Skip to content

Baker Mayfield

The Browns Board
1.1k 68 53.8k 1
  • I just think it's funny the sky is falling mentality.   

    @lbc-mike said:

    I just think it's funny the sky is falling mentality.   

    That's Cleveland mentality.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I’ll be your huckleberry…WSS is pointing out the number of interceptions BM has thrown this season.

    He’s thrown the same amount of INT’s as Mahomes and Lamar Jackson.

    Baker has thrown less INT’s than 8 other QB’s, namely Lawrence, Stanford, Allen, Heinicke, Burrow, Carr, Tannehill, and Herbert.

    I know it doesn’t fit your narrative, but thems some facts.

    I don't do "narratives", I operate in fact.  So... let's talk fact.

    - Lamar is having a terrible season and is having trouble sustaining drives in a past first offense.   You yourself have upvoted comments that call him a "RB playing QB"    So why would I want to draw the parallel of Baker and Lamar?  Both are struggling and playing incredibly mediocre.  I've said that before.

    - Mahomes started off the year good and then went into an absolute flurry of turnovers that cost the chiefs games.   True to any good to great QB, the problems that ailed his played and held back his team he began to resolve and the Chiefs are once again considered a good team.    In no small part because Mahomes decided to pull his head out of his ass and stop throwing ill-advised passes which sometimes would be brilliant, but other times hurt his team.   Being smart about when to take the former at risk of the latter is crucial... find the balance.   He's also a Superbowl winning QB with a historic start to his career.

    - Lawrence is a rookie on the worst team in the NFL.  Why would we want that comparison brought up?   

    - Heinicke is an UDFA playing on a bioplar team.   Baker is the former #1 overall pick... again another comparison you really don't want to make.  

    - Stafford has had a stretch of questionable games with multiple turnovers yet still found ways to put TD's on the board when needed, including a GW drive this weekend.   He's thrown for 38TD's to 15INT's.   Still better than a 2:1 ratio.

    - Herbert has cost his team with his bipolar play at times, but his ceiling has been much higher than the cost of his floor.  4,631 yards 35TD's to 14INT's in a pass first offense by a 2nd year QB.   Again, greater than a 2:1 ratio

    - Burrow started out the year incredibly questionable throwing the majority of his picks the first 8 games.  Since that point he's turned it up to 11 and been one of the best young QB's in the NFL despite having his first year cut short by injury.  4,611 yards, 34 TD's to 14INT's.    Still greater than 2:1 ratio.

    Carr & Tennehill are above average QB's who aren't good enough to consistently shoulder the load on offense to produce elite teams, I've said that for some time now.    Tannehill also functions behind one of the most medicore Olines in the NFL minus Julio, Brown and Derrick Henry.    I think the good people of Tennessee know that Tanne isn't some long-term franchise savior.    Derek Carr isn't all that far behind.    This isn't the flattering company I need my potential franchise to be in, and if it is I need to be honest about his abilities and pay him according to said abilities.   Which means Tannehill is currently being paid about 8million more than what he's worth.  

    The comparison Steve attempted to absolve Baker with was against QB's who have been in the NFL less than half the time of Baker, who have shown flashes of greater ceiling, damn near pro-bowl nod, dismissing that while they've dealt with turnovers, they've had stretches of brilliant play on pass first teams.    Mayfield cannot say the same at any point in his career.

    It was a limp wristed attempt to say that somehow Baker is comparable those names.  He isn't, save for Lamar, Carr, Tannehill and Heineke.  And those aren't names I want my QB to emulate aside from maybe Carr when he plays out of his mind.   

    Bakers turnover problem, and penchant for batted passes (he leads the league in both categories since 2018) is not made up for by the rest of his play.    

    I don't deal in narratives, I deal in fact.  Baker's play has been deficient since the 2019 season and I've had to watch him make consistently questionable decisions no franchise level QB does for the length of time he has.

    @tiamat63 said:

    I don't do "narratives", I operate in fact.  So... let's talk fact.

    I posted facts, whether you or I agree with them isn’t relevant.

    - Lamar is having a terrible season and is having trouble sustaining drives in a past first offense.   You yourself have upvoted comments that call him a "RB playing QB"    So why would I want to draw the parallel of Baker and Lamar?  Both are struggling and playing incredibly mediocre.  I've said that before.

    Lamar is having a terrible season…well NO SHIT, so is Baker! You mean Baker isn’t permitted to have a bad season?

