Skip to content

Baker Mayfield

The Browns Board
1.1k 68 53.8k 1
  • Given the number of snaps Stef apparently wants to call using 5WR, yards should flow like water.

    Let's start with completing the pass before we worry about the YAC, though.  Perhaps if the WR group were as athletic as Ohio State's backups, we'd have a shot at more than a 3 yard dumpoff and a cloud of fieldturf pellets. 

    As a comparison, Jordan Love gets the ball out quickly and usually makes the right decision -- as we saw, he's had some accuracy issues even with the right read.

  • seriously some of you people must be brain damaged who the hell are you going to get to replace baker ?

    @atom said:

    seriously some of you people must be brain damaged who the hell are you going to get to replace baker ?

    I'd give Russ Wilson and Rodgers the start right away but they're the only two in the NFL that you might be able to make a play for. Anyone else is either not leaving their team for any price or not worth trading up for. 

  • @atom said:

    seriously some of you people must be brain damaged who the hell are you going to get to replace baker ?

    I'd give Russ Wilson and Rodgers the start right away but they're the only two in the NFL that you might be able to make a play for. Anyone else is either not leaving their team for any price or not worth trading up for. 

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    I'd give Russ Wilson and Rodgers the start right away but they're the only two in the NFL that you might be able to make a play for. Anyone else is either not leaving their team for any price or not worth trading up for. 

    Not to mention we would be in competition with Shittsburgh for a FA QB in the AFCN.

  • They're going to keep Baker. I don't think there's any chance of Cleveland landing Rodgers or Wilson. Maybe they get Carr and he outright starts over Baker. Otherwise, they're going to get Cousins or Trubisky or draft a mid round QB to push him. 

    Baker's career as a starting QB might be over. We will know after he takes his first big hit and if he gets up with confidence or continues to see ghosts. 

  • They're going to keep Baker. I don't think there's any chance of Cleveland landing Rodgers or Wilson. Maybe they get Carr and he outright starts over Baker. Otherwise, they're going to get Cousins or Trubisky or draft a mid round QB to push him. 

    Baker's career as a starting QB might be over. We will know after he takes his first big hit and if he gets up with confidence or continues to see ghosts. 

    @vaportrail said:

    They're going to keep Baker. I don't think there's any chance of Cleveland landing Rodgers or Wilson. Maybe they get Carr and he outright starts over Baker. Otherwise, they're going to get Cousins or Trubisky or draft a mid round QB to push him. 

    Baker's career as a starting QB might be over. We will know after he takes his first big hit and if he gets up with confidence or continues to see ghosts. 

    Depending on how the coach situation pans out, if the Browns could swap Carr for Mayfield + a pick I'd do that in a heartbeat. I think Carr is everything this offense wants and needs and quietly has clutch in his career. If I'm Berry and that's an option, it's a no brainer for me. 

  • @vaportrail said:

    They're going to keep Baker. I don't think there's any chance of Cleveland landing Rodgers or Wilson. Maybe they get Carr and he outright starts over Baker. Otherwise, they're going to get Cousins or Trubisky or draft a mid round QB to push him. 

    Baker's career as a starting QB might be over. We will know after he takes his first big hit and if he gets up with confidence or continues to see ghosts. 

    Depending on how the coach situation pans out, if the Browns could swap Carr for Mayfield + a pick I'd do that in a heartbeat. I think Carr is everything this offense wants and needs and quietly has clutch in his career. If I'm Berry and that's an option, it's a no brainer for me. 

    @jrb12711 said:

    Depending on how the coach situation pans out, if the Browns could swap Carr for Mayfield + a pick I'd do that in a heartbeat. I think Carr is everything this offense wants and needs and quietly has clutch in his career. If I'm Berry and that's an option, it's a no brainer for me. 

    Baker seems irrelevant to the trade lol. Who's going to want him coming off injury and after the year he had?

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Depending on how the coach situation pans out, if the Browns could swap Carr for Mayfield + a pick I'd do that in a heartbeat. I think Carr is everything this offense wants and needs and quietly has clutch in his career. If I'm Berry and that's an option, it's a no brainer for me. 

    Baker seems irrelevant to the trade lol. Who's going to want him coming off injury and after the year he had?

    @vaportrail said:

    Baker seems irrelevant to the trade lol. Who's going to want him coming off injury and after the year he had?

    the same reason Goff went to the Lions, my man. If it wasn't clear, I'm saying the Browns would also have to throw in pick(s) on top of trading Mayfield. In this scenario, the team wouldn't keep Mayfield as back-up. That would be plain dumb.

    Some team is always going to take a chance on a top pick who had at least some high caliber film on tape (Carson Wentz, for example). This situation isn't the same, but I'd say that Wentz was literally at the same place Mayfield is now in terms of "does he still have it" and look what the Colts gave up. Granted, Wentz strong season was better than any of Mayfield's, but the situation is very comparable.

  • Rumor mill says Baker for Cousins...

