Skip to content

Wide Receiver

The Browns Board
175 21 6.7k 1
  • Don't give up on Bell so early. While he's not a "burner" he could be a Brian Brennan style WR. He makes some tough catches in traffic.

    @bob806 said:

    Don't give up on Bell so early. While he's not a "burner" he could be a Brian Brennan style WR. He makes some tough catches in traffic.

    His body type and style are reminiscent of "Juice" Jarvis Landry...

  • @ballpeen said:

    No doubt about Schwartz.  If he doesn't ball out in camp, I don't see any way he sticks. 

    The fact is when the rubber meets the road he's a choker. He may ball out in camp, but so far he has the dropsies in real games. Waste of a 53 IMO.

    @texasag1969 said:

    The fact is when the rubber meets the road he's a choker. He may ball out in camp, but so far he has the dropsies in real games. Waste of a 53 IMO.

    Call it what you want.  I will say that if the guy plays well in camp, I wouldn't just summarily dismiss him based on a feeling.

    That said, I have already said he shouldn't stick, so we don't disagree.  If he didn't perform well while he was still a rookie or 2nd year player and didn't have much pressure on him from the staff, I don't think that will change now that he is up against the wall.

  • @orion said:

    That was an awful period of the Browns.....Ray Farmer and Mike Pettine.  Two dopes.  Now I'm pissed and will probably cut someone off in traffic on my way to work, in two minutes.  Thanks for that gumby!  🙂 

    You are getting to the age where you are probably already pissed just going to work, so what else is new??

    @ballpeen said:

    You are getting to the age where you are probably already pissed just going to work, so what else is new??

    Beyond the age.  And I should be retired...'cept I like guitars too much, and ride a cart for 18 a week, etc.....and I have the easiest job in the world with good benefits and plenty of time off.  So....maybe January.

    @bob806 said:

    Don't give up on Bell so early.

    Yeah, too early for that.  He get's this season at the least.

  • Don't give up on Bell so early. While he's not a "burner" he could be a Brian Brennan style WR. He makes some tough catches in traffic.

    @bob806 said:

    Don't give up on Bell so early. While he's not a "burner" he could be a Brian Brennan style WR. He makes some tough catches in traffic.

    Hopefully he comes through, because the WR unit starts looking pretty thin in the future if he doesn't.

    DPJ is a free agent after this season and Schwartz might be lucky to make the team. 

  • @bob806 said:

    Don't give up on Bell so early. While he's not a "burner" he could be a Brian Brennan style WR. He makes some tough catches in traffic.

    Hopefully he comes through, because the WR unit starts looking pretty thin in the future if he doesn't.

    DPJ is a free agent after this season and Schwartz might be lucky to make the team. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Hopefully he comes through, because the WR unit starts looking pretty thin in the future if he doesn't.

    DPJ is a free agent after this season and Schwartz might be lucky to make the team. 

    At this point, Schwartz not making it doesn't make us any thinner.  It can only go up if the guy has somehow learned to catch, which I doubt since most people learn how to do that when they are 9 years old. 

    If you were never hit in the face by a baseball, you never learned to catch or learned at an early age.

    I'd make Schwarts field about 50 fly balls.  If he can't catch or at least track them, forget him.  If you can run 25 yards and catch a baseball, a football is easy peasy.

  • Marquise Goodwin stopped in for a visit.  That would be a good affordable pickup.  I mentioned him mid season last year.  World class speed and a veteran who has stuck around for awhile. 

  • The Browns trading for Jerry Jeudy rumors are the turd that just won't flush.

    Latest one I saw is the Browns trading #42 and Greg Newsome for him. That seems STEEP.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Hopefully he comes through, because the WR unit starts looking pretty thin in the future if he doesn't.

    DPJ is a free agent after this season and Schwartz might be lucky to make the team. 

    At this point, Schwartz not making it doesn't make us any thinner.  It can only go up if the guy has somehow learned to catch, which I doubt since most people learn how to do that when they are 9 years old. 

    If you were never hit in the face by a baseball, you never learned to catch or learned at an early age.

    I'd make Schwarts field about 50 fly balls.  If he can't catch or at least track them, forget him.  If you can run 25 yards and catch a baseball, a football is easy peasy.

    @ballpeen said:

    learned to catch, which I doubt since most people learn how to do that when they are 9 years old. 