    - Mahomes started off the year good and then went into an absolute flurry of turnovers that cost the chiefs games.   True to any good to great QB, the problems that ailed his played and held back his team he began to resolve and the Chiefs are once again considered a good team.    In no small part because Mahomes decided to pull his head out of his ass and stop throwing ill-advised passes which sometimes would be brilliant, but other times hurt his team.   Being smart about when to take the former at risk of the latter is crucial... find the balance.   He's also a Superbowl winning QB with a historic start to his career.

    So you’re saying Mahomes is having a bad season too! Color me shocked!

    - Lawrence is a rookie on the worst team in the NFL.  Why would we want that comparison brought up?   
    No comparison, he just happens to have thrown more picks than Baker this year…no surprise.

    - Heinicke is an UDFA playing on a bioplar team.   Baker is the former #1 overall pick... again another comparison you really don't want to make.  
    Again no comparison, Heinicke has thrown more picks as well.

    - Stafford has had a stretch of questionable games with multiple turnovers yet still found ways to put TD's on the board when needed, including a GW drive this weekend.   He's thrown for 38TD's to 15INT's.   Still better than a 2:1 ratio.

    Matt Stafford is a veteran that hasn’t really blown my hair back with his play over the years. He’s playing with more talent than Baker, and has thrown more picks this year.

    - Herbert has cost his team with his bipolar play at times, but his ceiling has been much higher than the cost of his floor.  4,631 yards 35TD's to 14INT's in a pass first offense by a 2nd year QB.   Again, greater than a 2:1 ratio

    Great stats, but you didn’t mention he’s thrown more picks.

    - Burrow started out the year incredibly questionable throwing the majority of his picks the first 8 games.  Since that point he's turned it up to 11 and been one of the best young QB's in the NFL despite having his first year cut short by injury.  4,611 yards, 34 TD's to 14INT's.    Still greater than 2:1 ratio.

    I’ve been on the Burrow bandwagon since I saw him play for Athens. But again more picks than #6.

    Carr & Tennehill are above average QB's who aren't good enough to consistently shoulder the load on offense to produce elite teams, I've said that for some time now.    Tannehill also functions behind one of the most medicore Olines in the NFL minus Julio, Brown and Derrick Henry.    I think the good people of Tennessee know that Tanne isn't some long-term franchise savior.    Derek Carr isn't all that far behind.    This isn't the flattering company I need my potential franchise to be in, and if it is I need to be honest about his abilities and pay him according to said abilities.   Which means Tannehill is currently being paid about 8million more than what he's worth.  

    Carr and Tannehill have thrown more picks.

    The comparison Steve attempted to absolve Baker with was against QB's who have been in the NFL less than half the time of Baker, who have shown flashes of greater ceiling, damn near pro-bowl nod, dismissing that while they've dealt with turnovers, they've had stretches of brilliant play on pass first teams.    Mayfield cannot say the same at any point in his career.

    It was a limp wristed attempt to say that somehow Baker is comparable those names.  He isn't, save for Lamar, Carr, Tannehill and Heineke.  And those aren't names I want my QB to emulate aside from maybe Carr when he plays out of his mind.   
    I would simply love for you to show me where I said, “Baker is compatible to those names”.

    I simply interpreted a list of NFL QB’s that has thrown more interceptions than Mayfield.

    Your original premise was about turnovers, unless you’re discussing pastries I would venture to say this is an attempt to move the goal post.

    Bakers turnover problem, and penchant for batted passes (he leads the league in both categories since 2018) is not made up for by the rest of his play.    

    I don't deal in narratives, I deal in fact.  Baker's play has been deficient since the 2019 season and I've had to watch him make consistently questionable decisions no franchise level QB does for the length of time he has.

    Sounds like you have an issue dealing with the fact that there are more QB’s with interceptions than BM?

    CD

  • @tiamat63 said:

    "YoU dOnT kNoW wHaT bAkErS fIrSt ReAd Is"

    "WrS aReNt GeTtInG oPeN"

    FIPkKdbXsAM8oLf.thumb.jpeg.d2155745d99a156920b085623d34d973.jpeg

    Yeah, how many guys ARE open on that play?  Guess we'll just have to let the apologists believe whatever they want to....  

    BTW, and I duly noticed this too...  WKNR Goldhammer is a Steeler fan, and even he admitted...  "Is this a football game, or a six hour tribute to Big Ben??"

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah, how many guys ARE open on that play?  Guess we'll just have to let the apologists believe whatever they want to....  

    BTW, and I duly noticed this too...  WKNR Goldhammer is a Steeler fan, and even he admitted...  "Is this a football game, or a six hour tribute to Big Ben??"

