Skip to content

2023 Off-Season Free Agent moves/signings

The Browns Board
301 25 13.8k 1
  • @gumby73 said:

    download.jpg.52fc2fb1b58045a0d62fb51b35f67608.jpg     download.jpg.8523e188e77edb5fbeea040fd1cc85dc.jpg   YES !  We had some doubts...

    Me included

    JOB WELL DONE ANDREW BERRY !  

    Sorry but winning the off season doesn't excite me much...

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Sorry but winning the off season doesn't excite me much...

    Being a miserable twat, on the other hand... 

  • @nickers said:

    Sorry but winning the off season doesn't excite me much...

    yes nick, we know nickers..  🙂

    but, passing on youth & not drafting 6-8 more was a.. win/win(FA) for Andrew Berry 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    yes nick, we know nickers..  🙂

    but, passing on youth & not drafting 6-8 more was a.. win/win(FA) for Andrew Berry 

    What does he win?.. A pat on the patoot?.. Woweeee!... "Hey look at my shiny new bicycle everybody" Meh.... Time keeps on tickin'....

  • @gumby73 said:

    yes nick, we know nickers..  🙂

    but, passing on youth & not drafting 6-8 more was a.. win/win(FA) for Andrew Berry 

    What does he win?.. A pat on the patoot?.. Woweeee!... "Hey look at my shiny new bicycle everybody" Meh.... Time keeps on tickin'....

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Time keeps on tickin'....

    put 5-6 draftees on this team starting at pick #40.. Where ya gonna put'em & who ya cutting? 

    time, said to win now, and not do it sitting on the clock ..

    Aren't you tired of watching Haslam fire everybody but himself?

  • @gumby73 said:

    download.jpg.52fc2fb1b58045a0d62fb51b35f67608.jpg     download.jpg.8523e188e77edb5fbeea040fd1cc85dc.jpg   YES !  We had some doubts...

    Me included

    JOB WELL DONE ANDREW BERRY !  

    Sorry but winning the off season doesn't excite me much...

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd

    @nickers said:

    Sorry but winning the off season doesn't excite me much...

    but losing it does ?

  • @nickers said:

    Time keeps on tickin'....

    put 5-6 draftees on this team starting at pick #40.. Where ya gonna put'em & who ya cutting? 

    time, said to win now, and not do it sitting on the clock ..

    Aren't you tired of watching Haslam fire everybody but himself?

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    put 5-6 draftees on this team starting at pick #40.. Where ya gonna put'em & who ya cutting? 

    time, said to win now, and not do it sitting on the clock ..

    Aren't you tired of watching Haslam fire everybody but himself?

    As do bears shit in da woods!

  • @nickers said:

    Sorry but winning the off season doesn't excite me much...

    yes nick, we know nickers..  🙂

    but, passing on youth & not drafting 6-8 more was a.. win/win(FA) for Andrew Berry 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    yes nick, we know nickers..  🙂

    but, passing on youth & not drafting 6-8 more was a.. win/win(FA) for Andrew Berry 

    and hopefully we can trade some of those picks for next years draft unless I mean unless there is someone we will package picks up for ? I dunno I would rather get extra picks for next years draft

  • @gumby73 said:

    put 5-6 draftees on this team starting at pick #40.. Where ya gonna put'em & who ya cutting? 

    time, said to win now, and not do it sitting on the clock ..

    Aren't you tired of watching Haslam fire everybody but himself?

    As do bears shit in da woods!

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

     da woods!

    A Browns coach finally gets to put a decent staff together, not waiting on any playoff teams, while other coaches come off the hiring list...

    Not this time...

    It's poker night ! Dealing starts at 9pm.. See ya boyz.. Go Browns !

  • @gumby73 said:

    this feels like, if berry announced a move before Wednesday? It would piss off owners,NFL and Media..

    F'em Berry! Load this squad up !?Go Browns!

    download.jpg.52fc2fb1b58045a0d62fb51b35f67608.jpg     download.jpg.8523e188e77edb5fbeea040fd1cc85dc.jpg   YES !  We had some doubts...

    Me included

    JOB WELL DONE ANDREW BERRY !  

    What did Elijah Moore cost the #Browns?
     
    Using the Fitzgerald-Spielberger Trade Chart (Analytics)
    #42 - 1106
    #74 - 819 So effectively given up pick 211 for Moore
     
    Using Jimmy Johnson Trade Chart
    #42 - 480
    #74 - 220 So effectively given up pick 66
     
    Great value by AB 
    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @gumby73 said:

    Using Jimmy Johnson Trade Chart
    #42 - 480
    #74 - 220 So effectively given up pick 66

    This coincides with Draftek.  Which means his value is 3rd pick in the 3rd round.  (Jets drafted him with pick 34)

    I look at it this way, we gave up pick #42 for this guy.  His stats with the Jets aren't great or anything...he's 5' 10" @ 178 lb., which is smurf-like.  (he's a Brown now, so he's Elf-like)  He caught 56% of his targets with the Jets.  I dunno...I'm not sure that Elijah is our WR savior.  I'm crossing my fingers.

