Skip to content

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

The Browns Board
1.3k 59 47.6k 1
  • @crstphr2 said:

    It is important to let this play out.

    Things to note:

    The owners are not subject to the CBA which this falls under.

    The gambler is not subject to the Personal Conduct Policy which this falls under.

    The PED user is not subject to the Personal Conduct Policy which this falls under.

    The ball deflator is not subject to the Person Conduct Policy which this falls under.

    All those comparisons are not applicable in this instance.

    However, all of those comparisons are applicable in the court of public opinion.

    The MOST notable legitimate comparisons are Big Ben (1 accusation - 6 games) and Zeke Elliot (1 accusation - 6 games)

    Sue Robinson's quote "Egregious misconduct"

    I think this will be upped by 2-6 games and he will be fined and he will be required to attend counseling (which he should do regardless).

    The NFL won't want to look weak, but will not want this drawn out all season again.  So they won't go for the full season, but they will increase it. But not by so much as to draw appeals from the NFLPA.

    8-12 games.

    IMHO

    No fkg way.

    C crstphr2 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    No fkg way.

    Looks like you are right,  probably going to do the whole season at this point.

  • C crstphr2 wrote on last edited by

    I think many people are missing that this is all Watson's fault, not the NFL's.

  • I think many people are missing that this is all Watson's fault, not the NFL's.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by Canton Dawg

    @crstphr2 said:

    I think many people are missing that this is all Watson's fault, not the NFL's.

    I lay some of the blame on Jimmah & Andrew.

    They said that they fully investigated DW, which turns out to be ?.

  • @crstphr2 said:

    I think many people are missing that this is all Watson's fault, not the NFL's.

    I lay some of the blame on Jimmah & Andrew.

    They said that they fully investigated DW, which turns out to be ?.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    I lay some of the blame on Jimmah & Andrew.

    They said that they fully investigated DW, which turns out to be ?.

    TRUE !    When you are going to give a king's ransom to take on a guy and everything  that goes with it you better not be 80% or 90% sure you better be absolutely positively 100%  sure  you know what you are doing.

    So far the Dufuis Twins have failed miserably......regardless of how good a QB. DW will be.  They failed miserably on the character part of this test.  Laughing stocks of the NFL,  thanks !     

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I lay some of the blame on Jimmah & Andrew.

    They said that they fully investigated DW, which turns out to be ?.

    TRUE !    When you are going to give a king's ransom to take on a guy and everything  that goes with it you better not be 80% or 90% sure you better be absolutely positively 100%  sure  you know what you are doing.

    So far the Dufuis Twins have failed miserably......regardless of how good a QB. DW will be.  They failed miserably on the character part of this test.  Laughing stocks of the NFL,  thanks !     

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    TRUE !    When you are going to give a king's ransom to take on a guy and everything  that goes with it you better not be 80% or 90% sure you better be absolutely positively 100%  sure  you know what you are doing.

    So far the Dufuis Twins have failed miserably......regardless of how good a QB. DW will be.  They failed miserably on the character part of this test.  Laughing stocks of the NFL,  thanks !     

    just absolutely true.

  • VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by

    Browns' Deshaun Watson 'truly sorry to all of the women I have impacted'

    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/browns-deshaun-watson-truly-sorry-all-women-ive-impacted

  • Browns' Deshaun Watson 'truly sorry to all of the women I have impacted'

    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/browns-deshaun-watson-truly-sorry-all-women-ive-impacted

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @vambo said:

    Browns' Deshaun Watson 'truly sorry to all of the women I have impacted'

    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/browns-deshaun-watson-truly-sorry-all-women-ive-impacted

    "Watson completed just one of his five passes for seven yards Friday in what was his first NFL action since the 2020 season."

    wowzer, that has to make watson groupies choke a bit.giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

  • @vambo said:

    Browns' Deshaun Watson 'truly sorry to all of the women I have impacted'

    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/browns-deshaun-watson-truly-sorry-all-women-ive-impacted

    "Watson completed just one of his five passes for seven yards Friday in what was his first NFL action since the 2020 season."

    wowzer, that has to make watson groupies choke a bit.giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    "Watson completed just one of his five passes for seven yards Friday in what was his first NFL action since the 2020 season."

    wowzer, that has to make watson groupies choke a bit.giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

    Don't you have a Carolina Board to throw up on somewhere?

  • Browns' Deshaun Watson 'truly sorry to all of the women I have impacted'

    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/browns-deshaun-watson-truly-sorry-all-women-ive-impacted

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @vambo said:

    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/browns-deshaun-watson-truly-sorry-all-women-ive-impacted

    @calfoxwc said:

    "Watson completed just one of his five passes for seven yards Friday in what was his first NFL action since the 2020 season."

