2021 Browns OTA's/rolls into Mandatory Camp
-
Always interested in seeing what players look like after they've had a NFL offseason under their belt.
Some of those undersized rookies look like different men coming into their second season.
-
I like this thread ? Let's say we keep all Brown'iacs Camp News all in one spot.. In moments.. I will add "rolls into Mandatory Camp" into this topic name...
Keep your great post coming.... It still maybe a Phil Collins 'hit or miss' in this "Land of Confusion" of Mandatory Camps in 2021? And of course Uncle Covid ?.. But we'll try our best...
Browns Mandatory Camp begins Tuesday through Thursday! https://www.brownszone.com/2021/06/14/5-things-to-watch-at-minicamp-starting-with-the-return-of-odell-beckham-jr/
si--- https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns-maven-features/cleveland-browns-minicamp-checklist
For sure, Zegura will be keeping us updated live from the practice fields..
That’s right….we are going to be LIVE from the field tomorrow and Wednesday for the @Browns Mandatory Minicamp! Only @Browns_Daily can bring you this close to the action...I still think Cleveland.com will have live on the field twitter updates..(free* we hope) ? And I'm not quite sure if Sports Time Ohio will delay televise? and I've seen no start times...So! Were off to a g00d old fashion start ?....Any updates are more than welcome...And I'll check for more in the morning...Edit-- saw nothing...the norm.. Every player/staff will get Covid checked..Injury updates and We may get players & Stef at the mic by 11am- noon'ish? -
Just heard on WKNR that the 1-3 pm show will be out on Berea on the field
-
-
-
2nd Christmas is happening in Berra...?
Stories of Browns Mandatory Camp are breaking at a high rate... pick your favorite browns media provider.. and post away!
Coach of the Year ?.. is a good Start
-
-
It's a thing.
Patient decisiveness?
@tiamat63 Is there such a term of Clowney maybe having "Patient defensive-ness".. or I just made that term up ?...
Example A.... I want this Clowney's game... #wreck?
Example B... Injury or maybe scheme? Did Vrabel assign Clowney to think run to edge containment 1st?...far before being a edge pass rushing threat?
i get situational could help here..But
I still see the guy, that can straight up ball ?... when able ?
-
For everyone who chooses to believe the lack of OBJ is why Baker did better in the second half of last season....
. Learning a new system is simply not easy. -
For everyone who chooses to believe the lack of OBJ is why Baker did better in the second half of last season....
. Learning a new system is simply not easy.For everyone who chooses to believe the lack of OBJ is why Baker did better in the second half of last season....
. Learning a new system is simply not easy.The answer is somewhere in the middle of learning a new offense vs. forcing the issue with a WR that needs/demands volume touches and truthfully it is hard to evaluate without a proper sample size.
Baker has credited the bye week and having a week to pause and evaluate his play and his play within Stefanski’s offense as a turning point. Believable and plausible.Yet, we have circumstances on the other side Obj gets hurt in the Cincy game and then Baker goes 22 for 23 and leads a game winning TD drive on a dime to a rookie WR. And It appeared there was a concerted effort on some plays when OBJ was on the field last season to give him the ball rather than give what defense gives you ....whether that’s on the play caller or Baker I don’t know.
And I do feel that Baker was more relaxed knowing the offense but also knowing he didn’t have this imaginary target line 8-10 touches to OBJ.
I am not in the trade OBJ because he’s a detriment to the offense camp. I believe the opposite and I believe that way because Baker appears to have turned the corner 2) he understands the offense better and trusts the player caller and 3) OBJ is still a legit talent that demands respect from defenses and he’s big play capable whenever he touches the ball.
-
It's a thing.
Patient decisiveness?
@tiamat63 Is there such a term of Clowney maybe having "Patient defensive-ness".. or I just made that term up ?...
Example A.... I want this Clowney's game... #wreck?
Example B... Injury or maybe scheme? Did Vrabel assign Clowney to think run to edge containment 1st?...far before being a edge pass rushing threat?
i get situational could help here..But
I still see the guy, that can straight up ball ?... when able ?
Example A.... I want this Clowney's game..
-
For everyone who chooses to believe the lack of OBJ is why Baker did better in the second half of last season....
. Learning a new system is simply not easy.The answer is somewhere in the middle of learning a new offense vs. forcing the issue with a WR that needs/demands volume touches and truthfully it is hard to evaluate without a proper sample size.
Baker has credited the bye week and having a week to pause and evaluate his play and his play within Stefanski’s offense as a turning point. Believable and plausible.Yet, we have circumstances on the other side Obj gets hurt in the Cincy game and then Baker goes 22 for 23 and leads a game winning TD drive on a dime to a rookie WR. And It appeared there was a concerted effort on some plays when OBJ was on the field last season to give him the ball rather than give what defense gives you ....whether that’s on the play caller or Baker I don’t know.
And I do feel that Baker was more relaxed knowing the offense but also knowing he didn’t have this imaginary target line 8-10 touches to OBJ.
I am not in the trade OBJ because he’s a detriment to the offense camp. I believe the opposite and I believe that way because Baker appears to have turned the corner 2) he understands the offense better and trusts the player caller and 3) OBJ is still a legit talent that demands respect from defenses and he’s big play capable whenever he touches the ball.
The answer is somewhere in the middle of learning a new offense vs. forcing the issue with a WR that needs/demands volume touches and truthfully it is hard to evaluate without a proper sample size.
It won't remain a mystery for long now...
Meanwhile we can remember that without the 3-TD game OBJ had in Dallas, we finish 10-6 and miss the playoffs.
-
The answer is somewhere in the middle of learning a new offense vs. forcing the issue with a WR that needs/demands volume touches and truthfully it is hard to evaluate without a proper sample size.
