2023 Browns Training Camp
-
Only thing of worth from day 2 to track, is how long it takes to get Amari Cooper back on the field
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, W.Va. -- Browns receiver Amari Cooper appeared outside with the rest of his teammates at the start training camp on Sunday, but quickly went inside on Day 2 with what proved to be “a minor tweak” of something, general manager Andrew Berry said after practice.
Berry declined to specify what body part Cooper tweaked, but did say that it’s not related to the core muscle surgery he had in February. Cooper spent some time in the therapy pool inside the Sports Performance building at The Greenbrier.
edit- Got a dollar, Berry makes a move after Friday's pads come on & before the 12th ?
Thanks Gumbs! From what I've heard - they're going to keep things fairly light in the 1st week.
As no surprise, we're probably looking at Tomlinson, Ika, and Elliott as the top 3 DTs. If we lose Tomlinson or Ika to injury this year - we may be looking at kicking Myles Garrett inside for a series here and there (since most of our depth all of a sudden seems like it's on the edges.
Knowing the injury history/wear and tear situation with Conklin - Dawand Jones will get plenty of action at RT. Meanwhile, the is a VERY important year for LT Jed Wills and the passing game. There's a lot hinging on him becoming what he hoped/needed him to. If not, we'll have to assign a TE to his left. I'm the knucklehead that would love to see Dewand Jones lining up to the left of Wills as a TE with more of a blocking purpose. That said, the big feller was supposed to be a big time basketball player in high school catching passes/scoring in traffic. The wing span on a 6'8" target like this might make for a surprisingly good TE option. I'm guessing not many coaches would have asked LB Mike Vrable to line up at TE with Gronk on the other side in red zone/goal line situations; and that turned into quite a few TD receptions for Vrable. Something like that wouldn't suck from Jones aside from NFL experience blocking on 1 edge.
As always, let's see what happens...
As no surprise, we're probably looking at Tomlinson, Ika, and Elliott as the top 3 DTs. If we lose Tomlinson or Ika to injury this year - we may be looking at kicking Myles Garrett inside for a series here and there (since most of our depth all of a sudden seems like it's on the edges.
I like that Schwartz can evaluate Elliott vs Ika in pads. Who works parked next to Tomlinson? Berry seemed high on Elliott last season (over-evaluated imo) With Winfrey gone. It's Elliott's job to lose to Ika imo. Elliott's talent evaluation needs to stay higher than whats on the DT street.
from most media reads.. Za'Darius Smith kicks inside to DT.. Garrett & Obo to play wide 9 DE's .. stay tuned
Knowing the injury history/wear and tear situation with Conklin - Dawand Jones will get plenty of action at RT. Meanwhile, the is a VERY important year for LT Jed Wills and the passing game. There's a lot hinging on him becoming what he hoped/needed him to. If not, we'll have to assign a TE to his left.
As always, let's see what happens...
I've seen before pads Friday, called the amp up period. Offensive plays are being installed.. The only report on Dawand Jones, was him playing LT2/ w/Hudson playing RT2 on Day 1.. Jones was excused, ill on days 2 & 3.. Hudson vs Jones is the swing tackle camp battle. Bill Callahan knows Right from Left Tackles. I like where he started Jones. LT
Camp day 3 edit- WR depth reps- Coop was out. Schwartz/Grant/Goodwin remained out. David Bell/ Cedric Tillman & Daylen Baldwin saw 1st team reps with DPJ & Elijah Moore. Jaelon Darden & DPJ split kick/punt return duties.
-
As no surprise, we're probably looking at Tomlinson, Ika, and Elliott as the top 3 DTs. If we lose Tomlinson or Ika to injury this year - we may be looking at kicking Myles Garrett inside for a series here and there (since most of our depth all of a sudden seems like it's on the edges.
I like that Schwartz can evaluate Elliott vs Ika in pads. Who works parked next to Tomlinson? Berry seemed high on Elliott last season (over-evaluated imo) With Winfrey gone. It's Elliott's job to lose to Ika imo. Elliott's talent evaluation needs to stay higher than whats on the DT street.
from most media reads.. Za'Darius Smith kicks inside to DT.. Garrett & Obo to play wide 9 DE's .. stay tuned
Knowing the injury history/wear and tear situation with Conklin - Dawand Jones will get plenty of action at RT. Meanwhile, the is a VERY important year for LT Jed Wills and the passing game. There's a lot hinging on him becoming what he hoped/needed him to. If not, we'll have to assign a TE to his left.
As always, let's see what happens...
I've seen before pads Friday, called the amp up period. Offensive plays are being installed.. The only report on Dawand Jones, was him playing LT2/ w/Hudson playing RT2 on Day 1.. Jones was excused, ill on days 2 & 3.. Hudson vs Jones is the swing tackle camp battle. Bill Callahan knows Right from Left Tackles. I like where he started Jones. LT
Camp day 3 edit- WR depth reps- Coop was out. Schwartz/Grant/Goodwin remained out. David Bell/ Cedric Tillman & Daylen Baldwin saw 1st team reps with DPJ & Elijah Moore. Jaelon Darden & DPJ split kick/punt return duties.
