2023 Browns NFL Draft Prospects
-
We'll be on and taking a long look between 2021 and 2022 at Texas IDL Keondre Coburn, should anyone wish to follow along on The Browns Board discord channel.
-
Kinda wish Berry would quit his age guardrails way of thinking, when it comes down to deciding on a few draft players.. here's the latest update.. Pre-Combine (Thanks Jack Duffy)
Green - Ideal Fit
Yellow - Okay Fit
Red - Unlikely Fit
Grey - No Age Data Available
I wouldn't even count out trading a multi rounded (4th/5th) Browns pick..to trade for a player with some upside (did with rams to get Troy Hill)
A possible positions chart we may target.. Deaton might be that backup C or G ?
way to early, and
GRANT SR., JAKEEM U/Chi has a accepted a new deal ENJOY your Combine viewing ! ? starts today 3:00 pm
Kinda wish Berry would quit his age guardrails way of thinking, when it comes down to deciding on a few draft players.. here's the latest update.. Pre-Combine (Thanks Jack Duffy)
Green - Ideal Fit
Yellow - Okay Fit
Red - Unlikely Fit
Grey - No Age Data Available
I wouldn't even count out trading a multi rounded (4th/5th) Browns pick..to trade for a player with some upside (did with rams to get Troy Hill)
A possible positions chart we may target.. Deaton might be that backup C or G ?
way to early, and
GRANT SR., JAKEEM U/Chi has a accepted a new deal ENJOY your Combine viewing ! ? starts today 3:00 pm
looks like a deep draft.
Jherzson Newton DT Illinois. Don’t see him on the list he’s worth a look.
Keaton Mitchell or Mo Ibrahim RB I’d snag either if they are there in the 6th.
Rakim Jarrett WR
Edit: Newton is back in School- keep an eye on him on 2024.
-
So could he help the Browns as a 3rd rounder (and yes he has hands out of the backfield or in the slot too)? "He's got world class speed!" And yes it was the turning point in a come from way behind 41-38 win on a FG as time expired.
-
Yahoo Sports - March 1, 2023
Arrest warrant No. 1 NFL potential pick. Jalen Carter
An arrest warrant has been issued for potential No. 1 NFL draft pick Jalen Carter for his alleged role in a January traffic crash that killed a teammate and a recruiting staffer for the University of Georgia.
The Georgia defensive lineman is wanted on a charge of reckless driving and racing by the Athens-Clarke County Police Department after an investigation found that Carter was allegedly street racing with Chandler LeCroy on Jan. 15. Both LeCroy, a Georgia staffer, and Georgia offensive lineman Devin Willock were killed when the Ford Expedition LeCroy was driving left the road at a high rate of speed and hit two telephone poles. Two other occupants of LeCroy’s vehicle were injured.
From the Athens-Clarke County Police:
“The investigation found that Chandler LeCroy, driver of the 2021 Ford Expedition and Jalen Carter, driver of a 2021 Jeep Trackhawk, were operating their vehicles in a manner consistent with racing shortly after leaving the downtown Athens area at about 2:30 a.m. The evidence demonstrated that both vehicles switched between lanes, drove in the center turn lane, drove in opposite lanes of travel, overtook other motorists and drove at high rates of speed in an apparent attempt to outdistance each other. Evidence indicated that shortly before the crash the Expedition was traveling at about 104 miles per hour. The toxicology report indicated that Leroy’s blood alcohol concentration was .197 at the time of the crash. Investigators determined that alcohol impairment, racing, reckless driving and speed were significant contributing factors to the crash.”
-
Watching some all-22 from the Eagles defense against the Pats in the Super bowl. Noticing some themes.
- Similarities in alignment with of the edge players between Woods and Schwartz. The ends get WIDE. 7 and 9 spots then scream off the edge.
- Base Over calls for the most part - 3tech to TE or called strength.
Biggest Differences - LB size and downhill trigger. Then I went back 10 years.
Lions - Stephen Tulloch 6'0, 245lbs.
Bills - Preston Brown 6'1, 250lbs
Eagles - Nigel Bradham (brought over from BUF) 6'2 241lbs
Eagles - Jordan Hicks, 6'1 238lbs.
