Skip to content

Hospital Ward?

The Browns Board
44 18 2.3k 1
  • Just saw that Janovich, MJ Stewart and Chris Hubbard put on IR. I wasn’t aware Janovich was injured and l thought Hubbard was already on IR. 

    Corresponding moves, DE Joe Jackson gets to ride the active roster train this week along with FB Johnny Stanton, and CB Tim Harris gets elevated from the PS. T Alex Taylor signed to the PS too.

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-place-3-players-on-ir-make-other-roster-moves?fbclid=IwAR1u3RiqMt2Z0bsqOaT9TVF0MudehAtIeKwitPUR2KsotTACAkaM7aBZCb4

  • I'll tell you what, players now-a-days play with hardly any pads on anymore.  The shoulder pads on 'skilled' players are little itty bitty things.  And below the waist, virtually no pads at all.  And they're extending the season.  You KNOW they'll want a nice even 18 games, rather than this lopsided schedule thing they've got going on now.

    Ward is out.  That's bad.  It's happening too often.  But he's our best CB.  He's a good player.  Newsome was out too.  Greedy Williams is gonna be 'out' soon enough.  But all of the other backups at CB that we were using were also getting injured in the game.  Might as well have GOOD players getting hurt than mediocre guys who are gonna get hurt too.

  • I'll tell you what, players now-a-days play with hardly any pads on anymore.  The shoulder pads on 'skilled' players are little itty bitty things.  And below the waist, virtually no pads at all.  And they're extending the season.  You KNOW they'll want a nice even 18 games, rather than this lopsided schedule thing they've got going on now.

    Ward is out.  That's bad.  It's happening too often.  But he's our best CB.  He's a good player.  Newsome was out too.  Greedy Williams is gonna be 'out' soon enough.  But all of the other backups at CB that we were using were also getting injured in the game.  Might as well have GOOD players getting hurt than mediocre guys who are gonna get hurt too.

    @orion said:

    I'll tell you what, players now-a-days play with hardly any pads on anymore.  The shoulder pads on 'skilled' players are little itty bitty things.  And below the waist, virtually no pads at all.  And they're extending the season.  You KNOW they'll want a nice even 18 games, rather than this lopsided schedule thing they've got going on now.

    Ward is out.  That's bad.  It's happening too often.  But he's our best CB.  He's a good player.  Newsome was out too.  Greedy Williams is gonna be 'out' soon enough.  But all of the other backups at CB that we were using were also getting injured in the game.  Might as well have GOOD players getting hurt than mediocre guys who are gonna get hurt too.

    I don’t follow that logic “might as well have good players getting hurt”.  If we are eventually going to pay Ward 17-20M a year into his late 20s we don’t need that cap space on the IR

  • @orion said:

    I'll tell you what, players now-a-days play with hardly any pads on anymore.  The shoulder pads on 'skilled' players are little itty bitty things.  And below the waist, virtually no pads at all.  And they're extending the season.  You KNOW they'll want a nice even 18 games, rather than this lopsided schedule thing they've got going on now.

    Ward is out.  That's bad.  It's happening too often.  But he's our best CB.  He's a good player.  Newsome was out too.  Greedy Williams is gonna be 'out' soon enough.  But all of the other backups at CB that we were using were also getting injured in the game.  Might as well have GOOD players getting hurt than mediocre guys who are gonna get hurt too.

    I don’t follow that logic “might as well have good players getting hurt”.  If we are eventually going to pay Ward 17-20M a year into his late 20s we don’t need that cap space on the IR

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I don’t follow that logic

    My point, they're ALL going to get hurt.  Would you rather have good players or cheap players?  

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I don’t follow that logic

    My point, they're ALL going to get hurt.  Would you rather have good players or cheap players?  

    @orion said:

    My point, they're ALL going to get hurt.  Would you rather have good players or cheap players?  

    I might not agree on all.  It seems some get hurt more often.  That is what I don't want.

    Face it, Hospital Ward is just a frail player.  If he didn't get involved with tackling players, he  probably wouldn't get hurt expect for a hamstring issue once or twice a season.

  • @orion said:

    My point, they're ALL going to get hurt.  Would you rather have good players or cheap players?  

    I might not agree on all.  It seems some get hurt more often.  That is what I don't want.

    Face it, Hospital Ward is just a frail player.  If he didn't get involved with tackling players, he  probably wouldn't get hurt expect for a hamstring issue once or twice a season.

    @ballpeen said:

    I might not agree on all.  It seems some get hurt more often.  That is what I don't want.

    Face it, Hospital Ward is just a frail player.  If he didn't get involved with tackling players, he  probably wouldn't get hurt expect for a hamstring issue once or twice a season.

    Meh, Joe Haden used to give himself concussions on the reg, he seemed to out grow that though. Maybe give Hospital Ward some Adderall??

  • ward is going to get a huge contract ... i dont think it will be from the browns they drafted Newsome as his replacement.  

