Draft Grades
-
Nice to see a Cleveland Browns FO getting this kind of respect especially for a draft that took place in Cleveland!
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-grades-all-32-teams
Nice to see a Cleveland Browns FO getting this kind of respect especially for a draft that took place in Cleveland!
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-grades-all-32-teams
Berry gets great value in his picks as well. His waiting as long as he did to trade up for JOK & still get him took brass balls!
Mike
-
PFF's draft grades from 2016
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2016-nfl-draft-grades-for-all-32-teams
Grades after the draft rarely look good on anyone. We addressed things with logic, let's hope it plays out.
-
PFF's draft grades from 2016
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2016-nfl-draft-grades-for-all-32-teams
Grades after the draft rarely look good on anyone. We addressed things with logic, let's hope it plays out.
PFF's draft grades from 2016
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2016-nfl-draft-grades-for-all-32-teams
Grades after the draft rarely look good on anyone. We addressed things with logic, let's hope it plays out.
There's a reason many people - Ozzie Newsome chief among them - say you have to wait at least three years to grade a draft class.
-
PFF's draft grades from 2016
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2016-nfl-draft-grades-for-all-32-teams
Grades after the draft rarely look good on anyone. We addressed things with logic, let's hope it plays out.
PFF's draft grades from 2016
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2016-nfl-draft-grades-for-all-32-teams
Grades after the draft rarely look good on anyone. We addressed things with logic, let's hope it plays out.
As soon as I saw a thread about something from PFF I knew Tia would get here to throw water on PFF...
So is the circle of life
-
PFF's draft grades from 2016
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2016-nfl-draft-grades-for-all-32-teams
Grades after the draft rarely look good on anyone. We addressed things with logic, let's hope it plays out.
As soon as I saw a thread about something from PFF I knew Tia would get here to throw water on PFF...
So is the circle of life
As soon as I saw a thread about something from PFF I knew Tia would get here to throw water on PFF...
So is the circle of life
Only when it's earned.
-
Good enough for an encore write-up. I think that we enjoyed the three days in Cleveland !
CLEVELAND BROWNS
R1 (26): CB Greg Newsome II, Northwestern
R2 (52): LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Notre Dame
R3 (91): WR Anthony Schwartz, Auburn
R4 (110): OT James Hudson, Cincinnati
R4 (132): DI Tommy Togiai, Ohio State
R5 (153): LB Tony Fields II, West Virginia
R5 (169): S Richard LeCounte, Georgia
R6 (211): RB Demetric Felton, UCLADay 1: The Browns are one of the NFL’s smartest teams, and they attacked one of the most valuable positions in the game here. Newsome is also a very good prospect, representing incredible value here at No. 26. He was battle-tested on a small sample of snaps in 2020, facing 34 targets through his first four games. He held his own, allowing just 93 yards and five first downs while making eight plays on the ball. His feet are easily the best in the class. Whether Newsome is playing off-coverage or press-man, he’ll make plays.
Day 2: The Browns continue to make smart moves. It’s not easy to pinpoint a clear role for Owusu-Koramoah in the NFL, but he’s talented enough to contribute somewhere. He’s an off-ball linebacker who had slot cornerback coverage responsibilities in Notre Dame’s defense and looked good in that role. JOK is a smooth, explosive athlete who can fill multiple roles for Cleveland defensively. This is tremendous value for a top-20 player on PFF’s Big Board.
Day 3: Cleveland continues to commit highway robbery by getting Tommy Togiai, a Day 2 pick, here on Day 3. He has a powerful bull-rush and can be a forceful 3-technique in both facets. He posted an 87.8 run-defense grade and 77.0 pass-rush grade for the Buckeyes in 2020.
Draft Grade: A+
-
I give it a b+. first two rounds really good. remainder rounds were very mediocre. just saying.
-
Hudson and Togiai are great value by themselves for all of day3.. Roll the dice on LeCounte because if he can recover he will make plays at the end of the roster just like DPJ.
