Skip to content

Deshaun Watson at ota's

The Browns Board
43 11 2.2k 1
  • Tee shirts and shorts are a poor barometer.. Let me know when he does something of merit on the field in full NFL regalia... Fluff reporting does nothing for me...

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
    #6

    @nickers said:

    Tee shirts and shorts are a poor barometer.. Let me know when he does something of merit on the field in full NFL regalia... Fluff reporting does nothing for me...

    No doubt Nick, but once you understand what it is, then you can go from there.  Camp is a process.  Go with the process and you can see the positives.  I mean, if we weren't looking good in the part of the process where you should look good, that wouldn't be a concern?

    Come on buddy, you know darn good and well it would.

    Sometimes, it doesn't hurt to feel good about things..tee's and shorts are a good barometer if tees and shorts are the baseline.

  • @nickers said:

    Tee shirts and shorts are a poor barometer.. Let me know when he does something of merit on the field in full NFL regalia... Fluff reporting does nothing for me...

    No doubt Nick, but once you understand what it is, then you can go from there.  Camp is a process.  Go with the process and you can see the positives.  I mean, if we weren't looking good in the part of the process where you should look good, that wouldn't be a concern?

    Come on buddy, you know darn good and well it would.

    Sometimes, it doesn't hurt to feel good about things..tee's and shorts are a good barometer if tees and shorts are the baseline.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @ballpeen said:

    No doubt Nick, but once you understand what it is, then you can go from there.  Camp is a process.  Go with the process and you can see the positives.  I mean, if we weren't looking good in the part of the process where you should look good, that wouldn't be a concern?

    Come on buddy, you know darn good and well it would.

    Sometimes, it doesn't hurt to feel good about things..

    based on last year.. we don't look good..

  • @ballpeen said:

    No doubt Nick, but once you understand what it is, then you can go from there.  Camp is a process.  Go with the process and you can see the positives.  I mean, if we weren't looking good in the part of the process where you should look good, that wouldn't be a concern?

    Come on buddy, you know darn good and well it would.

    Sometimes, it doesn't hurt to feel good about things..

    based on last year.. we don't look good..

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @nickers said:

    based on last year.. we don't look good..

    I need you to qualify that.  I am not sure what you are saying?

  • @nickers said:

    based on last year.. we don't look good..

    I need you to qualify that.  I am not sure what you are saying?

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #9

    @ballpeen said:

    I need you to qualify that.  I am not sure what you are saying?

    The record disqualifies everything.. remember Parcells said... "U iz what yo record sez u iz"

  • @ballpeen said:

    I need you to qualify that.  I am not sure what you are saying?

    The record disqualifies everything.. remember Parcells said... "U iz what yo record sez u iz"

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @nickers said:

    The record disqualifies everything.. remember Parcells said... "U iz what yo record sez u iz"

    Cool, but you are comparing last regular season to this seasons 1st mandatory camp.  I don't know if that is a fair comparison

     or standard to use.

    Maybe starting comparing season to season when the games are real.

  • @nickers said:

    The record disqualifies everything.. remember Parcells said... "U iz what yo record sez u iz"

    Cool, but you are comparing last regular season to this seasons 1st mandatory camp.  I don't know if that is a fair comparison

     or standard to use.

    Maybe starting comparing season to season when the games are real.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @ballpeen said:

    Cool, but you are comparing last regular season to this seasons 1st mandatory camp.  I don't know if that is a fair comparison

     or standard to use.

    Maybe starting comparing season to season when the games are real.

    They suck until they don't suck... Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

  • @ballpeen said:

    Cool, but you are comparing last regular season to this seasons 1st mandatory camp.  I don't know if that is a fair comparison

     or standard to use.

    Maybe starting comparing season to season when the games are real.

    They suck until they don't suck... Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @nickers said:

    They suck until they don't suck... Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

    It's not hard to grasp.

  • @orion said:

    Good to hear that Watson is looking good on day 1.

    No doubt.  This time of year, you don't want to hear anything else.  At this point it is still passing camp.  See your receiver and hit him.  

    When watching the tapes available, it looks like the QB can look around for 5-6 seconds.  At some point, it if was the coach I would start blowing whistles at 4.5 seconds and call a sack.