    I've been saying this for years ?

    For the love of anything football...

    Don't chose to link nor listen to anything Fox News has to say in the sporting world..

    They have chosen to add no sports talent on staff to do so ...

    Besides 5 Pro Bowlers not playing..

    How many of Watson's 5 passes were either dropped or on his target? should take all of 15 mins of FF review

    I'm still waiting on that media genius..

  • @vambo said:

    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/browns-deshaun-watson-truly-sorry-all-women-ive-impacted

    @calfoxwc said:

    "Watson completed just one of his five passes for seven yards Friday in what was his first NFL action since the 2020 season."

    I've been saying this for years ?

    For the love of anything football...

    Don't chose to link nor listen to anything Fox News has to say in the sporting world..

    They have chosen to add no sports talent on staff to do so ...

    Besides 5 Pro Bowlers not playing..

    How many of Watson's 5 passes were either dropped or on his target? should take all of 15 mins of FF review

    I'm still waiting on that media genius..

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc

    @gumby73 said:

    I've been saying this for years ?

    For the love of anything football...

    Don't chose to link nor listen to anything Fox News has to say in the sporting world..

    They have chosen to add no sports talent on staff to do so ...

    Besides 5 Pro Bowlers not playing..

    How many of Watson's 5 passes were either dropped or on his target? should take all of 15 mins of FF review

    I'm still waiting on that media genius..

    LOL. Yeah, I wondered about that - I didn't watch it.

    But I posted it anyways, because of all  the times I got bitched at for saying Baker's struggles weren't all his fault.

       Being consistent about it would be good for some people. It doesn't make sense to refuse to look at various reasons Baker struggled last season, and give all sorts of reasons watson might struggle.

       I just don't care about watson. Now he is apologizing to all the women, that he said earlier he never did anything...

    never mind. It's the fo and the haslams that have jumped into the sewer and all the conroversy. We went to a garage sale yesterday, and this guy was selling his browns hats and a jacket. Yep, he's that disgusted with the Browns - he just can't believe the low they stooped to.

       Yes, Baker has had wr's drop passes too - but it was "all Baker's fault" ???

       nah. I'd blame the pass-catchers with both qb's, to be honest.

      I'll just make this point - Baker is rocking with success so far in practices - the PANTHER wr's CATCH the ball. "Can you hear me now" ?

  • Browns' Deshaun Watson 'truly sorry to all of the women I have impacted'

    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/browns-deshaun-watson-truly-sorry-all-women-ive-impacted

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @vambo said:

    Browns' Deshaun Watson 'truly sorry to all of the women I have impacted'

    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/browns-deshaun-watson-truly-sorry-all-women-ive-impacted

    He should be sorry for the shit show he put on last night... He looks awful!

  • @vambo said:

    https://www.foxnews.com/sports/browns-deshaun-watson-truly-sorry-all-women-ive-impacted

    @calfoxwc said:

    "Watson completed just one of his five passes for seven yards Friday in what was his first NFL action since the 2020 season."

    I've been saying this for years ?

    For the love of anything football...

    Don't chose to link nor listen to anything Fox News has to say in the sporting world..

    They have chosen to add no sports talent on staff to do so ...

    Besides 5 Pro Bowlers not playing..

    How many of Watson's 5 passes were either dropped or on his target? should take all of 15 mins of FF review

    I'm still waiting on that media genius..

    VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    I've been saying this for years ?

    For the love of anything football...

    Don't chose to link nor listen to anything Fox News has to say in the sporting world..

    They have chosen to add no sports talent on staff to do so ...

    Besides 5 Pro Bowlers not playing..

    How many of Watson's 5 passes were either dropped or on his target? should take all of 15 mins of FF review

    I'm still waiting on that media genius..

    Cleveland Browns' Deshaun Watson, in interview, apologizes to 'all of the women that I have impacted in this situation'

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34390654/cleveland-browns-deshaun-watson-interview-apologizes-all-women-impacted-situation

    Watson had an uneventful debut, completing just 1 of 5 passes for 7 yards in three series before being replaced in Cleveland's 24-13 win.

  • @gumby73 said:

    I've been saying this for years ?

    For the love of anything football...

    Don't chose to link nor listen to anything Fox News has to say in the sporting world..

    They have chosen to add no sports talent on staff to do so ...

    Besides 5 Pro Bowlers not playing..

    How many of Watson's 5 passes were either dropped or on his target? should take all of 15 mins of FF review

    I'm still waiting on that media genius..

