Skip to content

Watson Suspended for 11 Games and Fined $5 Million / and a bit OT and back.

The Browns Board
1.3k 59 47.6k 1
  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    And frankly most likely nothing happened that I would find should be illegal. But that goes for a lot of celebrities who have lost their entire livelihood. C'est la vie, sign of the times? It's really an image problem. But just for fun there's a guy I know that was drunk and took a piss in somebody's yard in Highland square. Police busted him and he was charged with indecent exposure. Had to be listed as a sexual predator.

    WSS

  • And frankly most likely nothing happened that I would find should be illegal. But that goes for a lot of celebrities who have lost their entire livelihood. C'est la vie, sign of the times? It's really an image problem. But just for fun there's a guy I know that was drunk and took a piss in somebody's yard in Highland square. Police busted him and he was charged with indecent exposure. Had to be listed as a sexual predator.

    WSS

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    And frankly most likely nothing happened that I would find should be illegal. But that goes for a lot of celebrities who have lost their entire livelihood. C'est la vie, sign of the times? It's really an image problem. But just for fun there's a guy I know that was drunk and took a piss in somebody's yard in Highland square. Police busted him and he was charged with indecent exposure. Had to be listed as a sexual predator.

    WSS

    The more you talk about this whole situation, the more I'm convinced the only reason you are upset about it is that Baker Mayfield is no longer the starting QB of the Browns. 

    That's literally it. 

  • BrownsnMoparB BrownsnMopar wrote on last edited by

    This is what I have been saying since day one! Yes adult things happened....but nothing Illegally wrong! INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY! 

    GO BROWNS!!!

  • @westside-steve said:

    And frankly most likely nothing happened that I would find should be illegal. But that goes for a lot of celebrities who have lost their entire livelihood. C'est la vie, sign of the times? It's really an image problem. But just for fun there's a guy I know that was drunk and took a piss in somebody's yard in Highland square. Police busted him and he was charged with indecent exposure. Had to be listed as a sexual predator.

    WSS

    The more you talk about this whole situation, the more I'm convinced the only reason you are upset about it is that Baker Mayfield is no longer the starting QB of the Browns. 

    That's literally it. 

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    The more you talk about this whole situation, the more I'm convinced the only reason you are upset about it is that Baker Mayfield is no longer the starting QB of the Browns. 

    That's literally it. 

    That's a good part of it I haven't been dishonest or unclear have i? Is that some kind of a gotcha? Well it's not. I've stated my opinions on whether or not Baker can play to a high level in the right situation I've stated my opinion that I think the deal was ridiculous I've pointed out some of the hypocrisies that the haters have spewed I pointed out that there was a lot wrong with the team last year. I think that a healthy Mayfield with the team in good health and poised for victory could have been successful without costing what it cost and without leaving an ugly stink over my Cleveland Browns.

    (and I probably would not have been as adamant had they dealt for Wilson or Rogers or somebody that wasn't quite the lying punk that Watson is) especially because if, in your opinion, they are ready to win now any of those quarterbacks would have been able to do the job without fear of suspension.

    WSS

  • @dutch-oven said:

    The more you talk about this whole situation, the more I'm convinced the only reason you are upset about it is that Baker Mayfield is no longer the starting QB of the Browns. 

    That's literally it. 

    That's a good part of it I haven't been dishonest or unclear have i? Is that some kind of a gotcha? Well it's not. I've stated my opinions on whether or not Baker can play to a high level in the right situation I've stated my opinion that I think the deal was ridiculous I've pointed out some of the hypocrisies that the haters have spewed I pointed out that there was a lot wrong with the team last year. I think that a healthy Mayfield with the team in good health and poised for victory could have been successful without costing what it cost and without leaving an ugly stink over my Cleveland Browns.

    (and I probably would not have been as adamant had they dealt for Wilson or Rogers or somebody that wasn't quite the lying punk that Watson is) especially because if, in your opinion, they are ready to win now any of those quarterbacks would have been able to do the job without fear of suspension.

