Skip to content

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

The Browns Board
1.3k 59 47.6k 1
  • Ya know... I get this ugly feeling Watson is gonna end up like OBJ here and simply "not fit". He looked totally uncomfortable and out of place in his appearance the other night... He even looked disinterested in what was going on... I think his mind is every place else but on Football right now.. This is gonna end ugly... I'm just feeling it.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone

    @nickers said:

    Ya know... I get this ugly feeling Watson is gonna end up like OBJ here and simply "not fit". He looked totally uncomfortable and out of place in his appearance the other night... He even looked disinterested in what was going on... I think his mind is every place else but on Football right now.. This is gonna end ugly... I'm just feeling it.

    So I finally watched the game tonight and I couldn't agree more. Watson looked like he wanted to be anywhere else in the universe but that field. His eyes looked glazed and he was emotional less. 

    Now, I'll be the first to admit that I have not paid much attention to Watson and the only games I've watched him in were against the Browns, with maybe 2 or 3 others that I watched as a casual fan and maybe that's his normal look, but man, dude looked fireless. 

    ....... are you ready for some football? 

  • @westside-steve said:

    Not only women but some guys who are a little bit patriarchal about women.

    Hopefully that's all of us.  

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    @orion said:

    Hopefully that's all of us.  

    Well of course. On the other hand I suspect that at least some possibly even most of these accusers are at the very least embellishing the story in order to get a cash payout. In the big picture false accusations are at least as egregious as anything Watson was accused of. And a disservice to the ones whose accusations were valid.

    WSS

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    So, now...Harvey doesn't want to make a ruling.  He wants to see if the two sides can work it out for themselves.  And if, after an undetermined amount of time goes by with no settlement, then he'll finally have to do his job as an NFL contractor.  

  • So, now...Harvey doesn't want to make a ruling.  He wants to see if the two sides can work it out for themselves.  And if, after an undetermined amount of time goes by with no settlement, then he'll finally have to do his job as an NFL contractor.  

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    So, now...Harvey doesn't want to make a ruling.  He wants to see if the two sides can work it out for themselves.  And if, after an undetermined amount of time goes by with no settlement, then he'll finally have to do his job as an NFL contractor.  

    In other words... more waste of time...

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    Supposedly Watson said he would accept 8 games.  But that's not good enough for the league.  

    I say, if it's more than 6 games then give the league the middle finger and take 'em to court.  As it is, 6 games is probably enough to put the season in the dumpster but there might be some slim chance at a playoff run.  Any more than that and the season is trash anyway.  I mean, we're not talking about a RB or a WR.  We're talking about the most important position on a team.   Now, I understand that whether it's a RB, WR, or QB, doesn't mean that punishment should be different between them.....but they're jerking the team around when it affects the most important cog in the machine.

  • @nickers said:

    Ya know... I get this ugly feeling Watson is gonna end up like OBJ here and simply "not fit". He looked totally uncomfortable and out of place in his appearance the other night... He even looked disinterested in what was going on... I think his mind is every place else but on Football right now.. This is gonna end ugly... I'm just feeling it.

    So I finally watched the game tonight and I couldn't agree more. Watson looked like he wanted to be anywhere else in the universe but that field. His eyes looked glazed and he was emotional less. 

    Now, I'll be the first to admit that I have not paid much attention to Watson and the only games I've watched him in were against the Browns, with maybe 2 or 3 others that I watched as a casual fan and maybe that's his normal look, but man, dude looked fireless. 

    ....... are you ready for some football? 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    So I finally watched the game tonight and I couldn't agree more. Watson looked like he wanted to be anywhere else in the universe but that field. His eyes looked glazed and he was emotional less. 

    Now, I'll be the first to admit that I have not paid much attention to Watson and the only games I've watched him in were against the Browns, with maybe 2 or 3 others that I watched as a casual fan and maybe that's his normal look, but man, dude looked fireless. 

    ....... are you ready for some football? 

    Phil Sims.. "D.Watson looked 10 lbs. heavier" .. 

    I didn't really notice until, some side line views came out in the all 22 of the game..

  • Supposedly Watson said he would accept 8 games.  But that's not good enough for the league.  

    I say, if it's more than 6 games then give the league the middle finger and take 'em to court.  As it is, 6 games is probably enough to put the season in the dumpster but there might be some slim chance at a playoff run.  Any more than that and the season is trash anyway.  I mean, we're not talking about a RB or a WR.  We're talking about the most important position on a team.   Now, I understand that whether it's a RB, WR, or QB, doesn't mean that punishment should be different between them.....but they're jerking the team around when it affects the most important cog in the machine.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    Supposedly Watson said he would accept 8 games.  But that's not good enough for the league.  

    I'm sure he would. 

    But I'd be shocked if the NFL went through all this just to tack on 2 games.

  • @d-bone said:

    So I finally watched the game tonight and I couldn't agree more. Watson looked like he wanted to be anywhere else in the universe but that field. His eyes looked glazed and he was emotional less. 

    Now, I'll be the first to admit that I have not paid much attention to Watson and the only games I've watched him in were against the Browns, with maybe 2 or 3 others that I watched as a casual fan and maybe that's his normal look, but man, dude looked fireless. 

