Skip to content

2023 Browns NFL Draft Prospects

The Browns Board
481 19 32.3k 1
  • @dutch-oven said:

    Regarding Army's Andre Carter, is he allowed to immediately play in the NFL?

    I know back in the day if you played for one of the service academies you had to fulfill a stretch with them before being allowed to go to the NFL.

    I believe there's a deferment process available for service academies now. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
  • Morning ! What'd I miss ? ?

    Here we go with Cabot stirring other media clicks again..

    https://heavy.com/sports/cleveland-browns/big-trade-draft-mix-budda-baker/

    The only positional players with trade-able depth, maybe Wyatt Teller (contract) or Greg Newsome that may draw any interest ?

    I'd have to see a same aged/ quality Mike LB in return & Jack Campbell off the board.. 

    Does anybody see Berry trading a current roster player with any real trade-able value?  

    Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    Does anybody see Berry trading a current roster player with any real trade-able value?  

    Yes, and as you mentioned, trading Newsome and drafting another corner is probably the most likely. If we do not trade a player, trading up by packaging picks should also be a possibility. I would be surprised if we didn't. Do have space on the roster to sign 8 picks?

    The 'Madden-esque' activity of the FO on the FA market has bordered on the insane. I think they have done so in order to fulfil what they think our needs are, and are now mainly looking to take advantage of opportunities to improve starters in any way possible. 

  • @gumby73 said:

    Does anybody see Berry trading a current roster player with any real trade-able value?  

    Yes, and as you mentioned, trading Newsome and drafting another corner is probably the most likely. If we do not trade a player, trading up by packaging picks should also be a possibility. I would be surprised if we didn't. Do have space on the roster to sign 8 picks?

    The 'Madden-esque' activity of the FO on the FA market has bordered on the insane. I think they have done so in order to fulfil what they think our needs are, and are now mainly looking to take advantage of opportunities to improve starters in any way possible. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @korsou-dawg said:

     Do we have space on the roster to sign 8 picks?

    imo No.. 5-6 picks & hit on 2-3 depth upgrades.. DT/LB & a 3rd Safety..  

    Coop had surgery last Feb. ?  How'd that escape the NFL media? Securing Elijah Moore for our 2nd rounder, feels better than what many have projected at WR's possibly left on the board 🙂

    8 picks.. plus UDFA's.. plus roster cut upgrades? Berry's hit/miss on mid round picks has left us...

    WR Schwartz Rd. 3

    WR Felton Rd. 6

    TE Bryant Rd. 4

    DT Elliott Rd. 3

    DT Winfrey.. Rd. 4.. just made the list

    DT Togiai Rd. 4

    LB Phillips Rd. 3

    LB Fields Rd. 5

    C Harris 5th, T Hudson 4th, C Deaton 7th.. 

     Doesn't mean a talent like Emerson in the 3rd or a DPJ's in the 6th, can't be found..

    we're on the clock in 10 days ! ?

  • @korsou-dawg said:

    How much stock do you guys put into combine results? Both on how you see players, and your expectation where they are drafted. 

    Some examples for discussion:

    Siaki Ika, DL, Baylor was brought to the table by @dutch-oven and @tiamat63, but had a pretty terrible combine. Scored in the lowest percentiles historically for his position for the 40, 10, 3 cone and shuttle. Arguably not the most relevant to DL, but still indicative of lacking athleticism. Bench press could have redeemed all that in my view, but he did not participate. It is almost like he couldn't be bothered. 

    That said, this class is so lacking in quality interior guys, that he barely slid on big boards. But what do we think? He should be available late in the 2nd, where we can realistically trade up to. Would definitely fill a need for us, but is he still the right guy? Is it a matter of combine be damned, he has the size and shown in college that he knows how to use it?

    Andre Carter II, EDGE/ LB Army got quite the hype train going around him before the combine, and I was aboard for the ride. Billed as a "hyper athlete" who's only weakness was supposed to be a lack of mass due to Army regulations. Something easily fixed in a pro weight room, combined with frequent trips to Chick-Fil-A. He also put up stellar numbers as a junior in 2021, before seeing teams make adjustments specifically for him in 2022. 

