Special Teams Coach Mike Priefer Fired
-
Apparently Bubba deal is done, and he is also getting the title of assistant HC.
Apparently Bubba deal is done, and he is also getting the title of assistant HC.
Kev’s mid season replacement? ?
-
Apparently Bubba deal is done, and he is also getting the title of assistant HC.
Kev’s mid season replacement? ?
Kev’s mid season replacement? ?
Something to that extent must have been dangled in front of him. As much as I love my Browns, I do not see how a successful and highly sought after ST Coordinator just makes a sideways move to us, without being 'incentivized.'
Regardless, count your blessings. Similarly to Schwartz, we got the best candidate available. How often do we get to say that? Let alone twice in the same off-season.
-
Apparently Bubba deal is done, and he is also getting the title of assistant HC.
Apparently Bubba deal is done, and he is also getting the title of assistant HC.
I though Callie Brownson held that title.. But then I thought I heard the other day shes coaching Receivers?... I haven't seen anything yet that says the Bubba deal is done beside a lot of interweb chatter......
-
Apparently Bubba deal is done, and he is also getting the title of assistant HC.
Kev’s mid season replacement? ?
Kev’s mid season replacement? ?
Schwartz is probably that guy. And I don’t think we need a deep playoff run, but I think we need to make the playoffs.
8-9 and 7-10 respectively were unacceptable given the roster we had.
It seems like the organization knew the DC had to go, Likely felt Preifer needed to go and he ultimately did, had to do what it needed to do to keep Callahan…and I think Stefanski probably got a put up or get the hell out speech.
I have to say I’m happy. Of course See me again October
-
Kev’s mid season replacement? ?
Schwartz is probably that guy. And I don’t think we need a deep playoff run, but I think we need to make the playoffs.
8-9 and 7-10 respectively were unacceptable given the roster we had.
It seems like the organization knew the DC had to go, Likely felt Preifer needed to go and he ultimately did, had to do what it needed to do to keep Callahan…and I think Stefanski probably got a put up or get the hell out speech.
I have to say I’m happy. Of course See me again October
Schwartz is probably that guy. And I don’t think we need a deep playoff run, but I think we need to make the playoffs.
8-9 and 7-10 respectively were unacceptable given the roster we had.
It seems like the organization knew the DC had to go, Likely felt Preifer needed to go and he ultimately did, had to do what it needed to do to keep Callahan…and I think Stefanski probably got a put up or get the hell out speech.
I have to say I’m happy.
Won't say I'm happy but ever so "slightly' encouraged.. But... It's about Dubya's man..
-
Kev’s mid season replacement? ?
Schwartz is probably that guy. And I don’t think we need a deep playoff run, but I think we need to make the playoffs.
8-9 and 7-10 respectively were unacceptable given the roster we had.
It seems like the organization knew the DC had to go, Likely felt Preifer needed to go and he ultimately did, had to do what it needed to do to keep Callahan…and I think Stefanski probably got a put up or get the hell out speech.
I have to say I’m happy. Of course See me again October
Schwartz is probably that guy.
Or Van Pelt. Certainly not the new ST guy I should think.
-
Kev’s mid season replacement? ?
Something to that extent must have been dangled in front of him. As much as I love my Browns, I do not see how a successful and highly sought after ST Coordinator just makes a sideways move to us, without being 'incentivized.'
Regardless, count your blessings. Similarly to Schwartz, we got the best candidate available. How often do we get to say that? Let alone twice in the same off-season.
Regardless, count your blessings. Similarly to Schwartz, we got the best candidate available. How often do we get to say that? Let alone twice in the same off-season.
So your telling me ? Our beloved Browns..
Didn't wait until the last minute to take who's ever leftover.. While interviewing 3 each, early in a coaching process
Didn't have to piss off the world paying guaranteed money up front to a somewhat pervert..and
Didn't have to use words of.. "We need a Adult in the room"
Excuse me... while I go run naked thru some Florida bushes ? I'll log back in Friday to see if any of this is still real
WELCOME BACK BUBBA ! ? LFG !
-
Schwartz is probably that guy. And I don’t think we need a deep playoff run, but I think we need to make the playoffs.
8-9 and 7-10 respectively were unacceptable given the roster we had.