I like that Schwartz can evaluate Elliott vs Ika in pads. Who works parked next to Tomlinson? Berry seemed high on Elliott last season (over-evaluated imo) With Winfrey gone. It's Elliott's job to lose to Ika imo. Elliott's talent evaluation needs to stay higher than whats on the DT street.
from most media reads.. Za'Darius Smith kicks inside to DT.. Garrett & Obo to play wide 9 DE's .. stay tuned
I've seen before pads Friday, called the amp up period. Offensive plays are being installed.. The only report on Dawand Jones, was him playing LT2/ w/Hudson playing RT2 on Day 1.. Jones was excused, ill on days 2 & 3.. Hudson vs Jones is the swing tackle camp battle. Bill Callahan knows Right from Left Tackles. I like where he started Jones. LT
Camp day 3 edit- WR depth reps- Coop was out. Schwartz/Grant/Goodwin remained out. David Bell/ Cedric Tillman & Daylen Baldwin saw 1st team reps with DPJ & Elijah Moore. Jaelon Darden & DPJ split kick/punt return duties.
Thanks! To the 1st thing I bolded from you above - I was wondering how far Za'Darius got his weight up to. I don't know how accurate the pre-season Football Preview Magazines are but Athlon's list Myles and Za'Darius at the same height and weight (6'4" 272lbs). My intrigue for kicking Myles inside on occasion (like Houston used to with JJ Watt) is the elite power and explosion he packs. I know Za'Darius has a lot of that too; but my guess is Garrett has the best chance to overwhelm the 300-325lb OGs in this league. Schwartz will have the right guys in the right places so I'm fine with whoever he feels comfortable with. The BIGGER hope is we have a DT rotation where there's little to no drop-off with the guys that earned their roles so we can keep all our effective edge rushers outside where they prefer to be. I'm kind of excited at how many edge rushers the Browns added this year; because it gives us the flexibility if depth gets depleted anywhere on the DL. I'm really looking forward to seeing Schwartz orchestrate it all.
To the 2nd bolded part, I really liked what I read from you. Not that it was a huge surprise - it just rewards Hudson for all his efforts to improve each year as challenging as it might be to win that battle. I'll close my jibberish with a couple old sayings. It's not the size of the dawg in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dawg. If you fail to prepare - then prepare to fail.
-
Hope and pray for good health, more than anything.
Still of the belief Togiai gets a longer look than Elliot. He was bordering on ineffective before the weight gain, after said gain he was a liability. So he's lost marginal explosiveness and combined it with no improvement in functional strength or technique.
Tommy at least, given his power and natural lower pad level from height, can hold his own against gap and down power teams. This is the reason why he saw high marks against squads like the Ravens, but was given an F- against zone teams like ATL.
Still banking on Mo or Hill showing their improved physique and better health. Either would be a upgrade.
-
So I'm the dumbass who put in his Google calendar that training camp tickets were open this past Monday at 9a. Turns out it was Saturday.
If anyone has stumbled across an open camp date, preferably for the 7th, holler at your boy. Help me help you get some of the best training camp reporting you'll find online.
Don't worry about it. It's nice that you share your Training Camp observations and insights with us every time you attend. Thanks!
Don't worry about it. It's nice that you share your Training Camp observations and insights with us every time you attend. Thanks!
Can't give those same thoughts if I don't get tickets though bubs. We'll see, I'm not about to satisfy the scalpers on Ebay by paying for something designed to be free.
-
I like that Schwartz can evaluate Elliott vs Ika in pads. Who works parked next to Tomlinson? Berry seemed high on Elliott last season (over-evaluated imo) With Winfrey gone. It's Elliott's job to lose to Ika imo. Elliott's talent evaluation needs to stay higher than whats on the DT street.
from most media reads.. Za'Darius Smith kicks inside to DT.. Garrett & Obo to play wide 9 DE's .. stay tuned
I've seen before pads Friday, called the amp up period. Offensive plays are being installed.. The only report on Dawand Jones, was him playing LT2/ w/Hudson playing RT2 on Day 1.. Jones was excused, ill on days 2 & 3.. Hudson vs Jones is the swing tackle camp battle. Bill Callahan knows Right from Left Tackles. I like where he started Jones. LT
Camp day 3 edit- WR depth reps- Coop was out. Schwartz/Grant/Goodwin remained out. David Bell/ Cedric Tillman & Daylen Baldwin saw 1st team reps with DPJ & Elijah Moore. Jaelon Darden & DPJ split kick/punt return duties.
Thanks! To the 1st thing I bolded from you above - I was wondering how far Za'Darius got his weight up to. I don't know how accurate the pre-season Football Preview Magazines are but Athlon's list Myles and Za'Darius at the same height and weight (6'4" 272lbs). My intrigue for kicking Myles inside on occasion (like Houston used to with JJ Watt) is the elite power and explosion he packs. I know Za'Darius has a lot of that too; but my guess is Garrett has the best chance to overwhelm the 300-325lb OGs in this league. Schwartz will have the right guys in the right places so I'm fine with whoever he feels comfortable with. The BIGGER hope is we have a DT rotation where there's little to no drop-off with the guys that earned their roles so we can keep all our effective edge rushers outside where they prefer to be. I'm kind of excited at how many edge rushers the Browns added this year; because it gives us the flexibility if depth gets depleted anywhere on the DL. I'm really looking forward to seeing Schwartz orchestrate it all.