This man doesn't abide by small, 210lb backers. He wants to invite running between the tackles and then meet your invitation with downhill size and aggressiveness from the LB's. Only starter on the Browns roster that even sniffed 240lbs was Taki. What are the chances he ends up getting the green dot in the off-season? If not, I can see the Browns looking at late(r) round LB's. Although I do see his flexibility with a player like Malcolm Jenkins as a dime backer. I wonder if Young JOK could ever be disciplined enough in coverage to fill that type of roll?
Add LB's to the list of positions this team and the front office will be taking long looks at. Especially consider the starting MIKE backers under Schwartz have all been 3rd round picks or later. (Only one in the top 75)
-
Yahoo Sports - March 1, 2023
Arrest warrant No. 1 NFL potential pick. Jalen Carter
An arrest warrant has been issued for potential No. 1 NFL draft pick Jalen Carter for his alleged role in a January traffic crash that killed a teammate and a recruiting staffer for the University of Georgia.
The Georgia defensive lineman is wanted on a charge of reckless driving and racing by the Athens-Clarke County Police Department after an investigation found that Carter was allegedly street racing with Chandler LeCroy on Jan. 15. Both LeCroy, a Georgia staffer, and Georgia offensive lineman Devin Willock were killed when the Ford Expedition LeCroy was driving left the road at a high rate of speed and hit two telephone poles. Two other occupants of LeCroy’s vehicle were injured.
From the Athens-Clarke County Police:
“The investigation found that Chandler LeCroy, driver of the 2021 Ford Expedition and Jalen Carter, driver of a 2021 Jeep Trackhawk, were operating their vehicles in a manner consistent with racing shortly after leaving the downtown Athens area at about 2:30 a.m. The evidence demonstrated that both vehicles switched between lanes, drove in the center turn lane, drove in opposite lanes of travel, overtook other motorists and drove at high rates of speed in an apparent attempt to outdistance each other. Evidence indicated that shortly before the crash the Expedition was traveling at about 104 miles per hour. The toxicology report indicated that Leroy’s blood alcohol concentration was .197 at the time of the crash. Investigators determined that alcohol impairment, racing, reckless driving and speed were significant contributing factors to the crash.”
Yahoo Sports - March 1, 2023
Arrest warrant No. 1 NFL potential pick. Jalen Carter
An arrest warrant has been issued for potential No. 1 NFL draft pick Jalen Carter for his alleged role in a January traffic crash that killed a teammate and a recruiting staffer for the University of Georgia.
This is one helluva development for the 2023 NFL Draft.
-
Yahoo Sports - March 1, 2023
Arrest warrant No. 1 NFL potential pick. Jalen Carter
An arrest warrant has been issued for potential No. 1 NFL draft pick Jalen Carter for his alleged role in a January traffic crash that killed a teammate and a recruiting staffer for the University of Georgia.
The Georgia defensive lineman is wanted on a charge of reckless driving and racing by the Athens-Clarke County Police Department after an investigation found that Carter was allegedly street racing with Chandler LeCroy on Jan. 15. Both LeCroy, a Georgia staffer, and Georgia offensive lineman Devin Willock were killed when the Ford Expedition LeCroy was driving left the road at a high rate of speed and hit two telephone poles. Two other occupants of LeCroy’s vehicle were injured.
From the Athens-Clarke County Police:
“The investigation found that Chandler LeCroy, driver of the 2021 Ford Expedition and Jalen Carter, driver of a 2021 Jeep Trackhawk, were operating their vehicles in a manner consistent with racing shortly after leaving the downtown Athens area at about 2:30 a.m. The evidence demonstrated that both vehicles switched between lanes, drove in the center turn lane, drove in opposite lanes of travel, overtook other motorists and drove at high rates of speed in an apparent attempt to outdistance each other. Evidence indicated that shortly before the crash the Expedition was traveling at about 104 miles per hour. The toxicology report indicated that Leroy’s blood alcohol concentration was .197 at the time of the crash. Investigators determined that alcohol impairment, racing, reckless driving and speed were significant contributing factors to the crash.”