    Also Teller is gone as well just start bracing for it mentally.  He will get a huge contract and with paying Tretter , Bitonio and Conklin already its not happening .

  • @orion said:

    My point, they're ALL going to get hurt.  Would you rather have good players or cheap players?  

    I might not agree on all.  It seems some get hurt more often.  That is what I don't want.

    Face it, Hospital Ward is just a frail player.  If he didn't get involved with tackling players, he  probably wouldn't get hurt expect for a hamstring issue once or twice a season.

    @ballpeen said:

    Face it, Hospital Ward is just a frail player. 

    Which of our CB's have demonstrated that they are not frail?   My line has been to call them brittle.

  • Well, I just read that Greedy, Ward and Newsome all will practice today along with Jed so that's good news

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I don’t follow that logic

    My point, they're ALL going to get hurt.  Would you rather have good players or cheap players?  

    @orion said:

    My point, they're ALL going to get hurt.  Would you rather have good players or cheap players?  

    Ward is 0 for 3 staying healthy. He’s missed a month in each of his first three seasons.  He’s missed 12 games and he’s still on his first contract. 

  • @orion said:

    My point, they're ALL going to get hurt.  Would you rather have good players or cheap players?  

    Ward is 0 for 3 staying healthy. He’s missed a month in each of his first three seasons.  He’s missed 12 games and he’s still on his first contract. 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Ward is 0 for 3 staying healthy. He’s missed a month in each of his first three seasons.  He’s missed 12 games and he’s still on his first contract. 

    Yeah, he's brittle.  But he gets better.  🙂

  • Well, I just read that Greedy, Ward and Newsome all will practice today along with Jed so that's good news

    @hx214 said:

    Well, I just read that Greedy, Ward and Newsome all will practice today along with Jed so that's good news

    Yes, they all practiced yesterday.  (LP). Ditto Wills. A bunch of guys apparently getting R&R days off...   https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report/

  • All Injury Updates

    Cmon, man! Awards for 10/14:

    *JOK's chin strap got caught on his throat early in the game

    * 2 injuries listed for each of Garrett, Clowney, Takk

    Cards will be without two first-team all-pros - C Hudson, DE Jones

  • ward and williams good to go for sunday maybe get newsome back for the denver game 

  • Did he actually make it through the whole game today??

  • Did he actually make it through the whole game today??

    @hx214 said:

    Did he actually make it through the whole game today??

    yep and got a bullshit call against him

  • @orion said:

    My point, they're ALL going to get hurt.  Would you rather have good players or cheap players?  

    Ward is 0 for 3 staying healthy. He’s missed a month in each of his first three seasons.  He’s missed 12 games and he’s still on his first contract. 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Ward is 0 for 3 staying healthy. He’s missed a month in each of his first three seasons.  He’s missed 12 games and he’s still on his first contract. 

    Through his first 3 years myles Garrett missed more than games than "hospital" ward missed through his first 3 if we're going with this availability argument

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Ward is 0 for 3 staying healthy. He’s missed a month in each of his first three seasons.  He’s missed 12 games and he’s still on his first contract. 

    Through his first 3 years myles Garrett missed more than games than "hospital" ward missed through his first 3 if we're going with this availability argument

    @bjh2130 said:

    Through his first 3 years myles Garrett missed more than games than "hospital" ward missed through his first 3 if we're going with this availability argument

    I’m not discussing Myles Garrett.  You have no idea how I feel about him nor should you or anyone else care.

    I didn’t call him “hospital” Ward.

    My post just stated facts.  

    Right now, I’m curious what he and his agent want on his next contract.  

  • @bjh2130 said:

    Through his first 3 years myles Garrett missed more than games than "hospital" ward missed through his first 3 if we're going with this availability argument

    I’m not discussing Myles Garrett.  You have no idea how I feel about him nor should you or anyone else care.

    I didn’t call him “hospital” Ward.

    My post just stated facts.  

    Right now, I’m curious what he and his agent want on his next contract.  

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m not discussing Myles Garrett.  You have no idea how I feel about him nor should you or anyone else care.

    I didn’t call him “hospital” Ward.

    My post just stated facts.  

    Right now, I’m curious what he and his agent want on his next contract.  

    True.  Most of those were because of a suspension.  

    Garrett can take care of that, and has.  Hospital Ward is still frail.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I’m not discussing Myles Garrett.  You have no idea how I feel about him nor should you or anyone else care.

    I didn’t call him “hospital” Ward.

    My post just stated facts.  

    Right now, I’m curious what he and his agent want on his next contract.  

    True.  Most of those were because of a suspension.  

    Garrett can take care of that, and has.  Hospital Ward is still frail.

    @ballpeen said:

    Garrett can take care of that, and has.  Hospital Ward is still frail.

    One of these things is not like the other....

    CBs take a beating.... always have always will. Bigger question is when Ward answers the proverbal bell, is he enough of a difference maker? Answer that and then worry about the Cap impact of a part timer.