To the 2nd bolded part, I really liked what I read from you. Not that it was a huge surprise - it just rewards Hudson for all his efforts to improve each year as challenging as it might be to win that battle. I'll close my jibberish with a couple old sayings. It's not the size of the dawg in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dawg. If you fail to prepare - then prepare to fail.
Thanks! To the 1st thing I bolded from you above - I was wondering how far Za'Darius got his weight up to. I don't know how accurate the pre-season Football Preview Magazines are but Athlon's list Myles and Za'Darius at the same height and weight (6'4" 272lbs). My intrigue for kicking Myles inside on occasion (like Houston used to with JJ Watt) is the elite power and explosion he packs. I know Za'Darius has a lot of that too; but my guess is Garrett has the best chance to overwhelm the 300-325lb OGs in this league. Schwartz will have the right guys in the right places so I'm fine with whoever he feels comfortable with. The BIGGER hope is we have a DT rotation where there's little to no drop-off with the guys that earned their roles so we can keep all our effective edge rushers outside where they prefer to be. I'm kind of excited at how many edge rushers the Browns added this year; because it gives us the flexibility if depth gets depleted anywhere on the DL. I'm really looking forward to seeing Schwartz orchestrate it all.
To the 2nd bolded part, I really liked what I read from you. Not that it was a huge surprise - it just rewards Hudson for all his efforts to improve each year as challenging as it might be to win that battle. I'll close my jibberish with a couple old sayings. It's not the size of the dawg in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dawg. If you fail to prepare - then prepare to fail.
This was a suggestion I made last year (kicking Myles inside on some downs) it wasn’t met as pleasantly as I thought it would be met. But We saw this more in prior years and I believe we had success deploying it for some of the reasons you stated. I don’t think or know if Zadarius offers the same flexibility…there was talk that he faded down the stretch too and I think his game from what I’ve seen bodes well on the outside. Tomlinson offers flexibility (not as a DE). My hope is maybe McGuire flashes, everyone else including Okoronkwo should be situational and on a pitch count.
to move back a level…I wasn’t thrilled about our LB situation last year - we are putting our eggs in Anthony Walker will play 15-17 games basket and I hope for our sake that plays out. We were thin their last year we are thin again. -
In other Camp news..
Justin Herbert, Chargers agree to five-year, $262.5 million extension
Herbert will receive '$218.7 million in guarantees' in his new deal. ?
https://www.nfl.com/news/justin-herbert-chargers-agree-to-five-year-262-5-million-extension
Browns return to practice Thursday
-
Thanks! To the 1st thing I bolded from you above - I was wondering how far Za'Darius got his weight up to. I don't know how accurate the pre-season Football Preview Magazines are but Athlon's list Myles and Za'Darius at the same height and weight (6'4" 272lbs). My intrigue for kicking Myles inside on occasion (like Houston used to with JJ Watt) is the elite power and explosion he packs. I know Za'Darius has a lot of that too; but my guess is Garrett has the best chance to overwhelm the 300-325lb OGs in this league. Schwartz will have the right guys in the right places so I'm fine with whoever he feels comfortable with. The BIGGER hope is we have a DT rotation where there's little to no drop-off with the guys that earned their roles so we can keep all our effective edge rushers outside where they prefer to be. I'm kind of excited at how many edge rushers the Browns added this year; because it gives us the flexibility if depth gets depleted anywhere on the DL. I'm really looking forward to seeing Schwartz orchestrate it all.
To the 2nd bolded part, I really liked what I read from you. Not that it was a huge surprise - it just rewards Hudson for all his efforts to improve each year as challenging as it might be to win that battle. I'll close my jibberish with a couple old sayings. It's not the size of the dawg in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dawg. If you fail to prepare - then prepare to fail.
This was a suggestion I made last year (kicking Myles inside on some downs) it wasn’t met as pleasantly as I thought it would be met. But We saw this more in prior years and I believe we had success deploying it for some of the reasons you stated. I don’t think or know if Zadarius offers the same flexibility…there was talk that he faded down the stretch too and I think his game from what I’ve seen bodes well on the outside. Tomlinson offers flexibility (not as a DE). My hope is maybe McGuire flashes, everyone else including Okoronkwo should be situational and on a pitch count.
to move back a level…I wasn’t thrilled about our LB situation last year - we are putting our eggs in Anthony Walker will play 15-17 games basket and I hope for our sake that plays out. We were thin their last year we are thin again.This was a suggestion I made last year (kicking Myles inside on some downs) it wasn’t met as pleasantly as I thought it would be met. But We saw this more in prior years and I believe we had success deploying it for some of the reasons you stated. I don’t think or know if Zadarius offers the same flexibility…there was talk that he faded down the stretch too and I think his game from what I’ve seen bodes well on the outside. Tomlinson offers flexibility (not as a DE). My hope is maybe McGuire flashes, everyone else including Okoronkwo should be situational and on a pitch count.
