First, Second or Third round DTs?
-
Me either.
Not many DTs that seem to fit the bill as a late first rounder. Could see the Browns double up on them later on though.
I can see us taking decent DT's 2nd and 3rd rounds if we go CB or WR in the 1st. Playing moneyball again we might jump up to get one of those 3 top WRs and release/trade OBJ who seems to not be so crucial as we all had expected. We did better without him.
I can see us taking decent DT's 2nd and 3rd rounds if we go CB or WR in the 1st. Playing moneyball again we might jump up to get one of those 3 top WRs and release/trade OBJ who seems to not be so crucial as we all had expected. We did better without him.
I really like WR Rashod Bateman from Minnesota, if they went this way.
-
Bobby Brown III in later rounds 5 or 6. Nothing to lose and everything to gain if he is still there. Power DT run stuffer.
Bobby Brown III in later rounds 5 or 6. Nothing to lose and everything to gain if he is still there. Power DT run stuffer.
Not been the same player since Whitney Houston passed away ....
-
I can see us taking decent DT's 2nd and 3rd rounds if we go CB or WR in the 1st. Playing moneyball again we might jump up to get one of those 3 top WRs and release/trade OBJ who seems to not be so crucial as we all had expected. We did better without him.
I really like WR Rashod Bateman from Minnesota, if they went this way.
I really like WR Rashod Bateman from Minnesota, if they went this way.
Can he switch and play defensive tackle?
-
I really like WR Rashod Bateman from Minnesota, if they went this way.
Can he switch and play defensive tackle?
Can he switch and play defensive tackle?
Maybe if he bulked up a bit ...he will have good speed to rush the passer
-
What do any of you think of these names as possible picks for the Browns in the second or third round at Defensive Tackle (assuming they don't take one in round one):
Alim McNeili NC St.
Milton Williams La Tech
Jaylen Twyman Pitt
Tommy Togiai Ohio St.
All I really know about their skills is that Togiai was a monster bench presser.
And with the Release of Sheldon Richardson, I guess we should also be thinking about a possible First rounder. Who there?
What do any of you think of these names as possible picks for the Browns in the second or third round at Defensive Tackle (assuming they don't take one in round one):
Alim McNeili NC St.
Milton Williams La Tech
Jaylen Twyman Pitt
Tommy Togiai Ohio St.
All I really know about their skills is that Togiai was a monster bench presser.
And with the Release of Sheldon Richardson, I guess we should also be thinking about a possible First rounder. Who there?
Looks good!
Here's some stuff I put in another thread that may be relevant.
Here's the top 5 DT prospects from Athlon's Draft Guide :
1. Daviyon Nixon - Iowa - 6'2" 305 lbs Jr - (2020 stats) 13.5 TFL 5.5 sacks 1 QBH - Final Grade: 1st/2nd round
2. Christian Barmore - Alabama - 6'5" 310 lbs So - (2020 stats) 9.5 TFL 8 sacks 6 QBH - Final Grade: 1st/2nd round
3. Jaylen Twyman - Pittsburgh - 6'2" 295 lbs Jr - (2020 stats) 10.5 TFL 10.5 sacks 2 QBH - Final Grade: 1st/2nd round.
4. Jay Tufele - USC - 6'3" 310 lbs Jr - (2020 stats) 6.5 TFL 4.5 sacks 1 QBH - Final Grade: 1st/2nd round
5. Levi Onwuzurike - Washington - 6'3" 295 lbs Sr - (2020 stats) 6 TFL 2 sacks 0 QBH - Final Grade: 1st/2nd round
Here's the top 5 DT prospects from Lindy's Draft Guide.
1. Daviyon Nixon - Iowa - 6'3" 305 lbs Jr - 40 time 4.95 - Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year. Listed as the Pass Rush Proto-type for the DT position stating: "Nixon fires off the snap like he's been shot out of a cannon, exhibiting rare flexibility to slither through gaps and close on the QB." Final Grade: 1st round
2. Christian Barmore - Alabama - 6'5" 310 lbs So - 40 time 4.94 - Listed as the DT Prototype for Run Defense stating "The broad-shouldered Barmore is built like a barn door and possesses the raw strength and length to corral ballcarriers." Final Grade: 1st round
3. Marvin Wilson - Florida State - 6'4" 305 lbs Sr - 40 time 4.95 - Extremely agile with tremendous strength and ability to fire off the snap. Uses cinder block hands to break the grips of would-be blockers. Knocked down 4 passes as a junior in just 9 games and blocked 3 kicks as a senior. Writer gives him a comparison to the Eagles Fletcher Cox which is high praise especially if that's accurate. - Final Grade: 2nd round.