    But the combine came, where he put up godawful numbers in anything but the 3 cone. Godawful, meaning single digit percentiles in the 40 and bench. The very opposite of an actual hyper athlete like Miles, who performed in the upper 90 percentiles. To my surprise, he has not dropped much on most big boards, and is projected late 2nd, early 3rd. I have cooled on him to the point I would barely spend a late rounder on him.

    Yaya Diaby, EDGE, Louisville on the other hand did put up Myles' numbers. To my astonishment, this has barely moved the needle on many boards. On PPF for example, he falls outside their top 150, making him a mid 5th pick at best. I would consider him in the 3rd and jump at the chance to draft him in the 4th, but fear he may be gone much earlier. Am I putting too much stock in his combine performance?

    Blake Freeland, OT, BYU also put up elite numbers in the 40, broad, and set a new Combine record for offensive linemen with a vertical jump of 37 inches. He is still projected as a 3rd, or early 4th pick. Given the utter disappointment that is Jedrick Wills, and Conklin being made out of glass, he would seem to be a great addition for us where he is projected. Again, I fear he may be gone much sooner.

     Combine, at least for myself, is an exhibition to demonstrate athletes I might not have previously been aware of or had the chance to watch during the season.  There are certain drills which are position specific that I tend to be cognizant of - 10 yard split, 3 cone and sometimes vertical.  What I also keep an eye out for, Dline specific, is height, weight, arm length and wingspan.     40 time is also something that I don't treat as gospel.  But what I ultimately need is film that supports or detracts from the combine to reach a conclusion.  You look like trash when the tape rolls? Then you're a combine warrior, and we've seen those time and time again.  Tape looks good, competition looks good? I can overlook not being the best athlete for your position group then.   The example I circle back around to both personally and then another collegiately ---> pro... A kid I played DB with in high school was a tremendous athlete and went on to play LB at Kent State. Because, despite being 6'1 210lbs, really didn't have the eyes, hips and processing skills for the position.    I watched Taylor Mays at USC back in the day be an absolute freak of nature athletically.  He played DB under Pete Carroll, then had to switch to LB and special teams only to be out of the league in a few short years after being drafted top 50.   So all that combine ability didn't amount to on field production come game time.

     Food for thought.   There is no science to it, but it's far more rare for a athlete to look like trash on the all-22 but find production in the NFL as opposed to someone who didn't test as athletic but passes the eye test.

    RE:  I haven't gotten around to Andre Carter, but at 6'7 260lbs, he looked out of place playing as a 2pt edge for Army.  He has athletic gifts but he's a large coaching project.     I look for 10 yard split, vertical and some 3 cone/shuttle.  The reason I say 'some' is because I'm looking for how that initial lateral burst and hip sink looks in both drills.  The constant stop/start doesn't interest me along the defensive front.

     My thoughts on Diaby have already been posted here... 9th one down.  

    /topic/65522

     So with Siaki, the vertical test itself is tough because big men like him don't get height in jumping.  So the 10 yard split and, again, those initial moves on the 3 cone and shuttle can be a big tell.  Bench is also a 'meh'.   Remember, Tommy Togiai had a monster bench.  While he's solid facing teams that run a lot of gap/power, such as a Ravens;  He's a complete liability against zone heavy teams, such as the falcons, because he lacks height, wingspan and lateral to vertical burst.   

    Re: Freeman.  40 means jackshit to me.  He can run like the wind, but if his footwork and handstrike while in pass pro are questionable, then being an athlete is negated by lack of technique.  Conversely, if he's an athlete who can be coached and consistently retain good technique, then the athletic ability now becomes a huge plus.  