Tony Fields RAS -- not the same caliber of player as Jacob Phillips RAS or Taki RAS or JOK RAS and barely edged out by Malcolm Smith RAS.
-
I thought our third day was great.
James Hudson is going to start for the Browns in 2022 and will get an early shot if someone goes down probably over Hubbard.
He was highly recruited and is still learning a new position but was highly productive despite not really figuring it all out yet. He’s quick and nasty. Callahan is going to turn him into a good starter in the league. That was a great pick and in time he will make a big impact on our line.
-
-
I am watching everything about the Draft "in hindsight". I couldn't watch any of it and I didn't follow the process, I only knew what the Browns needed, and to me every pick speaks of BPA and filling needs, so I think they did great.
Following what Brett Kollmann says... The Browns got a Top 6 CB, Top 1 LB and a top 6 DT in Newsome, Koramoah and Tagiai respectively.
I'd say that it is remarkable not having high picks, and along with Hudson and Schwartz I can see all those 5 players contributing in one way or another (say starting or being a rotational player). Plus it follows an already good FA campaign, so watching the combo of FA moves and draft picks makes all the sense in the world to me in the scope of offseason moves.
We can't judge how "right" they have been yet, because drafts are a lottery and each player developes differently in the pros, but the Front Office has done a great job so far, in my opinion.
Good times!
-
-
-
Always nice to receive attaboys from the all knowing peanut gallery, but grading the draft hours after it's over is like buying a brand new car and then immediately proclaiming it the most dependable car you've ever owned.
Always nice to receive attaboys from the all knowing peanut gallery, but grading the draft hours after it's over is like buying a brand new car and then immediately proclaiming it the most dependable car you've ever owned.
And that Subaru Outback I rated as A+ when I bought it in 2018 is still an A+ after 50,000 miles just like Garrett & Ward are still an A+.??
-
BTW here are the draft picks we have in 2022.
1-6 our own. Plus a #4 from the Lions and a conditional swap of our #7 for the Lions #7, which I believe is up to us and not them. I am not certain of that though. Either way we currently have 8 for 2022. It's possible we may get a comp pick and/or an addition pick depending upon our cuts/trades.
https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/what-picks-do-the-browns-have-in-2022
Either way trade up for this guy.?
DeMarvin Leal, DT/DE, Texas A&M 6'4" 290lbs.
"Over the last two seasons, he’s proven to be a productive and versatile defensive lineman. The Aggies deployed him at both defensive end and tackle. Despite fewer games in 2020, Leal set career highs for tackles for loss and sacks. With fellow defensive lineman Bobby Brown heading to the 2021 NFL Draft, Leal will have an elevated role in the 2021 season.
With athleticism and versatility, he should be a valuable commodity in the NFL."
Just remember I brought attention on this board to Garrett early on. I feel exactly the same way about this guy as a perfect fit for how the Browns play defense-versatilty and speed to burn in a big guy who can run stop or get to the QB/RB in the backfield. Just a slightly bigger version of Garrett.
Just so you know I'm not just homering this one either. Take a look at one of the top 5 in 2022 draft according to 247 sports. He is a perfect Browns defense fit.
-
Zombo said:
Leave it to Mel to bring our grade down ...
Z
He doesn’t grade on a curve thats for sure
-
Zombo said:
Leave it to Mel to bring our grade down ...
Z
Because he is a Ravens Honk.
Everyone seemed to have the Texans have a bad draft.
So, at this point, I think it is fair to say the following:
The Houston Texans are ON the Clock for the first pick in the 2022 draft.
-
Zombo said:
Leave it to Mel to bring our grade down ...
Z
He doesn’t grade on a curve thats for sure
He doesn’t grade on a curve thats for sure
Maybe not, but his grading is consistent from team to team. He doesn't give out many A grades, then seems to even up with others on the low end of the spectrum.
In the end, who cares about the grades? The only thing I care about is how I feel about things, and I feel fine....as the feedback buzzes through my amp.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