Yahoo Sports - March 1, 2023
Arrest warrant No. 1 NFL potential pick. Jalen Carter
An arrest warrant has been issued for potential No. 1 NFL draft pick Jalen Carter for his alleged role in a January traffic crash that killed a teammate and a recruiting staffer for the University of Georgia.
The Georgia defensive lineman is wanted on a charge of reckless driving and racing by the Athens-Clarke County Police Department after an investigation found that Carter was allegedly street racing with Chandler LeCroy on Jan. 15. Both LeCroy, a Georgia staffer, and Georgia offensive lineman Devin Willock were killed when the Ford Expedition LeCroy was driving left the road at a high rate of speed and hit two telephone poles. Two other occupants of LeCroy’s vehicle were injured.
From the Athens-Clarke County Police:
“The investigation found that Chandler LeCroy, driver of the 2021 Ford Expedition and Jalen Carter, driver of a 2021 Jeep Trackhawk, were operating their vehicles in a manner consistent with racing shortly after leaving the downtown Athens area at about 2:30 a.m. The evidence demonstrated that both vehicles switched between lanes, drove in the center turn lane, drove in opposite lanes of travel, overtook other motorists and drove at high rates of speed in an apparent attempt to outdistance each other. Evidence indicated that shortly before the crash the Expedition was traveling at about 104 miles per hour. The toxicology report indicated that Leroy’s blood alcohol concentration was .197 at the time of the crash. Investigators determined that alcohol impairment, racing, reckless driving and speed were significant contributing factors to the crash.”
RIGHT NOW - Wednesday pm,
Right now, it’s unclear exactly if teams knew the arrest warrant was coming this morning, but it does seem to have at least caught the NFL combine a bit off guard. Following the announcement of the arrest warrant against Carter, the podium interviews with the other defensive linemen present in Indianapolis came to a pause and Carter never appeared at his podium session with reporters.
We're still early in the process of figuring out exactly what role Carter played in the crash back in January. But this is the slimier part of the NFL business that viewers should be acutely aware of by now. If a player is talented enough at what they do, sins of the past can be forgotten. On the sliding scale of acts that cause NFL prospects to fall down draft boards, two misdemeanors for a prospect that profiles as a future All-Pro at his position can get ignored fairly easily.
Assuming the police’s accounts of the events are true, then this appears to be a tragic incident that was totally avoidable. That also doesn’t necessarily mean Carter's draft stock will tank.
Have some grace for the young people that lost their lives, but don’t be surprised if Carter still hears his name called early in the 2023 draft proceedings. The NFL is still the NFL.
-
Kinda wish Berry would quit his age guardrails way of thinking, when it comes down to deciding on a few draft players.. here's the latest update.. Pre-Combine (Thanks Jack Duffy)
Green - Ideal Fit
Yellow - Okay Fit
Red - Unlikely Fit
Grey - No Age Data Available
I wouldn't even count out trading a multi rounded (4th/5th) Browns pick..to trade for a player with some upside (did with rams to get Troy Hill)
A possible positions chart we may target.. Deaton might be that backup C or G ?
way to early, and
GRANT SR., JAKEEM U/Chi has a accepted a new deal ENJOY your Combine viewing ! ? starts today 3:00 pm
looks like a deep draft.
Jherzson Newton DT Illinois. Don’t see him on the list he’s worth a look.
Keaton Mitchell or Mo Ibrahim RB I’d snag either if they are there in the 6th.
Rakim Jarrett WR
Edit: Newton is back in School- keep an eye on him on 2024.
looks like a deep draft.
Jherzson Newton DT Illinois. Don’t see him on the list he’s worth a look.
Keaton Mitchell/// RB I’d snag either if they are there in the 6th.
It should be interesting to see what DT's gets to us.. Rotational & fair depth maybe all that's left? Gotta grab a FA too/imo
I'm part of a group, that can walk to ECU games.. I've seen you mention Keaton Mitchell before..
Key should show some good quick's of another Pirate RB named Chris Johnson at times.. Key's field vision is excellent in a RPO offense.. He's gotta learn.. ball security will get him benched in the NFL.. I'll follow Key wherever he ends up.. big fan !
-
Watching some all-22 from the Eagles defense against the Pats in the Super bowl. Noticing some themes.