to move back a level…I wasn’t thrilled about our LB situation last year - we are putting our eggs in Anthony Walker will play 15-17 games basket and I hope for our sake that plays out. We were thin their last year we are thin again.Thanks for sharing your thoughts! The reason I think it's a better idea this year (especially if there's an injury to Tomlinson or Ika); is the FO brought in so much more competition and depth on the edges. My thinking is the drop-off outside from kicking Garrett inside isn't nearly as risky at it would have been in 2022. I'm hoping some of the veteran DTs they added are just as good or better than Winfrey would have been anyway. Outside of an occasional good play from Winfrey, he still had a lot of bad habits like pad height out of stance he repeated far too much for comfort. Like you I hope McGuire and Okoronkwo and others can give us the reliable situational reps. Meanwhile it will also be interesting to see if their experience and new coaching has them at an improved level.
I have the same thought you do about Za'Darius moving inside not so much as an insult to him; but Garrett has elite power, explosion and quicks to make him lining up anywhere near that football something for offenses to worry about. Meanwhile, Za'Darius has made Pro Bowls on the edge so that if we did kick Garrett inside that's a much better drop-off than anything we had last year. I wasn't a big fan of Clowney. He reminded me of the types of FAs we had in the past that thought "I ain't risking the rest of my career on trying to bring Cleveland's defense to another level." When the veteran lined up offsides on 3rd and 4 one game and twice in another game - that's a lack of focus defining his inner chest.
You have a legit concern about the LBer Corps being thin. Heading into 2020 I was really worried about the LBer Corps; but they never prevented us from going 11-5. I think our new DC will be exactly what the doctor ordered for this group. We're gonna find out real soon...
-
The money that QB's get is just plain bonkers. But what are ya gonna do? Let him walk and hire Baker Mayfield? Teddy Twatwater? Andy Dalton? Not if you want to challenge for a championship. It's madness.
The money that QB's get is just plain bonkers. But what are ya gonna do? Let him walk and hire Baker Mayfield? Teddy Twatwater? Andy Dalton? Not if you want to challenge for a championship. It's madness.
It will be interesting to see how giant of a contract Watson's is in comparison this time next year.
I have a feeling his "groundbreaking" contract isn't going to look as enormous by then.
Edit: When he signed the contract in March of 2022, he was the highest paid QB in the NFL. He is now 8th, and Joe Burrow and Lamar Jackson still haven't been paid yet.
Edit Part Deux: Lamar has signed a contract extension. Burrow and someone else I think are due or about to be due. I can't remember who, because the heat this week has melted my brain.
-
What color font do we use if a small camp roster whine is posted ? ?
Nothing really post worthy came out of yesterday's walk-thru. Early 10:30 am practice start today
The Good... Starting LB'ers Taki & Walker got on the field with no contact.
The Whine.. (grape)
If Berry knew all 3 shifty/speed WR's Schwartz, Goodwin & Grant can't practice? Why add a late choice WR in Austin Watkins? After drafting his same body clone of Cedric Tillman ? The only roster'd WR speed left to practice is? E.Moore, J. Darden or M. Harley?
edit- The first few days will be relatively light before the Browns practice in full pads for the first time on July 28.
We are shopping at ALDIs at this point - you aren’t finding anything too fancy at this point. Having said that we have a promising group of guys that can fill out a 5th/6th WR role and I think from the group we cut there is strong chance someone gets picked up to fill out the end of another teams roster.
Watkins looks pretty good. Uphill battle for him though I don’t see him contributing on special teams in anyway and that’s probably what they will look for in that last spot.
We are shopping at ALDIs at this point - y
LOL...I like that. Aldi's pretty much sucks. I like my grocery store neat and clean. At Aldi's you have shit just thrown all over the place. It's like shopping in Eastern Europe.
-
Look, trash the Brownies all you damn well please but leave Aldi out of this. If you go during the slow hours you can get decent stuff for cheap. I won't stand for this madness.
-
What color font do we use if a small camp roster whine is posted ? ?
Nothing really post worthy came out of yesterday's walk-thru. Early 10:30 am practice start today
The Good... Starting LB'ers Taki & Walker got on the field with no contact.
The Whine.. (grape)
If Berry knew all 3 shifty/speed WR's Schwartz, Goodwin & Grant can't practice? Why add a late choice WR in Austin Watkins? After drafting his same body clone of Cedric Tillman ? The only roster'd WR speed left to practice is? E.Moore, J. Darden or M. Harley?
edit- The first few days will be relatively light before the Browns practice in full pads for the first time on July 28.
We are shopping at ALDIs at this point - you aren’t finding anything too fancy at this point. Having said that we have a promising group of guys that can fill out a 5th/6th WR role and I think from the group we cut there is strong chance someone gets picked up to fill out the end of another teams roster.
Watkins looks pretty good. Uphill battle for him though I don’t see him contributing on special teams in anyway and that’s probably what they will look for in that last spot.
