Baker Mayfield
-
do ya think being that obj is A #2 in l.a has anything to do with it
Actually no, I don't think anything that OBJ is doing now matters regarding why we couldn't get him the ball...and/or why our passing game was a flop in 2021. I would just love to know what he thought about the whole thing and why wanted out so badly. I'm sure Berry knows, because he talked with him at the time....but Berry won't talk. I even tried water-boarding on him.
I would just love to know what he thought about the whole thing and why wanted out so badly. I'm sure Berry knows, because he talked with him at the time....but Berry won't talk. I even tried water-boarding on him.
1. OBJ is a big city/big stage guy. He's a guy who loves the spotlight. New York is the biggest stage. Los Angeles is Hollywood. He ended up being traded to Cleveland.
2. This is not a dynamic passing offense. It's not how Stefanski's offense is set up.
3. Baker Mayfield is not a dynamic passer. He can be a successful QB in Stefanski's offense, but he's not going to put up Madden numbers, thus, his WRs aren't going to put up big numbers.
-
I would just love to know what he thought about the whole thing and why wanted out so badly. I'm sure Berry knows, because he talked with him at the time....but Berry won't talk. I even tried water-boarding on him.
1. OBJ is a big city/big stage guy. He's a guy who loves the spotlight. New York is the biggest stage. Los Angeles is Hollywood. He ended up being traded to Cleveland.
2. This is not a dynamic passing offense. It's not how Stefanski's offense is set up.
3. Baker Mayfield is not a dynamic passer. He can be a successful QB in Stefanski's offense, but he's not going to put up Madden numbers, thus, his WRs aren't going to put up big numbers.
1. OBJ is a big city/big stage guy. He's a guy who loves the spotlight. New York is the biggest stage. Los Angeles is Hollywood. He ended up being traded to Cleveland.
2. This is not a dynamic passing offense. It's not how Stefanski's offense is set up.
3. Baker Mayfield is not a dynamic passer. He can be a successful QB in Stefanski's offense, but he's not going to put up Madden numbers, thus, his WRs aren't going to put up big numbers.
I 100% agree on all points. But we HAVE to have the ability to be a dynamic passing team. We play in the NFL...and it's always been all about the QB. (a smart guy once said that...or was it a smart ass?)
-
Given the number of snaps Stef apparently wants to call using 5WR, yards should flow like water.
Let's start with completing the pass before we worry about the YAC, though. Perhaps if the WR group were as athletic as Ohio State's backups, we'd have a shot at more than a 3 yard dumpoff and a cloud of fieldturf pellets.
As a comparison, Jordan Love gets the ball out quickly and usually makes the right decision -- as we saw, he's had some accuracy issues even with the right read.
-
seriously some of you people must be brain damaged who the hell are you going to get to replace baker ?
seriously some of you people must be brain damaged who the hell are you going to get to replace baker ?
I'd give Russ Wilson and Rodgers the start right away but they're the only two in the NFL that you might be able to make a play for. Anyone else is either not leaving their team for any price or not worth trading up for.
-
seriously some of you people must be brain damaged who the hell are you going to get to replace baker ?
I'd give Russ Wilson and Rodgers the start right away but they're the only two in the NFL that you might be able to make a play for. Anyone else is either not leaving their team for any price or not worth trading up for.
I'd give Russ Wilson and Rodgers the start right away but they're the only two in the NFL that you might be able to make a play for. Anyone else is either not leaving their team for any price or not worth trading up for.
Not to mention we would be in competition with Shittsburgh for a FA QB in the AFCN.
-
They're going to keep Baker. I don't think there's any chance of Cleveland landing Rodgers or Wilson. Maybe they get Carr and he outright starts over Baker. Otherwise, they're going to get Cousins or Trubisky or draft a mid round QB to push him.
Baker's career as a starting QB might be over. We will know after he takes his first big hit and if he gets up with confidence or continues to see ghosts.
-
They're going to keep Baker. I don't think there's any chance of Cleveland landing Rodgers or Wilson. Maybe they get Carr and he outright starts over Baker. Otherwise, they're going to get Cousins or Trubisky or draft a mid round QB to push him.
Baker's career as a starting QB might be over. We will know after he takes his first big hit and if he gets up with confidence or continues to see ghosts.
They're going to keep Baker. I don't think there's any chance of Cleveland landing Rodgers or Wilson. Maybe they get Carr and he outright starts over Baker. Otherwise, they're going to get Cousins or Trubisky or draft a mid round QB to push him.
Baker's career as a starting QB might be over. We will know after he takes his first big hit and if he gets up with confidence or continues to see ghosts.
Depending on how the coach situation pans out, if the Browns could swap Carr for Mayfield + a pick I'd do that in a heartbeat. I think Carr is everything this offense wants and needs and quietly has clutch in his career. If I'm Berry and that's an option, it's a no brainer for me.
-
They're going to keep Baker. I don't think there's any chance of Cleveland landing Rodgers or Wilson. Maybe they get Carr and he outright starts over Baker. Otherwise, they're going to get Cousins or Trubisky or draft a mid round QB to push him.
Baker's career as a starting QB might be over. We will know after he takes his first big hit and if he gets up with confidence or continues to see ghosts.
Depending on how the coach situation pans out, if the Browns could swap Carr for Mayfield + a pick I'd do that in a heartbeat. I think Carr is everything this offense wants and needs and quietly has clutch in his career. If I'm Berry and that's an option, it's a no brainer for me.