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen

    @tiamat63 said:

     Combine, at least for myself, is an exhibition to demonstrate athletes I might not have previously been aware of or had the chance to watch during the season.  There are certain drills which are position specific that I tend to be cognizant of - 10 yard split, 3 cone and sometimes vertical.  What I also keep an eye out for, Dline specific, is height, weight, arm length and wingspan.     40 time is also something that I don't treat as gospel.  But what I ultimately need is film that supports or detracts from the combine to reach a conclusion.  You look like trash when the tape rolls? Then you're a combine warrior, and we've seen those time and time again.  Tape looks good, competition looks good? I can overlook not being the best athlete for your position group then.   The example I circle back around to both personally and then another collegiately ---> pro... A kid I played DB with in high school was a tremendous athlete and went on to play LB at Kent State. Because, despite being 6'1 210lbs, really didn't have the eyes, hips and processing skills for the position.    I watched Taylor Mays at USC back in the day be an absolute freak of nature athletically.  He played DB under Pete Carroll, then had to switch to LB and special teams only to be out of the league in a few short years after being drafted top 50.   So all that combine ability didn't amount to on field production come game time.

     Food for thought.   There is no science to it, but it's far more rare for a athlete to look like trash on the all-22 but find production in the NFL as opposed to someone who didn't test as athletic but passes the eye test.

    RE:  I haven't gotten around to Andre Carter, but at 6'7 260lbs, he looked out of place playing as a 2pt edge for Army.  He has athletic gifts but he's a large coaching project.     I look for 10 yard split, vertical and some 3 cone/shuttle.  The reason I say 'some' is because I'm looking for how that initial lateral burst and hip sink looks in both drills.  The constant stop/start doesn't interest me along the defensive front.

     My thoughts on Diaby have already been posted here... 9th one down.  

    /topic/65522

     So with Siaki, the vertical test itself is tough because big men like him don't get height in jumping.  So the 10 yard split and, again, those initial moves on the 3 cone and shuttle can be a big tell.  Bench is also a 'meh'.   Remember, Tommy Togiai had a monster bench.  While he's solid facing teams that run a lot of gap/power, such as a Ravens;  He's a complete liability against zone heavy teams, such as the falcons, because he lacks height, wingspan and lateral to vertical burst.   

    Re: Freeman.  40 means jackshit to me.  He can run like the wind, but if his footwork and handstrike while in pass pro are questionable, then being an athlete is negated by lack of technique.  Conversely, if he's an athlete who can be coached and consistently retain good technique, then the athletic ability now becomes a huge plus.  

    Good stuff T.

    Combine scores mean something, but for me it washes guys out more than help, with the exception of maybe small school or under the radar guys.  It opens your eyes to some players, and the smaller school guys, maybe you can't trust the tape because of the competition, but the numbers don't lie and help to add to their value.

    If you are testing out like Myles Garrett, but played at UT Chattanooga, it opends eyes.  Cole Strange played at UT Chattanooga.  His tape and testing numbers convinced Belicheck to take him as their #1 pick.  

    He started at guard and played well.  Living in Chattanooga,I follow UTC guys.  Terrell Owens played here.  He skipped the Canton HOF ceremony and had it here...my son and I went.  Very cool.

    I have held season tickets to both the football and basketball programs for maybe 25 years.  I still go to a football game or two, and maybe 4-5 basketball games a year.  I don't go all that much, but still feel it important to support the program.  Call it civic responsibility.  I live here and feel it important to support the University and community.

    I graduated from Florida.  I still have Gator football tickets.  Have had them 40 years or more.  I rarely go to games anymore, but keep them because a seatmate and long time friend buys mine  every year.  He can use them for business purposes.  If I want to go to a game, as long as I give him a week or so notice I get my 2 seats back and go.  We have 6 seats together.  He owns a road paving business, so he always has hand or two to grease...lol.  If I want more, he gives them to me. .  He knows I spend a lot of money a year just to keep the tickets, but hey, I owe the University a lot,.  Thankfully I am able to do so.