It seems like the organization knew the DC had to go, Likely felt Preifer needed to go and he ultimately did, had to do what it needed to do to keep Callahan…and I think Stefanski probably got a put up or get the hell out speech.
I have to say I’m happy.
Won't say I'm happy but ever so "slightly' encouraged.. But... It's about Dubya's man..
-
Apparently Bubba deal is done, and he is also getting the title of assistant HC.
I though Callie Brownson held that title.. But then I thought I heard the other day shes coaching Receivers?... I haven't seen anything yet that says the Bubba deal is done beside a lot of interweb chatter......
I though Callie Brownson held that title.. But then I thought I heard the other day shes coaching Receivers?... I haven't seen anything yet that says the Bubba deal is done beside a lot of interweb chatter......
Official: Browns name Bubba Ventrone special teams coordinator and assistant head coach
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/23/browns-bubba-ventrone-official/
-
I though Callie Brownson held that title.. But then I thought I heard the other day shes coaching Receivers?... I haven't seen anything yet that says the Bubba deal is done beside a lot of interweb chatter......
Official: Browns name Bubba Ventrone special teams coordinator and assistant head coach
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/23/browns-bubba-ventrone-official/
Official: Browns name Bubba Ventrone special teams coordinator and assistant head coach
https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/23/browns-bubba-ventrone-official/
It also say the browns are looking at James Urban as OC coach... Interesting.. I thought that was AVP's responsibility.. Kevvy better give up play calling duties as well.. He sucks...
-
-
Run-game coordinator to DL coach. That was Schwartz's idea we assume?
Apparently Bubba deal is done, and he is also getting the title of assistant HC.
...and here we 'asume' again that the title assistant HC is because without it, it would've been a lateral move?
I remember when he played for us. And I remember that because of injuries, he had to play a couple/few times on the regular defense. And I think I recall thinking that he was slow. He recognized what was happening ok, but couldn't get there in time. - Villanova was his school.......I was skeptical about this at first......but he was a pretty good ST player......and he's been a ST coordinator for a handful of years now. Perhaps he knows a thing or two and can get us on track. I'm pullin' for him.
-
Just a word on lateral moves: I think all moves are considered lateral unless it is a move to head coach.
I also don't think the title asst head coach would be a indicator that Ray would take the head coach job if Stefanski is removed during the season. It might, but I don't think it is automatic.
-
Run-game coordinator to DL coach. That was Schwartz's idea we assume?
Apparently Bubba deal is done, and he is also getting the title of assistant HC.
...and here we 'asume' again that the title assistant HC is because without it, it would've been a lateral move?
I remember when he played for us. And I remember that because of injuries, he had to play a couple/few times on the regular defense. And I think I recall thinking that he was slow. He recognized what was happening ok, but couldn't get there in time. - Villanova was his school.......I was skeptical about this at first......but he was a pretty good ST player......and he's been a ST coordinator for a handful of years now. Perhaps he knows a thing or two and can get us on track. I'm pullin' for him.
-
-
-
Run-game coordinator to DL coach. That was Schwartz's idea we assume?
Apparently Bubba deal is done, and he is also getting the title of assistant HC.
...and here we 'asume' again that the title assistant HC is because without it, it would've been a lateral move?
I remember when he played for us. And I remember that because of injuries, he had to play a couple/few times on the regular defense. And I think I recall thinking that he was slow. He recognized what was happening ok, but couldn't get there in time. - Villanova was his school.......I was skeptical about this at first......but he was a pretty good ST player......and he's been a ST coordinator for a handful of years now. Perhaps he knows a thing or two and can get us on track. I'm pullin' for him.
Run-game coordinator to DL coach. That was Schwartz's idea we assume?
...and here we 'asume' again that the title assistant HC is because without it, it would've been a lateral move?
I remember when he played for us. And I remember that because of injuries, he had to play a couple/few times on the regular defense. And I think I recall thinking that he was slow. He recognized what was happening ok, but couldn't get there in time. - Villanova was his school.......I was skeptical about this at first......but he was a pretty good ST player......and he's been a ST coordinator for a handful of years now. Perhaps he knows a thing or two and can get us on track. I'm pullin' for him.