- Similarities in alignment with of the edge players between Woods and Schwartz. The ends get WIDE. 7 and 9 spots then scream off the edge.
- Base Over calls for the most part - 3tech to TE or called strength.
Biggest Differences - LB size and downhill trigger. Then I went back 10 years.
Lions - Stephen Tulloch 6'0, 245lbs.
Bills - Preston Brown 6'1, 250lbs
Eagles - Nigel Bradham (brought over from BUF) 6'2 241lbs
Eagles - Jordan Hicks, 6'1 238lbs.
This man doesn't abide by small, 210lb backers. He wants to invite running between the tackles and then meet your invitation with downhill size and aggressiveness from the LB's. Only starter on the Browns roster that even sniffed 240lbs was Taki. What are the chances he ends up getting the green dot in the off-season? If not, I can see the Browns looking at late(r) round LB's. Although I do see his flexibility with a player like Malcolm Jenkins as a dime backer. I wonder if Young JOK could ever be disciplined enough in coverage to fill that type of roll?
Add LB's to the list of positions this team and the front office will be taking long looks at. Especially consider the starting MIKE backers under Schwartz have all been 3rd round picks or later. (Only one in the top 75)
Biggest Differences - LB size and downhill trigger. Then I went back 10 years.
Lions - Stephen Tulloch 6'0, 245lbs.
Add LB's to the list of positions this team and the front office will be taking long looks at. Especially consider the starting MIKE backers under Schwartz have all been 3rd round picks or later. (Only one in the top 75)
What's your opinion on another former 3rd round pick ?
Possible Lions FA? Alex Anzalone/age 28 .. I just love the guys motor/effort since with the Saints. more so, Alex may fit our tight cap budget?
He's played some Mike at 6'3" 235-240lbs. is what I've seen.. Is Anzalone a better option than Taki/Walker in your opinion?
thanks..peek back in after work.. (I'm thinking.. Dan Campbell will pound the table to keep his type of craz'ed ball hawk)
EDIT-- Dudes, I'll be on a long tape delay on combine work-outs.. I'm only 4 days into a 2 week material count at work to start a new pay plan ?(timing sucks).. My Boss/count'ee (prick) is a Egotistical, Power & Control freak...It's not going well, to my hand counts ! I'm turning age 60 the day the Browns go on the clock.. At age 62.. I will retire from these freaks at midnight of my birthday

Enjoy ! Go Browns ! ( get it right ! )
-
looks like a deep draft.
Jherzson Newton DT Illinois. Don’t see him on the list he’s worth a look.
Keaton Mitchell/// RB I’d snag either if they are there in the 6th.
It should be interesting to see what DT's gets to us.. Rotational & fair depth maybe all that's left? Gotta grab a FA too/imo
I'm part of a group, that can walk to ECU games.. I've seen you mention Keaton Mitchell before..
Key should show some good quick's of another Pirate RB named Chris Johnson at times.. Key's field vision is excellent in a RPO offense.. He's gotta learn.. ball security will get him benched in the NFL.. I'll follow Key wherever he ends up.. big fan !
-
Biggest Differences - LB size and downhill trigger. Then I went back 10 years.
Lions - Stephen Tulloch 6'0, 245lbs.
Add LB's to the list of positions this team and the front office will be taking long looks at. Especially consider the starting MIKE backers under Schwartz have all been 3rd round picks or later. (Only one in the top 75)
What's your opinion on another former 3rd round pick ?
Possible Lions FA? Alex Anzalone/age 28 .. I just love the guys motor/effort since with the Saints. more so, Alex may fit our tight cap budget?
He's played some Mike at 6'3" 235-240lbs. is what I've seen.. Is Anzalone a better option than Taki/Walker in your opinion?
thanks..peek back in after work.. (I'm thinking.. Dan Campbell will pound the table to keep his type of craz'ed ball hawk)
EDIT-- Dudes, I'll be on a long tape delay on combine work-outs.. I'm only 4 days into a 2 week material count at work to start a new pay plan ?(timing sucks).. My Boss/count'ee (prick) is a Egotistical, Power & Control freak...It's not going well, to my hand counts ! I'm turning age 60 the day the Browns go on the clock.. At age 62.. I will retire from these freaks at midnight of my birthday

Enjoy ! Go Browns ! ( get it right ! )
My Boss/count'ee (prick) is a Egotistical, Power & Control freak...It's not going well, to my hand counts ! I'm turning age 60 the day the Browns go on the clock.. At age 62.. I will retire from these freaks at midnight of my birthday

Enjoy ! Go Browns ! ( get it right ! )
I had one of those with the plan to retire on my 62nd, but I just could not stand it any longer and had enough time and lots of IRAs set aside so out I went out on my 61st. Best mental health decision I ever made.?