We are shopping at ALDIs at this point - you aren’t finding anything too fancy at this point. Having said that we have a promising group of guys that can fill out a 5th/6th WR role and I think from the group we cut there is strong chance someone gets picked up to fill out the end of another teams roster.
Watkins looks pretty good. Uphill battle for him though I don’t see him contributing on special teams in anyway and that’s probably what they will look for in that last spot.
Lately, every time I compliment something we're eating - my wife says I got it at Aldi's. Finally, I asked did I ever insult that place or something? She said "no, I just want you to know you can find some really good bargains if/when you're not close minded." This can apply to the Browns too when we remember Josh Cribbs was an undrafted free agent once upon a time.
-
We are shopping at ALDIs at this point - y
LOL...I like that. Aldi's pretty much sucks. I like my grocery store neat and clean. At Aldi's you have shit just thrown all over the place. It's like shopping in Eastern Europe.
I like my grocery store neat and clean. At Aldi's you have shit just thrown all over the place. It's like shopping in Eastern Europe.
After eating a breakfast meal, I purchased from Aldi's on Tuesday! ^This statement was absolutely Golden ^ ? correct sir
but it's the easiest, on the way home from 'work all day in this heat' & get out savior from the big stores'...
Post Note to above paid QB's...
Lamar Jackson was extended in April.. https://www.nfl.com/news/lamar-jackson-ravens-agree-to-terms-on-new-contract
Joe Borrow has not been extended yet. Bengals owner Mike Brown can't find a way to slice a pie of WR's Tee Higgins, Ja'Marr Chase & Joe Borrow
Browns back to practice 10:30 am today..
-
Speaking of training camps, there are multiple articles/youtubes coming out of Miami about how impressive Devon Achane has been not only as a seedy runner, but as the best RB/pass catcher on the roster according to Tua and others in the know on the team. But I'll just leave only part of one. ?
-
Speaking of training camps, there are multiple articles/youtubes coming out of Miami about how impressive Devon Achane has been not only as a seedy runner, but as the best RB/pass catcher on the roster according to Tua and others in the know on the team. But I'll just leave only part of one. ?
Speaking of training camps, there are multiple articles/youtubes coming out of Miami about how impressive Devon Achane has been not only as a seedy runner, but as the best RB/pass catcher on the roster according to Tua and others in the know on the team. But I'll just leave only part of one. ?
What does this have to do with Browns training camp
-
5 days of ramp up practice, comes to a close. Pads come on Friday & Saturday's practice.
Injury update.
WR Marquise Goodwin (blood clots) is a injury factor, that at best may lose 6 regular season games, if moved to PUP list. Or more likely, IR done for the year for treatment.(see NFL banned substance list)
Amari Cooper has saw 1 practice day. Unknown body part tweak Sunday. Not related to surgery. Close, but has not returned to practice.
LB/ST ace, Matthew Adams. Walked off Tuesday with trainer to a calf injury. Spotted in walking boot Thursday. Stef reported, "Out a couple of weeks"
LB's Anthony Walker & Taki have stayed on the field for defensive installs. Both head off the field for 7 on 7's & 11 on 11 drills. Something to keep a ear on with padded contact coming up next.
OL Colby Gossett has not played a snap since put on NFI
WR Anthony Schwartz returned today from the NFI list. Returned from hamstring to see a few reps. and a 2 hand warm up drop. ?
Lets hope to get out of these few padded practices clean & head back to Cleveland.
-
QB's & Rookies reported Wednesday. All 88 of 90 possible players, plus staff are to report Friday to Berea, Ohio on July 21st 2023.
Saturday the team will travel to begin camp at The Greenbrier Resort in W.Virginia. That afternoon from July 22 (walk-thru) thru July 30th.
August 1st thru August 24th the camp will move back to Berea,Ohio. Camp tickets are available. (in Bold print)
Berea,Ohio Schedule
The 2023 Browns training camp schedule is as follows:
* All times are ET.
* Open practices in bold
Tues. Aug. 1 — 2 p.m.
Wed. Aug. 2 — No practice
Thurs. Aug. 3 — Preseason game vs. New York Jets (Hall of Fame Game), 8 p.m., News 5
Fri. Aug 4 —— No practice
Sat. Aug. 5 — No practice
Sun. Aug. 6 — 2 p.m.
Mon. Aug. 7 — 2 p.m.
Tues. Aug. 8 — No practice
Wed. Aug. 9 — 2 p.m.
Thurs. Aug. 10 — No practice
Fri. Aug. 11 — Preseason game vs. Washington, 7:30 p.m., News 5
Sat. Aug. 12 — No practice
Sun. Aug. 13 — No practice
Mon. Aug. 14 — Joint practice in Philadelphia, 2 p.m.
Tues. Aug. 15 — Joint practice in Philadelphia, 2 p.m.
Wed. Aug. 16 — No practice
Thurs. Aug. 17 — Preseason game at Philadelphia, 7:30 p.m., News 5
Fri. Aug 18 — No practice
Sat. Aug. 19 — No practice
Sun. Aug. 20 — 2 p.m.