Calling it a lateral move is being kind. He had a great run with the Colts, which was noticed around the league, and even interviewed for their HC position a month ago. He is clearly on an upward trajectory. Without the Assistant HC label, the rest of the league would have probably seen more as a demotion.
We are both rooting for him. With The Browns seemingly making all the right moves so far, part of me is getting very excited for next season. With my years supporting the Browns increasing, and the seemingly inevitable heartbreak that comes along with that, that part of me is going: "Danger, Will Robinson!"
-
A talented young kicker and punter and potentially a lame duck HC where he could be next in line. Let’s discuss lateral move.
-
The WR changes have been the departures of Odell and Juice along with the addition of Cooper this year. That really isn't a point with any finality.
QB changes from 2020 went from Baker to Brissett. So that's about a wash. Actually Jacoby enjoyed one of his more statistically efficient seasons in CLE.
The Safety changes have been upgrading from, quite literally, the worst safety duo in the NFL during that 2020 season, so at least one that is about league average. Impressive.
DC has been Woods from 2020 to 2022. So there has been no change from the "high water mark", and I have zero idea where you were going with this.
Also, Ken Carmen, like most local sports talk show hosts, are hacks. Mary Kay with her columns, Ken, Grossi... Etc etc. If Carmen is your favorite, then I'd suggest looking for football talk with less sensationalism and more substance.
I’ll simplify this for you….Kev needs to win or he’s gone.
I’ll simplify this for you….Kev needs to win or he’s gone.
Probably true CD. When Kev arrived, a lot of the roster was from Dorsey's regime and he went 11-5 right? Coach of the Year material. He was put into a very crappy situation last year. The 1 thing the Browns SHOULD look at is did they hire him to be more of an OC than he is a HC? We don't know what they want from him; but his entire NFL background being only with 1 team assures us he's not exactly Andy Reid. In 1 respect, Stef coached up the most efficient season Jacoby Brissett had as an NFL fill-in starter. In other respects, Stefanski had zero clue that wind chills piercing 15 degrees below zero off the Lake was a bad enough day to throw that 3 passes were dropped in the end zone.
As this roster became more and more Andrew Berry's team - the record decreased to 9-8 and then 7-10. Now it's time to do what the Browns do every 2-3 years of bad personnel management - fire the coaches and 66% of the Coordinators with more of the fanbase wanting Stefanski gone too. As much as Schwartz excites me - he's gonna need better gridiron chess pieces at DT or he's gonna have losing teams like Atlanta running the ball down the Browns' esophagus while the top 4 LBers on our depth chart are on IR because of the bad personnel choices starting on the IDL.
Why is everyone giving Andrew Berry a free pass? He's drafted 2 offensive starters (Wills & DPJ) and only 1 of them plays like a keeper (and it's not the 10th overall pick). I think we're focusing more on the symptoms than the disease. We're not setting a gridiron chess table that allows us to be better than 7-10. This is a very big draft. A team like Seattle nailed the draft last year. They made the playoffs because of how much the drafted helped their running game; which made life a lot easier for Geno Smith and the passing game. Keep in mind, that was a team many (including me) thought would be playing the 2022 season for a shot at the 1st overall draft pick in 2023. That's how powerful the draft can be for teams that know what they're doing. Some of their previous post season/Super Bowl teams had a lot of mid-late round picks become very productive starters/Pro Bowl players. Because of that, they had a very healthy cap that enabled them to make the playoffs for more than just a season or 2.
If they screw up this draft, I don't think Stefanski should be the next guy fired regardless of how unpopular that statement is.
-
I’ll simplify this for you….Kev needs to win or he’s gone.
Probably true CD. When Kev arrived, a lot of the roster was from Dorsey's regime and he went 11-5 right? Coach of the Year material. He was put into a very crappy situation last year. The 1 thing the Browns SHOULD look at is did they hire him to be more of an OC than he is a HC? We don't know what they want from him; but his entire NFL background being only with 1 team assures us he's not exactly Andy Reid. In 1 respect, Stef coached up the most efficient season Jacoby Brissett had as an NFL fill-in starter. In other respects, Stefanski had zero clue that wind chills piercing 15 degrees below zero off the Lake was a bad enough day to throw that 3 passes were dropped in the end zone.