It won't remain a mystery for long now...
Meanwhile we can remember that without the 3-TD game OBJ had in Dallas, we finish 10-6 and miss the playoffs.
-
Baker should be comfortable in Stefanski's offense now, he sets up behind one of the best OLine's in the NFL, and has the best RB combo in the NFL.
There should be zero excuses now if he puts up mediocre stats with OBJ on the field this season.
And after this season, there's a good chance we won't have to discuss this anymore. I'd be pretty shocked if OBJ is playing for the Browns in 2022.
-
Most informative link of the past two Camp days... Starts with Covid policy's to attend Camps & Pre-Season games.
https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/
All's hunky dory ? in Berra..No contract holdouts.. June Injury holdouts are few.. With the only real concern being, Chris Hubbard may not be ready in July..
A early 11:45 am final Browns mandatory practice today..Than 6 more weeks of Browns Hype links ?...
I do hope the browns media would get Berry to respond to his thoughts here? https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/richarson-comments-on-cutting-by-browns I get, A players agents never wants to slam a teams door (lead to reports of possible return)...but Shelton? just may have...
-
Most informative link of the past two Camp days... Starts with Covid policy's to attend Camps & Pre-Season games.
https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/
All's hunky dory ? in Berra..No contract holdouts.. June Injury holdouts are few.. With the only real concern being, Chris Hubbard may not be ready in July..
A early 11:45 am final Browns mandatory practice today..Than 6 more weeks of Browns Hype links ?...
I do hope the browns media would get Berry to respond to his thoughts here? https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/richarson-comments-on-cutting-by-browns I get, A players agents never wants to slam a teams door (lead to reports of possible return)...but Shelton? just may have...
https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/richarson-comments-on-cutting-by-browns I get, A players agents never wants to slam a teams door (lead to reports of possible return)...but Shelton? just may have...
I remember having a discussion with gip and I believe ag when this happened and they mentioned the hope of resigning him. I didn't think there was any hope because of the way the browns handled him. They did him dirty. I don't blame the browns because it's a business but I don't blame Sheldon for being upset either. My only fear is that Cleveland just became a good destination for free agents I hope the way the front office handled it sours other players on playing for the browns down the line.
-
https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/richarson-comments-on-cutting-by-browns I get, A players agents never wants to slam a teams door (lead to reports of possible return)...but Shelton? just may have...
I remember having a discussion with gip and I believe ag when this happened and they mentioned the hope of resigning him. I didn't think there was any hope because of the way the browns handled him. They did him dirty. I don't blame the browns because it's a business but I don't blame Sheldon for being upset either. My only fear is that Cleveland just became a good destination for free agents I hope the way the front office handled it sours other players on playing for the browns down the line.
I remember having a discussion with gip and I believe ag when this happened and they mentioned the hope of resigning him. I didn't think there was any hope because of the way the browns handled him. They did him dirty. I don't blame the browns because it's a business but I don't blame Sheldon for being upset either. My only fear is that Cleveland just became a good destination for free agents I hope the way the front office handled it sours other players on playing for the browns down the line.
All true, especially in light of what h ended up signing for, but...
... if a player's priority is making the playoffs with a shot at a ring, then he has to take CLE over MN all day long.
-
I remember having a discussion with gip and I believe ag when this happened and they mentioned the hope of resigning him. I didn't think there was any hope because of the way the browns handled him. They did him dirty. I don't blame the browns because it's a business but I don't blame Sheldon for being upset either. My only fear is that Cleveland just became a good destination for free agents I hope the way the front office handled it sours other players on playing for the browns down the line.
All true, especially in light of what h ended up signing for, but...
... if a player's priority is making the playoffs with a shot at a ring, then he has to take CLE over MN all day long.
All true, especially in light of what h ended up signing for, but...
... if a player's priority is making the playoffs with a shot at a ring, then he has to take CLE over MN all day long.
I'm petty I would sign with another contender for vet minimum before I signed with the team that released me after all the fa money was gone if playoff and shot at ring was my priority. Obviously only speculation but I'd imagine Minnesota feels like home for Richardson.
-
Baker should be comfortable in Stefanski's offense now, he sets up behind one of the best OLine's in the NFL, and has the best RB combo in the NFL.
There should be zero excuses now if he puts up mediocre stats with OBJ on the field this season.
And after this season, there's a good chance we won't have to discuss this anymore. I'd be pretty shocked if OBJ is playing for the Browns in 2022.
Baker should be comfortable in Stefanski's offense now
Spoiler Alert... the "biggest addition" is continuity.
In addition, to returning the offensive lineup, the Browns return their head coach, offensive coordinator, and entire offensive coaching staff.
Hell.... even the backups on the O-side are back.
So what does this continuity thang allow our O to focus upon?
Kevin Stefanski On Pre-Snap Cadence As How Cleveland Browns Offense Can Get Better In 2021
-
Baker should be comfortable in Stefanski's offense now
Spoiler Alert... the "biggest addition" is continuity.
In addition, to returning the offensive lineup, the Browns return their head coach, offensive coordinator, and entire offensive coaching staff.
Hell.... even the backups on the O-side are back.
So what does this continuity thang allow our O to focus upon?
Kevin Stefanski On Pre-Snap Cadence As How Cleveland Browns Offense Can Get Better In 2021
Spoiler Alert... the "biggest addition" is continuity.
Hell.... even the backups on the O-side are back.
So what does this continuity thang allow our O to focus upon?
Kevin Stefanski On Pre-Snap Cadence As How Cleveland Browns Offense Can Get Better In 2021
On the flip side I think the lack of continuity at least from the player personnel side is welcomed on defense.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