  • Rumor mill says Baker for Cousins...

    @kvoethe said:

    Rumor mill says Baker for Cousins...

    The rumor mill that starts their own out of thin air just for clicks. 

    Probably Dawgs by Nature, Heavy On and most of those other sites that go full trash when offseason hits. 

    I'm not saying it isn't possible, only saying the rumor isn't from actual NFL sources more than just wild speculation. 

  • @vaportrail said:

    They're going to keep Baker. I don't think there's any chance of Cleveland landing Rodgers or Wilson. Maybe they get Carr and he outright starts over Baker. Otherwise, they're going to get Cousins or Trubisky or draft a mid round QB to push him. 

    Baker's career as a starting QB might be over. We will know after he takes his first big hit and if he gets up with confidence or continues to see ghosts. 

    Depending on how the coach situation pans out, if the Browns could swap Carr for Mayfield + a pick I'd do that in a heartbeat. I think Carr is everything this offense wants and needs and quietly has clutch in his career. If I'm Berry and that's an option, it's a no brainer for me. 

    @jrb12711 said:

    Depending on how the coach situation pans out, if the Browns could swap Carr for Mayfield + a pick I'd do that in a heartbeat. I think Carr is everything this offense wants and needs and quietly has clutch in his career. If I'm Berry and that's an option, it's a no brainer for me. 

    If I could swap out my Honda for a Ferrari it'd be a no brainer for me as well, but unfortunately for Berry and myself, reality has a pesky way of snuffing out pipe-dreams.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Depending on how the coach situation pans out, if the Browns could swap Carr for Mayfield + a pick I'd do that in a heartbeat. I think Carr is everything this offense wants and needs and quietly has clutch in his career. If I'm Berry and that's an option, it's a no brainer for me. 

    If I could swap out my Honda for a Ferrari it'd be a no brainer for me as well, but unfortunately for Berry and myself, reality has a pesky way of snuffing out pipe-dreams.

    @jbluhm86 said:

    If I could swap out my Honda for a Ferrari it'd be a no brainer for me as well, but unfortunately for Berry and myself, reality has a pesky way of snuffing out pipe-dreams.

    What a buzzkill JB!

    I was hoping we would get Tom Brady, and have Aaron Rodgers as his backup.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Depending on how the coach situation pans out, if the Browns could swap Carr for Mayfield + a pick I'd do that in a heartbeat. I think Carr is everything this offense wants and needs and quietly has clutch in his career. If I'm Berry and that's an option, it's a no brainer for me. 

    If I could swap out my Honda for a Ferrari it'd be a no brainer for me as well, but unfortunately for Berry and myself, reality has a pesky way of snuffing out pipe-dreams.

    @jbluhm86 said:

    If I could swap out my Honda for a Ferrari it'd be a no brainer for me as well, but unfortunately for Berry and myself, reality has a pesky way of snuffing out pipe-dreams.

    Carr a Ferrari? That's a pretty generous assessment. You should be working for Ganley.

    But I got to love a guy who keeps his dreams so modest. Kind of like taking a ride through Bedford and getting choked up by the 1150 square foot two bed 1 bath bungalow.

    ?

    WSS

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Depending on how the coach situation pans out, if the Browns could swap Carr for Mayfield + a pick I'd do that in a heartbeat. I think Carr is everything this offense wants and needs and quietly has clutch in his career. If I'm Berry and that's an option, it's a no brainer for me. 

    If I could swap out my Honda for a Ferrari it'd be a no brainer for me as well, but unfortunately for Berry and myself, reality has a pesky way of snuffing out pipe-dreams.

    @jbluhm86 said:

    If I could swap out my Honda for a Ferrari it'd be a no brainer for me as well, but unfortunately for Berry and myself, reality has a pesky way of snuffing out pipe-dreams.

    Mayfield a Honda? 

    That's a pretty generous assessment.

    Hondas perform well every day. ?

  • @jbluhm86 said:

    If I could swap out my Honda for a Ferrari it'd be a no brainer for me as well, but unfortunately for Berry and myself, reality has a pesky way of snuffing out pipe-dreams.

    Mayfield a Honda? 

    That's a pretty generous assessment.

    Hondas perform well every day. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Mayfield a Honda? 

    That's a pretty generous assessment.

    Hondas perform well every day. ?

    More like a Yugo or a Chevy Nova (which in South America was a joke because "no va" means doesn't go in Spanish).???

  • @jbluhm86 said:

    If I could swap out my Honda for a Ferrari it'd be a no brainer for me as well, but unfortunately for Berry and myself, reality has a pesky way of snuffing out pipe-dreams.

    Mayfield a Honda? 

    That's a pretty generous assessment.

    Hondas perform well every day. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Mayfield a Honda? 

    That's a pretty generous assessment.

    Hondas perform well every day. ?

    Gave up my caddy for my Honda.  I miss a heavier car and AWD, but damn it's way cheaper to maintain and better on gas.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Mayfield a Honda? 