  • @tiamat63 said:

     Combine, at least for myself, is an exhibition to demonstrate athletes I might not have previously been aware of or had the chance to watch during the season.  There are certain drills which are position specific that I tend to be cognizant of - 10 yard split, 3 cone and sometimes vertical.  What I also keep an eye out for, Dline specific, is height, weight, arm length and wingspan.     40 time is also something that I don't treat as gospel.  But what I ultimately need is film that supports or detracts from the combine to reach a conclusion.  You look like trash when the tape rolls? Then you're a combine warrior, and we've seen those time and time again.  Tape looks good, competition looks good? I can overlook not being the best athlete for your position group then.   The example I circle back around to both personally and then another collegiately ---> pro... A kid I played DB with in high school was a tremendous athlete and went on to play LB at Kent State. Because, despite being 6'1 210lbs, really didn't have the eyes, hips and processing skills for the position.    I watched Taylor Mays at USC back in the day be an absolute freak of nature athletically.  He played DB under Pete Carroll, then had to switch to LB and special teams only to be out of the league in a few short years after being drafted top 50.   So all that combine ability didn't amount to on field production come game time.

     Food for thought.   There is no science to it, but it's far more rare for a athlete to look like trash on the all-22 but find production in the NFL as opposed to someone who didn't test as athletic but passes the eye test.

    RE:  I haven't gotten around to Andre Carter, but at 6'7 260lbs, he looked out of place playing as a 2pt edge for Army.  He has athletic gifts but he's a large coaching project.     I look for 10 yard split, vertical and some 3 cone/shuttle.  The reason I say 'some' is because I'm looking for how that initial lateral burst and hip sink looks in both drills.  The constant stop/start doesn't interest me along the defensive front.

     My thoughts on Diaby have already been posted here... 9th one down.  

    /topic/65522

     So with Siaki, the vertical test itself is tough because big men like him don't get height in jumping.  So the 10 yard split and, again, those initial moves on the 3 cone and shuttle can be a big tell.  Bench is also a 'meh'.   Remember, Tommy Togiai had a monster bench.  While he's solid facing teams that run a lot of gap/power, such as a Ravens;  He's a complete liability against zone heavy teams, such as the falcons, because he lacks height, wingspan and lateral to vertical burst.   

    Re: Freeman.  40 means jackshit to me.  He can run like the wind, but if his footwork and handstrike while in pass pro are questionable, then being an athlete is negated by lack of technique.  Conversely, if he's an athlete who can be coached and consistently retain good technique, then the athletic ability now becomes a huge plus.  

    Good stuff T.

    Combine scores mean something, but for me it washes guys out more than help, with the exception of maybe small school or under the radar guys.  It opens your eyes to some players, and the smaller school guys, maybe you can't trust the tape because of the competition, but the numbers don't lie and help to add to their value.

    If you are testing out like Myles Garrett, but played at UT Chattanooga, it opends eyes.  Cole Strange played at UT Chattanooga.  His tape and testing numbers convinced Belicheck to take him as their #1 pick.  

    He started at guard and played well.  Living in Chattanooga,I follow UTC guys.  Terrell Owens played here.  He skipped the Canton HOF ceremony and had it here...my son and I went.  Very cool.

    I have held season tickets to both the football and basketball programs for maybe 25 years.  I still go to a football game or two, and maybe 4-5 basketball games a year.  I don't go all that much, but still feel it important to support the program.  Call it civic responsibility.  I live here and feel it important to support the University and community.

    I graduated from Florida.  I still have Gator football tickets.  Have had them 40 years or more.  I rarely go to games anymore, but keep them because a seatmate and long time friend buys mine  every year.  He can use them for business purposes.  If I want to go to a game, as long as I give him a week or so notice I get my 2 seats back and go.  We have 6 seats together.  He owns a road paving business, so he always has hand or two to grease...lol.  If I want more, he gives them to me. .  He knows I spend a lot of money a year just to keep the tickets, but hey, I owe the University a lot,.  Thankfully I am able to do so.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @ballpeen said:

    Good stuff T.