Depending on how the coach situation pans out, if the Browns could swap Carr for Mayfield + a pick I'd do that in a heartbeat. I think Carr is everything this offense wants and needs and quietly has clutch in his career. If I'm Berry and that's an option, it's a no brainer for me.
Baker seems irrelevant to the trade lol. Who's going to want him coming off injury and after the year he had?
-
Depending on how the coach situation pans out, if the Browns could swap Carr for Mayfield + a pick I'd do that in a heartbeat. I think Carr is everything this offense wants and needs and quietly has clutch in his career. If I'm Berry and that's an option, it's a no brainer for me.
Baker seems irrelevant to the trade lol. Who's going to want him coming off injury and after the year he had?
Baker seems irrelevant to the trade lol. Who's going to want him coming off injury and after the year he had?
the same reason Goff went to the Lions, my man. If it wasn't clear, I'm saying the Browns would also have to throw in pick(s) on top of trading Mayfield. In this scenario, the team wouldn't keep Mayfield as back-up. That would be plain dumb.
Some team is always going to take a chance on a top pick who had at least some high caliber film on tape (Carson Wentz, for example). This situation isn't the same, but I'd say that Wentz was literally at the same place Mayfield is now in terms of "does he still have it" and look what the Colts gave up. Granted, Wentz strong season was better than any of Mayfield's, but the situation is very comparable.
-
Rumor mill says Baker for Cousins...
The rumor mill that starts their own out of thin air just for clicks.
Probably Dawgs by Nature, Heavy On and most of those other sites that go full trash when offseason hits.
I'm not saying it isn't possible, only saying the rumor isn't from actual NFL sources more than just wild speculation.
-
They're going to keep Baker. I don't think there's any chance of Cleveland landing Rodgers or Wilson. Maybe they get Carr and he outright starts over Baker. Otherwise, they're going to get Cousins or Trubisky or draft a mid round QB to push him.
Baker's career as a starting QB might be over. We will know after he takes his first big hit and if he gets up with confidence or continues to see ghosts.
Depending on how the coach situation pans out, if the Browns could swap Carr for Mayfield + a pick I'd do that in a heartbeat. I think Carr is everything this offense wants and needs and quietly has clutch in his career. If I'm Berry and that's an option, it's a no brainer for me.
Depending on how the coach situation pans out, if the Browns could swap Carr for Mayfield + a pick I'd do that in a heartbeat. I think Carr is everything this offense wants and needs and quietly has clutch in his career. If I'm Berry and that's an option, it's a no brainer for me.
If I could swap out my Honda for a Ferrari it'd be a no brainer for me as well, but unfortunately for Berry and myself, reality has a pesky way of snuffing out pipe-dreams.
-
Depending on how the coach situation pans out, if the Browns could swap Carr for Mayfield + a pick I'd do that in a heartbeat. I think Carr is everything this offense wants and needs and quietly has clutch in his career. If I'm Berry and that's an option, it's a no brainer for me.
If I could swap out my Honda for a Ferrari it'd be a no brainer for me as well, but unfortunately for Berry and myself, reality has a pesky way of snuffing out pipe-dreams.
-
Depending on how the coach situation pans out, if the Browns could swap Carr for Mayfield + a pick I'd do that in a heartbeat. I think Carr is everything this offense wants and needs and quietly has clutch in his career. If I'm Berry and that's an option, it's a no brainer for me.
If I could swap out my Honda for a Ferrari it'd be a no brainer for me as well, but unfortunately for Berry and myself, reality has a pesky way of snuffing out pipe-dreams.
If I could swap out my Honda for a Ferrari it'd be a no brainer for me as well, but unfortunately for Berry and myself, reality has a pesky way of snuffing out pipe-dreams.
Carr a Ferrari? That's a pretty generous assessment. You should be working for Ganley.
But I got to love a guy who keeps his dreams so modest. Kind of like taking a ride through Bedford and getting choked up by the 1150 square foot two bed 1 bath bungalow.
?
WSS
-
Depending on how the coach situation pans out, if the Browns could swap Carr for Mayfield + a pick I'd do that in a heartbeat. I think Carr is everything this offense wants and needs and quietly has clutch in his career. If I'm Berry and that's an option, it's a no brainer for me.
If I could swap out my Honda for a Ferrari it'd be a no brainer for me as well, but unfortunately for Berry and myself, reality has a pesky way of snuffing out pipe-dreams.
-
Mayfield a Honda?
That's a pretty generous assessment.
Hondas perform well every day. ?
More like a Yugo or a Chevy Nova (which in South America was a joke because "no va" means doesn't go in Spanish).???
-
Mayfield a Honda?
That's a pretty generous assessment.
Hondas perform well every day. ?
Gave up my caddy for my Honda. I miss a heavier car and AWD, but damn it's way cheaper to maintain and better on gas.
-
Mayfield a Honda?
That's a pretty generous assessment.
Hondas perform well every day. ?
Gave up my caddy for my Honda. I miss a heavier car and AWD, but damn it's way cheaper to maintain and better on gas.
-
Mazda is actually more reliable than honda or toyota now across the lineup, their chassis are infinitely better, and arguably best of all, no Mazda uses the terrible, horrible, no-good CVT. I bought a Honda new in 05, drove it 15 years and 300k, but i recently switched to the cx5 with the turbo and it's a superior drive. [Even got $750 from the dealer for trading in a 2005 car..]
Especially with crossclimate2 tires - I'm driving 90 miles tomorrow morning and I'll be fine even in this fun storm. They're all-seasons that are snow rated.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login