Skip to content

I Guess That Settles That

The Browns Board
37 10 1.7k 1
  • Ya... not sure that’s all settled. Tampa Bay went 7-9 last year with a guy that threw 30 ints. 


    Billy B. had to go with a qb nobody wanted and try to squeeze the last bit of football out of him, still went 7-9.

    Ill give old Bill another year or two before I’d make a call. 

    Either way we gotta watch Tommy or Patty in the super bowl. ?. Probably just take a pass and go to bed early.

    Peyton Manning is one Gip. Not sure of the other, probably before my time

    @hx214 said:

    Ya... not sure that’s all settled. Tampa Bay went 7-9 last year with a guy that threw 30 ints. 

    And this year they are going to the Super Bowl with Brady.   So, I would say that Brady made a huge difference.


    Billy B. had to go with a qb nobody wanted and try to squeeze the last bit of football out of him, still went 7-9.

    Ill give old Bill another year or two before I’d make a call. 

    That could be fair...but let's just note:  without Brady,   BB has coached his teams to 2 winning seasons, and 6 losing seasons.   I would call that a trend.  Without BB, TB is still going to the Super Bowl.   I do think that the Pats will have another QB next year.  Maybe even one we think  could be good:    Possibly Stafford? . (I think they would like to get a hold of Watson....but I don't see that happening). 

    Either way we gotta watch Tommy or Patty in the super bowl. ?. Probably just take a pass and go to bed early.

    You don't think that will be a fabulous matchup? 

  • By the way.....the last team that won back to back Super Bowls  was  the 03-04 Patriots....Tom Brady at QB.

    The coach he beat for that 2d win?   Andy Reid.  Who will now be trying to go back to back for the first time since then.

    (with the note that the Seahawks should have won  2 in a row...but for the worst coaching decision in NFL history by Pete Carroll).

  • I have said in the past... Bill B. is a big ZERO without TB12... And there's nothing anyone can tell me to make me believe otherwise...

  • I guess that settles that.

    "That" being:    who was most responsible for the Patriots run....Belichick or Brady.

    I had always come down on the side of Brady.    I think this vindicates that position. 

    @the-gipper said:

    I guess that settles that.

    "That" being:    who was most responsible for the Patriots run....Belichick or Brady.

    I had always come down on the side of Brady.    I think this vindicates that position. 

    Slow your roll Gip,. My god man, I know you’re probably gonna light me up with a whole bunch of six syllable words or whatever, but you’ve got to get a grip on yourself.

  • Tom Brady  will have a chance to become only the third  QB in history to win a Championship with  2 teams.

    Do you know the other 2?

    Tom Brady will now also become the 4th QB to start a Super Bowl with 2 different teams.

    Can you name the other 3? 

    @the-gipper said:

    Can you name the other 4? 

    Craig Morton ( Dallas, Denver)

    Peyton Manning (Indy, Denver)

    Can't think of the other 2 yet

  • I have said in the past... Bill B. is a big ZERO without TB12... And there's nothing anyone can tell me to make me believe otherwise...

    @nickers said:

    I have said in the past... Bill B. is a big ZERO without TB12... And there's nothing anyone can tell me to make me believe otherwise...

    2008... Pats go 10-5 with Cassel as their QB...... but they did have zero ties...

    2009... Cassel becomes KC's starter and promptly goes 4-11.

  • @nickers said:

    I have said in the past... Bill B. is a big ZERO without TB12... And there's nothing anyone can tell me to make me believe otherwise...

    2008... Pats go 10-5 with Cassel as their QB...... but they did have zero ties...

    2009... Cassel becomes KC's starter and promptly goes 4-11.

    @tour2ma said:

    2008... Pats go 10-5 with Cassel as their QB...... but they did have zero ties...

    2009... Cassel becomes KC's starter and promptly goes 4-11.

    Cassel didn't win a sausage... End of story.. The Pats still had the better team and McDaniels callinin the plays...

  • @the-gipper said:

    I guess that settles that.

    "That" being:    who was most responsible for the Patriots run....Belichick or Brady.

    I had always come down on the side of Brady.    I think this vindicates that position. 

    Slow your roll Gip,. My god man, I know you’re probably gonna light me up with a whole bunch of six syllable words or whatever, but you’ve got to get a grip on yourself.

    @5150k9 said:

    Slow your roll Gip,. My god man, I know you’re probably gonna light me up with a whole bunch of six syllable words or whatever, but you’ve got to get a grip on yourself.

    My roll is slow, and I certainly have a grip.  Why would you think otherwise?  

    And not  6 syllable words:   1 syllable words:   Truth.  Peace!!

  • @the-gipper said:

    Can you name the other 4? 

