Baker Mayfield
-
Mary Kay is garbage and Baker is correct. I've mentioned before when I've seen her at training camp - the one her head was down and buried in her phone for 90 minutes straight. Yet she's accurately reporting camp news?
-
Mary Kay is garbage and Baker is correct. I've mentioned before when I've seen her at training camp - the one her head was down and buried in her phone for 90 minutes straight. Yet she's accurately reporting camp news?
Mary Kay is garbage and Baker is correct. I've mentioned before when I've seen her at training camp - the one her head was down and buried in her phone for 90 minutes straight. Yet she's accurately reporting camp news?
I hope the dumb broad gets fired from Cleveland.com and the Browns for false reporting...
-
-
Now that the reporters are not allowed in the locker room, how do ANY of them know what’s going on in there?
-
This article is a little bit less hyper.
WSS
It’s on the opposite spectrum. Says its okay to call out coaches. Once/twice during a career I guess. What they fail mention is that he’s called out everyone including the fans. I wish he would stop talking. It’s not a good look.
-
Cabot continues her classless garbage reporting..(insert drama queen as her source)
I'm glad Baker put her in her chit-slinging place ?
Watch your source's out there.... this broad's job is to report on Bengals week
Tretter from his own mouth today... Reported he will be playing next season ?.. that's our best source...
-
Oh good god, the drama continues.
The silly season has begun early. LOL, Stefanski connection- Baker for Cousins straight up.
-
Yes this is on the Bluetooth read but I think really helps to understand this situation. I hope everybody can get past to pay wall.
WSS
-
No pay wall but just an awful article. Reminds me why I don’t read local news.
-
Oh good god, the drama continues.
The silly season has begun early. LOL, Stefanski connection- Baker for Cousins straight up.
-
I've touched on this before, but the Browns do not have a QB-WR situation where one position group helps to overcome the shortcomings of the other. Generally, at least for your more stable teams with franchise QB's, you can overcome the loss of receivers. Tampa Bay doesn't have Godwin, Gronk is banged up, and they just lost AB over his insanity. Scotty Miller, Tyler Johnson and Cameron Brate stepped in to contribute and the wheels keep turning.
There were multiple Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot. moments in this game, but this play is really my frustrations in a nutshell. Because this should be pitch and catch. Our personnel and their inability to execute wasn't on the coaching staff. And it's the little plays like this where you take your cheap yards, stay on schedule and put together a positive drive.
Here we are again with the empty sets. Broken record, I know, I know.
Pre-snap, you can read potential space to work with for any sight adjustments. You can also do a box count and check the alignment of the defense along with a potential coverage shell and get an idea of how you'd like to attack this for those cheap yards.
Either way, you know that corner as the most perimeter man and if your post-snap adjust dictates boxing him out with the receiver, then what you're looking to do is to just take advantage of your skill players getting quickly off the line and into space before the rushers along the line can drop back into their assignments. Reading hot... If #3 is coming on a pressure, you can hit that little fire pass to your TE to his inside or outside shoulder depending on leverage of the edge-most defender (2) If 3 drops inside over your TE and 2 comes on the pressure, then your #2 just works lateral away from all the traffic.
Either way, this an attempt at an overload. The Dline shift means you're liking going to call a slide to pickup the estimated bodies. The DE to the boundary is already at more of a 4i tech. So Wills doesn't have to worry about setting to his outside edge and even if there was a slant called, the natural alignments makes it easy to widen out his rusher.
Both 2 and 3 rushers come on a pressure. The Browns Oline has a slide call and the rush is picked up beautifully. This is quality protection.
Two issues ruin this play.
1st - DPJ, instead of running flat immediately and getting away from traffic ASAP, runs 5 up then breaks out. It isn't a back breaking problem, but I've mentioned that even when this team does connect, the "polish" just isn't there. This team has struggled to get max YAC all year. I haven't seen the numbers, but if I had to guess, we're likely bottom half of the league in yards beyond expected YAC. Where example a team like San Fran leads the NFL in yards beyond expected YAC.
The finality of the play....
- Baker could have cleaned this play up, but for reasons I can't understand, he double clutches instead of putting it outside or at worst... directly on DPJ. The ball ends up too high and too far back inside. Worst of all, both DPJ and Baker allowed for the one defender who could have ruined this play to recover. It's like losing a 2 on 1 fast break in Basketball. It's fucking embarrassing. I've mentioned this offense having this same issue several times before. It's not a coaching problem right there, this is an execution problem.