Mon. Aug. 21 — No practice
Tues. Aug. 22 — 1:25 p.m.
Wed. Aug. 23 — 1:25 p.m.
Thurs. Aug. 24 — 11:30 a.m
Fri. Aug. 25 — No practice
Sat. Aug. 26 — Preseason game at Kansas City, 1 p.m., News 5
Camp Roster
Cleveland Browns Depth Chart
3WR 1TE (42) 7-22 (44)STARTER 2ND 3RD 4TH Deshaun Watson Joshua Dobbs Dorian Thompson-Robinson Kellen Mond Nick Chubb Jerome Ford Demetric Felton Jr. John Kelly Jr. Nate McCrary Hassan Hall Amari Cooper Cedric Tillman Jaelon Darden Daylen Baldwin Austin Watkins Elijah Moore Marquise Goodwin *NFI Anthony Schwartz *NFI/off 7-28 Mike Harley Jr. Donovan Peoples-Jones David Bell Jakeem Grant Sr. Q Ra'Shaun Henry Michael Woods *NFI David Njoku Jordan Akins Harrison Bryant Zaire Mitchell-Paden Thomas Greaney Jedrick Wills Jr. Hunter Thedford - - Joel Bitonio Colby Gossett *NFI Wes Martin Ethan Pocic Luke Wypler Nick Harris - Wyatt Teller Drew Forbes Michael Dunn - Jack Conklin James Hudson III Dawand Jones Tyrone Wheatley Jr. Base 4-3 D (42)Special Teams (4)STARTER 2ND 3RD 4TH Cade York - - - Corey Bojorquez Joseph Charlton - - Corey Bojorquez Joseph Charlton - - Donovan Peoples-Jones Jakeem Grant Sr. Q Jaelon Darden Demetric Felton Jr. Jerome Ford Jakeem Grant Sr. Q Jaelon Darden - Charley Hughlett - - - Browns Roster sits at 88 of 90 players after P. Winfrey was cut.. (edit 7-22- adding Michael Woods back in. And signing WR Austin Watkins. Roster is full at 90 to Camp Greenbrier)
Browns Camp News should start breaking out starting Friday or Saturday !
Members welcome to post daily updates here !
Let's Go Browns !
QB's & Rookies reported Wednesday. All 88 of 90 possible players, plus staff are to report Friday to Berea, Ohio on July 21st 2023.
Saturday the team will travel to begin camp at The Greenbrier Resort in W.Virginia. That afternoon from July 22 (walk-thru) thru July 30th.
August 1st thru August 24th the camp will move back to Berea,Ohio. Camp tickets are available. (in Bold print)
Berea,Ohio Schedule
The 2023 Browns training camp schedule is as follows:
* All times are ET.
* Open practices in bold
Tues. Aug. 1 — 2 p.m.
Wed. Aug. 2 — No practice
Thurs. Aug. 3 — Preseason game vs. New York Jets (Hall of Fame Game), 8 p.m., News 5
Fri. Aug 4 —— No practice
Sat. Aug. 5 — No practice
Sun. Aug. 6 — 2 p.m.
Mon. Aug. 7 — 2 p.m.
Tues. Aug. 8 — No practice
Wed. Aug. 9 — 2 p.m.
Thurs. Aug. 10 — No practice
Fri. Aug. 11 — Preseason game vs. Washington, 7:30 p.m., News 5
Sat. Aug. 12 — No practice
Sun. Aug. 13 — No practice
Mon. Aug. 14 — Joint practice in Philadelphia, 2 p.m.
Tues. Aug. 15 — Joint practice in Philadelphia, 2 p.m.
Wed. Aug. 16 — No practice
Thurs. Aug. 17 — Preseason game at Philadelphia, 7:30 p.m., News 5
Fri. Aug 18 — No practice
Sat. Aug. 19 — No practice
Sun. Aug. 20 — 2 p.m.
Mon. Aug. 21 — No practice
Tues. Aug. 22 — 1:25 p.m.
Wed. Aug. 23 — 1:25 p.m.
Thurs. Aug. 24 — 11:30 a.m
Fri. Aug. 25 — No practice
Sat. Aug. 26 — Preseason game at Kansas City, 1 p.m., News 5
Camp Roster
Cleveland Browns Depth Chart
3WR 1TE (42) 7-22 (44)STARTER 2ND 3RD 4TH Deshaun Watson Joshua Dobbs Dorian Thompson-Robinson Kellen Mond Nick Chubb Jerome Ford Demetric Felton Jr. John Kelly Jr. Nate McCrary Hassan Hall Amari Cooper Cedric Tillman Jaelon Darden Daylen Baldwin Austin Watkins Elijah Moore Marquise Goodwin *NFI Anthony Schwartz *NFI/off 7-28 Mike Harley Jr. Donovan Peoples-Jones David Bell Jakeem Grant Sr. Q Ra'Shaun Henry Michael Woods *NFI David Njoku Jordan Akins Harrison Bryant Zaire Mitchell-Paden Thomas Greaney Jedrick Wills Jr. Hunter Thedford - - Joel Bitonio Colby Gossett *NFI Wes Martin Ethan Pocic Luke Wypler Nick Harris - Wyatt Teller Drew Forbes Michael Dunn - Jack Conklin James Hudson III Dawand Jones Tyrone Wheatley Jr. Base 4-3 D (42)Special Teams (4)STARTER 2ND 3RD 4TH Cade York - - - Corey Bojorquez Joseph Charlton - - Corey Bojorquez Joseph Charlton - - Donovan Peoples-Jones Jakeem Grant Sr. Q Jaelon Darden Demetric Felton Jr. Jerome Ford Jakeem Grant Sr. Q Jaelon Darden - Charley Hughlett - - - Browns Roster sits at 88 of 90 players after P. Winfrey was cut.. (edit 7-22- adding Michael Woods back in. And signing WR Austin Watkins. Roster is full at 90 to Camp Greenbrier)
Browns Camp News should start breaking out starting Friday or Saturday !