    WSS

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @westside-steve said:

    That's a good part of it I haven't been dishonest or unclear have i? Is that some kind of a gotcha? Well it's not. I've stated my opinions on whether or not Baker can play to a high level in the right situation I've stated my opinion that I think the deal was ridiculous I've pointed out some of the hypocrisies that the haters have spewed I pointed out that there was a lot wrong with the team last year. I think that a healthy Mayfield with the team in good health and poised for victory could have been successful without costing what it cost and without leaving an ugly stink over my Cleveland Browns.  .......is there an ugly stink ?  How about a stench over half of Lake Erie and NE Ohio ?

    (and I probably would not have been as adamant had they dealt for Wilson or Rogers or somebody that wasn't quite the lying punk that Watson is) especially because if, in your opinion, they are ready to win now any of those quarterbacks would have been able to do the job without fear of suspension.

    WSS

    I wonder if the BROWNS had any realistic shot at either Wilson or Rodgers  ?   Even for  "DW Money"  the new standard for big smelly deals.  😮

  • @westside-steve said:

    That's a good part of it I haven't been dishonest or unclear have i? Is that some kind of a gotcha? Well it's not. I've stated my opinions on whether or not Baker can play to a high level in the right situation I've stated my opinion that I think the deal was ridiculous I've pointed out some of the hypocrisies that the haters have spewed I pointed out that there was a lot wrong with the team last year. I think that a healthy Mayfield with the team in good health and poised for victory could have been successful without costing what it cost and without leaving an ugly stink over my Cleveland Browns.  .......is there an ugly stink ?  How about a stench over half of Lake Erie and NE Ohio ?

    (and I probably would not have been as adamant had they dealt for Wilson or Rogers or somebody that wasn't quite the lying punk that Watson is) especially because if, in your opinion, they are ready to win now any of those quarterbacks would have been able to do the job without fear of suspension.

    WSS

    I wonder if the BROWNS had any realistic shot at either Wilson or Rodgers  ?   Even for  "DW Money"  the new standard for big smelly deals.  😮

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    I wonder if the BROWNS had any realistic shot at either Wilson or Rodgers  ?   Even for  "DW Money"  the new standard for big smelly deals.  😮

    Not getting the point of your bolded statement.

    WSS

  • @westside-steve said:

    That's a good part of it I haven't been dishonest or unclear have i? Is that some kind of a gotcha? Well it's not. I've stated my opinions on whether or not Baker can play to a high level in the right situation I've stated my opinion that I think the deal was ridiculous I've pointed out some of the hypocrisies that the haters have spewed I pointed out that there was a lot wrong with the team last year. I think that a healthy Mayfield with the team in good health and poised for victory could have been successful without costing what it cost and without leaving an ugly stink over my Cleveland Browns.  .......is there an ugly stink ?  How about a stench over half of Lake Erie and NE Ohio ?

    (and I probably would not have been as adamant had they dealt for Wilson or Rogers or somebody that wasn't quite the lying punk that Watson is) especially because if, in your opinion, they are ready to win now any of those quarterbacks would have been able to do the job without fear of suspension.

    WSS

    I wonder if the BROWNS had any realistic shot at either Wilson or Rodgers  ?   Even for  "DW Money"  the new standard for big smelly deals.  😮

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    I wonder if the BROWNS had any realistic shot at either Wilson or Rodgers  ?   Even for  "DW Money"  the new standard for big smelly deals.  😮

    Who knows? Money Talks. And if the bronze were barely a pubic hair away from a Super Bowl just by upgrading the quarterback why wouldn't there be a realistic shot?

    WSS

  • S Silver slayer wrote on last edited by

    Anybody that's ever been to an Asian massage shop know. 

    More dollars is all the ladies are interested in. 

    There's literally nothing see here folks. 

    Those Asian people have very dark ways to doing stuff ? 

    Law enforcement said nothing to see here folks. 

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
  • DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by
  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    What's that code for bypassing pay sites?

  • And frankly most likely nothing happened that I would find should be illegal. But that goes for a lot of celebrities who have lost their entire livelihood. C'est la vie, sign of the times? It's really an image problem. But just for fun there's a guy I know that was drunk and took a piss in somebody's yard in Highland square. Police busted him and he was charged with indecent exposure. Had to be listed as a sexual predator.

