Skip to content

2021 Browns OTA's/rolls into Mandatory Camp

The Browns Board
112 15 3.7k
  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #63

    Just heard on WKNR that the 1-3 pm show will be out on Berea on the field

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #64
    Brad Stainbrook@StainbrookNFL
    #Browns 2021 Mandatory Minicamp Schedule
    Tuesday June 15th: 2pm
    Wednesday June 16th: 2pm
    Thursday June 17th: 11:45 am
    Rotolytics@rotolytics
    Odell Beckham (knee) is going through early receiver drills without an apparent brace in the first day of the Browns' minicamp Tuesday, Zac Jackson of The Athletic reports.
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #65

    OBJ report on NOW on ESPN2.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #66

     2nd Christmas is happening in Berra...?

    Stories of Browns Mandatory Camp are breaking at a high rate... pick your favorite browns media provider.. and post away!

     Coach of the Year ?.. is a good Start 

    #2... https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/news-updates-anthony-walker-says-it-s-going-to-be-hard-for-wrs-to-make-catches-v

  • OBJ report on NOW on ESPN2.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @tour2ma said:

    OBJ report on NOW on ESPN2.

    If you did not see it, then you did not miss anything. A couple of day-old, sound bites from Landry (see any of a handful of articles for them) over footage from 2020.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Patient decisiveness?

    It's a thing.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #68

    @tiamat63 said:

    It's a thing.

    Patient decisiveness?

    @tiamat63  Is there such a term of Clowney maybe having "Patient defensive-ness".. or I just made that term up ?...

    Example A.... I want this Clowney's game... #wreck?

    Example B... Injury or maybe scheme? Did Vrabel assign Clowney to think run to edge containment 1st?...far before being a edge pass rushing threat?

    i get situational could help here..But

    I still see the guy, that can straight up ball ?...  when able ?

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/06/jadeveon-clowney-looks-fast-and-explosive-in-1st-browns-practice-and-1st-since-surgery-minicamp-takeaways.html

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #69

    For everyone who chooses to believe the lack of OBJ is why Baker did better in the second half of last season....

    .  Learning a new system is simply not easy.

  • For everyone who chooses to believe the lack of OBJ is why Baker did better in the second half of last season....

    .  Learning a new system is simply not easy.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #70

    @unsympathetic said:

    For everyone who chooses to believe the lack of OBJ is why Baker did better in the second half of last season....

    .  Learning a new system is simply not easy.

    The answer is somewhere in the middle of learning a new offense vs. forcing the issue with a WR that needs/demands volume touches and truthfully it is hard to evaluate without a proper sample size. 

    Baker has credited the bye week and having a week to pause and evaluate his play and his play within Stefanski’s offense as a turning point.  Believable and plausible. 

    Yet, we have circumstances on the other side Obj gets hurt in the Cincy game and then Baker goes 22 for 23 and leads a game winning TD drive on a dime to a rookie WR.  And It appeared there was a concerted effort on some plays when OBJ was on the field last season to give him the ball rather than give what defense gives you ....whether that’s on the play caller or Baker I don’t know.  
     

    And I do feel that Baker was more relaxed knowing the offense but also knowing he didn’t have this imaginary target line 8-10 touches to OBJ. 
     

    I am not in the trade OBJ because he’s a detriment to the offense camp.  I believe the opposite and I believe that way because Baker appears to have turned the corner 2) he understands the offense better and trusts the player caller and 3) OBJ is still a legit talent that demands respect from defenses and he’s big play capable whenever he touches the ball.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    It's a thing.

    Patient decisiveness?

    @tiamat63  Is there such a term of Clowney maybe having "Patient defensive-ness".. or I just made that term up ?...

    Example A.... I want this Clowney's game... #wreck?

    Example B... Injury or maybe scheme? Did Vrabel assign Clowney to think run to edge containment 1st?...far before being a edge pass rushing threat?

    i get situational could help here..But

    I still see the guy, that can straight up ball ?...  when able ?

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/06/jadeveon-clowney-looks-fast-and-explosive-in-1st-browns-practice-and-1st-since-surgery-minicamp-takeaways.html

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #71
  • @unsympathetic said:

    For everyone who chooses to believe the lack of OBJ is why Baker did better in the second half of last season....

    .  Learning a new system is simply not easy.

    The answer is somewhere in the middle of learning a new offense vs. forcing the issue with a WR that needs/demands volume touches and truthfully it is hard to evaluate without a proper sample size. 

    Baker has credited the bye week and having a week to pause and evaluate his play and his play within Stefanski’s offense as a turning point.  Believable and plausible. 

    Yet, we have circumstances on the other side Obj gets hurt in the Cincy game and then Baker goes 22 for 23 and leads a game winning TD drive on a dime to a rookie WR.  And It appeared there was a concerted effort on some plays when OBJ was on the field last season to give him the ball rather than give what defense gives you ....whether that’s on the play caller or Baker I don’t know.  
     