    Combine scores mean something, but for me it washes guys out more than help, with the exception of maybe small school or under the radar guys.  It opens your eyes to some players, and the smaller school guys, maybe you can't trust the tape because of the competition, but the numbers don't lie and help to add to their value.

    If you are testing out like Myles Garrett, but played at UT Chattanooga, it opends eyes.  Cole Strange played at UT Chattanooga.  His tape and testing numbers convinced Belicheck to take him as their #1 pick.  

    He started at guard and played well.  Living in Chattanooga,I follow UTC guys.  Terrell Owens played here.  He skipped the Canton HOF ceremony and had it here...my son and I went.  Very cool.

    Here's a guy the Browns drafted out of UT Chattanooga in round 5 in 2011.  He was 5'9.5" and 186 lbs.  Bench press 20 reps, 40 yard dash 4.37 seconds, vertical jump 37 inches, broad jump 122 inches, 20 yard shuttle 3.90 seconds, Three cone 6.44 seconds, 60 yard shuttle 10.75 seconds. This player was... Cornerback: Buster Skrine who started in 2012, 2013 and 2014 after playing special teams and the Nickelback the 2nd half of his rookie year in 2011.

    IMO, he was a great open field tackler like our other corner Joe Haden.  I thought this was a good tandem here. Their reliability in run support was very underrated IMO.  We didn't always have the best pass rush so both corners had the occasional grabbies downfield at times.

    In 2015 Skrine went to the Jets as a FA and was their 3rd Corner behind Revis and Cromartie.  In 2016, he was back to being a starter and remained one through 2018.  PFF showed he started to decline from 2016-2018 though in spite of holding onto his starting job. He still signed with teams all the way up through 2021 and had occasional starts and work in the rotation.

    IMO, that's a pretty good school to keep an eye over there in Chattanooga. 

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen

    Buster had a nice career.  You play that long, you had a nice career.  He still comes back here to hang around and talk to the players.  To show them and let them know you don't have to go to a power 5 school to make the NFL dream happen.

    If you work hard and have the talent, you will get a shot.

  • @ballpeen said:

    Good stuff T.

    Combine scores mean something, but for me it washes guys out more than help, with the exception of maybe small school or under the radar guys.  It opens your eyes to some players, and the smaller school guys, maybe you can't trust the tape because of the competition, but the numbers don't lie and help to add to their value.

    If you are testing out like Myles Garrett, but played at UT Chattanooga, it opends eyes.  Cole Strange played at UT Chattanooga.  His tape and testing numbers convinced Belicheck to take him as their #1 pick.  

    He started at guard and played well.  Living in Chattanooga,I follow UTC guys.  Terrell Owens played here.  He skipped the Canton HOF ceremony and had it here...my son and I went.  Very cool.

    Here's a guy the Browns drafted out of UT Chattanooga in round 5 in 2011.  He was 5'9.5" and 186 lbs.  Bench press 20 reps, 40 yard dash 4.37 seconds, vertical jump 37 inches, broad jump 122 inches, 20 yard shuttle 3.90 seconds, Three cone 6.44 seconds, 60 yard shuttle 10.75 seconds. This player was... Cornerback: Buster Skrine who started in 2012, 2013 and 2014 after playing special teams and the Nickelback the 2nd half of his rookie year in 2011.

    IMO, he was a great open field tackler like our other corner Joe Haden.  I thought this was a good tandem here. Their reliability in run support was very underrated IMO.  We didn't always have the best pass rush so both corners had the occasional grabbies downfield at times.

    In 2015 Skrine went to the Jets as a FA and was their 3rd Corner behind Revis and Cromartie.  In 2016, he was back to being a starter and remained one through 2018.  PFF showed he started to decline from 2016-2018 though in spite of holding onto his starting job. He still signed with teams all the way up through 2021 and had occasional starts and work in the rotation.

    IMO, that's a pretty good school to keep an eye over there in Chattanooga. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @flugel said:

    Here's a guy the Browns drafted out of UT Chattanooga.