-
Biggest Differences - LB size and downhill trigger. Then I went back 10 years.
Lions - Stephen Tulloch 6'0, 245lbs.
Add LB's to the list of positions this team and the front office will be taking long looks at. Especially consider the starting MIKE backers under Schwartz have all been 3rd round picks or later. (Only one in the top 75)
What's your opinion on another former 3rd round pick ?
Possible Lions FA? Alex Anzalone/age 28 .. I just love the guys motor/effort since with the Saints. more so, Alex may fit our tight cap budget?
He's played some Mike at 6'3" 235-240lbs. is what I've seen.. Is Anzalone a better option than Taki/Walker in your opinion?
thanks..peek back in after work.. (I'm thinking.. Dan Campbell will pound the table to keep his type of craz'ed ball hawk)
EDIT-- Dudes, I'll be on a long tape delay on combine work-outs.. I'm only 4 days into a 2 week material count at work to start a new pay plan ?(timing sucks).. My Boss/count'ee (prick) is a Egotistical, Power & Control freak...It's not going well, to my hand counts ! I'm turning age 60 the day the Browns go on the clock.. At age 62.. I will retire from these freaks at midnight of my birthday

Enjoy ! Go Browns ! ( get it right ! )
What's your opinion on another former 3rd round pick ?
Possible Lions FA? Alex Anzalone/age 28 .. I just love the guys motor/effort since with the Saints. more so, Alex may fit our tight cap budget?
He's played some Mike at 6'3" 235-240lbs. is what I've seen.. Is Anzalone a better option than Taki/Walker in your opinion?
Like you said, motor and effort. He seemed to have (by his standards at least) a pretty good season in Detroit.
His name, along with a few others like Denzel Perryman, Dylan Cole, and Zach Cunningham are on my free agent watch list.
-
Watching some all-22 from the Eagles defense against the Pats in the Super bowl. Noticing some themes.
- Similarities in alignment with of the edge players between Woods and Schwartz. The ends get WIDE. 7 and 9 spots then scream off the edge.
- Base Over calls for the most part - 3tech to TE or called strength.
Biggest Differences - LB size and downhill trigger. Then I went back 10 years.
Lions - Stephen Tulloch 6'0, 245lbs.
Bills - Preston Brown 6'1, 250lbs
Eagles - Nigel Bradham (brought over from BUF) 6'2 241lbs
Eagles - Jordan Hicks, 6'1 238lbs.
This man doesn't abide by small, 210lb backers. He wants to invite running between the tackles and then meet your invitation with downhill size and aggressiveness from the LB's. Only starter on the Browns roster that even sniffed 240lbs was Taki. What are the chances he ends up getting the green dot in the off-season? If not, I can see the Browns looking at late(r) round LB's. Although I do see his flexibility with a player like Malcolm Jenkins as a dime backer. I wonder if Young JOK could ever be disciplined enough in coverage to fill that type of roll?
Add LB's to the list of positions this team and the front office will be taking long looks at. Especially consider the starting MIKE backers under Schwartz have all been 3rd round picks or later. (Only one in the top 75)
Watching some all-22 from the Eagles defense against the Pats in the Super bowl. Noticing some themes.
- Similarities in alignment with of the edge players between Woods and Schwartz. The ends get WIDE. 7 and 9 spots then scream off the edge.
- Base Over calls for the most part - 3tech to TE or called strength.
Biggest Differences - LB size and downhill trigger. Then I went back 10 years.
Lions - Stephen Tulloch 6'0, 245lbs.
Bills - Preston Brown 6'1, 250lbs
Eagles - Nigel Bradham (brought over from BUF) 6'2 241lbs
Eagles - Jordan Hicks, 6'1 238lbs.