    Goldhammer is a Broncos fan. He's from Denver. But his job is to be the foil.

    WSS 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    "YoU dOnT kNoW wHaT bAkErS fIrSt ReAd Is"

    "WrS aReNt GeTtInG oPeN"

    FIPkKdbXsAM8oLf.thumb.jpeg.d2155745d99a156920b085623d34d973.jpeg

    Yeah, how many guys ARE open on that play?  Guess we'll just have to let the apologists believe whatever they want to....  

    BTW, and I duly noticed this too...  WKNR Goldhammer is a Steeler fan, and even he admitted...  "Is this a football game, or a six hour tribute to Big Ben??"

    @hoorta said:

     "Is this a football game, or a six hour tribute to Big Ben??"

    I don’t know how big Roethlisberger’s cock is….but ESPN managed to swallow all of it.

  • You can't educate the intentionally ignorant tia. They are just transferring over here because no one tries to engage them anymore where they live for that exact same reason.

  •  -- 34 minutes of agreement with tia.

    JT O'Sullivan [QB School channel] is a pretty good analyst.

    "This video is about to be a damn hour long because I can't get over throwing a pick to a post safety on a post route"

    @unsympathetic said:

    "This video is about to be a damn hour long because I can't get over throwing a pick to a post safety on a post route"

    I've had this sitting on my desktop for over a week now, because I kept going back to that play too.    It's no surprise to me that anybody else with a pair of eyes saw what I did.

    1484742397_Postsafety1.thumb.jpg.ad89a98e964ef0d29cc4acbd0c8295ea.jpg

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    1249078814_Postsafety2.thumb.jpg.79e4b5e5167adeed80bb39f58d31a633.jpg

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    1887738050_Postsafety3.thumb.jpg.3d890acde9263d2bca52b1ac72a98b42.jpg

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    1147703020_Postsafety4.thumb.jpg.9445e9d8b08c9b7e99db93d06034abcb.jpg

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    605036528_Postsafety5.thumb.jpg.1bc0d77a6a7a0a071473c25f483009e5.jpg

    This is actually similar route structure to the play I drew up from the Brett Kollomann video.  The flood with the skinny po where he claimed OBJ was being used as a "decoy" when he wasn't.   Instead of taking the post 1 on 1 and understanding the principles of how to attack cover 6, Baker took the '7' on that particular play.    It was open and it was a first down, but it was something I argued about failing to maximize your vertical talent.

    But In this play, you have that same skinny po which clears out the corner and draws the MFS.   Funny thing is, you can still beat MOTFC closed looks with post combos, but not at this depth, not with your downfield accuracy issues and not with receivers who are still trying to find their footing.     What's worse is Baker had SO much time to look at this play and take the safe, smart and completely wide open throw after he saw Douglas void and Higgins clear under.    Instead he thought the MFS sitting flat footed wouldn't recover.    Usually Baker has enough arm, but this is where I talk about nuance and situational awareness.  Baker lacks it a great deal most of the time.  You're pushing the ball into a look that makes your deep post not a viable route.   Take what's easy, take what's given and save your arm man.   

    I have no explanation for Bakers thought process here, it defies football I.Q.    When he has a chance to do the smart thing, he rather routinely does the opposite and when he does said opposite it leads to stalled drives and picks that setup opposing offenses on a short field.  

  • You can't educate the intentionally ignorant tia. They are just transferring over here because no one tries to engage them anymore where they live for that exact same reason.

    @texasag1969 said:

    You can't educate the intentionally ignorant tia. They are just transferring over here because no one tries to engage them anymore where they live for that exact same reason.

    Who?  What?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    You can't educate the intentionally ignorant tia. They are just transferring over here because no one tries to engage them anymore where they live for that exact same reason.

    Who?  What?

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Who?  What?

    Not you, the other guy. Because if he repeats something 20 times, that makes it correct. What happens is the other folks just get tired of beating their heads against a brick wall and give up.  

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Who?  What?

    Not you, the other guy. Because if he repeats something 20 times, that makes it correct. What happens is the other folks just get tired of beating their heads against a brick wall and give up.  

    @hoorta said:

    Not you, the other guy. Because if he repeats something 20 times, that makes it correct. What happens is the other folks just get tired of beating their heads against a brick wall and give up.  

    oh, you mean the guy who smarts off, can't back it up, then goes and has modular hidsies and seeksies instead of

    answering the question I posed. So, the "question was wrong, so I had to not answer it".

    lol.

    what a Baker hater.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Who?  What?