    With some people, self preservation is the issue.  They're afraid of getting hit...so they lose concentration and look for someone who's going to tackle them before actually catching the ball.  Braylon Edwards was a great example of that.  Derick Anderson could throw a bomb over the top and Edwards would make these truly great catches.  But to catch an easy ball over the middle for a 1st down.....he drops it...because he's afraid he might get a boo-boo.  And Schwartz is a skinny guy...who's gotten hit and hurt, who's gotten hit and concussed.  It's probably hard for him to suppress the self preservation reflex.   

  • Marquise Goodwin stopped in for a visit.  That would be a good affordable pickup.  I mentioned him mid season last year.  World class speed and a veteran who has stuck around for awhile. 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Marquise Goodwin stopped in for a visit.  That would be a good affordable pickup.  I mentioned him mid season last year.  World class speed and a veteran who has stuck around for awhile. 

    With a cap of around 9m left.. This might be the best we can do ?

    Goodwin played with Geno Smith at the Hawks last season.. Durable in 13 games, with over 400 snaps .. 4 TD's.. played last season for 1.275M.. age 32 until Nov .. 

    Good WR3.. adds Injury insurance to the room 

  • Elijah Moore, welcome to the club. Had a horrible qb last year. Will get way more opportunities here

  • Elijah Moore, welcome to the club. Had a horrible qb last year. Will get way more opportunities here

    @typicalbrowns50 said:

    Elijah Moore, welcome to the club. Had a horrible qb last year. Will get way more opportunities here

    Which is why they need a higher draft pick in dealing for Rodgers.

    OH, and adios Schwartz. Last of the dropped easy catches hopefully.

  • @typicalbrowns50 said:

    Elijah Moore, welcome to the club. Had a horrible qb last year. Will get way more opportunities here

    Which is why they need a higher draft pick in dealing for Rodgers.

    OH, and adios Schwartz. Last of the dropped easy catches hopefully.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Which is why they need a higher draft pick in dealing for Rodgers.

    Is this guy going to be better than Bell or Mike Woods?

    I'm skeptical, sorry. Trading our picks has been a disaster. 

    Well, some of our picks have been a disaster.

  • Moore is precisely the kind of receiver they needed. Real burner. Cheap. Young. Great compliment. 
     

    Fuck I’m excited. These bastards are reeling me back. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Which is why they need a higher draft pick in dealing for Rodgers.

    Is this guy going to be better than Bell or Mike Woods?

    I'm skeptical, sorry. Trading our picks has been a disaster. 

    Well, some of our picks have been a disaster.

    @bob806 said:

    Is this guy going to be better than Bell or Mike Woods?

    I'm skeptical, sorry. Trading our picks has been a disaster. 

    Well, some of our picks have been a disaster.

    In this case we just traded back about 30 spots to get Moore. I think this is a low risk move for a player with potential, speed, and low contract.

  • Wow, I love this Elijah Moore trade. Great move for a young WR with a lot of potential at a cheap cost. 

  • Great move.. Upgrades at every position are always important, and today WR3 and therefore also WR4 are better than they were yesterday.

  • Moore is 22…may as well be a draft pick he’s as old as some of them. 
     

  • Moore is 22…may as well be a draft pick he’s as old as some of them. 
     

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Moore is 22…may as well be a draft pick he’s as old as some of them. 
     

    with NFL experience another steal, Cooper last year Cleveland again is the place where other teams go to lose in  WR'S trades

  • He's a smurf.  (an Elf, since he's a Brown now).  5' 10"  179 lb.     56%  catch percentage.   I don't see him as being 'the answer'.   (Elijah, the savior)

    ...and now our first pick is in total crap-shoot land.  3rd round.    But...at least they're attacking the spots that we all hoped they would.  Be good Elijah, we need ya to be good.

  • He's a smurf.  (an Elf, since he's a Brown now).  5' 10"  179 lb.     56%  catch percentage.   I don't see him as being 'the answer'.   (Elijah, the savior)

    ...and now our first pick is in total crap-shoot land.  3rd round.    But...at least they're attacking the spots that we all hoped they would.  Be good Elijah, we need ya to be good.

    @orion said:

    He's a smurf.  (an Elf, since he's a Brown now).  5' 10"  179 lb.     56%  catch percentage.   I don't see him as being 'the answer'.   (Elijah, the savior)

    ...and now our first pick is in total crap-shoot land.  3rd round.    But...at least they're attacking the spots that we all hoped they would.  Be good Elijah, we need ya to be good.

    We aren’t asking him to be the answer.  Just eat up the 2nd and 3rd best corners and be a decoy at times and stretch the field. 
     

    i don’t like the negative attitude he had last year though