    And I do feel that Baker was more relaxed knowing the offense but also knowing he didn’t have this imaginary target line 8-10 touches to OBJ. 
     

    I am not in the trade OBJ because he’s a detriment to the offense camp.  I believe the opposite and I believe that way because Baker appears to have turned the corner 2) he understands the offense better and trusts the player caller and 3) OBJ is still a legit talent that demands respect from defenses and he’s big play capable whenever he touches the ball.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @sdbacker80 said:

    The answer is somewhere in the middle of learning a new offense vs. forcing the issue with a WR that needs/demands volume touches and truthfully it is hard to evaluate without a proper sample size. 

    It won't remain a mystery for long now...

    Meanwhile we can remember that without the 3-TD game OBJ had in Dallas, we finish 10-6 and miss the playoffs.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    The answer is somewhere in the middle of learning a new offense vs. forcing the issue with a WR that needs/demands volume touches and truthfully it is hard to evaluate without a proper sample size. 

    It won't remain a mystery for long now...

    Meanwhile we can remember that without the 3-TD game OBJ had in Dallas, we finish 10-6 and miss the playoffs.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #73

    @tour2ma said:

    It won't remain a mystery for long now...

    Meanwhile we can remember that without the 3-TD game OBJ had in Dallas, we finish 10-6 and miss the playoffs.

    Very true...he was a star (no pun intended)  in that game.  

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #74

    Baker should be comfortable in Stefanski's offense now, he sets up behind one of the best OLine's in the NFL, and has the best RB combo in the NFL.

    There should be zero excuses now if he puts up mediocre stats with OBJ on the field this season. 

    And after this season, there's a good chance we won't have to discuss this anymore. I'd be pretty shocked if OBJ is playing for the Browns in 2022.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #75

    Most informative link of the past two Camp days... Starts with Covid policy's to attend Camps & Pre-Season games. 

     https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/

    All's hunky dory ? in Berra..No contract holdouts.. June Injury holdouts are few.. With the only real concern being, Chris Hubbard may not be ready in July..

    A early 11:45 am final Browns mandatory practice today..Than 6 more weeks of Browns Hype links ?...

    I do hope the browns media would get Berry to respond to his thoughts here?    https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/richarson-comments-on-cutting-by-browns I get, A players agents never wants to slam a teams door (lead to reports of possible return)...but Shelton? just may have... 

  • Most informative link of the past two Camp days... Starts with Covid policy's to attend Camps & Pre-Season games. 

     https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/

    All's hunky dory ? in Berra..No contract holdouts.. June Injury holdouts are few.. With the only real concern being, Chris Hubbard may not be ready in July..

    A early 11:45 am final Browns mandatory practice today..Than 6 more weeks of Browns Hype links ?...

    I do hope the browns media would get Berry to respond to his thoughts here?    https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/richarson-comments-on-cutting-by-browns I get, A players agents never wants to slam a teams door (lead to reports of possible return)...but Shelton? just may have... 

    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @gumby73 said:

    https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/richarson-comments-on-cutting-by-browns I get, A players agents never wants to slam a teams door (lead to reports of possible return)...but Shelton? just may have... 

    I remember having a discussion with gip and I believe ag when this happened and they mentioned the hope of resigning him. I didn't think there was any hope because of the way the browns handled him.  They did him dirty. I don't blame the browns because it's a business but I don't blame Sheldon for being upset either. My only fear is that Cleveland just became a good destination for free agents I hope the way the front office handled it sours other players on playing for the browns down the line. 

  • @gumby73 said:

    https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/richarson-comments-on-cutting-by-browns I get, A players agents never wants to slam a teams door (lead to reports of possible return)...but Shelton? just may have... 

    I remember having a discussion with gip and I believe ag when this happened and they mentioned the hope of resigning him. I didn't think there was any hope because of the way the browns handled him.  They did him dirty. I don't blame the browns because it's a business but I don't blame Sheldon for being upset either. My only fear is that Cleveland just became a good destination for free agents I hope the way the front office handled it sours other players on playing for the browns down the line. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @bjh2130 said:

    I remember having a discussion with gip and I believe ag when this happened and they mentioned the hope of resigning him. I didn't think there was any hope because of the way the browns handled him.  They did him dirty. I don't blame the browns because it's a business but I don't blame Sheldon for being upset either. My only fear is that Cleveland just became a good destination for free agents I hope the way the front office handled it sours other players on playing for the browns down the line. 

    All true, especially in light of what h ended up signing for,  but...

    ... if a player's priority is making the playoffs with a shot at a ring, then he has to take CLE over MN all day long.