Members welcome to post daily updates here !
Let's Go Browns !
I don't recall there being this many off-days in years past. Is this part of the latest CBA and just now being administered or am I a few years late?
-
QB's & Rookies reported Wednesday. All 88 of 90 possible players, plus staff are to report Friday to Berea, Ohio on July 21st 2023.
Saturday the team will travel to begin camp at The Greenbrier Resort in W.Virginia. That afternoon from July 22 (walk-thru) thru July 30th.
August 1st thru August 24th the camp will move back to Berea,Ohio. Camp tickets are available. (in Bold print)
Berea,Ohio Schedule
The 2023 Browns training camp schedule is as follows:
* All times are ET.
* Open practices in bold
Tues. Aug. 1 — 2 p.m.
Wed. Aug. 2 — No practice
Thurs. Aug. 3 — Preseason game vs. New York Jets (Hall of Fame Game), 8 p.m., News 5
Fri. Aug 4 —— No practice
Sat. Aug. 5 — No practice
Sun. Aug. 6 — 2 p.m.
Mon. Aug. 7 — 2 p.m.
Tues. Aug. 8 — No practice
Wed. Aug. 9 — 2 p.m.
Thurs. Aug. 10 — No practice
Fri. Aug. 11 — Preseason game vs. Washington, 7:30 p.m., News 5
Sat. Aug. 12 — No practice
Sun. Aug. 13 — No practice
Mon. Aug. 14 — Joint practice in Philadelphia, 2 p.m.
Tues. Aug. 15 — Joint practice in Philadelphia, 2 p.m.
Wed. Aug. 16 — No practice
Thurs. Aug. 17 — Preseason game at Philadelphia, 7:30 p.m., News 5
Fri. Aug 18 — No practice
Sat. Aug. 19 — No practice
Sun. Aug. 20 — 2 p.m.
Mon. Aug. 21 — No practice
Tues. Aug. 22 — 1:25 p.m.
Wed. Aug. 23 — 1:25 p.m.
Thurs. Aug. 24 — 11:30 a.m
Fri. Aug. 25 — No practice
Sat. Aug. 26 — Preseason game at Kansas City, 1 p.m., News 5
Camp Roster
Cleveland Browns Depth Chart
3WR 1TE (42) 7-22 (44)STARTER 2ND 3RD 4TH Deshaun Watson Joshua Dobbs Dorian Thompson-Robinson Kellen Mond Nick Chubb Jerome Ford Demetric Felton Jr. John Kelly Jr. Nate McCrary Hassan Hall Amari Cooper Cedric Tillman Jaelon Darden Daylen Baldwin Austin Watkins Elijah Moore Marquise Goodwin *NFI Anthony Schwartz *NFI/off 7-28 Mike Harley Jr. Donovan Peoples-Jones David Bell Jakeem Grant Sr. Q Ra'Shaun Henry Michael Woods *NFI David Njoku Jordan Akins Harrison Bryant Zaire Mitchell-Paden Thomas Greaney Jedrick Wills Jr. Hunter Thedford - - Joel Bitonio Colby Gossett *NFI Wes Martin Ethan Pocic Luke Wypler Nick Harris - Wyatt Teller Drew Forbes Michael Dunn - Jack Conklin James Hudson III Dawand Jones Tyrone Wheatley Jr. Base 4-3 D (42)Special Teams (4)STARTER 2ND 3RD 4TH Cade York - - - Corey Bojorquez Joseph Charlton - - Corey Bojorquez Joseph Charlton - - Donovan Peoples-Jones Jakeem Grant Sr. Q Jaelon Darden Demetric Felton Jr. Jerome Ford Jakeem Grant Sr. Q Jaelon Darden - Charley Hughlett - - - Browns Roster sits at 88 of 90 players after P. Winfrey was cut.. (edit 7-22- adding Michael Woods back in. And signing WR Austin Watkins. Roster is full at 90 to Camp Greenbrier)
Browns Camp News should start breaking out starting Friday or Saturday !
Members welcome to post daily updates here !
Let's Go Browns !
I don't recall there being this many off-days in years past. Is this part of the latest CBA and just now being administered or am I a few years late?