    WSS

    L laiccm wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    And frankly most likely nothing happened that I would find should be illegal. But that goes for a lot of celebrities who have lost their entire livelihood. C'est la vie, sign of the times? It's really an image problem. But just for fun there's a guy I know that was drunk and took a piss in somebody's yard in Highland square. Police busted him and he was charged with indecent exposure. Had to be listed as a sexual predator.

    WSS

    wow....that's super crazy

  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    JosinaAnderson@JosinaAnderson
    Post-hearing briefs are due "soon" this week in the Deshaun Watson proceeding. This morning, a league source said this on the timeline for a result.
    "We're still looking at a few weeks before we get a decision. It may or may not be before camp. Sue Robinson will take her time."
  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by Axe

    I could've sworn that while having lunch with the Mrs today in a local eatery that I saw a crawler on the four letter network saying the disciplinary decision could come down as early as tomorrow but no later than the start of training camp. And that regardless of the decision, Watson could participate in camp and preseason games.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    i still think it will be a couple of weeks 

  • DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by

    I'm hoping for no suspension.  It's all bullshit.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    Well after all the Sound and Fury it's going to be what it is. No point losing sleep over Baker. I'm guessing six games slap on the wrist for Watson? If that's the case Roethlisberger Hunt Etc should be furious. 

    But die-hard as long as we are hoping I hope he gets an indefinite suspension that eventually goes to Miami or Atlanta we rescind the deal the Houston Texans have to give back the draft picks and accept a censure Jimmy Haslam is forced to sell the team to Cleveland interests and the Browns go to the Super Bowl behind Jimmy Garoppolo.

    ???

    WSS

  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    Charles Robinson@CharlesRobinson
    A source in the middle of this arbitration expects Sue Robinson to take “at least a week” to go over the briefs and write out her judgement. The expectation is that her ruling will be detailed. So this tracks pretty decently. Nobody involved seems to think it’s coming this week.
    ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalkWith the Deshaun Watson briefs being submitted to Judge Robinson today, our best guess (and it's just a guess) for a decision is the week of July 25.
  • Well after all the Sound and Fury it's going to be what it is. No point losing sleep over Baker. I'm guessing six games slap on the wrist for Watson? If that's the case Roethlisberger Hunt Etc should be furious. 

    But die-hard as long as we are hoping I hope he gets an indefinite suspension that eventually goes to Miami or Atlanta we rescind the deal the Houston Texans have to give back the draft picks and accept a censure Jimmy Haslam is forced to sell the team to Cleveland interests and the Browns go to the Super Bowl behind Jimmy Garoppolo.

    ???

    WSS

    DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by DieHardBrownsFan1

    @westside-steve said:

    Well after all the Sound and Fury it's going to be what it is. No point losing sleep over Baker. I'm guessing six games slap on the wrist for Watson? If that's the case Roethlisberger Hunt Etc should be furious. 

    But die-hard as long as we are hoping I hope he gets an indefinite suspension that eventually goes to Miami or Atlanta we rescind the deal the Houston Texans have to give back the draft picks and accept a censure Jimmy Haslam is forced to sell the team to Cleveland interests and the Browns go to the Super Bowl behind Jimmy Garoppolo.

    ???

    WSS

    Nah.  I hope he gets nothing and takes us to a superbowl.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Well after all the Sound and Fury it's going to be what it is. No point losing sleep over Baker. I'm guessing six games slap on the wrist for Watson? If that's the case Roethlisberger Hunt Etc should be furious. 

    But die-hard as long as we are hoping I hope he gets an indefinite suspension that eventually goes to Miami or Atlanta we rescind the deal the Houston Texans have to give back the draft picks and accept a censure Jimmy Haslam is forced to sell the team to Cleveland interests and the Browns go to the Super Bowl behind Jimmy Garoppolo.

    ???

    WSS

    Nah.  I hope he gets nothing and takes us to a superbowl.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Nah.  I hope he gets nothing and takes us to a superbowl.

    I hope they hammer him hard and he never sets foot on the field... Hes a chump!