    Now where does this leave us at LB'er?   Pick 74?  

  • VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by

    Linebacker Anthony Walker re-signs with Browns

    https://sports.yahoo.com/linebacker-anthony-walker-signs-browns-040104631.html++

    Jaguars signing former Browns RB D'Ernest Johnson to one-year contract

    https://www.nfl.com/news/jaguars-signing-former-browns-rb-d-ernest-johnson-to-one-year-contract

  • @gumby73 said:

    Using Jimmy Johnson Trade Chart
    #42 - 480
    #74 - 220 So effectively given up pick 66

    This coincides with Draftek.  Which means his value is 3rd pick in the 3rd round.  (Jets drafted him with pick 34)

    I look at it this way, we gave up pick #42 for this guy.  His stats with the Jets aren't great or anything...he's 5' 10" @ 178 lb., which is smurf-like.  (he's a Brown now, so he's Elf-like)  He caught 56% of his targets with the Jets.  I dunno...I'm not sure that Elijah is our WR savior.  I'm crossing my fingers.

    Now where does this leave us at LB'er?   Pick 74?  

    Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 very fair point about the prevalence of nickle and dime sets. 

    @orion said:

    This coincides with Draftek.  Which means his value is 3rd pick in the 3rd round.  (Jets drafted him with pick 34)

    I look at it this way, we gave up pick #42 for this guy.  His stats with the Jets aren't great or anything...he's 5' 10" @ 178 lb., which is smurf-like.  (he's a Brown now, so he's Elf-like)  He caught 56% of his targets with the Jets.  I dunno...I'm not sure that Elijah is our WR savior.  I'm crossing my fingers.

    Now where does this leave us at LB'er?   Pick 74?  

    I'm with you on this one. Internet commentators and analytics guys are going nuts about the value of this trade. And while I have preached the gospel of value going into this off-season, I'm struggling to get any more than lukewarm about this trade. 

    Moore seems like your typical slot/ speed guy. It seems that DPJ will be our WR2 on the outside for one more season, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Where does that leave Bell, who I am higher on most of the comments I have seen on here? He has a similar height and build as DPJ, so maybe he might be getting reps on the outside as well? 

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    Expected nothing less..

    Outside media markets, only want to talk about this trade from the Jets side ?.. Packers still not budging that cap number

    In division..

    Lamar wants out.. not a team wants to do what the Ravens could have done in years past.

    Bengals & Stoolers still have other OL issues.

    AFCN sleeping giant ?   ?   HD-wallpaper-sleeping-giant-giant-digital-abstract-art-sleeping-fantasy.jpg.8ea5bce4a1eb374990a5846011f3bf8e.jpg

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

  • VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by

    Marquise Goodwin agrees to one-year deal with Browns

    Posted by Myles Simmons on March 24, 2023, 2:24 PM EDT
     

    Cleveland has reached a one-year agreement with Marquise Goodwin, according to multiple reports.

    Goodwin, 32, spent last season with the Seahawks. He caught 27 passes for 387 yards with four touchdowns in 13 games with two starts.

    A third-round pick in the 2013 draft, Goodwin spent his first four seasons with Buffalo before signing with the 49ers in free agency in 2017. That was his best season, as he started all 16 games for San Francisco and caught 56 passes for 962 yards with a pair of touchdowns.

    Though Cleveland had Amari Cooper and Donovan Peoples-Jones under contract at receiver, the club needed some more depth at the position. Now the Browns have added Moore and Goodwin this week to work with quarterback Deshaun Watson.

    The Browns also have eight picks in the 2023 draft, starting with No. 74 overall in the third round.

  • sydS syd

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    I like the speed displayed in the video.

  • @syd said:

    I like the speed displayed in the video.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    I like the speed displayed in the video.

    talk is of him playing in the slot but i can see him on the outside as well

  • Marquise Goodwin agrees to one-year deal with Browns

    Posted by Myles Simmons on March 24, 2023, 2:24 PM EDT
     

    Cleveland has reached a one-year agreement with Marquise Goodwin, according to multiple reports.

    Goodwin, 32, spent last season with the Seahawks. He caught 27 passes for 387 yards with four touchdowns in 13 games with two starts.

    A third-round pick in the 2013 draft, Goodwin spent his first four seasons with Buffalo before signing with the 49ers in free agency in 2017. That was his best season, as he started all 16 games for San Francisco and caught 56 passes for 962 yards with a pair of touchdowns.

    Though Cleveland had Amari Cooper and Donovan Peoples-Jones under contract at receiver, the club needed some more depth at the position. Now the Browns have added Moore and Goodwin this week to work with quarterback Deshaun Watson.