    But in fairness, the QB can't just roll out as he feels the 4 second clock closing and buy a few more seconds.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @ballpeen said:

    I would start blowing whistles at 4.5 seconds and call a sack.

    Heck, they so something similar during my 7 yr old grandson's flag football games.  Make Watson et all get through their progressions quickly and get the ball out...like in real life.  I mean, there's nobody going to hit them, so put a little pressure on them to get the ball out on time.  

    I glimpsed a headline earlier (at work, cough) that Stef said some really good things about what Tillman has been showing so far.  That's also quite good to hear.  

  • Tee shirts and shorts are a poor barometer.. Let me know when he does something of merit on the field in full NFL regalia... Fluff reporting does nothing for me...

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @nickers said:

    Tee shirts and shorts are a poor barometer.. Let me know when he does something of merit on the field in full NFL regalia... Fluff reporting does nothing for me...

    no dumbass he is exactly where he should be 

    compared to this

  • sydS syd

    @nickers said:

    Tee shirts and shorts are a poor barometer.. Let me know when he does something of merit on the field in full NFL regalia... Fluff reporting does nothing for me...

    no dumbass he is exactly where he should be 

    compared to this

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @syd said:

    no dumbass he is exactly where he should be 

    compared to this

    Its all fluff at this point.. Lets see the body of work good or bad for both at seasons end... only then a tale can be told...

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd
    #16

    na man it's what a good qb should look  like. unlike what we have had in the past

    also you would have been patting yourself on the back if he looked like shit

  • VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
    #17
    Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot
    #Browns Deshaun Watson to Donovan Peoples-Jones for the red zone TD in 7/7s. DPJ has had an excellent minicamp
    Camryn Justice@camijustice
    Elijah Moore with an insane TD catch from Deshaun Watson. #Browns
  • @syd said:

    no dumbass he is exactly where he should be 

    compared to this

    Its all fluff at this point.. Lets see the body of work good or bad for both at seasons end... only then a tale can be told...

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #18

    @nickers said:

    Its all fluff at this point.. Lets see the body of work good or bad for both at seasons end... only then a tale can be told...

    Nicks, ANY QB that shows up for a 1st start in week 12 on a brand new team (after missing all of the previous season)- will be rusty aside from starting from square 1 with chemistry.  That was the only season he struggled; so it's important to keep the why (it was so) in mind.  There are no distractions this year.  It's okay to hope a QB of our favorite team succeeds here.  

    When adversity strikes, good leaders shine - bad ones point fingers everywhere but thyself...  Watson won a National Championship against a defense loaded with high round draft picks.  

  • sydS syd

    na man it's what a good qb should look  like. unlike what we have had in the past

    also you would have been patting yourself on the back if he looked like shit

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @syd said:

    na man it's what a good qb should look  like. unlike what we have had in the past

    also you would have been patting yourself on the back if he looked like shit

    nickers is correct, it is only them in shorts running around in non-contact passing drills. I'm glad he looks good, but I doubt it really means much.

    You are correct Sid, though, that if Watson looked bad, nickers would be doing cartwheels telling everyone how he told them he's overrated.  

  • @nickers said:

    Its all fluff at this point.. Lets see the body of work good or bad for both at seasons end... only then a tale can be told...

    Nicks, ANY QB that shows up for a 1st start in week 12 on a brand new team (after missing all of the previous season)- will be rusty aside from starting from square 1 with chemistry.  That was the only season he struggled; so it's important to keep the why (it was so) in mind.  There are no distractions this year.  It's okay to hope a QB of our favorite team succeeds here.  

    When adversity strikes, good leaders shine - bad ones point fingers everywhere but thyself...  Watson won a National Championship against a defense loaded with high round draft picks.  

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @flugel said:

    Nicks, ANY QB that shows up for a 1st start in week 12 on a brand new team (after missing all of the previous season)- will be rusty aside from starting from square 1 with chemistry.  That was the only season he struggled; so it's important to keep the why (it was so) in mind.  There are no distractions this year.  It's okay to hope a QB of our favorite team succeeds here.  

    When adversity strikes, good leaders shine - bad ones point fingers everywhere but thyself...  Watson won a National Championship against a defense loaded with high round draft picks.  