Ultimately I need my QB to be able to cover up bad smells here and there from the players around him. That's why the QB is the most important piece and gets paid. Because if my QB position is settled, then I have my foundation to build around. But I've been going back and watching games as early as the 1st 1/3 of the season and this wasn't an uncommon sight. Routine plays that either didn't achieve the expected yards they could have, or were a complete bust.
So when I hear Baker say things like "I know what I have to work on"... then he's setting himself up for either greatness or total failure. Because when his shoulder and body are right and should he continue to miss throws like this, he will not be the QB in Cleveland for the 2023 season at the price a franchise QB is found.
-
Fans blame Raiders QB Derek Carr for playoff loss to ...
Las Vegas Raiders quarterback Derek Carr throws during the first half of an NFL wild-card playoff football game against the Cincinnati Bengals, Saturday, Jan. 15, 2022, in Cincinnati.*****************************************************************We watched that game. Overthrows. Bad throws. A few throws thrown at receiver's feet. Didn't see a few open wr's. Sacked three times - once nearly for a safety. "Held the ball too long"......qb rating 39.2.This is who some want the Browns to trade for to replace an injured Baker Mayfield?Just.......... -
Fans blame Raiders QB Derek Carr for playoff loss to ...
Las Vegas Raiders quarterback Derek Carr throws during the first half of an NFL wild-card playoff football game against the Cincinnati Bengals, Saturday, Jan. 15, 2022, in Cincinnati.*****************************************************************We watched that game. Overthrows. Bad throws. A few throws thrown at receiver's feet. Didn't see a few open wr's. Sacked three times - once nearly for a safety. "Held the ball too long"......qb rating 39.2.This is who some want the Browns to trade for to replace an injured Baker Mayfield?Just..........Fans blame Raiders QB Derek Carr for playoff loss to ...
Las Vegas Raiders quarterback Derek Carr throws during the first half of an NFL wild-card playoff football game against the Cincinnati Bengals, Saturday, Jan. 15, 2022, in Cincinnati.*****************************************************************We watched that game. Overthrows. Bad throws. A few throws thrown at receiver's feet. Didn't see a few open wr's. Sacked three times - once nearly for a safety. "Held the ball too long"......qb rating 39.2.This is who some want the Browns to trade for to replace an injured Baker Mayfield?Just..........I'd love to see the Browns trade for Derek Carr...
I'd love to see what exciting excuses you'd come up for him.
-
Fans blame Raiders QB Derek Carr for playoff loss to ...
Las Vegas Raiders quarterback Derek Carr throws during the first half of an NFL wild-card playoff football game against the Cincinnati Bengals, Saturday, Jan. 15, 2022, in Cincinnati.*****************************************************************We watched that game. Overthrows. Bad throws. A few throws thrown at receiver's feet. Didn't see a few open wr's. Sacked three times - once nearly for a safety. "Held the ball too long"......qb rating 39.2.This is who some want the Browns to trade for to replace an injured Baker Mayfield?Just..........Fans blame Raiders QB Derek Carr for playoff loss to ...
Las Vegas Raiders quarterback Derek Carr throws during the first half of an NFL wild-card playoff football game against the Cincinnati Bengals, Saturday, Jan. 15, 2022, in Cincinnati.*****************************************************************We watched that game. Overthrows. Bad throws. A few throws thrown at receiver's feet. Didn't see a few open wr's. Sacked three times - once nearly for a safety. "Held the ball too long"......qb rating 39.2.This is who some want the Browns to trade for to replace an injured Baker Mayfield?Just..........Carr is the reason they made the playoffs. Fans are insane. He has something like 29 4th down come back wins. Give me a break Raiders.
-
Pull with your LEFT arm Baker.
No really, glad the surgery went well, and I hope Baker is back to 100% this year.
-
Stefanski was asked later how the injury and harness will affect his evaluation of Mayfield’s season.
“I don’t want to characterize it as a footnote like you said, but it’s not something that I’m thinking a lot about,” he said. “I think it’s one of those things that he certainly worked through it, but we focus on how he looks in practice, how he looks in the games, and he’s done a nice job.”
Really Kevin!!!!????-fooled me for sure, especially the 4 ints in one game.
-
Stefanski was asked later how the injury and harness will affect his evaluation of Mayfield’s season.
“I don’t want to characterize it as a footnote like you said, but it’s not something that I’m thinking a lot about,” he said. “I think it’s one of those things that he certainly worked through it, but we focus on how he looks in practice, how he looks in the games, and he’s done a nice job.”