This man doesn't abide by small, 210lb backers. He wants to invite running between the tackles and then meet your invitation with downhill size and aggressiveness from the LB's. Only starter on the Browns roster that even sniffed 240lbs was Taki. What are the chances he ends up getting the green dot in the off-season? If not, I can see the Browns looking at late(r) round LB's. Although I do see his flexibility with a player like Malcolm Jenkins as a dime backer. I wonder if Young JOK could ever be disciplined enough in coverage to fill that type of roll?
Add LB's to the list of positions this team and the front office will be taking long looks at. Especially consider the starting MIKE backers under Schwartz have all been 3rd round picks or later. (Only one in the top 75)
I agree. I also agree with Tex"s post about drafting a runningback.
I am just trying to figure out the strategy we are going to take. I have a feeling that on D we are probably going to look for a Vet or two. I am not sure they are going to want to trust the defensive turnaround with 2-3 rookies needing to step in and step up. Rookie runningbacks and receivers can step in and make some impact. In the past it was the feeling that rookie WR's had a huge learning curve when moving in to the pro's. I think the college passing game has transformed a great deal over the last 5 or so years and that is no longer the case.
That doesn't mean we aren't going to draft any rookie defenders. I just see it as if it was you can fix one side of the ball or the other, the choice would be the D.
-
Watching some all-22 from the Eagles defense against the Pats in the Super bowl. Noticing some themes.
- Similarities in alignment with of the edge players between Woods and Schwartz. The ends get WIDE. 7 and 9 spots then scream off the edge.
- Base Over calls for the most part - 3tech to TE or called strength.
Biggest Differences - LB size and downhill trigger. Then I went back 10 years.
Lions - Stephen Tulloch 6'0, 245lbs.
Bills - Preston Brown 6'1, 250lbs
Eagles - Nigel Bradham (brought over from BUF) 6'2 241lbs
Eagles - Jordan Hicks, 6'1 238lbs.
This man doesn't abide by small, 210lb backers. He wants to invite running between the tackles and then meet your invitation with downhill size and aggressiveness from the LB's. Only starter on the Browns roster that even sniffed 240lbs was Taki. What are the chances he ends up getting the green dot in the off-season? If not, I can see the Browns looking at late(r) round LB's. Although I do see his flexibility with a player like Malcolm Jenkins as a dime backer. I wonder if Young JOK could ever be disciplined enough in coverage to fill that type of roll?
Add LB's to the list of positions this team and the front office will be taking long looks at. Especially consider the starting MIKE backers under Schwartz have all been 3rd round picks or later. (Only one in the top 75)
I agree. I also agree with Tex"s post about drafting a runningback.
I am just trying to figure out the strategy we are going to take. I have a feeling that on D we are probably going to look for a Vet or two. I am not sure they are going to want to trust the defensive turnaround with 2-3 rookies needing to step in and step up. Rookie runningbacks and receivers can step in and make some impact. In the past it was the feeling that rookie WR's had a huge learning curve when moving in to the pro's. I think the college passing game has transformed a great deal over the last 5 or so years and that is no longer the case.
That doesn't mean we aren't going to draft any rookie defenders. I just see it as if it was you can fix one side of the ball or the other, the choice would be the D.
I agree. I also agree with Tex"s post about drafting a runningback.
I am just trying to figure out the strategy we are going to take. I have a feeling that on D we are probably going to look for a Vet or two. I am not sure they are going to want to trust the defensive turnaround with 2-3 rookies needing to step in and step up. Rookie runningbacks and receivers can step in and make some impact. In the past it was the feeling that rookie WR's had a huge learning curve when moving in to the pro's. I think the college passing game has transformed a great deal over the last 5 or so years and that is no longer the case.
That doesn't mean we aren't going to draft any rookie defenders. I just see it as if it was you can fix one side of the ball or the other, the choice would be the D.
I would be shocked if a couple vets aren't brought in. I fully expect to see just that.