    That's a pretty generous assessment.

    Hondas perform well every day. ?

    Gave up my caddy for my Honda.  I miss a heavier car and AWD, but damn it's way cheaper to maintain and better on gas.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Gave up my caddy for my Honda.  I miss a heavier car and AWD, but damn it's way cheaper to maintain and better on gas.

    Had a Honda for 11 years, it got totaled and got a Subaru. 

    I may never buy another brand of car. 

  • Mazda is actually more reliable than honda or toyota now across the lineup, their chassis are infinitely better, and arguably best of all, no Mazda uses the terrible, horrible, no-good CVT.  I bought a Honda new in 05, drove it 15 years and 300k, but i recently switched to the cx5 with the turbo and it's a superior drive. [Even got $750 from the dealer for trading in a 2005 car..]

    Especially with crossclimate2 tires - I'm driving 90 miles tomorrow morning and I'll be fine even in this fun storm.  They're all-seasons that are snow rated.

  • My first new car was an '85 Honda CRX Si I put over 200k hard ass but trouble free miles on it before it was rear ended by an uninsured 17yr old. 

    My second Honda was a 2003 Accord EX. It had 263k on it when I sold it last February when I bought my next Honda....

    A 2018 Honda Civic EX. It's my wife's car and she loves it. The CVT is weird though, but in typical wife fashion, she says she feels no difference between it and a gearbox car. What the actual fuck?? 

    I drive a 2019 Honda Ridgeline...... I'm 54 and with the way I keep vehicles, this could well be my last truck. It's the most comfortable, best driving Honda that I have ever owned. Go ahead, insert "it's not a truck" jokes down below... then go test drive one for yourself and you'll quickly shut the hell up. 

    I also owned a 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 that I drove for a few years and then gave to my daughter for her 16th birthday. It was a quick and fairly reliable car and while it was super fun to drive, it was certainly an economy car in terms of fit and finish. Road noise was the only thing louder than the exhaust. I do like Mazda though, but they are certainly no Honda. 

  • Mazda is actually more reliable than honda or toyota now across the lineup, their chassis are infinitely better, and arguably best of all, no Mazda uses the terrible, horrible, no-good CVT.  I bought a Honda new in 05, drove it 15 years and 300k, but i recently switched to the cx5 with the turbo and it's a superior drive. [Even got $750 from the dealer for trading in a 2005 car..]

    Especially with crossclimate2 tires - I'm driving 90 miles tomorrow morning and I'll be fine even in this fun storm.  They're all-seasons that are snow rated.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Mazda is actually more reliable than honda or toyota now across the lineup, their chassis are infinitely better, and arguably best of all, no Mazda uses the terrible, horrible, no-good CVT.  I bought a Honda new in 05, drove it 15 years and 300k, but i recently switched to the cx5 with the turbo and it's a superior drive. [Even got $750 from the dealer for trading in a 2005 car..]

    Especially with crossclimate2 tires - I'm driving 90 miles tomorrow morning and I'll be fine even in this fun storm.  They're all-seasons that are snow rated.

    I've heard good things about the newer Mazdas.  Can't argue with the K series motors in my Honda though. Damn thing will probably go 300k if I take care of it.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Had a Honda for 11 years, it got totaled and got a Subaru. 

    I may never buy another brand of car. 

    You sound like a good friend of mine. He loves his suby.

  • Mazda is actually more reliable than honda or toyota now across the lineup, their chassis are infinitely better, and arguably best of all, no Mazda uses the terrible, horrible, no-good CVT.  I bought a Honda new in 05, drove it 15 years and 300k, but i recently switched to the cx5 with the turbo and it's a superior drive. [Even got $750 from the dealer for trading in a 2005 car..]

    Especially with crossclimate2 tires - I'm driving 90 miles tomorrow morning and I'll be fine even in this fun storm.  They're all-seasons that are snow rated.

    @unsympathetic said:

    Mazda is actually more reliable than honda or toyota now across the lineup, their chassis are infinitely better, and arguably best of all, no Mazda uses the terrible, horrible, no-good CVT.  I bought a Honda new in 05, drove it 15 years and 300k, but i recently switched to the cx5 with the turbo and it's a superior drive. [Even got $750 from the dealer for trading in a 2005 car..]

    Especially with crossclimate2 tires - I'm driving 90 miles tomorrow morning and I'll be fine even in this fun storm.  They're all-seasons that are snow rated.

    @tiamat63 said:

    I've heard good things about the newer Mazdas.  Can't argue with the K series motors in my Honda though. Damn thing will probably go 300k if I take care of it.

    You sound like a good friend of mine. He loves his suby.

    I just bought a Mazda CX30 last year- I like it a lot.  It performs and handles really well for a small SUV. I can haul things besides kids and groceries. I had a CX5 before that and I liked it.  

    I have and had no issues with either.  

    Has anyone tried to sell a used car now?  Wow.  Cost of Used cars were reported to be up 30% this past year.