    The Browns also have eight picks in the 2023 draft, starting with No. 74 overall in the third round.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @vambo said:

    Goodwin, 32, spent last season with the Seahawks. He caught 27 passes for 387 yards with four touchdowns in 13 games with two starts.

    which is what i would expect of him ? is doe's he still have any wheels left ?

  • @gumby73 said:

    Using Jimmy Johnson Trade Chart
    #42 - 480
    #74 - 220 So effectively given up pick 66

    This coincides with Draftek.  Which means his value is 3rd pick in the 3rd round.  (Jets drafted him with pick 34)

    I look at it this way, we gave up pick #42 for this guy.  His stats with the Jets aren't great or anything...he's 5' 10" @ 178 lb., which is smurf-like.  (he's a Brown now, so he's Elf-like)  He caught 56% of his targets with the Jets.  I dunno...I'm not sure that Elijah is our WR savior.  I'm crossing my fingers.

    Now where does this leave us at LB'er?   Pick 74?  

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    This coincides with Draftek.  Which means his value is 3rd pick in the 3rd round.  (Jets drafted him with pick 34)

    I look at it this way, we gave up pick #42 for this guy.  His stats with the Jets aren't great or anything...he's 5' 10" @ 178 lb., which is smurf-like.  (he's a Brown now, so he's Elf-like)  He caught 56% of his targets with the Jets.  I dunno...I'm not sure that Elijah is our WR savior.  I'm crossing my fingers.

    Now where does this leave us at LB'er?   Pick 74?  

    I don't think he is being looked at as a savior.  Just a new addition to a new O.

    We have to remember we brought in Bill Musgrave.  He has a strong background with the  WCO.  It isn't as heavy on the vertical and employs a vertical component.  Moore is well suited to the horizontal game.  He has plenty of speed, but more important is he is elite when it come to quick burst.  He can get open quickly, something I feel we have lacked.  He has also shown the ability to find the soft spots in a zone.

    Obviously much depends on how he is used but I can see him catching near 80 balls this season.  YAC is going dictate his yardage because he probably isn't going to be running a lot of fly routes as his primary role.  He will work the horizontal routes

  • @orion said:

    This coincides with Draftek.  Which means his value is 3rd pick in the 3rd round.  (Jets drafted him with pick 34)

    I look at it this way, we gave up pick #42 for this guy.  His stats with the Jets aren't great or anything...he's 5' 10" @ 178 lb., which is smurf-like.  (he's a Brown now, so he's Elf-like)  He caught 56% of his targets with the Jets.  I dunno...I'm not sure that Elijah is our WR savior.  I'm crossing my fingers.

    Now where does this leave us at LB'er?   Pick 74?  

    I don't think he is being looked at as a savior.  Just a new addition to a new O.

    We have to remember we brought in Bill Musgrave.  He has a strong background with the  WCO.  It isn't as heavy on the vertical and employs a vertical component.  Moore is well suited to the horizontal game.  He has plenty of speed, but more important is he is elite when it come to quick burst.  He can get open quickly, something I feel we have lacked.  He has also shown the ability to find the soft spots in a zone.

    Obviously much depends on how he is used but I can see him catching near 80 balls this season.  YAC is going dictate his yardage because he probably isn't going to be running a lot of fly routes as his primary role.  He will work the horizontal routes

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @ballpeen said:

    more important is he is elite when it come to quick burst.  He can get open quickly, something I feel we have lacked.

    Right.  We haven't had the Wes Welker / Eddleman type that can catch 10 balls a game.   We DO need someone that you can count on to get open.  -  savior was a reference to the biblical character...rye humor

  • @ballpeen said:

    more important is he is elite when it come to quick burst.  He can get open quickly, something I feel we have lacked.

    Right.  We haven't had the Wes Welker / Eddleman type that can catch 10 balls a game.   We DO need someone that you can count on to get open.  -  savior was a reference to the biblical character...rye humor

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    Right.  We haven't had the Wes Welker / Eddleman type that can catch 10 balls a game.   We DO need someone that you can count on to get open.  -  savior was a reference to the biblical character...rye humor

    ah. NOW we MUST HAVE a wr who can GET OPEN?

    GREAT !!! LOL.

  • @orion said:

    Right.  We haven't had the Wes Welker / Eddleman type that can catch 10 balls a game.   We DO need someone that you can count on to get open.  -  savior was a reference to the biblical character...rye humor

    ah. NOW we MUST HAVE a wr who can GET OPEN?

    GREAT !!! LOL.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @calfoxwc said:

    ah. NOW we MUST HAVE a wr who can GET OPEN?

    GREAT !!! LOL.

    This gripe still loses me... 

    What's your WR corp grade when Baker had OBJ/ Landry & DPJ ?  No one can project they'd all get injured..

    I still can't admit Baker would be more accurate than Burrow, if Bake played with the Bengals WR corp..

    Bake's simply, not Joe Burrow at hitting fast moving targets