-
QB's & Rookies reported Wednesday. All 88 of 90 possible players, plus staff are to report Friday to Berea, Ohio on July 21st 2023.
Saturday the team will travel to begin camp at The Greenbrier Resort in W.Virginia. That afternoon from July 22 (walk-thru) thru July 30th.
August 1st thru August 24th the camp will move back to Berea,Ohio. Camp tickets are available. (in Bold print)
Berea,Ohio Schedule
The 2023 Browns training camp schedule is as follows:
* All times are ET.
* Open practices in bold
Tues. Aug. 1 — 2 p.m.
Wed. Aug. 2 — No practice
Thurs. Aug. 3 — Preseason game vs. New York Jets (Hall of Fame Game), 8 p.m., News 5
Fri. Aug 4 —— No practice
Sat. Aug. 5 — No practice
Sun. Aug. 6 — 2 p.m.
Mon. Aug. 7 — 2 p.m.
Tues. Aug. 8 — No practice
Wed. Aug. 9 — 2 p.m.
Thurs. Aug. 10 — No practice
Fri. Aug. 11 — Preseason game vs. Washington, 7:30 p.m., News 5
Sat. Aug. 12 — No practice
Sun. Aug. 13 — No practice
Mon. Aug. 14 — Joint practice in Philadelphia, 2 p.m.
Tues. Aug. 15 — Joint practice in Philadelphia, 2 p.m.
Wed. Aug. 16 — No practice
Thurs. Aug. 17 — Preseason game at Philadelphia, 7:30 p.m., News 5
Fri. Aug 18 — No practice
Sat. Aug. 19 — No practice
Sun. Aug. 20 — 2 p.m.
Mon. Aug. 21 — No practice
Tues. Aug. 22 — 1:25 p.m.
Wed. Aug. 23 — 1:25 p.m.
Thurs. Aug. 24 — 11:30 a.m
Fri. Aug. 25 — No practice
Sat. Aug. 26 — Preseason game at Kansas City, 1 p.m., News 5
Camp Roster
Cleveland Browns Depth Chart
3WR 1TE (42) 7-22 (44)STARTER 2ND 3RD 4TH Deshaun Watson Joshua Dobbs Dorian Thompson-Robinson Kellen Mond Nick Chubb Jerome Ford Demetric Felton Jr. John Kelly Jr. Nate McCrary Hassan Hall Amari Cooper Cedric Tillman Jaelon Darden Daylen Baldwin Austin Watkins Elijah Moore Marquise Goodwin *NFI Anthony Schwartz *NFI/off 7-28 Mike Harley Jr. Donovan Peoples-Jones David Bell Jakeem Grant Sr. Q Ra'Shaun Henry Michael Woods *NFI David Njoku Jordan Akins Harrison Bryant Zaire Mitchell-Paden Thomas Greaney Jedrick Wills Jr. Hunter Thedford - - Joel Bitonio Colby Gossett *NFI Wes Martin Ethan Pocic Luke Wypler Nick Harris - Wyatt Teller Drew Forbes Michael Dunn - Jack Conklin James Hudson III Dawand Jones Tyrone Wheatley Jr. Base 4-3 D (42)Special Teams (4)STARTER 2ND 3RD 4TH Cade York - - - Corey Bojorquez Joseph Charlton - - Corey Bojorquez Joseph Charlton - - Donovan Peoples-Jones Jakeem Grant Sr. Q Jaelon Darden Demetric Felton Jr. Jerome Ford Jakeem Grant Sr. Q Jaelon Darden - Charley Hughlett - - - Browns Roster sits at 88 of 90 players after P. Winfrey was cut.. (edit 7-22- adding Michael Woods back in. And signing WR Austin Watkins. Roster is full at 90 to Camp Greenbrier)
Browns Camp News should start breaking out starting Friday or Saturday !
Members welcome to post daily updates here !
Let's Go Browns !
I don't recall there being this many off-days in years past. Is this part of the latest CBA and just now being administered or am I a few years late?
I don't recall there being this many off-days in years past. Is this part of the latest CBA and just now being administered or am I a few years late?
Good Question.
The NFL CBA started back in 1968 & the famous '2 a day practices' ended back in 2011, after the NFL lockout season.
The NFL 'Camp Cupcake' Training Camps version, gets their base from the 2020 Training Camp CBA.(Goodell). Tweaks to Camps CBA, could only happen at owners meetings approved by NFLPA. few happen or get tabled, imo.
Here's a link from a non-attorney spoke version about your post about Days off in general. (Veteran player off days are Coaches choice/not CBA's)
https://overthecap.com/collective-bargaining-agreement/article/35
Link to Training Camp field conduct. (aka 'gibberish pussification')
https://overthecap.com/collective-bargaining-agreement/article/23/section/7
In a Nutshell..
Pleased to see Amari Cooper get back on the field. 2nd round trade of WR Elijah Moore looks to be paying off too ! But these are Camp reps.
Not Pleased. If the Browns get dinged for a padded practice day that is tracked. For One hour of padded fundamental drills, that did not include any 7 on 7's nor 11 on 11's contact.
Today's practice should resemble some real ? /media reports
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