    Not you, the other guy. Because if he repeats something 20 times, that makes it correct. What happens is the other folks just get tired of beating their heads against a brick wall and give up.  

    @hoorta said:

    Not you, the other guy. Because if he repeats something 20 times, that makes it correct. What happens is the other folks just get tired of beating their heads against a brick wall and give up.  

    Sounds as if you have been to the political forum on here

    ???

  • @hoorta said:

    Not you, the other guy. Because if he repeats something 20 times, that makes it correct. What happens is the other folks just get tired of beating their heads against a brick wall and give up.  

    Sounds as if you have been to the political forum on here

    ???

    @browns149 said:

    Sounds as if you have been to the trumpulumpigus forum on here.

    ???

    FIFY?

  • @browns149 said:

    Sounds as if you have been to the trumpulumpigus forum on here.

    ???

    FIFY?

    @texasag1969 said:

    FIFY?

    That works too

  • @hoorta said:

    Not you, the other guy. Because if he repeats something 20 times, that makes it correct. What happens is the other folks just get tired of beating their heads against a brick wall and give up.  

    Sounds as if you have been to the political forum on here

    ???

    @browns149 said:

    Sounds as if you have been to the political forum on here

    ???

    He left that forum because he got embarrassed. Now, Ja'Marr Chase and the Bengals made him cry "no mas".

    He just gets that way sometimes......

  • @browns149 said:

    Sounds as if you have been to the political forum on here

    ???

    He left that forum because he got embarrassed. Now, Ja'Marr Chase and the Bengals made him cry "no mas".

    He just gets that way sometimes......

    @calfoxwc said:

    He left that forum because he got embarrassed. Now, Ja'Marr Chase and the Bengals made him cry "no mas".

    He just gets that way sometimes......

    If people left there for being embarrassed, there would be No one left there

  • The thing that I have the most problem with, is Baker is a 1 read QB, if his first read is there, he can fire the ball and be great, but when that isn’t there, he struggles 

    People keep saying, he can be good enough when things are going well

    But in 2022, you need a guy that can win games, when things are not going well

    And Baker has proven that he can’t win games when things are not going well

  • @browns149 said:

    Sounds as if you have been to the political forum on here

    ???

    He left that forum because he got embarrassed. Now, Ja'Marr Chase and the Bengals made him cry "no mas".

    He just gets that way sometimes......

    @calfoxwc said:

    He left that forum because he got embarrassed. Now, Ja'Marr Chase and the Bengals made him cry "no mas".

    He just gets that way sometimes......

    Nope, when the opposing opinion doesn't suit your POV you just keep on keeping on with whataboutism until the other side gives up.  A prime example is you trying to defect the FACT that Baker had a shitful game against the Steelers "Well whatabout Ben had a lousy game too"..   You're hopeless. 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    He left that forum because he got embarrassed. Now, Ja'Marr Chase and the Bengals made him cry "no mas".

    He just gets that way sometimes......

    Nope, when the opposing opinion doesn't suit your POV you just keep on keeping on with whataboutism until the other side gives up.  A prime example is you trying to defect the FACT that Baker had a shitful game against the Steelers "Well whatabout Ben had a lousy game too"..   You're hopeless. 

    @hoorta said:

    Nope, when the opposing opinion doesn't suit your POV you just keep on keeping on with whataboutism until the other side gives up.  A prime example is you trying to defect the FACT that Baker had a shitful game against the Steelers "Well whatabout Ben had a lousy game too"..   You're hopeless. 

    I didn't say that at all. Not a bit. I simply asked you a simple question, and you went quiet. Your ego couldn't handle the truth. Tiam knows his football, and HE couldn't bail you out on that one. Your ego driven assumptions got the best of you on both forums.

    Have a nice day.

  • @hoorta said:

    Not you, the other guy. Because if he repeats something 20 times, that makes it correct. What happens is the other folks just get tired of beating their heads against a brick wall and give up.  

    oh, you mean the guy who smarts off, can't back it up, then goes and has modular hidsies and seeksies instead of

    answering the question I posed. So, the "question was wrong, so I had to not answer it".

    lol.

    what a Baker hater.

    @calfoxwc said:

    oh, you mean the guy who smarts off, can't back it up, then goes and has modular hidsies and seeksies instead of

    answering the question I posed. So, the "question was wrong, so I had to not answer it".

    lol.

    what a Baker hater.

    Absolutely no one on here thinks you ever own anyone on any discussion.

    Strike that... I suppose if the topic of skinning and cooking a rodent came up, you would be the resident genius on this topic.