4. Khyiris Tonga - BYU - 6'3" 340 lbs Sr - 40 time 5.25. Very powerful player that played NG. Shows great quickness for a guy his size and will face a lot of double teams in the trenches. Listed as the Prototype for Intangibles with the following endorsement: "Overshadowed by QB Zach Wison, Tonga was the Cougars' unquestioned star on defense and stayed true to his commitment to Head Coach Kilane Sitake, following him from Utah to rival BYU." Final Grade: 2nd round
5. Levi Onwuzurike - Washington - 6'3" 295 lbs Sr - 40 time 4.96. Listed as DT Prototype for Tackling with this description: "A sleeper of sorts in this class after opting out of of the 2020 season. He recorded an impressive 45 stops in 2019 , showing terrific quickness, balance and the long arms to lasso ballcarriers." - Final Grade: 2nd/3rd round
It doesn't look like there's a Big Sexy that will attract upper/mid 1st round interest here; while the Browns don't pick until #26 overall... Looks to me like we can still add a DT and LB with our 1st 2 picks. My guess is LB in round 1 and DT in round 2.
-
Several analysts have said it. They won't play a ton inside, but they absolutely both inside during a game. (Clowney and Garrett)
I'm sure several analysts have said a lot. I can think of a few more "exotic" looks we might deploy against the Ravens and their expansive run game structures. Beyond that? You won't see Myles on the interior barring obvious down and distance passing situations. Or any of our edge players for that matter.
1. Daviyon Nixon - Iowa - 6'3" 305 lbs Jr - 40 time 4.95 - Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year. Listed as the Pass Rush Proto-type for the DT position stating: "Nixon fires off the snap like he's been shot out of a cannon, exhibiting rare flexibility to slither through gaps and close on the QB." Final Grade: 1st round
Athlon and I are going to have a real disagreement here. Because I watched the Iowa State and Sparty games and that was about the complete opposite of what I saw. Also, if Nixon is 305 then I'm a god damn china-man. ( @dutch-oven, a little movie line there I snuck in)
edit: directed in general - wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns go 2 IDL in the first 4 rounds or so. I don't believe Sheldon Day makes the active roster.
-
Bobby Brown III in later rounds 5 or 6. Nothing to lose and everything to gain if he is still there. Power DT run stuffer.
Not been the same player since Whitney Houston passed away ....
-
Several analysts have said it. They won't play a ton inside, but they absolutely both inside during a game. (Clowney and Garrett)
I'm sure several analysts have said a lot. I can think of a few more "exotic" looks we might deploy against the Ravens and their expansive run game structures. Beyond that? You won't see Myles on the interior barring obvious down and distance passing situations. Or any of our edge players for that matter.
1. Daviyon Nixon - Iowa - 6'3" 305 lbs Jr - 40 time 4.95 - Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year. Listed as the Pass Rush Proto-type for the DT position stating: "Nixon fires off the snap like he's been shot out of a cannon, exhibiting rare flexibility to slither through gaps and close on the QB." Final Grade: 1st round
Athlon and I are going to have a real disagreement here. Because I watched the Iowa State and Sparty games and that was about the complete opposite of what I saw. Also, if Nixon is 305 then I'm a god damn china-man. ( @dutch-oven, a little movie line there I snuck in)
edit: directed in general - wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns go 2 IDL in the first 4 rounds or so. I don't believe Sheldon Day makes the active roster.
Athlon and I are going to have a real disagreement here. Because I watched the Iowa State and Sparty games and that was about the complete opposite of what I saw. Also, if Nixon is 305 then I'm a god damn china-man. ( @dutch-oven, a little movie line there I snuck in)
edit: directed in general - wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns go 2 IDL in the first 4 rounds or so. I don't believe Sheldon Day makes the active roster.
Iowa State? That might be why he didn't look like he was at the weight Athlon and Lindy's had him at. Let's not get hung up on official weights in a year without Indy combines that giving us official numbers.