    Craig Morton ( Dallas, Denver)

    Peyton Manning (Indy, Denver)

    Can't think of the other 2 yet

    @bob806 said:

    Craig Morton ( Dallas, Denver)

    Peyton Manning (Indy, Denver)

    Can't think of the other 2 yet

    Those are 2.

    Answers below:

    Tom Brady  will have a chance to become only the third  QB in history to win a Championship with  2 teams.

    Do you know the other 2?

    Peyton Manning. Colts and Broncos and Tobin Rote Lions/Chargers

    Tom Brady will now also become the 4th QB to start a Super Bowl with 2 different teams.

    Can you name the other 3? 

    Peyton Manning,  Kurt Warner, Craig Morton...actually that is it...only 3 others. 

  • @nickers said:

    I have said in the past... Bill B. is a big ZERO without TB12... And there's nothing anyone can tell me to make me believe otherwise...

    2008... Pats go 10-5 with Cassel as their QB...... but they did have zero ties...

    2009... Cassel becomes KC's starter and promptly goes 4-11.

    @tour2ma said:

    2008... Pats go 10-5 with Cassel as their QB...... but they did have zero ties...

    2009... Cassel becomes KC's starter and promptly goes 4-11.

    2020:   BB's team goes under  .500

    2020:  Tom Brady goes to the Super Bowl. 

  • Bill Belichick gets meme treatment after Tom Brady reaches Super Bowl

  • LOL

    No Brady, no Gronk, the real butticheck head coach is revealed.

  • @tour2ma said:

    2008... Pats go 10-5 with Cassel as their QB...... but they did have zero ties...

    2009... Cassel becomes KC's starter and promptly goes 4-11.

    Cassel didn't win a sausage... End of story.. The Pats still had the better team and McDaniels callinin the plays...

    @nickers said:

    Cassel didn't win a sausage... End of story.. The Pats still had the better team and McDaniels callinin the plays...

    ... and Bill...

  • @nickers said:

    Cassel didn't win a sausage... End of story.. The Pats still had the better team and McDaniels callinin the plays...

    ... and Bill...

    @tour2ma said:

    ... and Bill...

    Bill is not a Bum.  No one really claims that.   But his record as an NFL coach without Tom Brady as his starting QB is  62-73.    As I have said, he can be a playoff caliber coach,  but he owes his championships and much of his reputation to one No. 12. 

    (by the way....the guys from PTI, and other ESPN and other network commentators came to that same conclusion.)

  • Tom Brady  will have a chance to become only the third  QB in history to win a Championship with  2 teams.

    Do you know the other 2?

    Tom Brady will now also become the 4th QB to start a Super Bowl with 2 different teams.

    Can you name the other 3? 

    @the-gipper said:

    Tom Brady  will have a chance to become only the third  QB in history to win a Championship with  2 teams.

    Do you know the other 2?

    Tom Brady will now also become the 4th QB to start a Super Bowl with 2 different teams.

    Can you name the other 3? 

    PEYTON

    EDIT: I did not peak at the answer.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Tom Brady  will have a chance to become only the third  QB in history to win a Championship with  2 teams.

    Do you know the other 2?

    Tom Brady will now also become the 4th QB to start a Super Bowl with 2 different teams.

    Can you name the other 3? 

    PEYTON

    EDIT: I did not peak at the answer.

    @texasag1969 said:

    PEYTON

    EDIT: I did not peak at the answer.

    Answers given above. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    ... and Bill...

    Bill is not a Bum.  No one really claims that.   But his record as an NFL coach without Tom Brady as his starting QB is  62-73.    As I have said, he can be a playoff caliber coach,  but he owes his championships and much of his reputation to one No. 12. 

    (by the way....the guys from PTI, and other ESPN and other network commentators came to that same conclusion.)

    @the-gipper said:

    Bill is not a Bum.  No one really claims that.   But his record as an NFL coach without Tom Brady as his starting QB is  62-73.    As I have said, he can be a playoff caliber coach,  but he owes his championships and much of his reputation to one No. 12. 

    (by the way....the guys from PTI, and other ESPN and other network commentators came to that same conclusion.)

    Bill is a bum! And a CHEATER!

  • 62-73?

    Really going to count his Browns time?

    Plus someone need to show their math...

    Fun fact...

    Brady with Bill... 219-64 for a 77.4 win percentage...

    Brady no Bill... 11-5 for a 68.8 win percentage.

  • 62-73?

    Really going to count his Browns time?

    Plus someone need to show their math...

    Fun fact...

    Brady with Bill... 219-64 for a 77.4 win percentage...

    Brady no Bill... 11-5 for a 68.8 win percentage.

    @tour2ma said:

    62-73?

    Really going to count his Browns time?

    Yes...he WAS an NFL head coach here for 4 years. 

    Plus someone need to show their math...

    Got that data from ESPN