As this roster became more and more Andrew Berry's team - the record decreased to 9-8 and then 7-10. Now it's time to do what the Browns do every 2-3 years of bad personnel management - fire the coaches and 66% of the Coordinators with more of the fanbase wanting Stefanski gone too. As much as Schwartz excites me - he's gonna need better gridiron chess pieces at DT or he's gonna have losing teams like Atlanta running the ball down the Browns' esophagus while the top 4 LBers on our depth chart are on IR because of the bad personnel choices starting on the IDL.
Why is everyone giving Andrew Berry a free pass? He's drafted 2 offensive starters (Wills & DPJ) and only 1 of them plays like a keeper (and it's not the 10th overall pick). I think we're focusing more on the symptoms than the disease. We're not setting a gridiron chess table that allows us to be better than 7-10. This is a very big draft. A team like Seattle nailed the draft last year. They made the playoffs because of how much the drafted helped their running game; which made life a lot easier for Geno Smith and the passing game. Keep in mind, that was a team many (including me) thought would be playing the 2022 season for a shot at the 1st overall draft pick in 2023. That's how powerful the draft can be for teams that know what they're doing. Some of their previous post season/Super Bowl teams had a lot of mid-late round picks become very productive starters/Pro Bowl players. Because of that, they had a very healthy cap that enabled them to make the playoffs for more than just a season or 2.
If they screw up this draft, I don't think Stefanski should be the next guy fired regardless of how unpopular that statement is.
Probably true CD. When Kev arrived, a lot of the roster was from Dorsey's regime and he went 11-5 right? Coach of the Year material. He was put into a very crappy situation last year. The 1 thing the Browns SHOULD look at is did they hire him to be more of an OC than he is a HC? We don't know what they want from him; but his entire NFL background being only with 1 team assures us he's not exactly Andy Reid. In 1 respect, Stef coached up the most efficient season Jacoby Brissett had as an NFL fill-in starter. In other respects, Stefanski had zero clue that wind chills piercing 15 degrees below zero off the Lake was a bad enough day to throw that 3 passes were dropped in the end zone.
As this roster became more and more Andrew Berry's team - the record decreased to 9-8 and then 7-10. Now it's time to do what the Browns do every 2-3 years of bad personnel management - fire the coaches and 66% of the Coordinators with more of the fanbase wanting Stefanski gone too. As much as Schwartz excites me - he's gonna need better gridiron chess pieces at DT or he's gonna have losing teams like Atlanta running the ball down the Browns' esophagus while the top 4 LBers on our depth chart are on IR because of the bad personnel choices starting on the IDL.
Why is everyone giving Andrew Berry a free pass? He's drafted 2 offensive starters (Wills & DPJ) and only 1 of them plays like a keeper (and it's not the 10th overall pick). I think we're focusing more on the symptoms than the disease. We're not setting a gridiron chess table that allows us to be better than 7-10. This is a very big draft. A team like Seattle nailed the draft last year. They made the playoffs because of how much the drafted helped their running game; which made life a lot easier for Geno Smith and the passing game. Keep in mind, that was a team many (including me) thought would be playing the 2022 season for a shot at the 1st overall draft pick in 2023. That's how powerful the draft can be for teams that know what they're doing. Some of their previous post season/Super Bowl teams had a lot of mid-late round picks become very productive starters/Pro Bowl players. Because of that, they had a very healthy cap that enabled them to make the playoffs for more than just a season or 2.
If they screw up this draft, I don't think Stefanski should be the next guy fired regardless of how unpopular that statement is.
I think most head coaches...for a good while now are more or less over 1 side of the ball, defer to the coordinator on the other side of the ball, then do the game management stuff and administrative things.
How long has having coordinators been a thing? It's been since then that all new head coaches come up as a specialist on one side of the ball or the other. I don't think anybody has been an offensive and defensive coordinator.
That said, I doubt Stefanski could even call the defense. I doubt he is all that fluent in the language spoken on that side of the ball, and that isn't just our coach.
Now, a head coach might go to the coordinator and say we need to get more pressure, or now is the time to play safe, but I don't think they call what biltz or coverage to run.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