    Again Tom.. I want to see it in real time in pads with defenders chasing him.. That is really a true measuring stick... Guys practicing in tees and shorts tells us nothing at this point...  So far hes produced seasons of 4-12 ans 7-10 and sat out almost 2 years... Again.. Talk is cheap... They paid him big money... Now start playing like it..

  • @flugel said:

    Nicks, ANY QB that shows up for a 1st start in week 12 on a brand new team (after missing all of the previous season)- will be rusty aside from starting from square 1 with chemistry.  That was the only season he struggled; so it's important to keep the why (it was so) in mind.  There are no distractions this year.  It's okay to hope a QB of our favorite team succeeds here.  

    When adversity strikes, good leaders shine - bad ones point fingers everywhere but thyself...  Watson won a National Championship against a defense loaded with high round draft picks.  

    Again Tom.. I want to see it in real time in pads with defenders chasing him.. That is really a true measuring stick... Guys practicing in tees and shorts tells us nothing at this point...  So far hes produced seasons of 4-12 ans 7-10 and sat out almost 2 years... Again.. Talk is cheap... They paid him big money... Now start playing like it..

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @nickers said:

    Again Tom.. I want to see it in real time in pads with defenders chasing him.. That is really a true measuring stick... Guys practicing in tees and shorts tells us nothing at this point...  So far hes produced seasons of 4-12 ans 7-10 and sat out almost 2 years... Again.. Talk is cheap... They paid him big money... Now start playing like it..

    It does tell you something.  Like I said before, you have to keep it in the perspective of what it is and what it is for.

    Being good at the end is the result of being good along the way.  Camp is a step by step process just as the season is a 17 step process.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    While good news beats the alternative, I'd caution against anyone using the Browns mouthpiece(s) as their anchor point.

    I'm not sure how much of it they edited out, but do remember that you could hear my (muffled, but bold) laugh when I was 20ft from Nathan Zagura recording a training camp report on how "RG3 LOOKS FANTASTIC".     That was..... 2016?

  • @syd said:

    na man it's what a good qb should look  like. unlike what we have had in the past

    also you would have been patting yourself on the back if he looked like shit

    nickers is correct, it is only them in shorts running around in non-contact passing drills. I'm glad he looks good, but I doubt it really means much.

    You are correct Sid, though, that if Watson looked bad, nickers would be doing cartwheels telling everyone how he told them he's overrated.  

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @dutch-oven said:

    nickers is correct, it is only them in shorts running around in non-contact passing drills. I'm glad he looks good, but I doubt it really means much.

    You are correct Sid, though, that if Watson looked bad, nickers would be doing cartwheels telling everyone how he told them he's overrated.  

    since are return I have never scene a qb look so good in ota's.... balls were either in the dirt or over their heads

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    nickers is correct, it is only them in shorts running around in non-contact passing drills. I'm glad he looks good, but I doubt it really means much.

    You are correct Sid, though, that if Watson looked bad, nickers would be doing cartwheels telling everyone how he told them he's overrated.  

    since are return I have never scene a qb look so good in ota's.... balls were either in the dirt or over their heads

    VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @syd said:

    since are return I have never scene a qb look so good in ota's.... balls were either in the dirt or over their heads

    ESPN Cleveland@ESPNCleveland
    "He looks like the Deshaun Watson that we talked about from the years that he led the NFL in passing," - @JRCherry3 on what he saw at Browns mini-camp this week.
  • While good news beats the alternative, I'd caution against anyone using the Browns mouthpiece(s) as their anchor point.

    I'm not sure how much of it they edited out, but do remember that you could hear my (muffled, but bold) laugh when I was 20ft from Nathan Zagura recording a training camp report on how "RG3 LOOKS FANTASTIC".     That was..... 2016?

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
    #25

    @tiamat63 said:

    While good news beats the alternative, I'd caution against anyone using the Browns mouthpiece(s) as their anchor point.

    I'm not sure how much of it they edited out, but do remember that you could hear my (muffled, but bold) laugh when I was 20ft from Nathan Zagura recording a training camp report on how "RG3 LOOKS FANTASTIC".     That was..... 2016?

    No doubt.  That is why I said you have to keep it in perspective.  Also, the reports seem to be wide ranging, so I don't think it is all through the team mouthpiece.

    No matter.  The reports are good.  Now we will see how all of that transitions to training camp next month.