I DO like seeing he was the Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year. If you want to argue he's something we shouldn't have any interest in at pick #26 or #59, that's fine.
Thanks for weighing in...
-
Athlon and I are going to have a real disagreement here. Because I watched the Iowa State and Sparty games and that was about the complete opposite of what I saw. Also, if Nixon is 305 then I'm a god damn china-man. ( @dutch-oven, a little movie line there I snuck in)
edit: directed in general - wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns go 2 IDL in the first 4 rounds or so. I don't believe Sheldon Day makes the active roster.
Iowa State? That might be why he didn't look like he was at the weight Athlon and Lindy's had him at. Let's not get hung up on official weights in a year without Indy combines that giving us official numbers.
I DO like seeing he was the Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year. If you want to argue he's something we shouldn't have any interest in at pick #26 or #59, that's fine.
Thanks for weighing in...
Iowa State? That might be why he didn't look like he was at the weight Athlon and Lindy's had him at. Let's not get hung up on official weights in a year without Indy combines that giving us official numbers.
I DO like seeing he was the Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year. If you want to argue he's something we shouldn't have any interest in at pick #26 or #59, that's fine.
Thanks for weighing in...
Last time I looked Iowa State was not in the Big 10. Did you mean Iowa?
-
Athlon and I are going to have a real disagreement here. Because I watched the Iowa State and Sparty games and that was about the complete opposite of what I saw. Also, if Nixon is 305 then I'm a god damn china-man. ( @dutch-oven, a little movie line there I snuck in)
edit: directed in general - wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns go 2 IDL in the first 4 rounds or so. I don't believe Sheldon Day makes the active roster.
Iowa State? That might be why he didn't look like he was at the weight Athlon and Lindy's had him at. Let's not get hung up on official weights in a year without Indy combines that giving us official numbers.
I DO like seeing he was the Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year. If you want to argue he's something we shouldn't have any interest in at pick #26 or #59, that's fine.
Thanks for weighing in...
Iowa State? That might be why he didn't look like he was at the weight Athlon and Lindy's had him at. Let's not get hung up on official weights in a year without Indy combines that giving us official numbers.
I DO like seeing he was the Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year. If you want to argue he's something we shouldn't have any interest in at pick #26 or #59, that's fine.
Thanks for weighing in...
Glad to see you're back around.
Last time I looked Iowa State was not in the Big 10. Did you mean Iowa?
I said Iowa state. I remember watching a couple of Iowa's games this year. The one that stands out was the Iowa v Sparty game and I wanted to say also against Iowa State or one of those midwestern schools. Pretty sure it was Corn state though - I'm just too lazy to look it up right now.
-
FYI. Iowa and Iowa St play every year for the CY Hawk trophy. Covid took away their 2020 meeting. Big rivalry game actually as is their annual wrestling match.
-
FYI. Iowa and Iowa St play every year for the CY Hawk trophy. Covid took away their 2020 meeting. Big rivalry game actually as is their annual wrestling match.
FYI. Iowa and Iowa St play every year for the CY Hawk trophy. Covid took away their 2020 meeting. Big rivalry game actually as is their annual wrestling match.
Like I said, it was one of those midwestern overweight, ethanol, butter and corn games. Just can't remember which one besides sparty.
-
What do any of you think of these names as possible picks for the Browns in the second or third round at Defensive Tackle (assuming they don't take one in round one):
Alim McNeili NC St.
Milton Williams La Tech
Jaylen Twyman Pitt
Tommy Togiai Ohio St.
All I really know about their skills is that Togiai was a monster bench presser.
And with the Release of Sheldon Richardson, I guess we should also be thinking about a possible First rounder. Who there?
What do any of you think of these names as possible picks for the Browns in the second or third round at Defensive Tackle (assuming they don't take one in round one):
Alim McNeili NC St.
Milton Williams La Tech
Jaylen Twyman Pitt
Tommy Togiai Ohio St.
All I really know about their skills is that Togiai was a monster bench presser.
And with the Release of Sheldon Richardson, I guess we should also be thinking about a possible First rounder. Who there?
I think there is a good chance we draft a DT...Nixon would possibly be another name for the 2nd or 3rd round. McNeil would be my guess.
