK, fair to say. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Doing the bubble in  GB and KC would be fine with me.... great, crazy weather games.   But I doubt the NFL would want that out of weather concerns.  They would want domes or warm weather sites.  

    As for the timing....that is what the 2 week delay is supposed to be for.   I think it could be done logistically even with the greater number of players.   Have  2 sites with 7 teams each would certainly not be as difficult as what the NBA did in Orlando. 

    As for the  other leagues having more time to decide on it:    I think that just bespeaks of the NFL's failure to have a contingency plan in place.  A lack of foresight and vision.   Hell, my self and other shmoes on here thought of it long ago.  Why couldn't the brilliant minds of the NFL think of it?     What is that you say?  What brilliant minds?  OK, fair to say. 

    Again, you actually thinking that they didn't explore it is delusional.

    And no, doing it now would be a complete logistics nightmare.

    But I am certainly not going to go into all of that. 

    All I will further comment, is just imagine how you would feel as a Chiefs or Packers player that EVERYTHING changes on you last minute and 90% of the advantage you EARNED is taken away.

    Or even look at it in your orange colored glasses. I think everyone (even the Jets) would agree that if the Browns weren't without the WR that they would have won. Which would now have them sitting in 3rd and hosting. You think it would be right for NFL to take their EARNED PO game away?

    Basically, I am saying that since a move doesn't make things worse for the Browns that you don't have another thought on it. But if it did, you would show more of an inclination to dive deeper, even if you came to the same conclusion.

  • @warriorsrpussies said:

    This is literally the only idea of Nickers that I've seen that was rational, made any sense, or was any good. A two week bubble would have allowed the whole league to heal from injury and specifically Covid. I wouldn't care if they played on St. Paddies day as long as everyone got an equal shot. The NFL hates us sooooooooooo much, so we will penciled in on Sunday, regardless of what's currently happening in Berea.

    PS- this now confirms he acknowledges the corona virus actually exists, and isn't a democratic hoax. How the tides have turned...

    That's what I said....Bubble Up.   See the thread on that.  A 2 week delay to implement it?   Sure. And actually a 2 week delay would take them only to like President's Day, not St. Patty's for the Super Bowl. 

    @the-gipper said:

    That's what I said....Bubble Up.   See the thread on that.  A 2 week delay to implement it?   Sure. And actually a 2 week delay would take them only to like President's Day, not St. Patty's for the Super Bowl. 

    The weird thing is the Sunday before President day is their ultimate goal because most people will be off the next day.

  • What I'd like to know is what is going on in Berea. 

    The Browns have gone from being a model of how to successfully navigate Covid protocol for most of the season to what we've seen the last month. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    What I'd like to know is what is going on in Berea. 

    The Browns have gone from being a model of how to successfully navigate Covid protocol for most of the season to what we've seen the last month. 

    EB20100324REVIEWS100329993AR.jpg

  • c7ce325c74dc0a7c47c6377a5e2dd7ff.jpg  now if the football gods would just follow along? ...Get Well Coach Stef ...

    I can't even image how bad Bitonio must feel missing this one ? 

  • You all are about to catch some unwanted publicity from several years ago, this is circulating again. It's on reddit and i saw it on twitter.  How the fuck do the Browns still have this dude as a coach? Yes people change but this wasn't all that long ago and that's a pretty fucking horrid thing to say. 

    https://deadspin.com/i-was-an-nfl-player-until-i-was-fired-by-two-cowards-an-1493208214