Really Kevin!!!!????-fooled me for sure, especially the 4 ints in one game.
Stefanski was asked later how the injury and harness will affect his evaluation of Mayfield’s season.
“I don’t want to characterize it as a footnote like you said, but it’s not something that I’m thinking a lot about,” he said. “I think it’s one of those things that he certainly worked through it, but we focus on how he looks in practice, how he looks in the games, and he’s done a nice job.”
Really Kevin!!!!????-fooled me for sure, especially the 4 ints in one game.
Lamar Jackass still threw the same amount of interceptions... HEALTHY!
Jackson
Pct Yds TD Int Sck QBR 64.4 2,882 16 13 38 94.5 Mayfield
3,010Passing yards17Passing touchdowns13Interceptions -
Stefanski was asked later how the injury and harness will affect his evaluation of Mayfield’s season.
“I don’t want to characterize it as a footnote like you said, but it’s not something that I’m thinking a lot about,” he said. “I think it’s one of those things that he certainly worked through it, but we focus on how he looks in practice, how he looks in the games, and he’s done a nice job.”
Really Kevin!!!!????-fooled me for sure, especially the 4 ints in one game.
Lamar Jackass still threw the same amount of interceptions... HEALTHY!
Jackson
Pct Yds TD Int Sck QBR 64.4 2,882 16 13 38 94.5 Mayfield
3,010Passing yards17Passing touchdowns13InterceptionsLamar Jackass still threw the same amount of interceptions... HEALTHY!
Jackson
Pct Yds TD Int Sck QBR 64.4 2,882 16 13 38 94.5 Mayfield
3,010Passing yards17Passing touchdowns13InterceptionsA classic Baker apologist post, cherry picking some random stat from another QB to justify Baker's shittyness.
Here's some real, actual data comparing all starting QB's in 2021. The key stat is not how many interceptions, but how many interceptions per attempt. You'll note Baker was 4th worst in interceptions per attempt in the entire NFL. The only QB's worse were Justin Fields, Mike Glennon, and Zach Wilson - two rookies and a 3rd string QB thrust into the starting role due to injuries - all on terrible teams. No matter how you spin it, Baker was complete dog shit this year.
NAME SEASON TM GP INT ATT INTERCEPTIONS PER ATTEMPT Justin Fields Justin Fields 2021 CHICHI 12 159 13.25 Mike Glennon Mike Glennon 2021 NYGNYG 6 90 15 Zach Wilson Zach Wilson 2021 NYJNYJ 13 213 16.38461538 Baker Mayfield Baker Mayfield 2021 CLECLE 14 253 18.07142857 Andy Dalton Andy Dalton 2021 CHICHI 8 149 18.625 Taylor Heinicke Taylor Heinicke 2021 WASWAS 16 321 20.0625 Jimmy Garoppolo Jimmy Garoppolo 2021 SFSF 15 301 20.06666667 Tua Tagovailoa Tua Tagovailoa 2021 MIAMIA 13 263 20.23076923 Davis Mills Davis Mills 2021 HOUHOU 13 263 20.23076923 Sam Darnold Sam Darnold 2021 CARCAR 12 243 20.25 Lamar Jackson Lamar Jackson 2021 BALBAL 12 246 20.5 Mac Jones Mac Jones 2021 NENE 17 352 20.70588235 Ryan Tannehill Ryan Tannehill 2021 TENTEN 17 357 21 Trevor Lawrence Trevor Lawrence 2021 JAXJAX 17 359 21.11764706 Matt Ryan Matt Ryan 2021 ATLATL 17 375 22.05882353 Joe Burrow Joe Burrow 2021 CINCIN 16 366 22.875 Matthew Stafford Matthew Stafford 2021 LARLAR 17 404 23.76470588 Kyler Murray Kyler Murray 2021 ARIARI 14 333 23.78571429 Josh Allen Josh Allen 2021 BUFBUF 17 409 24.05882353 Ben Roethlisberger Ben Roethlisberger 2021 PITPIT 16 390 24.375 Derek Carr Derek Carr 2021 LVLV 17 428 25.17647059 Dak Prescott Dak Prescott 2021 DALDAL 16 410 25.625 Patrick Mahomes Patrick Mahomes 2021 KCKC 17 436 25.64705882 Justin Herbert Justin Herbert 2021 LACLAC 17 443 26.05882353 Tom Brady Tom Brady 2021 TBTB 17 485 28.52941176
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login