    ....... are you ready for some football? 

    Phil Sims.. "D.Watson looked 10 lbs. heavier" .. 

    I didn't really notice until, some side line views came out in the all 22 of the game..

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone

    @gumby73 said:

    Phil Sims.. "D.Watson looked 10 lbs. heavier" .. 

    I didn't really notice until, some side line views came out in the all 22 of the game..

    I'm with you. I was more focused on his demeanor than his appearance, but looking at some video after watching the Simszezz interview I see it. 

    I'm guessing there was a Mickey Ds near the massage parlor, er, massage therapy office. 

  • @gumby73 said:

    Phil Sims.. "D.Watson looked 10 lbs. heavier" .. 

    I didn't really notice until, some side line views came out in the all 22 of the game..

    I'm with you. I was more focused on his demeanor than his appearance, but looking at some video after watching the Simszezz interview I see it. 

    I'm guessing there was a Mickey Ds near the massage parlor, er, massage therapy office. 

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    I'm with you. I was more focused on his demeanor than his appearance, but looking at some video after watching the Simszezz interview I see it. 

    I'm guessing there was a Mickey Ds near the massage parlor, er, massage therapy office. 

    No Mickey Ds…he was at Happy Ending Burger!

    158F389C-6C03-487F-8E65-07A1B12085B1.jpeg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Has Mr DW figured it out yet that he doesn't need to put up with all of this hassle ?   

    The Cleveland Browns have guaranteed his future of being a rich player no matter what he does or how he performs or even whether he's in shape or not.  

    He hasn't played in forever and is facing even more real NFL hitting and action to be lost.  This in a game where not being 100% sharp is so crucial. 

    Bottom line the BROWNS  are screwed.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Phil Sims.. "D.Watson looked 10 lbs. heavier" .. 

    I didn't really notice until, some side line views came out in the all 22 of the game..

    I'm with you. I was more focused on his demeanor than his appearance, but looking at some video after watching the Simszezz interview I see it. 

    I'm guessing there was a Mickey Ds near the massage parlor, er, massage therapy office. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @d-bone said:

    I'm with you. I was more focused on his demeanor than his appearance, but looking at some video after watching the Simszezz interview I see it. 

    I'm guessing there was a Mickey Ds near the massage parlor, er, massage therapy office.  ?

    I've always enjoyed Phil Sims as a opinion-tive straight shooter..(unbias on many players)  Bill Parcell's coaching/tude has taught him well in his next job career... Sure he's got haters (players included) But when I look for QB opinions? He's not been short on his words or opinions... I hope he's right on Brissett..?(high praise from Phil in video) former Colts coach Chuck Pagano has spoken highly of Jacoby Brissett also..Brissett replaced Peyton Manning.. Knew not a play when he was acquired..  

    Might explain the many Watson Hoodie looks at Camp? 

    ok, that's enough piling on penalties 

  • Congratulations Roger, you managed to make a system look more foolish than Congress.

    Take a bow douchebag.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    Congratulations Roger, you managed to make a system look more foolish than Congress.

    Take a bow douchebag.

    ?

    Months...

    And Somehow were right back to where this whole ?show started.. "Let's talk"? AGAIN!

    Call it Harvey !

  • @canton-dawg said:

    Congratulations Roger, you managed to make a system look more foolish than Congress.

    Take a bow douchebag.

    ?

    Months...

    And Somehow were right back to where this whole ?show started.. "Let's talk"? AGAIN!

    Call it Harvey !

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    ?

    Months...

    And Somehow were right back to where this whole ?show started.. "Let's talk"? AGAIN!

    Call it Harvey !

    The Browns traded for Watson five months ago today.

    It's been a smooth ride, hasn't it? 

  • @gumby73 said:

    ?

    Months...

    And Somehow were right back to where this whole ?show started.. "Let's talk"? AGAIN!

    Call it Harvey !

    The Browns traded for Watson five months ago today.

    It's been a smooth ride, hasn't it? 

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    The Browns traded for Watson five months ago today.

    It's been a smooth ride, hasn't it? 

    I wonder if Jimmah is having buyer’s remorse?

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    Being reported on Fox 8 Cleveland.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    11? Odd choice 

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by

    Game 12 @ Houston. 

    I thought the NFL wanted to avoid that scenario.

    Still waiting for the Texans to be stripped of those 3 #1s.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    Open SmartNews and read "Deshaun Watson suspended 11 games, fined $5 million after settling personal conduct case with NFL" here: https://share.smartnews.com/aKNDz
    To read it on the web, tap here: https://share.smartnews.com/D3L8D

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    I was hoping for 48 games, maybe only 18.....but that wouldn't have seemed fair. lol

    the three first round picks will surely never come back.

    but, maybe........................                                             

  • 11? Odd choice 

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    11? Odd choice 

    Heard a lot of conflicting information, but the prevailing thought is 11 was chosen so Watson can play 6 games thus accruing a season on his contract. Longer term, it means he can roll into the actual meat of his contract next year without any financial repercussions.