We have the makings of another great RB room even without Hunt. I personally would love to get D'Earnest Johnson inked to a 2 year deal (cheap) and let him serve as the #2. He's good in the screen game, a willing blocker, and knows this offensive system inside and out. He would be a 1000 yard back with the opportunity. As this offense shifts towards a QB centered group, I see no reason to invest draft capital at any point on a position group that is lock-solid for us. Especially when you consider every pick becomes that much more meaningful without a couple years worth of 1st rounders. Finding late round DBs you can coach up is the bread and butter of the Patriots for years now, I'd like to see Cleveland try a similar approach by refining their focus on the defensive and offensive lines.
As for receivers, I have a bit of hope for Bell. There are times his game almost reminds me of Robert Meachum (minus the top end speed). And there were a couple catches that standout to me which highlights his possible role in this offense - the slot fade against ATL where he used his length and strength to just big man the DB; and then the deep over bullet he caught from Jacoby against... I want to say against Chicago? that showed his football and coverage I.Q. on the route adjustment.
I believe he could be a 60ish target, 40-45 catch type WR that hovers around that 600 yard mark but routinely moves chains because of his ability to play all over.
Of course, I do have an eye on A.T. Perry out of Wake Forrest though....
-
I agree on Bell. I haven't given up on him. He has what too many of our receives haven't had in the past...hands.
He may not be able to create separation with speed, but I think in quick hitting routes he could be tremendous. I don't think the numbers you post are out of reach. It could even be higher if Watson decides to throw his way.
I know we signed Musgrave, and he is a WCO guy. I am wondering if we hired him as Sr, asst to bring a little of that look to the O.
As for DJ...I love the kid. I think the problem he faces here is he is too much like Chubb and plays a similar role. I am not as sold as you on his receiving prowess. I am not even sure if Ford brings that....maybe he does?? That is why I could see us drafting a back..one who could catch 70 balls a year if used.
-
Georgia's Edge/LB Nolan Smith is killing the combine with 4.39 40, 1.52 10 yd split, 41.5 vertical, 10'8" broad jump. That 40 was faster than Hopkins, McCaffrey, Barkley and Stephon Diggs. And he may be right there as BPA in the 2nd when the Browns pick. 6'2 1/4" 239 lbs. Former 5***** and top overall HS player in the country like Garrett. His stats at Georgia reflect the massive time sharing that Georgia does in their DL/LB crews.
-
I agree on Bell. I haven't given up on him. He has what too many of our receives haven't had in the past...hands.
He may not be able to create separation with speed, but I think in quick hitting routes he could be tremendous. I don't think the numbers you post are out of reach. It could even be higher if Watson decides to throw his way.
I know we signed Musgrave, and he is a WCO guy. I am wondering if we hired him as Sr, asst to bring a little of that look to the O.
As for DJ...I love the kid. I think the problem he faces here is he is too much like Chubb and plays a similar role. I am not as sold as you on his receiving prowess. I am not even sure if Ford brings that....maybe he does?? That is why I could see us drafting a back..one who could catch 70 balls a year if used.
I agree on Bell. I haven't given up on him. He has what too many of our receives haven't had in the past...hands.
He may not be able to create separation with speed, but I think in quick hitting routes he could be tremendous. I don't think the numbers you post are out of reach. It could even be higher if Watson decides to throw his way.
I know we signed Musgrave, and he is a WCO guy. I am wondering if we hired him as Sr, asst to bring a little of that look to the O.
As for DJ...I love the kid. I think the problem he faces here is he is too much like Chubb and plays a similar role. I am not as sold as you on his receiving prowess. I am not even sure if Ford brings that....maybe he does?? That is why I could see us drafting a back..one who could catch 70 balls a year if used.
- Re: 'WCO'. The big advent of those timing offenses is generally the 3 and 5 step drop game (well, traditionally speaking) working the shallow, intermediate and horizontal passing stretch. I'm vocal in my belief that Stefanski is deficient in these designs from time to time. Granted, in his offense the shots are more vertical in nature, and I get that. But as we transition to a gun, vertical zone based team, he's going to need someone like Musgrave to help really improve the route combinations that work to build YAC and break man coverage without having to go downfield. This past seasons Chiefs squad is a good example. So if Stef was on board and proactive in bringing Musgrave in, it speaks to his self awareness and assessment of the direction the offense needs to take AND improve on.