    IMO, that's a pretty good school to keep an eye over there in Chattanooga. 

    Wife's father was all east coast football and all-state football, basketball and baseball in R.I. having been the primary RB on the state champ football team, but chose UT Chattanooga for a scholarship to get a Chem Eng degree rather than sign with the Boston Red Sox where he would have been on an underpaying farm team to start back in the 30's. He never regretted it since he spent a 40+ year career as a Chemical Engineer. Back then they didn't pay those outrageous signing bonuses and yearly huge contracts for athletes like they do now.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    Starting to see sims/boards plucking likes of J. Campbell, D.Henley & Keeanu Benton in pick groups of #50's to 60's's  😛..

    I'd agree, seeing most of these groups if we sit & pick.. 

     https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/nfl-draft-targets-2023?team=CLE

    As the norm... Night 1, is going to be a wild Thursday Night in KC !   Happy Friday !

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63

    DeWayne McBride - RB, UAB.

     Good frame, height and weight distribution.   I'd say he's hovering right at that 5'11, 215 season-start mark... 

    - Solid straight line speed.  Not a burner, but low 4.5's 

    - Good upper body strength, not elite lower body strength... but good enough with quality leg drive.  

    - Questionable ball security in spurts.  He'll have full games where he's fine, then the next he gets caught almost forgetting his fundamentals in transition?  But that's only when he's at the 2nd level and trying to make an additional move beyond his one cut to vertical go-go, or when he's getting caught from behind past the LB's.  

    - His 2nd level vision has it's moments.  

    - His weight sink on his cuts is ok, but his burst isn't great.   Sometimes runs a bit ahead of his pads too.   Honestly, I feel like if he cleaned up a good bit of his footwork behind the LoS, the questions on his change of direction and burst wouldn't be as loud.  Good footwork is smooth, smooth on the field is fluid, fluidity becomes quickness.     Best example I can give you from a football parallel for the older guys here -  Bernie's arm wasn't great, but he made good decisions, had good timing and ball placement (despite his wonky mechanics)    So not being the most elite physical talent can be overcome with fundamental mastery.    At times when the cutbacks are nice, it's because DeWayne see's how the 2nd level defenders are responding - and THAT level of eye movement intrigues me.   

    - Would like to see more willingness to attack the edge when it's there.   You don't have to run a 4.3 to get past the tackle.    

    - Shows some balance and power when DB's have questionable form on tackles.  Let's be real, in 2023 football that happens way to much with DB's. So this isn't a backhand at all.     Not much lateral shake though, he isn't about to Reggie Bush anybody.  

    - Needs to be more consistent in his decisiveness on his plant and go.  

     I see..... something.   I can't quite put my finger on what it is?  It's like the most faint glimmer of light at a distance.  I see flaws, then I see some tiny spark where I feel like you could actually find an OK day 3 RB here.   For me McBride looks like another one where, an off-season with Coach Stump the RB Whisperer, might have this kid play well above his draft position.   

    edit: Day 3, mid to late.   

  • Starting to see sims/boards plucking likes of J. Campbell, D.Henley & Keeanu Benton in pick groups of #50's to 60's's  😛..

    I'd agree, seeing most of these groups if we sit & pick.. 

     https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/nfl-draft-targets-2023?team=CLE

    As the norm... Night 1, is going to be a wild Thursday Night in KC !   Happy Friday !

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    Starting to see sims/boards plucking likes of J. Campbell, D.Henley & Keeanu Benton in pick groups of #50's to 60's's  😛..

    I'd agree, seeing most of these groups if we sit & pick.. 

     https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/nfl-draft-targets-2023?team=CLE

    As the norm... Night 1, is going to be a wild Thursday Night in KC !   Happy Friday !

    Thanks Gumbs!   It's great to see a big cluster of guys that could be available each time we pick. Very helpful...

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    400 views since Friday.  Who the eff is creeping this thread and not participating? 