-
Iowa State? That might be why he didn't look like he was at the weight Athlon and Lindy's had him at. Let's not get hung up on official weights in a year without Indy combines that giving us official numbers.
I DO like seeing he was the Big 10 Defensive Player of the Year. If you want to argue he's something we shouldn't have any interest in at pick #26 or #59, that's fine.
Thanks for weighing in...
Glad to see you're back around.
Last time I looked Iowa State was not in the Big 10. Did you mean Iowa?
I said Iowa state. I remember watching a couple of Iowa's games this year. The one that stands out was the Iowa v Sparty game and I wanted to say also against Iowa State or one of those midwestern schools. Pretty sure it was Corn state though - I'm just too lazy to look it up right now.
Glad to see you're back around.
I said Iowa state. I remember watching a couple of Iowa's games this year. The one that stands out was the Iowa v Sparty game and I wanted to say also against Iowa State or one of those midwestern schools. Pretty sure it was Corn state though - I'm just too lazy to look it up right now.
What player are we talking about here. It would be pretty easy to figure it out. If Dayvion Nixon, then he went to Iowa...which of course is Big Ten.
I don't know of any NFL prospects from the Big 12's Iowa State on the DL:
The Top 10 NFL Prospects at Iowa State:
1. Brock Purdy, QB, 6-1, 212, 4.80, JR
2. Tarique Milton, WR, 5-09, 176, 4.45, rJR
3. Charlie Kolar, TE, 6-5, 250, 4.75, rJR
4. Greg Eisworth, S, 5-11, 198, 4.55, rSR
5. Lawrence White, S, 6-0, 191, 4.45, rSR
6. Chase Allen, TE, 6-6, 240, 4.75, rSR
7. Anthony Johnson, CB, 6-0, 175, 4.45, JR
8. O’Rien Vance, ILB, 6-1, 235, 4.80, rJR
9. Will McDonald, OLB, 6-3, 220, 4.60, rSoph
-
FYI. Iowa and Iowa St play every year for the CY Hawk trophy. Covid took away their 2020 meeting. Big rivalry game actually as is their annual wrestling match.
Like I said, it was one of those midwestern overweight, ethanol, butter and corn games. Just can't remember which one besides sparty.
-
What do any of you think of these names as possible picks for the Browns in the second or third round at Defensive Tackle (assuming they don't take one in round one):
Alim McNeili NC St.
Milton Williams La Tech
Jaylen Twyman Pitt
Tommy Togiai Ohio St.
All I really know about their skills is that Togiai was a monster bench presser.
And with the Release of Sheldon Richardson, I guess we should also be thinking about a possible First rounder. Who there?
I think there is a good chance we draft a DT...Nixon would possibly be another name for the 2nd or 3rd round. McNeil would be my guess.
-
Jesus Tap Dancin' Christ.
tia never said Daviyon Nixon played for Iowa State. He said he watched Nixon's game tape from the games he played against Iowa State and Michigan State, for fuck's sake.
Can we move on now?
-
So? What about those 40 reps at 225 lbs. by Togiai? Is that a big deal, or just a workout warrior stat?
Strength counts. I don't know how functional 40 reps v someone who does 30 might be. Lacking reps would hurt, but doing way more might get in to the area of diminished returns. At some point I am not sure it helps all that much more.
-
So? What about those 40 reps at 225 lbs. by Togiai? Is that a big deal, or just a workout warrior stat?
Big deal AND he played well this past year too. He was a guy you had to account for and this was the first year in long time where OSU didn’t have a elite outside presence (DE).
One of my favorite 2nd/3rd day guys in this draft Jaylen Twyman put up 40 reps as well. Similar builds too.
-
So? What about those 40 reps at 225 lbs. by Togiai? Is that a big deal, or just a workout warrior stat?
Big deal AND he played well this past year too. He was a guy you had to account for and this was the first year in long time where OSU didn’t have a elite outside presence (DE).
One of my favorite 2nd/3rd day guys in this draft Jaylen Twyman put up 40 reps as well. Similar builds too.
Big deal AND he played well this past year too. He was a guy you had to account for and this was the first year in long time where OSU didn’t have a elite outside presence (DE).
One of my favorite 2nd/3rd day guys in this draft Jaylen Twyman put up 40 reps as well. Similar builds too.
In the end, the key is how they play. The strongest guy doesn't mean the best player.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login