As for DJ, I'm not saying the kid is going to line up and run HBC like he's Run CmC is something. But I do believe everything we throw at Chubb and Hunt in the screen game he is more than capable of also doing himself, that's all.
-
DL/LB day 1, overall's got my attention ?
Nolan Smith/Owen Pappoe/Byron Young(Tenn.)/Dorian Williams/A.Adebawore/Derick Hall/D. Overshown/Van Ness/Jack Campbell/Bryan Bresee/Keeanu Benton
What the heck do teams do with a freak like Calijah Kancey.. Stud got to 6'1 281 lbs. but is built to play a 3-4 NFL edge.. C. Kancy ain't getting to pick 32.. Teams can forget pick 40 anything..
Happy Friday gents ! Enjoy Day 2
-
Kinda wish Berry would quit his age guardrails way of thinking, when it comes down to deciding on a few draft players.. here's the latest update.. Pre-Combine (Thanks Jack Duffy)
Green - Ideal Fit
Yellow - Okay Fit
Red - Unlikely Fit
Grey - No Age Data Available
I wouldn't even count out trading a multi rounded (4th/5th) Browns pick..to trade for a player with some upside (did with rams to get Troy Hill)
A possible positions chart we may target.. Deaton might be that backup C or G ?
way to early, and
GRANT SR., JAKEEM U/Chi has a accepted a new deal ENJOY your Combine viewing ! ? starts today 3:00 pm
Kinda wish Berry would quit his age guardrails way of thinking, when it comes down to deciding on a few draft players.. here's the latest update.. Pre-Combine (Thanks Jack Duffy)
Green - Ideal Fit
Yellow - Okay Fit
Red - Unlikely Fit
Grey - No Age Data Available
That is a good show of a horizontal board where players are stacked by position. Teams also have vertical boards where players are stacked from the best player on down no matter the position. That way they can cross check positional value with overall value.
You can't go in to the draft just referencing positional value. As you can see in this example, there are 26 players with 1st round grades, at least according to this example. If you are picking 27th, you need to know who's the 27th best player on the vertical list so you can make the best decision possible. If the position you really want is rated close enough to that 27th player, then you might draft for position. If there is a pretty big gap then you probably shouldn't.
On the horizontal list Torrence (G) might be the best guard in the draft but on the vert list he might be the 70th best player.
Whew...I hope that makes some sense. That is how teams try to balance positional value with overall value when making decisions and explains how teams make picks that sometimes don't make any sense.
-
Kinda wish Berry would quit his age guardrails way of thinking, when it comes down to deciding on a few draft players.. here's the latest update.. Pre-Combine (Thanks Jack Duffy)
Green - Ideal Fit
Yellow - Okay Fit
Red - Unlikely Fit
Grey - No Age Data Available
I wouldn't even count out trading a multi rounded (4th/5th) Browns pick..to trade for a player with some upside (did with rams to get Troy Hill)
A possible positions chart we may target.. Deaton might be that backup C or G ?
way to early, and
GRANT SR., JAKEEM U/Chi has a accepted a new deal ENJOY your Combine viewing ! ? starts today 3:00 pm
Kinda wish Berry would quit his age guardrails way of thinking, when it comes down to deciding on a few draft players.. here's the latest update.. Pre-Combine (Thanks Jack Duffy)
Green - Ideal Fit
Yellow - Okay Fit
Red - Unlikely Fit
Grey - No Age Data Available
That is a good show of a horizontal board where players are stacked by position. Teams also have vertical boards where players are stacked from the best player on down no matter the position. That way they can cross check positional value with overall value.
You can't go in to the draft just referencing positional value. As you can see in this example, there are 26 players with 1st round grades, at least according to this example. If you are picking 27th, you need to know who's the 27th best player on the vertical list so you can make the best decision possible. If the position you really want is rated close enough to that 27th player, then you might draft for position. If there is a pretty big gap then you probably shouldn't.
On the horizontal list Torrence (G) might be the best guard in the draft but on the vert list he might be the 70th best player.
Whew...I hope that makes some sense. That is how teams try to balance positional value with overall value when making decisions and explains how teams make picks that sometimes don't seem to make any sense.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login