  • 400 views since Friday.  Who the eff is creeping this thread and not participating? 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    400 views since Friday.  Who the eff is creeping this thread and not participating? 

    Prolly a lot of deja view all over again.?

  • 400 views since Friday.  Who the eff is creeping this thread and not participating? 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    400 views since Friday.  Who the eff is creeping this thread and not participating? 

    if you look at online users there are at times more guests than registered users 

  • @gumby73 said:

    Starting to see sims/boards plucking likes of J. Campbell, D.Henley & Keeanu Benton in pick groups of #50's to 60's's  😛..

    I'd agree, seeing most of these groups if we sit & pick.. 

     https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/nfl-draft-targets-2023?team=CLE

    As the norm... Night 1, is going to be a wild Thursday Night in KC !   Happy Friday !

    Thanks Gumbs!   It's great to see a big cluster of guys that could be available each time we pick. Very helpful...

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Thanks Gumbs!   It's great to see a big cluster of guys that could be available each time we pick. Very helpful...

     Like most... 

    interested to see the real draft board of players remaining at the 42nd pick, that became the Elijah Moore trade..

    any hope, Berry has some options to jump into the bottom of the 2nd round if worth it? cost pick #74 & a 4th round, pick #111

     62) Philadelphia Eagles

    (where is Philly going to put two 1st rd. picks, plus a low 2nd rounder?) 

    Round 3

    64) Chicago Bears
    65) Houston Texans
    66) Arizona Cardinals
    67) Denver Broncos (from Indianapolis)
    68) Denver Broncos
    69) Los Angeles Rams
    70) Las Vegas Raiders
    71) New Orleans Saints
    72) Tennessee Titans
    73) Houston Texans (from Cleveland)
    74) *****Cleveland Browns (from N.Y. Jets)*****

  • @flugel said:

    Thanks Gumbs!   It's great to see a big cluster of guys that could be available each time we pick. Very helpful...

     Like most... 

    interested to see the real draft board of players remaining at the 42nd pick, that became the Elijah Moore trade..

    any hope, Berry has some options to jump into the bottom of the 2nd round if worth it? cost pick #74 & a 4th round, pick #111

     62) Philadelphia Eagles

    (where is Philly going to put two 1st rd. picks, plus a low 2nd rounder?) 

    Round 3

    64) Chicago Bears
    65) Houston Texans
    66) Arizona Cardinals
    67) Denver Broncos (from Indianapolis)
    68) Denver Broncos
    69) Los Angeles Rams
    70) Las Vegas Raiders
    71) New Orleans Saints
    72) Tennessee Titans
    73) Houston Texans (from Cleveland)
    74) *****Cleveland Browns (from N.Y. Jets)*****

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel

    @gumby73 said:

     Like most... 

    interested to see the real draft board of players remaining at the 42nd pick, that became the Elijah Moore trade..

    any hope, Berry has some options to jump into the bottom of the 2nd round if worth it? cost pick #74 & a 4th round, pick #111

     62) Philadelphia Eagles

    (where is Philly going to put two 1st rd. picks, plus a low 2nd rounder?) 

    Round 3

    64) Chicago Bears
    65) Houston Texans
    66) Arizona Cardinals
    67) Denver Broncos (from Indianapolis)
    68) Denver Broncos
    69) Los Angeles Rams
    70) Las Vegas Raiders
    71) New Orleans Saints
    72) Tennessee Titans
    73) Houston Texans (from Cleveland)
    74) *****Cleveland Browns (from N.Y. Jets)*****

    It feels like we need to.  Of the DTs we signed, 2 of them had disappointing 1st gigs.  One didn't survive his 1st contract (Hill) and got cut/waived during the 2022 season; then signed by Arizona and then he went on on IR shortly thereafter.  Schwartz is a GREAT Defensive Coach but only a miracle worker can turn Raggedy Ann into Aaron Donald.  Tomlinson was a great addition/proven starter; but we need another reliable guy that could be well worth trading up for in round 2.   If Winfrey takes his meds - I could see Schwartz making him a reliable guy for a rotation up front.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/nfl-gm-2023-draft-class-sucks/?fbclid=IwAR3VZNm-WDd2GNTiuSCCAWGKtx4Qkmh8zv2zMyuNsCa7m2J0KfgK4ShzkwI

    Anonymous GM: "This draft class sucks." 