    Cleveland Browns' Deshaun Watson, in interview, apologizes to 'all of the women that I have impacted in this situation'

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34390654/cleveland-browns-deshaun-watson-interview-apologizes-all-women-impacted-situation

    Watson had an uneventful debut, completing just 1 of 5 passes for 7 yards in three series before being replaced in Cleveland's 24-13 win.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @vambo said:

    Cleveland Browns' Deshaun Watson, in interview, apologizes to 'all of the women that I have impacted in this situation'

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34390654/cleveland-browns-deshaun-watson-interview-apologizes-all-women-impacted-situation

    Watson had an uneventful debut, completing just 1 of 5 passes for 7 yards in three series before being replaced in Cleveland's 24-13 win.

    A little too late now isnt it?

  • @vambo said:

    Cleveland Browns' Deshaun Watson, in interview, apologizes to 'all of the women that I have impacted in this situation'

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34390654/cleveland-browns-deshaun-watson-interview-apologizes-all-women-impacted-situation

    Watson had an uneventful debut, completing just 1 of 5 passes for 7 yards in three series before being replaced in Cleveland's 24-13 win.

    A little too late now isnt it?

    VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    A little too late now isnt it?

    Better late than never! 😉

  • @vambo said:

    Cleveland Browns' Deshaun Watson, in interview, apologizes to 'all of the women that I have impacted in this situation'

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34390654/cleveland-browns-deshaun-watson-interview-apologizes-all-women-impacted-situation

    Watson had an uneventful debut, completing just 1 of 5 passes for 7 yards in three series before being replaced in Cleveland's 24-13 win.

    A little too late now isnt it?

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    A little too late now isnt it?

    apparently:

    uSTADIUM@uSTADIUM
    #Jaguars fans welcome Deshaun back with “you sick fuck” chants.
  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    I think they are trying to figure out some way to weasel out of giving him a full year, no idea why I'm getting that vibe but part of it is the fake apology. Did anybody buy that? Again 8 or 12 games is actually worse for the Cleveland browns. With a full season they will have to look for a starting quality quarterback whether that's Jimmy Garoppolo or somebody else. Go piecemeal Miss the playoffs then the wheels start coming off.

    Even if they stayed at 6:00 it won't be long before people forget about it.

    WSS

  • I think they are trying to figure out some way to weasel out of giving him a full year, no idea why I'm getting that vibe but part of it is the fake apology. Did anybody buy that? Again 8 or 12 games is actually worse for the Cleveland browns. With a full season they will have to look for a starting quality quarterback whether that's Jimmy Garoppolo or somebody else. Go piecemeal Miss the playoffs then the wheels start coming off.

    Even if they stayed at 6:00 it won't be long before people forget about it.

    WSS

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    I think they are trying to figure out some way to weasel out of giving him a full year, no idea why I'm getting that vibe but part of it is the fake apology. Did anybody buy that? Again 8 or 12 games is actually worse for the Cleveland browns. With a full season they will have to look for a starting quality quarterback whether that's Jimmy Garoppolo or somebody else. Go piecemeal Miss the playoffs then the wheels start coming off.

    Even if they stayed at 6:00 it won't be long before people forget about it.

    WSS

    Yeah, that fake apology didn’t pass the smell test.

    Something is brewing.

  • @westside-steve said:

    I think they are trying to figure out some way to weasel out of giving him a full year, no idea why I'm getting that vibe but part of it is the fake apology. Did anybody buy that? Again 8 or 12 games is actually worse for the Cleveland browns. With a full season they will have to look for a starting quality quarterback whether that's Jimmy Garoppolo or somebody else. Go piecemeal Miss the playoffs then the wheels start coming off.

    Even if they stayed at 6:00 it won't be long before people forget about it.

    WSS

    Yeah, that fake apology didn’t pass the smell test.

    Something is brewing.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    Yeah, that fake apology didn’t pass the smell test.

    Something is brewing.

    I hate to be Captain Obvious, but care to bet that fake apology was probably part of the deal for Watson not getting the entire year... 

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Yeah, that fake apology didn’t pass the smell test.

    Something is brewing.

    I hate to be Captain Obvious, but care to bet that fake apology was probably part of the deal for Watson not getting the entire year... 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    I hate to be Captain Obvious, but care to bet that fake apology was probably part of the deal for Watson not getting the entire year... 

    The basic end result Lar... Follow the damn money!!.. It's basically what it will all boil down to.... They didn't push that scandi knife quite deep enough yet...

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Yeah, that fake apology didn’t pass the smell test.

    Something is brewing.

    I hate to be Captain Obvious, but care to bet that fake apology was probably part of the deal for Watson not getting the entire year... 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    I hate to be Captain Obvious, but care to bet that fake apology was probably part of the deal for Watson not getting the entire year... 

    Not that obvious to me. I still think a 1 year plus hefty fine is coming. I'm going from past commish behavior here.?