  • @bjh2130 said:

    I remember having a discussion with gip and I believe ag when this happened and they mentioned the hope of resigning him. I didn't think there was any hope because of the way the browns handled him.  They did him dirty. I don't blame the browns because it's a business but I don't blame Sheldon for being upset either. My only fear is that Cleveland just became a good destination for free agents I hope the way the front office handled it sours other players on playing for the browns down the line. 

    All true, especially in light of what h ended up signing for,  but...

    ... if a player's priority is making the playoffs with a shot at a ring, then he has to take CLE over MN all day long.

    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @tour2ma said:

    All true, especially in light of what h ended up signing for,  but...

    ... if a player's priority is making the playoffs with a shot at a ring, then he has to take CLE over MN all day long.

    I'm petty I would sign with another contender for vet minimum before I signed with the team that released me after all the fa money was gone if playoff and shot at ring was my priority. Obviously only speculation but I'd imagine Minnesota feels like home for Richardson.

  • Baker should be comfortable in Stefanski's offense now, he sets up behind one of the best OLine's in the NFL, and has the best RB combo in the NFL.

    There should be zero excuses now if he puts up mediocre stats with OBJ on the field this season. 

    And after this season, there's a good chance we won't have to discuss this anymore. I'd be pretty shocked if OBJ is playing for the Browns in 2022.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #79

    @dutch-oven said:

    Baker should be comfortable in Stefanski's offense now

    https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/cleveland-browns-biggest-offseason-addition-on-offense-might-be-easily-overlooked--166618427/

    Spoiler Alert... the "biggest addition" is continuity.

    In addition, to returning the offensive lineup, the Browns return their head coach, offensive coordinator, and entire offensive coaching staff.

    Hell.... even the backups on the O-side are back.

    So what does this continuity thang allow our O to focus upon?

    Kevin Stefanski On Pre-Snap Cadence As How Cleveland Browns Offense Can Get Better In 2021

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Baker should be comfortable in Stefanski's offense now

    https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/cleveland-browns-biggest-offseason-addition-on-offense-might-be-easily-overlooked--166618427/

    Spoiler Alert... the "biggest addition" is continuity.

    In addition, to returning the offensive lineup, the Browns return their head coach, offensive coordinator, and entire offensive coaching staff.

    Hell.... even the backups on the O-side are back.

    So what does this continuity thang allow our O to focus upon?

    Kevin Stefanski On Pre-Snap Cadence As How Cleveland Browns Offense Can Get Better In 2021

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @tour2ma said:

    https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/cleveland-browns-biggest-offseason-addition-on-offense-might-be-easily-overlooked--166618427/

    Spoiler Alert... the "biggest addition" is continuity.

    Hell.... even the backups on the O-side are back.

    So what does this continuity thang allow our O to focus upon?

    Kevin Stefanski On Pre-Snap Cadence As How Cleveland Browns Offense Can Get Better In 2021

    On the flip side I think the lack of continuity at least from the player personnel side is welcomed on defense.  

  • @tour2ma said:

    All true, especially in light of what h ended up signing for,  but...

    ... if a player's priority is making the playoffs with a shot at a ring, then he has to take CLE over MN all day long.

    I'm petty I would sign with another contender for vet minimum before I signed with the team that released me after all the fa money was gone if playoff and shot at ring was my priority. Obviously only speculation but I'd imagine Minnesota feels like home for Richardson.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @bjh2130 said:

    I'm petty I would sign with another contender for vet minimum before I signed with the team that released me after all the fa money was gone if playoff and shot at ring was my priority. Obviously only speculation but I'd imagine Minnesota feels like home for Richardson.

    Me too if money wasn’t the priority.

    And they signed and drafted his replacement = writing on the wall that they didn’t want you. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    All true, especially in light of what h ended up signing for,  but...

    ... if a player's priority is making the playoffs with a shot at a ring, then he has to take CLE over MN all day long.

    I'm petty I would sign with another contender for vet minimum before I signed with the team that released me after all the fa money was gone if playoff and shot at ring was my priority. Obviously only speculation but I'd imagine Minnesota feels like home for Richardson.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #82

    @bjh2130 said:

    I'm petty I would sign with another contender for vet minimum before I signed with the team that released me after all the fa money was gone if playoff and shot at ring was my priority. Obviously only speculation but I'd imagine Minnesota feels like home for Richardson.

    I get that (except for your implicit take that MN is a "contender")...

    ... but...

    ... in returning to MN he is returning to a team that was unwilling to pay him what he was worth on the open market just 3 short years ago. $$$ we paid him... and paid him well

    ... and...

    ... he did sign a contract with us that invited what occurred. No way he did not know it could end this way. as the ink dried

    image.thumb.png.af95e4bc6be52086eb10d35af4d9beb2.png