    Which is why we need to trade into next year with the exception of maybe one or two players. But I have my doubts they will be there for us unless we trade up to get them this year. Classic horns of a dilemma. ??

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/nfl-gm-2023-draft-class-sucks/?fbclid=IwAR3VZNm-WDd2GNTiuSCCAWGKtx4Qkmh8zv2zMyuNsCa7m2J0KfgK4ShzkwI

    Anonymous GM: "This draft class sucks." 

    Let's hope it was Howie Roseman that said that sitting on two 1st round picks (#10 and #30) where top talents aren't matching Philly's remaining needs.  Andrew Berry has close ties with Roseman after working for him as recently as 2019 so I wouldn't count out a trade-up opportunity here. @gumby73 mentioned Philly because of the 2 first round picks and the 63rd overall pick in round 2.   

    We can probably land a Mazi Smith or a Keeanu Benton if we find a way to do this up... You give Schwartz a toy like this next to Tomlinson - and it's "GAME ON!"  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/nfl-gm-2023-draft-class-sucks/?fbclid=IwAR3VZNm-WDd2GNTiuSCCAWGKtx4Qkmh8zv2zMyuNsCa7m2J0KfgK4ShzkwI

    Anonymous GM: "This draft class sucks." 

    Let's hope it was Howie Roseman that said that sitting on two 1st round picks (#10 and #30) where top talents aren't matching Philly's remaining needs.  Andrew Berry has close ties with Roseman after working for him as recently as 2019 so I wouldn't count out a trade-up opportunity here. @gumby73 mentioned Philly because of the 2 first round picks and the 63rd overall pick in round 2.   

    We can probably land a Mazi Smith or a Keeanu Benton if we find a way to do this up... You give Schwartz a toy like this next to Tomlinson - and it's "GAME ON!"  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @flugel said:

    Let's hope it was Howie Roseman that said that sitting on two 1st round picks (#10 and #30) where top talents aren't matching Philly's remaining needs.  Andrew Berry has close ties with Roseman after working for him as recently as 2019 so I wouldn't count out a trade-up opportunity here. @gumby73 mentioned Philly because of the 2 first round picks and the 63rd overall pick in round 2.   

    We can probably land a Mazi Smith or a Keeanu Benton if we find a way to do this up... You give Schwartz a toy like this next to Tomlinson - and it's "GAME ON!"  

    I give us maybe a 5% chance of moving up into the first round to go do something like that. I expect absolute crickets out of Berea on Thursday night.?????

  • @flugel said:

    Let's hope it was Howie Roseman that said that sitting on two 1st round picks (#10 and #30) where top talents aren't matching Philly's remaining needs.  Andrew Berry has close ties with Roseman after working for him as recently as 2019 so I wouldn't count out a trade-up opportunity here. @gumby73 mentioned Philly because of the 2 first round picks and the 63rd overall pick in round 2.   

    We can probably land a Mazi Smith or a Keeanu Benton if we find a way to do this up... You give Schwartz a toy like this next to Tomlinson - and it's "GAME ON!"  

    I give us maybe a 5% chance of moving up into the first round to go do something like that. I expect absolute crickets out of Berea on Thursday night.?????

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    I give us maybe a 5% chance of moving up into the first round to go do something like that. I expect absolute crickets out of Berea on Thursday night.?????

    I was thinking pick #30 with the understanding that round 1 ends after the 31st pick this year.  I got me a feelin we're gonna get us a big feller as a belated Welcome to Cleveland gift for Schwartz.

    Now don't go hurtin my feelins with this crickets stuff!